PDA

View Full Version : How good do you think hip hop has been half way through 08?

The Hound
07-28-2008, 03:32 AM
well we're just over the half way mark of the year ... how do you rate the quality of hip hop so far this year? ...

IMO it's been better than what it has been ... really feelin reks - grey hairs ... fuck the haters too i'm feelin nas - untitled and after only 2 spins immortal technique's 3rd world is scratchin me where i itch ...

i haven't heard all of it but i listen to a few tracks off T.H.U.G. Anglez in the hip hop shop in the city and from what i heard shit was NUTS so i can't wait till i buy that ...

one joint i thought was dope that i haven't seen mentioned was tech n9ne - killer ... i suggest everyone go cop that shit!! ... quirky album cover too

then there's future releases ... ProTools, LAX, Raw Footage (i hope doesnt turn into disappointment of the year)

there's plenty of shit i haven't mentioned that hasn't been good or that has been good and it's slipped my mind ... but overall so far i think it's been pretty good year and with some highly anticipated releases for the rest of the year looks like it might be a strong year ... for the real hip hop anyway ...

thoughts ?

Ritter
07-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Real dope...

Reks, eMC, Killah Priest, the underground is bangin, Almighty, C of Tranquility, Rising Down... Digi Snax was cool. You got ProTools coming, BTSG2 coming. I just haven't been disappointed in anything this year.

sarr
07-28-2008, 04:06 AM
well lets see

hated rza's album
prodigy's album was decent...a lil above average. Although his "from the beast" mixtape was incredible
killah priests lp was sick...loved it
TOS by g-unit was hopeless
Lil waynes album was pretty fucken good, suprised me
Nas album was really good

i think Games album is gona be sick...i like all the material so far and he always delivers

i voted average...coulda been better

The Hound
07-28-2008, 04:13 AM
digi wack is the worst album of the year i've heard ... i'm glad i listened before considering buying it ... when you see an album in the bargain bin 2 weeks after it's release you gotta try before you by ... and i don't get on any G Unit shit so i don't give a shit about TOS and was never going to considering it and not suprises it sucked ass ...

overall i anticipate the year will end on a strong note and we can look back at 08 as a good year for hip hop ... here's hoping anyway

begongo
07-28-2008, 04:19 AM
I say it was dope so far

don't know if y'all see it but shit's gettin stronger than ever

Rame
07-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Stronger?

Nah, but Hiphop is doing very well.

I like what's been released so far.

claaa7
07-28-2008, 07:41 AM
nas
emc
thug angelz
almighty
brooklyn zu
the rza
killah priest
reks
gnarls barkley
immortal technique
the program
pete rock
k-def's instrumental
craig g/marley marl

...dope year so far and we still got gza, the game, jay-z, termanology and a few others coming!

JamSix
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah this year has been mad good to us, everyones pretty much already mentioned everything. Can't wait for LAX though.

RynMur
07-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Top 5 albums so far: Nas, Atmosphere, Immortal Technique, Blue Sky Black Death, The Roots.

edit: Still not rated Reks album. That may slip into the top 5.

TAURO
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I'ts been consistent i'll give it that but nothing has really amazed me so far.

Afficial_Nastee
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I'ts been consistent i'll give it that but nothing has really amazed me so far.

Co-sign, it could've been alotta betta.

Edgar Erebus
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it's been a good year. Definitely improvement from late '06/early '07, when I was basically thinking it was over for good. Finally we got rappers that get playful again and those who are down with kicking knowledge while staying relevant. Rappers that experiment with sounds and concepts, we have a nice old school diss track without youtube vid to accompany it, few older gods appeared again...

... and still we have a complete lack of classic material.