PDA

View Full Version : Dre says "Detox" is as good as finnished (+ Nas, Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne)..

claaa7
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
article from usatoday.com:

The wait for Detox is almost over. Dr. Dre says his long-anticipated third solo album is starting to take shape in the studio and could arrive before the end of the year.

"I'm just now over the last couple of months starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it," says Dr. Dre (aka Andre Young). "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release."

If that happens, it will come nine years after his six-times-platinum 2001, which was itself a long-awaited follow-up to his revered 1992 debut, The Chronic That album's bass-fueled G Funk sound dominated rap for years and propelled Snoop Dogg to superstardom. Both albums raised the bar for hip-hop production values.

"I've never set out to do that," says Dre, 43. "I just make the music feel the way I want it to feel and I don't put it out until I'm totally happy with it. Then it does what it does."

Expectations for the album are high, thanks to Dre's pedigree and perfectionist reputation, says Chuck Creekmur, co-founder of the music news site allhiphop.com.

"He's a master of crafting a complete album, which is rare these days with everything being singles-driven," Creekmur says. "We've been waiting on this almost a decade, and that ridiculous level of anticipation will translate saleswise. It would be on par with Lil Wayne (whose Tha Carter III recently sold 1 million copies its first week out), if not more."

Detox has been the subject of speculation since Dre first hinted at the project in 2002. He has been working on the album, which will be released on his Aftermath/Interscope Records label, on and off for four years. He says he has assembled a new crew of musicians, and the beats will be heavily driven by live drums. "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that." All "the usual suspects" will make guest appearances, including Nas, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne.

As long as the wait for the upcoming album has been, Dre says it'll be even longer before there's another one. "I'm going to put this record out, promote it, tour and then become a hermit. I'm going to stay in the studio and produce."

But he says he isn't interested in producing albums for established artists. Dre, who previously helped launch Eminem and 50 Cent, says his goal is to find who's next.

"All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person for a year and try to create another masterpiece."

SOURCE: http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2008-07-21-drdre-detox_N.htm?csp=34

Rame
07-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Get Lil Wayne of the album, you idiot!

11th Chamber
07-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Im just wondering if both 50 and Game are gonna be on the album.

I know that both of them already recorded there verses, just gotta see what Dre uses..

Also seems like Bishop Lamont is gonna play the role of Hittman on this album..

iammzac
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I wish wayne, jay-z and nas weren't on this.. wheres the west coast?

junius
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
This article is ** BULLSHIT **. Andre is just talking now to promote his stupid fucking headphones. Dre is a steroid poisoned asshole (Joell Ortiz anyone?) but he's not dumb, and he's used to playing niggas; now add USA Today to the list.

I'll bet 100 pairs Andre Young Headphones this shit doesn't come out in 2008; takers?

DrUnK-N-MuNkY
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
weezy..........

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM

exactly

SaqurakiHanamichi
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
I wish wayne, jay-z and nas weren't on this.. wheres the west coast?

u wish jayz wasent on this ? are u fuken stupid

Mr. X
07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
no way this cd is coming out in 2008

derek41
07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm not hyped by this no matter when it comes out. Dre has been boring for some time now. Chronic 2001 was way overrated. His beats just aren't what they used to be.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 04:18 PM

YOU LOSE HATER!! hahahhahahaaa

Wayne's taking over the world, you better get used to it or go listen to another genre or something.

P-Noid Brown
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
whatever.... i dont even care no more.

staliondan23
07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Lil Wayne, Nas, and Jay-z over Dre beats?

Sounds good to me!

Looks like once again he's gonna take hip hop production to another level just like he did with Chronic 2001.

And for all of you that say this should be a strictly west coast album...what about Eminem? He ain't from the west coast and he spit FIREEE on Chronic 2001

Rame
07-23-2008, 04:40 PM

Wayne's taking over the world, you better get used to it or go listen to another genre or something.

No way.

He's a hype.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM

he still sucks cracker balls

Mr. X
07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
No way.

He's a hype.
co-sign

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 05:59 PM
No way.

He's a hype.

Yeah!

So I'm not sure if you mean Saigon or Papoose hype, because they are hype, meanwhile Wayne is

2million Carter III CD's of Hype!! 2 solo albums selling over 1mil of Hype!

