PDA

View Full Version : Madvillainy 2: The Box; The Villian gets Remixed

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Madvillainy 2: The Box

http://www.stonesthrow.com/uploads/news/8ac7ec396dc6cfe975425fd715dcc989.jpg

www.stonesthrow.com exclusive

Stones Throw

July 23, 2008 CD Madvillainy “2” The Madlib Remix. 25 tracks. Read more below.
7-INCH “One Beer (Drunk Version)” Madlib's original 2004 version, lost until recently on the floor of his Bomb Shelter studio. If you saw the studio you'd understand.
CASSETTE The Madvillainy Demo Tape. 12 tracks, 36 minutes. This is the first and only official release of the infamous Madvillain demo that “leaked into cyberspace,” while the album was still in progress, as DOOM alludes to in the lyrics of “Rhinestone Cowboy.”
T-SHIRT Nominated. Best Rolled L's. Madvillain shirt.
COMIC BOOK Meanwhile... the continuation of the All Caps video, included with the CD.
THE BOX 12x13x3 inches. Wrapped in silver like a mask.

$124.99 plus shipping - click here (http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/box-set/madvillain/the-box)
Pre-order: until August 15th
Ship date: September 15th

Madvillainy 2: The Box

Some might say its sacrilege to revisit a classic album like Madvillainy. You know, like George Lucas messing around with Star Wars and digitally inserting Jabba The Hut rapping with Han Solo. But Madlib’s never been one to respect convention - and he made this one for headphone listening while on a ten-hour plane ride to Tokyo. But this reworking (we hate to say remix) was so good that, after we sat with it for a while, we decided that we had to make it available.

Yeah, we’re waiting for the new Madvillain too. Every once in a while we hear from DOOM, and he tells us he’s getting closer. Madlib still sends him beat CDs. DOOM always remembers our birthdays. But, we don’t have the sequel, and we know every nuance of Madvillainy. So we’ve been bumping this album while we’re patiently waiting. And it’s been good. Like visiting with a friend who you haven’t seen in years and remembering why you were friends to begin with.

So now you get a chance to get in on it too.

This album will only be available through our website - we just launched our own store. You know, cut out the middleman, fuck the establishment.... That type of vibe. So here we are, saying: “We’ve got something special. And we’re going to sell it to you in a big ass box full of cool ass shit that you won’t be able to get anywhere else.”

We’re manufacturing based on pre-orders. If you order it, you’re guaranteed to get one. If you decide to wait, well, you might not. These things are difficult and expensive to make. That’s why we’re selling them for a lot of money. And you’ve noticed the ship date right? They’re going to take a while to manufacture. So you’ll have to wait a little while. We’ll do everything we can to beat that ship date, but that’s a guaranteed date. If we don’t ship on September 15th, Peanut Butter Wolf will DJ at your house for you. Any day except Tuesday.

Madvillainy “2” The Box
$124.99 plus shipping (http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/box-set/madvillain/the-box)
Pre-order: until August 15th
Ship date: September 15th

Madvillainy “2” The Madlib Remix
$9.99 MP3 Album (http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/album/madvillain/madvillainy-2-the-madlib-remix)
Album-only, digital version

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Shameful money grabbing. Calling it Madviallny 2 makes this whole thing even worse.

The way they talk about the second madvillain really fills me with NO confidence. Its as if no one who matters really gives a shit about the album. Madlib "sending" beats? What happened to making albums together, in the studio?

11th Chamber
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Holy shit thats expensive. Gonna have to pass on it. I dont even own a cassette player

Yeah, we’re waiting for the new Madvillain too. Every once in a while we hear from DOOM, and he tells us he’s getting closer. Madlib still sends him beat CDs. ]

thats not what I wanted to hear. On the first one, the two of them were together in the studio and when DOOM was writing, etc. So the chemistry was for sure there.

Now it sounds likes some Wu-Tang e-mail verse shit. ehhh...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Holy shit thats expensive. Gonna have to pass on it. I dont even own a cassette player

thats not what I wanted to hear. On the first one, the two of them were together in the studio and when DOOM was writing, etc. So the chemistry was for sure there.

Now it sounds likes some Wu-Tang e-mail verse shit. ehhh...

it's the remixes check the The Villian get's Remixed

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
CASSETTE The Madvillainy Demo Tape. 12 tracks, 36 minutes. This is the first and only official release of the infamous Madvillain demo that “leaked into cyberspace,” while the album was still in progress, as DOOM alludes to in the lyrics of “Rhinestone Cowboy.”

does anyone have a link to this? i always heard about it being leaked but never actually saw it on the web.

INF
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
i would like that demo as well.......

pm box fuck a m2 box

claaa7
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
that's a cool fucking box that would be dope to get my hands on but that price is really unreasonable.. but I do wanna hear both the remix album and the demo tape..

Memory Man
07-23-2008, 05:34 PM
the demo is far superior to the album, although it has fewer songs. i wish they were doing vinyl... i would cop the remixes and the demo if they were on wax. not at that price, though.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Its actually not unreasonable price. when you consider allt he things that are inside it, t shirt, cd, demo tape, comic book, limited edition etc. if you added all the things up its about right.

Paranoid
07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
nice package, wouldnt spend that much on it tho

OTB
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
what the blood clot yo-
fu-k outa here hunid n twenty five bucks

i love madvillain
but yo, good luck stones throw

a damn box and sh-t

Orion Nebulus
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Lmao@ the price. I'm a big Doom fan but damn that's kind of high.

Storm
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
http://2dopeboyz.com/2008/07/23/madvillainy-2-the-madlib-remix-snippets/

Mr. X
07-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Someone PM me a link to that leaked demo also.

Storm
07-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Look at my link.

Mic Tyson
07-27-2008, 11:56 PM
so u tellin me THIS is madvillainy 2? a remix of the first one? the album i been waitin for for almost 3 years?

Storm
07-28-2008, 12:36 AM
There's like 2 or 3 songs remixed, everything else isn't from the first.

Mic Tyson
07-28-2008, 01:13 AM
good. i might end up buyin that shit then even tho it cost too damn much

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-28-2008, 01:27 AM
good. i might end up buyin that shit then even tho it cost too damn much

yeah maybe

Mic Tyson
07-28-2008, 01:28 AM
will they be sellin the album by itself sept. 15 too?

Vikthor
08-11-2008, 01:27 AM
so anybody heard this yet? the remix album.... its pretty coo about only 5 tracks are 5 star though...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-11-2008, 01:36 AM
so anybody heard this yet? the remix album.... its pretty coo about only 5 tracks are 5 star though...

yeah i have it on my ipod it's pretty dope

tical2000
08-11-2008, 02:57 AM
is this what hip hop has come to in 2008, recyceling old albums which were good.....

.....I am almost done with hip-hop music

FasterBlade
08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
not sure why they chose to call this '2', as far as i know theres still supposed to be a real sequal. Madlib's been ready for it but Doom hasnt finished his vocals

whats up with Doom anyway? he went from flooding the market to not even recording. ever since he got exposed at his live shows its like he fell apart