PDA

View Full Version : Madlib one of the best producers of all time

Mic Tyson
07-19-2008, 11:16 PM
he ain't never failed me yet by makin wack beats or nothin. look at all his albums he produced on

Madvillainy-classic production
Liberation-up there wit reflection eternal, wish it was longer tho
Soundpieces-West Coast underground classic
Quasimoto Unseen- another great album, beats had a jazz type feel
Further Adventures of Lord Quas- real good album too
Dudley Perkins Expressions- great production but Dudley fucks the album up wit his wack r and b flow
Beat Konducta Series- Great instrumental Albums
percee p perserverance- aint fucked wit it too much cuz percee p gets annoying but its good
champion sound- i hate to say it but the reason the album wasn't as good as it should have been was because of production on Dilla's (RIP) part. Madlib killed it

madlib also got that blunted it the bomb shelter and his other hard to find albums that im tryin to get a hold of

basically, i think he def. one of the top 5 of all time. hes VERY consistent with his shit. I place him higher than RZA cuz RZA be makin some wack ass beats sometimes like that Northstar album and hes a great producer but you don't get lazy and shit and release it on an album. I also think he better than premier cuz i ain't liked his shit till Moment of Truth. If you don't want to put him as top 5, he is at least one of the most innovative. he uses samples from shit you didn't think was possible to make into a hip hop song. his style, everything about him is different than all these producers and hes only been involved with dope ass albums

Let me know what yall think

Vikthor
07-19-2008, 11:30 PM
amen! he is GREAT
quasi albums i consider godlike along with redmans whut? thee album dr octagonicologyst and jay dees welcome to detroit instrumentals
i just got really big into med, wildchild again, and declaim-its true anything he touches turns to gold
im still trying to find some declaim aka dudley perkins instrumentals if anybody got some please share :) prod. madlib of course!

iammzac
07-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Welcome 2 Detroit Insturumentals are bangin..

but madlib is on another planet. He is always coming with something hard.. madvillainy is my favorite cd of all time, every song is good. I have blunted in the bomb shelter, quas 1 and 2, beat konducta 1234, dudley experssions, percee, percee remix, jaylib, liberation (talib + madlib), erykah badus new album, lootpack, yesterdays universe.. madlib is a music machine.

whitey
07-20-2008, 01:44 AM
big ups. man does the business. no bullshit.

buckshotstheone
07-20-2008, 09:53 AM
his remixes and 7" drops are sick too

guy is an overall genius

Longbongcilvaringz
07-20-2008, 11:39 AM
I think he is a terrific producer.

Although, i really feel as though he beats dont always sound good when rapped over.

They can usually stand alone, but a lot of his shit post Lootpack is too abstract and almost impossible when worked into a track with an MC.

I still think hes great, but i rarely here a great hip hop beat from him that sounds good with an someone mc'ing on it after Soundpieces.

Oh No is much better at that kind of thing.

*awaits flaming*

Mic Tyson
07-20-2008, 11:41 AM
what about liberation and champion sound?

oDoUoSoKo
07-20-2008, 06:05 PM
yea hes sick.

cap
07-20-2008, 06:19 PM
he never had this big impact on me.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I Like Madlib He Production Is Amazing

Jaylib-champion Sound Too Me Was Amazing
Madvillian-original And Very Dope Sounded Like A Comic Book Come 2 Life
Talib Kweli/madlib-liberation-wow The Beat He Gave To Talib Were Amazing
Quasimoto-further Adventures And Unseen Were Amazing Dope Albums That Just Was That Type Of Vibe

INF
07-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm bumping Liberation right now and its on its 3rd rotation. Sux that its short like that. Yeah , Madlib is tight but I seen a video of him on a drum kit and it was sad.

Mic Tyson
07-20-2008, 09:00 PM
he never had this big impact on me.

he did for me, he was just WAY different than anything i heard. madvillainy was one of the first underground albums i had. little brother and kweli was cool but for the most part stuck to the formula, and although the lyrics were 10X better than any mainstream rapper, it wasn't nothin real original or different that caught me off guard. When i heard Madvillain i was like, what the fuck is this bullshit? it sounded weird as fuck. i stopped listenin to it for awhile but later after a few more listens i was, this nigga is a genius! Top 5 best album i ever heard. then i heard the unseen, which was even weirder, but that became one of my all time favorite albums too.

i guess its just his production style and how he uses all these samples and shit. i like jazz music and he blends it good wit hip hop and turns it into some of the best and smoohest beats i ever heard, whether somebody rappin to it or not.

basically, HE HAS HAD A HUGE IMPACT TO ME PERSONALLY AND SHOWED ME WHAT A REAL PRODUCER SHOULD BE LIKE

buckshotstheone
07-20-2008, 11:59 PM
i started on soundpieces, then heard unseen, along with all the 7 inches and shit...dude is a fucking genius with beats