Full of critical acclaim hype!!

Every major artist sucking his balls to work with him hype!!

Mad following in the streets of hype!!

Has hundreds of thrownaway free tracks that are better than most rappers albums of hype!!!

Has every rapper in the industry trying to get their piece of his fame by jumping on a Millie hype!!

Created a new flow!!! Hype!!

Get used to the Hype!

Edgar Erebus
07-23-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm actually not expecting Detox so hard... If it dropped in 2005 I'd love it, but Dre switched up whole style since and I don't like it. Anyway, we'll see, maybe I'll be surprised in the end.

Ghostlaced, stop trying to suck Weezy's dick. He's into Birdman anyway.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
But I heard his dick was hype.

Ritter
07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Sheesh ghostlaced.... judging skills with sales... fuck that.

Edgar Erebus
07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
But I heard his dick was hype.It's reserved.

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM

youre a dick rider tho...

i like wayne but he is a good/decent at best...thats it, his lyrics are also pretty mediocre

hes extremely overated and he has made some wack music. Lollipop is straight up trash. Thats not hip hop and theres no excuse for that bullshit.

in more relevance to this thread its good to hear the album is that much closer

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I guess Dr Dre, Outkast, Jay Z etc are all dickriders too.

If a dickrider is someone who likes another persons music, and will rep it when its hated on, then yeah, thats me i guess.

Edgar Erebus
07-23-2008, 06:42 PM

That was dickrider's vocabulary.

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
I guess Dr Dre, Outkast, Jay Z etc are all dickriders too.

If a dickrider is someone who likes another persons music, and will rep it when its hated on, then yeah, thats me i guess.

Allow me to repeat myself

I said I like Wayne. But you act like hes the best thing ever...I've witnessed this in multiple threads. Hes decent at best and his lyrics are mediocre sometimes even completely wack.

Hes overrated and theres 378432987432987432987432 other mcs out there that are better

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 07:05 PM
And another thing you may want to consider is alot of artists just work with him because hes whats currently popular...

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 07:11 PM
That was dickrider's vocabulary.

So what else do you call someone who doesnt like the fact a nigga from Hollygrove N.O has made it and just sold 2mil CD's, doubling Usher who released in the same week?

Theres only one word for it. Hater.

If Wayne rapped the same but sold 5,000 copies of his album and had lyrics about the phaerohs and stained glass windows, you would love him.

Edgar Erebus
07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
No I wouldn't. He has a fucked up flow.

But seriously, only dickriders call everyone who disagrees with 'em a hater. Only dickriders write that anyone who don't like their pick of music need to change genre. Think about it.

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
In response to Ghostlaced:

I don't like the pop aspect of some of his music and I find his lyrics ranging from decent to mediocre to crap. Thats the only problem I have with him. Hes got some good songs, but also alot of bad ones. And you need to get off that sales bullshit cuz it doesn't mean anything. I dont hate him, I like him. I just hate how damn overrated people make him out to be and how much attention he gets when theres so many more talented artists out there that don't get to shine like that.

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 07:24 PM
No I wouldn't. He has a fucked up flow.

But seriously, only dickriders call everyone who disagrees with 'em a hater. Only dickriders write that anyone who don't like their pick of music need to change genre. Think about it.

I can partially agree with that. Sometimes he flows well, sometimes its horribly off time and awkwardly annoying

Edit: Sometimes he flows well enough* Still nothing special

cap
07-23-2008, 07:25 PM
fuck dre for putting wayne on one of the most highly anticipated albums ever!!
we need some timeless shit,not a guy who's hot right now but wont mean shit in the big picture...

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
fuck dre for putting wayne on one of the most highly anticipated albums ever!!
we need some timeless shit,not a guy who's hot right now but wont mean shit in the big picture...

You make a strong point

VZA
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Dre is one of the most overrated hiphop artists ever.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
^lol Wayne been putting in the work for 15 years, FIFTEEN! And hes only 25. Hes not just popped up outta no where, this is hard work g. tbh, if there was one rapper out there now who you would look to to rely on giving you some timeless shit, its Weezy F.

idk how anyone can say sales dont matter. Nas just did 182k in his first week. Weezy did 1.1mil in his first week. Sales matter. The nation has spoken. They choose Weezy for rap president.

weezy got ill flow. even clipse said in their diss record "lil nigga flow/but his metaphors boring/dont make me have to kill baby like abortion/"

vryone knows he got flow. In fact he got the best flow around like he says himself:

"like a circle of knives, i got the sharpest flow around"

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
what you guys are gonna realise is that Weezys style of rap/flow is gonna be copied again and again from now on, just like Jay Z's "whisper" style was

TheWolf
07-23-2008, 07:37 PM
The nation has spoken. They choose Weezy for rap president.

