PDA

View Full Version : NaS talks next 2 albums: one by Primo, one by Dre... [yeah rite] :P

claaa7
07-21-2008, 12:39 PM
this is from MTV, I believe that shit when I see it.. would be dope as hell though, I would buy both on release date!

Certainly a dream scenario for some fans and the artists themselves. Another legendary MC has been thinking about pairing himself with one of the producers he's had combustible chemistry with throughout his career. On July 15, while performing in concert, Nas (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/nas/artist.jhtml) made a very public appeal to DJ Premier (http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/dj_premier/artist.jhtml) (who was not present) and said the people are waiting for them to make an entire album together.

Premo and Nas first collaborated on Illmatic, and ever since then, the legendary DJ/producer has given his lyrical friend classic tracks. But the two haven't worked together in quite some time to the dismay of many. Nas is hoping to rectify that, and the Queensbridge great has another production king he'd like to collaborate with as well.

"I want to do an all-Dr. Dre album," he told MTV News. "A whole thing with Dre and a whole thing with Premier, and drop 'em on the same day. That's the real thing. All right, I said it. That's what I really wanna do.
"I'm doing my dream," he continued. "If you could, wouldn't you do it? What else would you do? Every time I do something, it's, 'Oh, he's doing it because this and that.' Since my first album, everybody has an explanation of why. What am I supposed to be doing here? So I wanna drop the Dre album and the Premier album on the same day. That's what I'm thinking."

Now before you go bombarding Nas and his two track-mastering friends with talk of these albums, Nas did say he was dreaming out loud and hasn't had any significant talk with Dre or Premo. But another producer recently caught Nas off-guard and ended up with a beat on Untitled (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1591030/20080716/nas.jhtml).
"I ain't know," he said of the Game's production skills. The Los Angeles mic arsonist rhymes on "Make the World Go Round" and also produced the track. Cool & Dre also have production credits on the song.

"He just hit me with the track," Nas added. "I was like, 'Oh, that's what's up.' The record was Game's record, so he's like, 'Me, you, I'm going to see Chris Brown. Nas, we gon' make this movie, boom, boom, boom.' It was his record. I guess Game's album. It was gonna come out now, but he pushed his sh-- back, so he let me have his sh--. He's a smart n---a like that. I was like, 'What you doing with this record?' He gave it to me. He's got so many bangers [on his album], I guess."
One of the big bangers off of [I]Untitled is the metaphorically supreme "Fried Chicken" with Busta Rhymes. Nas and Busta compare loving women to eating poultry and pork: "Fried chicken, fly vixen/ Give me heart disease/ But need you in my kitchen."

"When I was doing the album, I knew there was certain concepts I had to do," Nas explained. "There were obvious concepts, so many things to touch on, on an album that's supposed to be the N----- album. 'Fried Chicken' was just a no-brainer. So I did the first verse and had it. I knew everybody was busy. I couldn't think of anyone to get on it. I had hit up Common and I hit a few people. Everybody was trying to get back, and I had to turn it in, like, yesterday. Then it just dropped on me boom! Who's got the science? Who knows all the science on all this sh--? The Godfather, Busta Rhymes. It was just perfect. I hit him [and] said, 'Please turn it around.' He was overseas. He knocked that sh-- out overseas, sent it to me. Done."

Nas is getting ready to head out on the road to headline the Rock the Bells Tour. A Tribe Called Quest and Talib Kweli are among the artists appearing on various dates on the tour.

SOURCE: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1591198/20080718/nas.jhtml

Reiko
07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
I WANT theseee albums!!!! right now! :D can't wait to hear that shit, it will be amazing

claaa7
07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
^^ it's not the first time Nas have said these things.. it happens time and time again, don't get your hopes up just yet man!

-The A to the Z-
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
As much as I would love for these to happen, he's made about as many false album promises as Wu-Tang.

He was meant to have an album called Nasir entirely produced by himself in addition to the DJ-Premier one.

He made these claims after Street's Disciple was released...

claaa7
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
true but on a side-note Nas unreleased and b-side songs features enough masterpieces to compile 3 classic LP's.. anybody heard "The Second Coming" - that's gotta be a Primo beat right!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Preemo joint? Please yes.

cap
07-21-2008, 03:44 PM
fuck nas for getting my hopes up

fuck 'em

Rame
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Someone told me Jay-Z's next album would be all Primo. My heart skipped a beat.

