PDA

View Full Version : What method of learning works best for you?

Fatal Guillotine
08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
What type of method(s) work(s) best for you when you are studying? I have found that I am primarily an auditory learner; hearing something a couple of times works the best. Otherwise reading the material over at least twice (time permitting) works well too. I think it also depends on the material you are trying to study. It's also helpful to sometimes draw out diagrams or pictures.

What style works best for you- visual, auditory, hands on, etc?

Ritter
08-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Reading, marking the most important shit with a mildly-dull pencil, using a sharp pencil going over the text. Reading the whole text once, reading the highlighted parts again, and then reading the un-highlighted parts again. Then making a scheme (diagram as you said) of the lesson.

Ie. When I was studying the Respiratory System for Biology, I drew a diagram of the air's pathway. Really helped.

Mr. X
08-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Writing important things down really helps me. Writing it down on paper is like writing it into my head and I remember what I write down better than what I read.

Maccabee Ridah
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Reading and putting the important things on paper and than reading again and loud repeating! That's my style of learning!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-03-2008, 10:16 PM
prolly for me it's gonna be visual & hands on

Fatal Guillotine
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
certain things im a hands on type of guy. but im most auditory....i find i remember i remember more that way?

Fatal Guillotine
08-11-2008, 09:46 PM
knowing your learning style is helpful to say the least