The nation also choose Bush as it's real president.....

Anyway, Detox is probably gonna be shite.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 07:49 PM
No, Bush chose Bush to be president. Didnt u know about Florida?

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM
^lol Wayne been putting in the work for 15 years, FIFTEEN! And hes only 25. Hes not just popped up outta no where, this is hard work g. tbh, if there was one rapper out there now who you would look to to rely on giving you some timeless shit, its Weezy F.

idk how anyone can say sales dont matter. Nas just did 182k in his first week. Weezy did 1.1mil in his first week. Sales matter. The nation has spoken. They choose Weezy for rap president.

weezy got ill flow. even clipse said in their diss record "lil nigga flow/but his metaphors boring/dont make me have to kill baby like abortion/"

vryone knows he got flow. In fact he got the best flow around like he says himself:

um no he doesnt have the best flow around you are severely wrong about that.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Flow's good enough for 2mil sales though.

"Weezy F U, now you gotta have a baby"

TGambino
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
everyone hates on dre...then he drops an album...everyone shuts up

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 08:07 PM
In Response to Ghostlaced:

whatever you say

http://unscarred.co.uk/images/tool.jpg

http://www.travel-destination-pictures.com/data/media/67/cute-sheep_1008.jpg

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 08:31 PM

yup

and

everyone hates on Lil wayne.....then he drops an album.......and sells 2mil....

Mr. X
07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
2mil 2mil 2mil 2mil 2mil

Guarded By Martyrs
07-23-2008, 09:03 PM

Wow...a co-sign !!!!!!

Lil' Wayne is complete and utter shit though.

Afficial_Nastee
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
whatever.... i dont even care no more.

Co-sign

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Funny thread.

Ghostlaced - Britney has sold tens of millions of records. The people have spoken. They said "We're really fuckin stupid".

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
07-23-2008, 09:54 PM

co sign

derek41
07-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Funny thread.

Ghostlaced - Britney has sold tens of millions of records. The people have spoken. They said "We're really fuckin stupid".

This country is full of sheep and morons. No wonder Mc Hammer sold millions of records too, and sorry Ghostlaced, but gimmicky shit sells. I won't spend my money on trash, so I won't be purchasing any of his garbage. You love him and that's great, maybe you can felate him after one of his shows, I'm sure his boyfriend Baby would love to watch that. Oh, and you are a dickrider. Every time someone says anything about your boy you quickly jump to his defense.
Dre is just as weak for thinking this album is going to have the same effect as the Chronic. I loved the Chronic, like the Aftermath album, fell asleep during the Chronic 2001 and I am really not to intrested in this new SHIT.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
07-24-2008, 01:10 AM

agrreeed:Y

Come Honor Face
07-24-2008, 01:19 AM
u wish jayz wasent on this ? are u fuken stupid

Jay-Z is a sellout piece of garbage waste of talent. Are u stupid?

Paranoid
07-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Jay-Z is a sellout piece of garbage waste of talent. Are u stupid?

Jay-Z is talented

11th Chamber
07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Jay-Z is talented

True

I honestly dont care for the dude that much, but to say he doesnt deserve ONE VERSE on the album is stupid

Wayne really doesnt need to be on this tho

11th Chamber
07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Dre is one of the most overrated hiphop artists ever.

he's not an overrated artist, cause no one has ever said he was great on the mic

He IS one of the best producers ever tho

Paranoid
07-24-2008, 02:25 PM
i dont mind seeing nas and jay on it no problems there, lil wayne is gonna have to really focus and put in some real work if im gonna be able to tolerate him on a dre album

if its good i cant complain, but if he fails its gonna do alot of damage and piss alot of people off

and yes i would prefer to see him off the album and more west coast artists.