Not seeing that happen though.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
^^ it's not the first time Nas have said these things.. it happens time and time again, don't get your hopes up just yet man!

basically believe when it materializes

Suga Duga
07-21-2008, 04:53 PM
would be dope, but he says too much of that kinda stuff, so its hard to believe

11th Chamber
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
hhahahaha. Thank u Nas for giving me my first good laugh today..

Dre would never do an all Nas album. Plus, if he were to do somthin like that, its already announced that Snoop would get the honors

Premo SHOULD do an all Nas album, but I dont see that happening either

shystar36
07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
nas needs someone thats still hungry. do an album with 9th wonder. you know 9th would create his hottest tracks ever for a nas album. 9th remixed the godsun album. he made tracks i didn't like sound nice as hell

SCMC8
07-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Whole album from Dre, when 10 years from now? That will never happen, the Premo thing seems somewhat possible but Nas has been saying this for years.

GhettoGnom
07-21-2008, 07:19 PM
basically believe when it materializes

Yeah.......

derek41
07-22-2008, 08:42 AM
I have been waiting for that Nas/Premo joint for ages now. Dre/Nas would be wack, considering Dre's beats bore the fuck out of me nowadays.

Rame
07-22-2008, 01:08 PM
^ Word.

One and Only
07-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Someone told me Jay-Z's next album would be all Primo. My heart skipped a beat.

Not seeing that happen though.

Jay-Z's new album is supposed to be entirely Timbaland produced

SKANK HILL
07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
LOL an all dre produced nas cd? ... put it next to detox and CL2 ...

primo on the other hand would have the recipe to surpass illmatic IF he did it right and did lik 10/12 tracks

HANZO
07-24-2008, 02:13 PM
lets jus wait and see, i can see a primo doing it. but Dre i highly doubt.

Edgar Erebus
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Dre producing a whole album... for Nas? How many tracks did he do with Nas anyway? I can recall only eleven of them in a twelve-year period. Nas is gonna keep a bit more connection with reality.

As for Premo, I can see him producing the bulk of the album (as he did for Xtina) - but I'm sure we would be disappointed. Premo just ain't what he used to be.

But a Nas album produced by Just Blaze - that would be some shit.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-24-2008, 04:12 PM
But a Nas album produced by Just Blaze - that would be some shit.

Well yeah this, or Bronze Nazareth. I know, I'm dreaming..

Chief 'Broom
07-24-2008, 06:33 PM
^^Wu-International interview with Bronze from '06

Wu-International: You have produced for numerous artists, within the Wu and outside, Are they any artists you have not worked with Wu-tang or not that you would like to work with?
http://www.wu-international.com/images/Others/rza_n_bronze.jpg Bronze: yeah Im still waiting to get joints wit a lot of Wu like Ghostface, Deck, Rae, U God, Meth. I want to do a joint with as many fam as I can. As far as outside Wu? I like cats like G. Rap, Saigon, Ras, Nas, Jay, Mos Def, Flat Stanley etc etc. but I'd like to do some out the box type shit. For example I'd love do a whole album with Ice Cube and take it back to his street/political, Death Certificate sound. Or I'd like to do something like a whole album for Mos Def, or a Soul album with Tweet or something over crazy beats. I just know I could make something crazy brilliant.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-24-2008, 06:56 PM
^^^^^yeah but a whole album, like 10 beats from bronze? nah, won't happen, ever. sadly tho

Second Coming
07-24-2008, 08:16 PM
true but on a side-note Nas unreleased and b-side songs features enough masterpieces to compile 3 classic LP's.. anybody heard "The Second Coming" - that's gotta be a Primo beat right!

I had heard that "The Second Coming" was a Large Professor beat but I always thought it sounded like Primo.

As for the topic of this thread, let's just wait and see. I've still got the magazine cover from like 2-3 years ago where Primo and Nas are on the cover and in the article together talking about this album. I would love to hear it, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. I really hope I'm wrong though.

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-24-2008, 08:43 PM
lol ballshit

KLIION JENSEN
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM
i'm gonna get signed to Interscope, marry Rihanna, and have babies with Britney Spears before Nas drops this all Preemo album..

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-09-2010, 02:02 AM
u forgot to say bald babies with Britney

ALCATRAZ
02-09-2010, 02:09 AM
it seems to me that nas just gets high and releases dumb ass statements like this, only to flip the script and go the complete opposite route when he finally drops, well into the fourth quarter

i don't believe anything he says in interviews, nothin

Mai Wang Tu Phat
02-09-2010, 07:42 AM
He'll drop that Dre joint right after Dre drops Detox...

We'll be here a waiting a while...