PDA

View Full Version : Gang Starr

9th Chamber
07-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey everybody I just started getting into Gang Starr and was wondering if someone who's been listening to them for a while could recommend 15-20 songs that really represent them. Like a best of playlist until I have time to really dwelve into their discography. Props in advance!!

begongo
07-23-2008, 11:13 AM
MASS APPEAL
code of the streets
speak ya clout
soliloquy of chaos
the ownerz

SKANK HILL
07-23-2008, 12:02 PM
get the remix of full clip ... same beat and same guru verses but sticky fingaz spits at the end too

you should probably buy/download their Full Clip double cd ... pretty much is what you're looking for

Afficial_Nastee
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Above The Clouds for sure.

claaa7
07-23-2008, 12:11 PM
^^ co-sign, the "Full Clip" double album is crazy.. easily the best Greatest of album I've heard, plus besides all the classics it packed 3 new cuts and about 7-9 tracks previously only released on soundtracks.. here are some dope shit that represents all of there albums as well (GangStarr hasn't got a weak LP to there name):

Just to Get A Rep
Check The Technique
Jazz Thing
I'm The Man
Take it Personal
Speak Ya Clout
Mass Appeal
ALONGWAYTOGO
Code of The Streets
Words from The Nutcracker
You Know My Steez
Above The Clouds
The Militia
My Advice 2 You
Betrayal
In Memory Of..
All 4 Tha Cash
Full Clip
Werdz from The Ghetto Child
Capture (Militia pt.III)

SKANK HILL
07-23-2008, 12:17 PM
and full clip got some nice remix's too ... def worth a check ...

above the clouds beat is too crazy still gives me goosebumps

9th Chamber
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll check out Full Clip. By the way does anyone have the dj premier produced verbal threat - reality check?

Prolifical ENG
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM
You dont need a list of songs. You cant go wrong starting with any album from their discography.

There is an album Mass Appeal: The Best of Gangstarr....copy that playlist.

Edgar Erebus
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
^^ co-sign, the "Full Clip" double album is crazy.. easily the best Greatest of album I've heard, plus besides all the classics it packed 3 new cuts and about 7-9 tracks previously only released on soundtracks.. here are some dope shit that represents all of there albums as well (GangStarr hasn't got a weak LP to there name):

Just to Get A Rep
Check The Technique
Jazz Thing
I'm The Man
Take it Personal
Speak Ya Clout
Mass Appeal
ALONGWAYTOGO
Code of The Streets
Words from The Nutcracker
You Know My Steez
Above The Clouds
The Militia
My Advice 2 You
Betrayal
In Memory Of..
All 4 Tha Cash
Full Clip
Werdz from The Ghetto Child
Capture (Militia pt.III)

I ain't seen DWYCK on that list.

I see that song as best starting point.

OTB
07-23-2008, 09:54 PM
off top-

tons of gunz
just to get a rep
royalty
JFK 2 LAX
full clip
you know my steez

JFK 2 LAX waznt posted yet, and its bangin.
essential, if you ask me-

peace 9th-

9th Chamber
07-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Picked up Full Clip today and can't stop bangin' it!!! I've played it home, ripped it in my ipod for work and blasted it in my whip...sounds awesome!!! I'm hooked on GangStarr. Only took it out to listen to Gza - Alphabet (which is also bangin'...looking forward to Pro Tools)!!

Thought I'd ask one last time too...Can anyone up Verbal Threat - Reality Check?