PDA

View Full Version : Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba: witness

V4D3R
07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba: witness

Bus en route to Winnipeg from Edmonton; story contains graphic details

Last Updated: Thursday, July 31, 2008 | 8:35 AM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/07/31/greyhound-transcanada.html?ref=rss

A passenger repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated another person aboard a Greyhound bus travelling through Manitoba overnight, a witness said Thursday.
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2008/07/31/manitobabus-073108.jpgPolice officers were examining the Greyhound bus after a man repeatedly stabbed another passenger. (CBC)Police would not confirm the reports, only saying that a "major incident" took place around 9 p.m. Wednesday evening in the bus as it drove along the Trans-Canada Highway west of Portage la Prairie.
But passenger Garnet Caton told CBC News Thursday morning that the attacker had been sitting beside the victim, who was sleeping with his headphones on. Suddenly, he heard a "blood-curdling scream" and saw the man holding a large survival knife above the victim, "continually stabbing him in the chest area," he said.
"He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.
Panicked passengers fled the bus, but when Caton and two others returned to see if the victim was still alive, they saw the attacker "cutting the guy's head off and gutting him up."
"While we were watching the door, he calmly walks up to the front with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," said Caton.
Officers were still at the scene early Thursday morning and brought portable search lights to examine the bus, CBC's Sean Kavanagh reported.
Yellow tape surrounded the bus, which was carrying 37 passengers and a driver from Edmonton to Winnipeg, according to Abby Wambaugh, media relations spokeswoman for Greyhound Canada.
The incident took place in the eastbound lanes of the Trans-Canada about 18 kilometres west of Portage la Prairie, a city about 85 kilometres west of Winnipeg.
Traffic was being rerouted to a side road and passengers were brought to a hotel in Brandon for the night.
Wambaugh would not comment on what happened on the bus.
"I don't want to compromise the investigation, so any details need to be confirmed by the police," she said.
With files from the Canadian Press

V4D3R
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
"There was no rage or anything. He was like a robot, stabbing the guy."
Caton said the bus stopped and everyone scrambled to get out while the attacker started methodically carving up the victim's body, not paying attention to anyone else.
Caton and the driver shut the bus door from the outside while they waited for police to arrive.
"We put our bodies up against the door, waiting for him to come out ... and he went back and brought the head to the front and pretty much displayed it ... and dropped it on the ground in front of us," Caton said.
"All very calmly. He was wearing sunglasses. It was no big deal to him."
Fellow passenger Cody Olmstead from Kentville, N.S., also recalled the chilling scene.
"The guy came to the front of the door with buddy's head in his hands, decapitated. He dropped the head and went back and started cutting the body back up," Olmstead said

Tecknowledgist
07-31-2008, 10:27 PM
yeah my dad told me about this today...that's fucked up

Lex Lugor
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Thats fucking nuts. did they catch the guy?
Why'd he do it?

diggy
08-01-2008, 05:05 AM
Ya, this crime disturbs me.

It's like u can't even sleep on a Grey Hound without wondering if your gonna wake up with a knife in your throat!

This is weird. Apparently no provocation.

I heard the vic was maybe 18 yrs old.

I don't get it.

KERZO
08-01-2008, 06:01 AM
chop suey

djskillz
08-01-2008, 07:52 AM
That's shitty man. I'm from Winnipeg. I just read this shit in the papers this morning.

check two
08-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I forgot some of the classifications between the different types of murders, but shouldn't this incident be considered first degree murder? Also, didn't anybody else on the bus try to stop the guy after they saw him stabbing the other dude?

---Greyhound scraps ads after Canada bus beheading

TORONTO - Greyhound has scrapped an ad campaign that extolled the relaxing upside of bus travel after one of its passengers was accused of beheading and cannibalizing another traveler.

The ad's tag line was "There's a reason you've never heard of 'bus rage.'"

Greyhound spokeswoman Abby Wambaugh said Wednesday a billboard and some tunnel posters near a bus terminal in Toronto are still up and would be removed later in the day.

"Greyhound knows how important it is to get these removed and we are doing everything possible," Wambaugh said. "This is something that we immediately asked to be done last week, realizing that these could be offensive."

Vince Weiguang Li, who immigrated to Canada from China in 2004, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 22-year-old carnival worker Tim McLean. He has yet to enter a plea.

Thirty-seven passengers were aboard the Greyhound from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba, as it traveled at night along a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway about 12 miles from Portage La Prairie, Manitoba. Witnesses said Li attacked McLean unprovoked, stabbing him dozens of times.

As horrified passengers fled the bus, Li severed McLean's head, displaying it to some of the passengers outside the bus, witnesses said.

A police officer at the scene reported seeing the attacker hacking off pieces of the victim's body and eating them, according to a police report.

Wambaugh said the ads only appeared in Canada and that some in Ontario and western Canada have already been removed. About 20,000 inserts of the Greyhound ads were scheduled to be put into an Alberta Summer Games handbook but they stopped the presses.

news.yahoo.com

Visionz
08-06-2008, 05:24 PM
its Canada, so the same definitions may not apply, but here 1st degree implies premeditation, you sat thought about it and was like "yeah, this motherfucker here is gonna get it". I think 2nd degree is like some heat of the moment type shit. You purposely killed them but didn't think about it. 3rd aka manslaughter is on some death by drunk driving type situation, you killed someone but without intent of doing so.

This case seems like first degree to me. He had moved over to sit next to the dude before he started stabbing him, which would seem to imply intent to me

KERZO
08-20-2008, 07:48 AM
"There's a reason you've never heard of 'bus rage.'"

just hahahahahahaha