PDA

View Full Version : Best Producer from the South

Edgar Erebus
07-28-2008, 03:38 PM
(This is a title that nobody ever mentions. Strange, considering how much dope beatmakers came from there.)

My pick: N.O. Joe

YAJ9ArSlUG0

UKonatlerqM

yp1hBB6kgAY

SYXBOPMpCpM

1ID0lqRTBWc

Amazing producer. Never heard anything smelling of wack from him.

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Who are some producers from the South? Not many out there.

Ritter
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm not so deep in the producing game, and don't know many of the South producers by names, I don't follow that scene so much. But off the head, I only know Organized Noise (ONP), they've produced a lot of OutKast's shit and Dungeon Family too.

Edgar Erebus
07-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Who are some producers from the South? Not many out there.

Jeez, under which rock have you been living for past 15 years?

Three 6 Mafia (DJ Paul & Juicy J)
Jazze Pha
Andre 3000
DJ Toomp
Mannie Fresh
Pimp C
Scarface

... just to name few most well-known.

I'm not so deep in the producing game, and don't know many of the South producers by names, I don't follow that scene so much. But off the head, I only know Organized Noise (ONP), they've produced a lot of OutKast's shit and Dungeon Family too.

I've been listening to lots of Southern shit lately - and I must admit that they were always completely on par with New York producers as of quality. You just gotta listen to right stuff.

Last UGK's album is a good starting point.

Buzk
07-28-2008, 04:02 PM
dont really know any except Kno from cunninlynguists, hes a master

Rame
07-28-2008, 04:06 PM
DJ Premier.

Ritter
07-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I've been listening to lots of Southern shit lately - and I must admit that they were always completely on par with New York producers as of quality. You just gotta listen to right stuff.

Last UGK's album is a good starting point.

I have that album, it's pretty good. Next Up is a great song. BDK ripped it.

I've only been listening to OutKast out of the south. And I consider them the 2nd best hip hop group/ best duo of all time.

Recent years, I've been listening to a lot of southern shit, but when I got onto lyricism, and more "hard-core" hip hop... I kinda "grew out" of the southern scene.

Edgar Erebus
07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
DJ Premier.

I knew he'd pop out sooner or later. ^O^

Wu-Tang Gambino
07-28-2008, 04:31 PM
LOL at all of you. DJ Premier (he's from Texas).

Rame
07-28-2008, 04:45 PM
^ Just named him.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-28-2008, 05:10 PM
andre3k
shawty redd
toomp

Paranoid
07-28-2008, 05:21 PM
emperorles = hip hop noob

Marlo Stanfield
07-28-2008, 05:58 PM
pimp c boy

Prolifical ENG
07-28-2008, 06:04 PM
KLC....possibly the most important producer in souther rap along with Mannie Fresh.

Honorable mention: Mo B. Dick.

claaa7
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
mannie fresh is horrible from what i've heard (not too much though, prove me wrong if y'all want)..

the beats i've heard by DJ Toomp have impressed me, haven't heard that much from him either but the ones i've catched have been fire. hardly listen to anything from the south besides some Scarface, Outkast and Cee-Lo though so it's not really something I should be discussing :P

P-Noid Brown
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
i'd say maestro, or the kid who did what u know bout .... from t.i.

cap
07-28-2008, 10:19 PM
the fuck??

no mention of 9th wonder??

im ashamed to be a part of this forum!!

P-Noid Brown
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
where not talking hip-hop... we are talkin southern comfort crunk...lol

GreenPoop!
07-28-2008, 11:20 PM
dont really know any except Kno from cunninlynguists, hes a master

Agreed.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdHYHaailjc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdHYHaailjc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GrI1IvtJ450&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GrI1IvtJ450&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXidi2P20Bo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bXidi2P20Bo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
This one is produced by Domingo, but the song is nice.

