PDA

View Full Version : Southern Artists !!!

Shaolin Bloody Sword
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I have been wondering! Are there any other Southern artists as dope as "Cunninlynguists'? To me the have 2 classic album "Will Rap for food" & "Dirty Acres". Kno is a very underrated producer with crazy beats. His production takes you miles away ! Imagine "Common" on his production?

I was once an "Oukast" fan, before they turned into circus clowns. Does anybody know any other Southern artists that is dope. I don't wanna see shit like Bun B, Nelly, Rick Ross & so on.... I'm talking about artists with skills and good production.

spiggity_ace
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
i posted a thread like this, you should check 8ball and mjg, 3 6 mafia, scarface, ludacris, and some of the dungeon fam, how can u say outkast turned into circus clowns, is that cuz of that vid with killer mike. Anyways, theyre still dope tho the south is extreeeemely limited in talent, i think the guys i mentioned and cunninlynguists are the only good artists, unless im forgetting someone

TSA
07-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Nelly isn't from he south
I liked the first Nappy Roots album, check it out

Paranoid
07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
I have been wondering! Are there any other Southern artists as dope as "Cunninlynguists'? To me the have 2 classic album "Will Rap for food" & "Dirty Acres". Kno is a ver underrated producer with crazy beats. His production takes you miles away ! Imagine "Common" on his production?

I was once an "Oukast" fan, before they turned into circus clowns. Does anybody know any other Southern artists that is dope. I don't wanna see shit like Bun B, Nelly, Rick Ross & so on.... I'm talking about artists with skills and good production.

did you just say Bun B has no skills?

youre severely mistaken

Mic Tyson
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Little Brother, shit most rappers in the Hall of Justus.

SickT
07-25-2008, 04:47 PM
UGK, Young Buck, Ludacris, Little Brother, Supastition, Chamillionaire, 8 Ball & MJG, Outkast, Killer Mike, Geto Boys, Scarface, Willie D........ There's lots of talent in the south.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-25-2008, 05:00 PM

See this is whats wrong with you clowns when you talk about the south. You have no idea about it. As if youre gonna diss a fucking living legend like Bun B like that. Shame on you kid.

South has alot, ALOT more talented rappers than the East right now. The south rappers are inventing new styles like on the daily down their.

CharlesJones
08-02-2008, 02:01 PM
LOL@threadstarter called Outkast circus clowns hahahahahahahahahaha. Glad to see somebody agrees with me that Outkast is weird. I used to like them too but i stopped liking them after their first album. Geto Boys, Ludacris, 8Ball and MJG, Goodie Mob, Juvenile, BG are the best southern artists to me.

Suga Duga
08-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I was once an "Oukast" fan, before they turned into circus clowns.

seriously, shut the fuck up. they are the illest duo ever in hip-hop, blessing every single album with an unique style and atmosphere. fuckin faggot, talkin about the goats like that.

LOL@threadstarter called Outkast circus clowns hahahahahahahahahaha. Glad to see somebody agrees with me that Outkast is weird. I used to like them too but i stopped liking them after their first album. Geto Boys, Ludacris, 8Ball and MJG, Goodie Mob, Juvenile, BG are the best southern artists to me.

lmao. yet another fag with no musical knowledge at all. "stopped liking them after their first album" - u on crack?

CharlesJones
08-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Fuck Outkast and Andre's faggot ass LOL.

Ritter
08-02-2008, 02:25 PM
OK... first things first.

OutKast is the best duo ever in hip hop, and one of the best groups overall in hip hop history. Just look at their albums, and tell me have you ever seen a more versatile group anywhere in music?

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik - A classic southern album, with that gritty jazzy sound, with great tracks, with no real skippables, with all time classics on it

ATLiens - An all time hip hop classic, and one of the best 5 albums ever. You have more relaxed beat, and lyrics on a whole nother level... great cuts like 13th Floor, E.T., ATLiens, Jazzy Belle... all 10/10 tracks... with a few to none skippables.

Aquemini - Another classic/near-classic here with funky sound and a whole new OutKast, which turned out to be real good.

Stankonia - A great album which contains all sorts of topics - politics (B.O.B.), having a good time (So Fresh So Clean), love (Ms Jackson), dissin/lovin hoes (We Luv Deez Hoez), that hood tracks that just makes you feel good (Gangsta Shit)... an all around banger

Speakerboxxx - This is a real jazzy album, one of Big Boi's best work is here, and OutKast in general. How can you say Flip Flop Rock isn't a classic? That has classic written all over it

The Love Below - Not a hip hop, but a musical masterpiece, just another proof that OutKast is one of the most, if not thee most, versatile group ever. Everything they try turns out to be good. The evolution is unmatched.

Idlewild - This goes back to that early 20th Century theme, when ragtime was in the focus. Another proof of versatility.

Latest work - Royal Flush, Art Of Storytellin... bangers, absolute bangers, which just shows that Andre can still rap as he could 15 years ago, maybe even better, Big Boi still has that sick flow and wordplay.... consistency written all over this group.

I mean, how can anyone dare call OutKast clowns? Clowns? That shit is class, tell me another hip hop act that has the right to do that?

That's called trademark son, and that's a real nice trademark. Clowns...

Smh... get outta here... you clowns.

6 Chambaz
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
OutKast is the best duo ever in hip hop
Gang Starr, anyone ? Mobb Deep ? Eric B & Rakim ?

ATLiens was pure crack for my ears, but I didn't like the whole feel of Aquemini, Stankonia, Speakerrboxx, and to be honest I think Southernplaya.... is quite average. No, theyre not clowns, but I don't think there anywhere near best duo. Best from the south tho' along with Scarface and Luda, no doubt

Suga Duga
08-02-2008, 02:35 PM

ATLiens was pure crack for my ears, but I didn't like the whole feel of Aquemini, Stankonia, Speakerrboxx, and to be honest I think Southernplaya.... is quite average. No, theyre not clowns, but I don't think there anywhere near best duo. Best from the south tho' along with Scarface and Luda, no doubt

outkast = best duo ever. face it.

6 Chambaz
08-02-2008, 02:40 PM
outkast = best duo ever. face it.It's all opinions, my friend. face it

Ritter
08-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I agree with both GFX and 6 times 6...

They are the best duo ever, but it's all a matter of taste. There are some cats that think OutKast are clowns.

Smh, what losers.

Edgar Erebus
08-02-2008, 03:06 PM

OutKast - Extremely good, extremely artistic, extremely experimental, extremenly intelligent, extemely open-minded duo, and very much one of the best duos ever in any genre. That's a period.

Gang Starr - Also extremely good, artistic and intelligent, but without as much experimentality and open-mindness in their latter career (they've been successfully experimental in 1991-1992 period, before and after they were conservative hardcore rap group).

Eric B. & Rakim - Rakim is Rakim, I can't add nothing more to it. Eric B. is just a businessman getting rich off other people's beats. And they disbanded too quickly to have as impressive catalogue as above-mentioned groups.

Mobb Deep - Just an above-average thug rap group that had this fluke to make an excellent album and an excellent follow-up in the same vibe before falling back again on above-average, and pretty quickly on under-average level.

6 Chambaz
08-02-2008, 03:09 PM
OutKast - extremely experimental.

Yep. That's probably why I'm not a big fan of them... Just like Common in his Electric Circus period

Edgar Erebus
08-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh well, okay... It's a matter of taste, but you must acknowledge that experimentality is a major part of greatness, 'cause, you know, because of experimental ones music makes progress.