PDA

View Full Version : Dos anyone here actually think Lil Wayne is a good rapper?

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm not talking about his beats, production, etc...We're talking about his rap skills (ie. delivery, substance, synchonization, overall phatness.)

Do you believe Lil Wayne can rap?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/trey102/l_3bcf0406818b210c1e984fa3ce3377b0.jpg

begongo
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
anybody can rap

not anybody can emcee

Rame
07-28-2008, 01:41 PM
No.

Afficial_Nastee
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Naw he can't rap....

JamSix
07-28-2008, 02:10 PM
There is no denying the fact that the dude can rap, yall just hear his singles and judge his MCing skills on that. And that I cant blame you for, when your hearin tracks like Lollipop and then not fuckin with the rest of his catalogue then you will obviously say that he cant rap.

Put aside all personal beefs you have with him and just listen to these tracks.

Wq1o1qAqMG4

_xRVQVBBJ_k

Q7n6P2ge6kw

Edgar Erebus
07-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Okay, after few months of me listening to loads of Weezy mixtapes and trying to force myself into liking them, here's what I think about him.

DELIVERY: Awful. Really awful. Weezy has worst delivery I ever heard from a significant rapper. I'm not generally against raspy off-beat flow, I like Busta and ODB at their weirdest (even if it took a while to grow on me). But Weezy's flow can't even grow on me.

SUBSTANCE: That's his most puzzling thing. He can rap really nice punchlines, excellent concept tracks, get heartfelt and everything... Yet he usually confines himself to standard trash-talking. But okay, I can give him props for substance, has more of it than majority of "relevant" rappers.

LYRICISM:
I told my girl: "When you fuck me, better fuck me good,
cause if another girl could, she gon fuck me good"
No sittin at the table if you bringin' nothin' to it
and I get straight to it, like its nothin' to it

If my memory doesn't deceive me, we used to poke fun of rappers who were rhyming "word" with "word".

OVERALL PHATNESS: Dude needs to give up sizzurp.

Random_Person
07-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Rhymes are weak, I don't care bout the silly punchlines people rave about

Beats sound good in your ride if you got some subs(10/12 inch) in the trunk though

Ritter
07-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Okay, after few months of me listening to loads of Weezy mixtapes and trying to force myself into liking them, here's what I think about him.

DELIVERY: Awful. Really awful. Weezy has worst delivery I ever heard from a significant rapper. I'm not generally against raspy off-beat flow, I like Busta and ODB at their weirdest (even if it took a while to grow on me). But Weezy's flow can't even grow on me.

SUBSTANCE: That's his most puzzling thing. He can rap really nice punchlines, excellent concept tracks, get heartfelt and everything... Yet he usually confines himself to standard trash-talking. But okay, I can give him props for substance, has more of it than majority of "relevant" rappers.

LYRICISM:
I told my girl: "When you fuck me, better fuck me good,
cause if another girl could, she gon fuck me good"
No sittin at the table if you bringin' nothin' to it
and I get straight to it, like its nothin' to it

If my memory doesn't deceive me, we used to poke fun of rappers who were rhyming "word" with "word".

OVERALL PHATNESS: Dude needs to give up sizzurp.

I'll add

CHARISMA:

"Fuck bitches, fuck bitches, get money, fuck bitches"

In other words, none whatsoever.

11th Chamber
07-28-2008, 02:23 PM
like 2 years ago when he was putting out the Dedication mixtapes and Carter II he was pretty nice on the mic, but after hearing Carter III, I cant give him props anymore.

Paranoid
07-28-2008, 02:25 PM
There is no denying the fact that the dude can rap, yall just hear his singles and judge his MCing skills on that. And that I cant blame you for, when your hearin tracks like Lollipop and then not fuckin with the rest of his catalogue then you will obviously say that he cant rap.

Put aside all personal beefs you have with him and just listen to these tracks.

Wq1o1qAqMG4

_xRVQVBBJ_k

Q7n6P2ge6kw

the last song i always liked, its probably his best one. he has some stand out tracks. he can rap, but hes extremely overrated. hes decent at best ill say again. hes capable of flowing but sometimes his flow sucks. his lyrics tend to suck. i hate when he rhymes a word with the same word also, thats wack.