TAURO
07-28-2008, 11:22 PM
DJ Premier.

co-sign

Wu-Tang Gambino
07-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Smhh at all of you for not knowing many southern producers. Just naming a few:

Organized Noize
Kno
Enoch & Spech (of CYNE)
9th Wonder
Khrysis
Mike Dean
DJ Paul & Juicy J
Pimp C
Symbolic One
N.O. Joe

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
07-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Earthtone III(Outkast+Mr. DJ)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._DJ

Kno(Cunnilynquists)

I do not count Preemo cause he is has profected the "Brooklyn boom bap" and to me is considered a Brooklynite

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-29-2008, 12:18 AM
emperorles = hip hop noob
Okay.

check two
07-29-2008, 12:24 AM
KLC and The Medicine Men(formerly called Beats by the Pound) are good.

BRONZBODY
07-29-2008, 02:24 AM
DJ Premier.welll since is is from houston i will have to agree...other than him the medicine men(beats by the pound) come to mind as well any no limit album before 1998 is a banger beat wisei imo cus of them dudes...klc especially

Come Honor Face
07-29-2008, 03:37 AM
It's hard to categorize Premo, or 9th Wonder as southern. I mean, they are, but they don't make anything but east coast soundin tracks.

Edgar Erebus
07-29-2008, 04:40 AM
I do not count Preemo cause he is has profected the "Brooklyn boom bap" and to me is considered a Brooklynite

Finally someone who gets it.

I'm not such a fan of Beats by the Pound, although I must admit that they did a shitload of banging beats. They didn't actually have their sound, they were more into xeroxing whatever was hot at the moment.

Mannie Fresh is much higher in my book - he could really be THE most prolific producer of all time.

Rame
07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
@ Heads saying Premier doesn't count.

RZA lives in L.A. is he westcoast now?

Primo is from the south.

Edgar Erebus
07-29-2008, 02:08 PM
@ Heads saying Premier doesn't count.

RZA lives in L.A. is he westcoast now?

Primo is from the south.

It's not where you live, it's what you rep dunn.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
It's not where you live, it's what you rep dunn.

yep

J-DON
07-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Paul and Juicy

Organized Noise

6 Chambaz
07-29-2008, 09:25 PM
DJ Premier.
co-sign. the best thing to come out of Houston

oDoUoSoKo
07-29-2008, 09:34 PM
9th Wonder

Lil' Ruger
07-30-2008, 12:12 AM
(This is a title that nobody ever mentions. Strange, considering how much dope beatmakers came from there.)

My pick: N.O. Joe

YAJ9ArSlUG0

UKonatlerqM

yp1hBB6kgAY

SYXBOPMpCpM

1ID0lqRTBWc

Amazing producer. Never heard anything smelling of wack from him.

mannie fresh i like what happened to that boy is fresh.....and so is i need it in my life by juvenile.....i know this isa wu-tang board so every1's biased about crunk but sum1 needs to name little johnathan aka lil jon....ummm dudes from texas have nice beats like big yella (i think big is in his name or dj but w/e) but the fact that everyones naming producers from the south that dont really make southern beats kinda irks me (never have said irk in my life)....to me its not southern if it doesnt have a hint of crunk in it.

Zgfl0yrCRs0&hl

AhS7uE-iA&hl

MX6rC1krGp0&hl

Edgar Erebus
07-30-2008, 03:10 AM
mannie fresh i like what happened to that boy is fresh.....and so is i need it in my life by juvenile.....i know this isa wu-tang board so every1's biased about crunk but sum1 needs to name little johnathan aka lil jon....ummm dudes from texas have nice beats like big yella (i think big is in his name or dj but w/e) but the fact that everyones naming producers from the south that dont really make southern beats kinda irks me (never have said irk in my life)....to me its not southern if it doesnt have a hint of crunk in it.

(Explanation: he just said that Scarface, Geto Boys, OutKast, Goodie Mob and more or less whole Dungeon Family, matter of fact, all Southern rap before 1999 don't represent South.)

I'm getting tired of these noobs with prejudices. If sucker ever listened to older shit without being prejudiced, he'd maybe noticed that South ALWAYS had distinct flavor.

Oh fuck. Why bother.

The Hound
07-30-2008, 03:41 AM
damn who said mannie fresh garbage? ... dude gets my vote for atleast top 5 ... dude did everything for cash money and their shit always sold ... 400 degreez is fuckin banging and so underrated

but there's kind of no point discussing anything southern here since people have proven they don't know ... or more to the point, they don't wanna know about the south