PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say thanks WU ~!

Andrew008
08-24-2005, 02:05 PM
I've been slackin on getting into this site , but ive been buzy as all hell ... But , I wanted to send a special shout out too the Wu for all the bangin tracks ive been listenin too ... I'm a jazz bassist for about 23 years now .. All my friends are into the jazz scene but all I listen too is hip hop ... The Wu have inspired me to learn new things and have a different outlook on music in general ... As a kid I always watched TNT kung fu movies , and its soo kick ass to listen to tracks and hear soundbites of the oldschool movies I watched back in the dayz .. Keep that shit up guys and never break up ! Wu music has always kept me going .. and for that I give much love !

Thx Wu
Boloz4life .... Ohio Bee ...

Wu-Tality
08-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Damn you started bass at 10? You must be crazy good now. Nice to see someone that knows alot about music be fan of the wu!

Prolifical ENG
08-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Listening to Ron Carter on the bass in A Tribe Called Quest - Verses form the Abstract is what got me more into Jazz.

But playing the bass for 23 years.....wow.

Inspectah_Dirk
08-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah i was just about to say that...since the age of 10? Then u must be a great player!
And nice indeed to see someone to love the Wu, and respectfully post that shit :)

Andrew008
08-24-2005, 02:22 PM
|) yeah , ive been playing in jazz clubs since i was 13 yrs old , I think the guy that got me hooked was Jaco Pastorious ... and there we some others , but I was into rap when rundmc , whodini , group like that were out ... but damn ... when i heard the wu back in the early 90's i was NEVER the same hehe ... I do alot of Wu tracks on my bass <7string> on solo gigs ... folks just look at me like im from outterspace lol .... I use a loopstation and a jam man ... i get some of the craziest sounds outta them ... I do a reallllllly kickass version of Bring the Rukus ... heheh

Andrew008
08-24-2005, 02:24 PM
I play in a jazz trio right now in Cinci Ohio called Da Lemmings Onsombol ... Were more less a jam band thing , yeah , the hippy ish ... but belive me , id rather be back in the studio layin down tracks on hip hop records heheh )

Inspectah_Dirk
08-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Can't you upload your version of Bring da Ruckus? ;) So when can listen to it? I would really like to hear it :)

Mark
08-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Nice topic and feel free to post more.

venex
08-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Can't you upload your version of Bring da Ruckus? ;) So when can listen to it? I would really like to hear it :)
co-sign,

peace!

INF
08-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I've been slackin on getting into this site , but ive been buzy as all hell ... But , I wanted to send a special shout out too the Wu for all the bangin tracks ive been listenin too ... I'm a jazz bassist for about 23 years now .. All my friends are into the jazz scene but all I listen too is hip hop ... The Wu have inspired me to learn new things and have a different outlook on music in general ... As a kid I always watched TNT kung fu movies , and its soo kick ass to listen to tracks and hear soundbites of the oldschool movies I watched back in the dayz .. Keep that shit up guys and never break up ! Wu music has always kept me going .. and for that I give much love !

Thx Wu
Boloz4life .... Ohio Bee ...
You ever hear that Stanley Clark and Les Claypool project? One.

Bedlam
08-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, lets hear some of your Wu bass tracks