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Lil' Wayne makes U-God sound like the GZA.

JamSix
07-28-2008, 02:44 PM
the last song i always liked, its probably his best one. he has some stand out tracks. he can rap, but hes extremely overrated. hes decent at best ill say again. hes capable of flowing but sometimes his flow sucks. his lyrics tend to suck. i hate when he rhymes a word with the same word also, thats wack.

Yeah the word-for-word rhyme pattern emerged around the sizzurp/c3 era, thats why I dont really fucks with him nowadays, he fell of hard lyrically but I still stand by my vote (based on overall catalogue)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-28-2008, 04:10 PM

Yeah, man...Lil Wayne has too much weak material. I like like 12 songs from him.

He can't rap.

Paranoid
07-28-2008, 04:20 PM

yea but you also think that Mr. Sandman sucks so fuck you. and that statement was in no defense to lil wayne

>ThaGoldenChild<
07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
I've been trying to find a reason why people think Lil Wayne can rap since before "Fireman." He's released countless material since then and not any of it I was able to keep in my iTunes library.

I've seriously tried embracing Lil Wayne for the longest but I just can't.

DaddysHome
07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
No

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-29-2008, 05:42 AM
The funny thing about this is the people who are saying Wayne cant rap are all probabyl big fans of Killah Preist and Holocaust. You need to step out of your little bedroom world. Where you think you sit on your intelligence thrown, and you know what a rapper "should" sound like.

Wayne has the most charisma on the MIC since 2pac, which is the basic reason he has such a mad following.

For those who keep saying he is a "off beat rapper", youre so ignorant. Listen to this song, Wayne fucking rides about a dozen different beats (its a medley of classic beats) and switches his flow to match each one.

SJ9Kf9OrB8

Rasta dem king of da jungle
dreadlocks swing down my back like rapunzel
my breadrin sling dem pack in a bundle
weya take ya team sell em back to ya uncle

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-29-2008, 05:51 AM
all i know of my real pops is he had money
no a bank account
that brown paper bag money
yeah he might hit me off with a little brag money
but the nigga still wouldnt be a dad for me
but look how a turned out i hope ya glad for me
thats why when i see him I acts mad funny
cus he's a joke to me
dont message dont call dont talk to me
its just me and my momma how its suposed to be
and i make sure she paid like she grow for me
i know she gets all hope from me
and i dont ever wanna see her mope for me
hopefully, but truthfully there is a day
thats due for me
but lets pray that its as far as the future sees
you are listening to the future Weez-f-baby!

Edgar Erebus
07-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Simply amazing how long can you ride a dick of a rapper without making him even notice.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Simply amazing how long you can live your life as a lie.

Edgar Erebus
07-29-2008, 06:59 AM
What lie? If I don't like Wayne, it only means I'm lying to myself, 'cause my inner subconscious mind actually screams of delight a every time I hear his weed+sizzurp voice?

I understand you, man. I can get you like Wayne, that's okay, I personally like Kid 'n Play. You just need to stop riding dick.

http://img105.imagevenue.com/loc1076/th_38142_Perfect_chick_riding_dick_-_205.03.03_123_1076lo.jpg

You see? That's riding dick.

The funny thing about this is the people who are saying Wayne cant rap are all probabyl big fans of Killah Preist and Holocaust. You need to step out of your little bedroom world. Where you think you sit on your intelligence thrown, and you know what a rapper "should" sound like.That's riding dick too.

Exodus
07-29-2008, 07:05 AM
yes

Tha Carter & Tha Carter II are two of my favorite albums

but he's fallen off tremendously since then

2Bladez
07-29-2008, 07:08 AM
he can't...he got only flow

Guarded By Martyrs
07-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Honestly one of the worst rappers have heard in my life...
Granted I haven't heard a great deal from him
But what I have heard makes me never want to listen to him again.

DiMidio
07-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Fuck naw, Lil Wayne is absolutely wack as fuck.