Edgar Erebus
07-24-2008, 03:16 PM
As for West Coast, "Some L.A. Niggaz II" would perfectly do for me, as Dre ain't produced shit for a West Coast rapper since Documentary.

Lil Wayne is almost certain to be on there; nowadays it's damn hard to find any bigger-budget album without Lil Wayne. But he'd really better come with "Sky's the Limit" and not "Barry Bonds", in order to add up to an album and not ruin it.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-24-2008, 03:56 PM
^lol @ "he better not ruin it". nerdwords.

You cant have a classic album come out now unless it has Wayne on it, you should know that. How you gonna try and make a classic rap record without the greatest rapper alive?

Edgar Erebus
07-24-2008, 05:05 PM
^lol @ "classic rap record". dickriderwords.

You can't say something is a classic before time proved its quality, you should know that.
How you gonna call something a classic less than two months after its release?

Suga Duga
07-24-2008, 05:56 PM

"little nigga flow but his metaphors borin'
dont make me turn daddys little girl to orphan
that'd mean i'd have to kill baby like abortion"

that's what he really said. ethered wayne. Pusha is a monster.

I'd like to see how you come back from that, ghostlaced. you gotta admit he's telling the truth.

11th Chamber
07-24-2008, 06:31 PM

You cant have a classic album come out now unless it has Wayne on it, you should know that. How you gonna try and make a classic rap record without the greatest rapper alive?

speaking of ruining stuff, Wayne just nearly ruined one of the best tracks I heard this year...I cant stand this guy AT ALL right now

Suga Duga
07-24-2008, 06:40 PM
speaking of ruining stuff, Wayne just nearly ruined one of the best tracks I heard this year...I cant stand this guy AT ALL right now

which one?

Reiko
07-24-2008, 06:45 PM
which one?

The Game - My Life

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-24-2008, 06:52 PM
The Game - My Life

http://www.zshare.net/audio/15902041273c6a9e/

Wow Wayne takes this track to the other level. U cant deny it now.

I got one question to all you Weezy non believers:

When did you any hear anybody sound like him? When did you ever before hear someone flow like on A Millie? 3PeaT?

Whether you like him or not, you cant deny he is totally different to anything heard before.

11th Chamber
07-24-2008, 06:55 PM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/15902041273c6a9e/

Wow Wayne takes this track to the other level. U cant deny it now.

No.

He nearly ruins the track with the hook with that gay fucking voice.

Stop talking about 3peat or A Milli or Carter III, that has nothin to do with this track

Game murdered this shit, Wayne throws it off

Edgar Erebus
07-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Awwwww.... W-Pain.

TheWolf
07-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Forget little Wayne, I bet Detox has that other really wack MC on there, shit, what's his name again...he was on The Chronic and 2001, what was his name. Oh yeah, that's it, DR Dre

ALCATRAZ
07-24-2008, 07:16 PM
i lost interest in detox about 5 years ago... who gives a fuck...especially if waynes gonna b on it

Mr. X
07-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Right where Wayne should be. On hooks. When and why did that voice tweaking thing become cool?

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Cool & Dre >> Dr Dre

currently

Paranoid
07-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Shut the fuck up you ride so much dick

Paranoid
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
And his second verse on A Millie had a garbage awkward flow

5thlion
07-24-2008, 10:48 PM

haha yo this guy is funny
lol

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-24-2008, 10:51 PM
haha yo this guy is funny
lol

he is serious tho, so u gotta say he is an idiot too

serious funny idiot.

5thlion
07-24-2008, 11:19 PM
he is serious tho, so u gotta say he is an idiot too

serious funny idiot.

wait he is serious? i thought he was just sayin shit like that to rile people up wow just wow lol. hhaha he gonna come out on youtube with make up cryin on some leave weezy alone!!

sarr
07-24-2008, 11:26 PM
wayne is actually pretty good..i used to hate too until i heard CIII..was uprised. Then went and got his earlier work which was hot too..and the mixtape joints were good.

He isnt "the best rapper alive" (btw, that song is amazing)...but he is different, which is what people want i guess

anyway, I been waiting for DetoX for so long, the hype has fizzld. I think when it does drop though, its gona be huge. Hopefully its atleast half as good as chronic 2001, ill be a happy man if thats the case

Nas_Lupe
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
lil wayne's one SINGLE track or verse or watver will FUCK up the whole album.