Afficial_Nastee
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I just listened to a few Lil'Wayne tracks, and damn he's just straight up WACK.
And his flow is just irritatin'.

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-29-2008, 09:11 PM
what I have heard makes me never want to listen to him again.
Perfectly stated.

Come Honor Face
07-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Can't stand him! I hate pretty much every rapper who raps with a southern accent though. As soon as I hear "mayne" instead of man, or about "sizzurp" I immediately get as far away from that garbage as I can! Also, he has Lil in his name. that pretty much eliminates him from my music collection.

Paranoid
07-30-2008, 12:31 AM
Most of his music is mediocre. Some of it is garbage, some of it stands out. Theres no excuse for the pop shit. Hes not the best with lyrics, but has some decent material. He has a unique voice and delivery, but sometimes his delivery can fail miserably.

And none of you can front on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7n6P2ge6kw

^That is hip hop, and undeniably a good song

And I dont even fuck with wayne, theres 349732489273489327 better artists out there to listen to. But I definately see things alot clearer then most of you and Im not quick to judge like most of you. I dont have a personal grudge against wayne like most of you, and I also dont have a personal grudge against southern rap, like most of you

and pretty much everyone in this thread needs to get off waynes dick...

Come Honor Face
07-30-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't have a personal grudge against southern rap. I just think country soundin cats sound ridiculous tryin to rap. I just keep thinkin they are gonna start singin about how their woman left them, and they are at a bar drinkin themselves silly.

Paranoid
07-30-2008, 02:56 AM
^Whatever man cuz nothing u just said holds any weight at all

Come Honor Face
07-30-2008, 03:04 AM
ok.

davedigital360
07-30-2008, 05:21 AM
There a handful of Wayne tracks I feel. But if he's making a million tracks there has to some good songs eventually. He's alright but way too overrated.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-30-2008, 05:45 AM
If you don't like Lil Wayne's music then stop talking about him. Why do people wanna spend more time bitching about what they don't like than what they do?

I don't like Lil Wayne's music so I don't listen to Lil Wayne's music. Funnily enough that means I don't have a problem with Lil Wayne.

Dominus Santorini
07-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Going all the way back to the joint album with Gizzle. Wayne can rap, I think he found that his more freestyle like flow he adopted recently is easier to digest.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
as if its even a question if he can rap. im not even going to get into that debate. the debate is that if he is really one of the best ever or not.

I don't have a personal grudge against southern rap. I just think country soundin cats sound ridiculous tryin to rap. I just keep thinkin they are gonna start singin about how their woman left them, and they are at a bar drinkin themselves silly.

^thats exactly a personal grudge, you fucking moron. youre sounding real ignorant about shit now. like everyone who raps has to have a New York accent? ha...........................now GTFOH

Klawful
07-30-2008, 02:11 PM

That right there is the truth, I have tried to see what some people like in the Lil guy, I don't know but he must be doing something right, right?. All I have to add to this is that Soulja boy makes Wayne look like the GZA

Edgar Erebus
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
as if its even a question if he can rap. im not even going to get into that debate. the debate is that if he is really one of the best ever or not

Yeah, we already made the conclusions.

1) He can rap

2) He definitely ISN'T best thing since sliced bread.

http://www.vts.intute.ac.uk/detective/image/case-closed-stamp.gif

Suga Duga
07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
if Lil Wayne is in "hustler musik" mode all the time - he'd be in my top5 for sure

12weLvE
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I think he can rap... but, when he tries... I have brought up the fact that I use to really listen to his music back in the days... I was a fan, but now he has become a joke to me.

Come Honor Face
07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
as if its even a question if he can rap. im not even going to get into that debate. the debate is that if he is really one of the best ever or not.

^thats exactly a personal grudge, you fucking moron. youre sounding real ignorant about shit now. like everyone who raps has to have a New York accent? ha...........................now GTFOH

I didn't say anyone had to have anything u moron. If I don't like it, I don't like it. How is that a personal grudge? WTF are u talkin about? I'm not allowed to have an opinion without it being a personal grudge? U GTFOH!