PDA

View Full Version : CNN prep new album, talk about hating Puffy

sarr
08-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I loved the Bo Jacksons/ The orange and blue." N.O.R.E.'s "I Love My Life" is 10 years old, but it can still give you the chills as it glides out of your speakers. Smooth-thug reflections! While Noreaga's solo debut is heralded as a classic, back then he didn't really catch on to the accolades. Recently in Miami, he told us how it was difficult for him to put out his brand of hardened, street-basher music during a time when Puff Daddy and the family dominated with sleek party joints — especially in New York.

"When we came out, I can say it now, I actually hated Puff Daddy," Nore said in his studio, sitting next to Capone. The duo were in the lab recording their next LP, Channel 10. "I can say that now, 'cause Puff is my man. I was disgusted at what they was doing with the shiny suits and the blow-up dolls and looking like Missy. I didn't agree with that. I felt the shiny-suit movement was destroying the grimy movement. As I got older, I learned to respect people for doing different things. At that time, 'Pone was actually locked up. I was on the streets, and I would turn on BET and MTV, it would be the shiny-suit dudes. It was a messed-up time.

"Mase was killing them," he added. "Y'all can say what y'all wanna say about Mase, but he was killin' them. You almost wanted to throw on something shiny. They caught Jay-Z. Remember Jay with the 'Sunshine' [video]? He had the Ferris Wheel, the Cyclone, whatever. It was real hard."

Capone and Nore were just off a night from recording two songs for their LP. One is an untitled record featuring Mobb Deep.

"First time it's just Mobb Deep and CNN [Capone-N-Noreaga]," Nore said. "We got Prodigy. We got him in jail on the phone call. We got him before jail, after jail. That's it. We don't know the name of it."

They didn't know the name of the other track either. "The record is about surviving," Nore said of the second track," Nore said.

"We letting them know we relevant, we survived the storm," 'Pone jumped in. "Nothing's changed. We always gonna be relevant as long as good music is relevant."

CNN also have the mixtape Back on That Q.U. Sh-- out in the street. Their original DJ, Whoo Kid, helped them put it together.

" 'Hollywood' signifies a lot," Capone said of the record we should check for. "People think Capone and Nore, we haven't lived in the 'hood for the past 12 years. So they think we may be in Hollywood or La-La Land. The record is basically Nore telling me, 'I never should have went there, but I had to do it.' 'Hollywood' is not Hollywood as you know it, though."

Channel 10 comes out in September. The title pays homage to where you can catch the television network CNN on the dial in their hometown of New York.

Channel 10, which will be released via SMC Recordings on October 21st, will feature appearances from Fat Joe, The Clipse, Dogg Pound, Maino, Uncle Murder, Picalo, and Charlie Hustle.

Producers on the project include DJ Premier, Havoc, The Alchemist, STK, Play & Skillz and Hazardous Sounds.

“All the past albums had obstacles -this time we were able to come together in the studio. Record together, not over the phone, in different cities,” explained Capone via a statement. “It really shows in the music, we are really interacting in the whole album. We are giving the fans a whole different feel, a whole different texture and it is going to show in our music.”

Source: MTV

FasterBlade
08-04-2008, 07:13 PM
ehh, cant say im checkin for it

that Back On That QU Sh1t mixtape from this year was awful, they cant even stay on beat for freestyles. after NORE failed with his reggaton experiment it was a wrap for CNN

P-Noid Brown
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Yea Who Knows?

tragedykhadafi12
08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Legendary New York rappers Capone-N-Noreaga come together again to release their first album as a group in 8 years. The album, Channel 10, is the follow up from their 2000 gold-selling release - The Reunion.

“I'm proud to be working on a CNN album, a lot of people have been begging for this to come out", N.O.R.E. explains. He goes on to describe his excitement about recording with Capone. "We recorded the whole album in the studio together. We want the music to be really good and it came out hot! Plus we own our masters!"

Capone elaborates, “All the past albums had obstacles -this time we were able to come together in the studio. Record together, not over the phone, in different cities. It really shows in the music, we are really interacting in the whole album. We are giving the fans a whole different feel, a whole different texture and it is going to show in our music.

Capone-N-N.O.R.E. enlisted DJ Premier, The Alchemist, STK, Grammy Award winners Play & Skills and Hazardous Sounds for production. Fat Joe, The Clipse, Dogg Pound, Maino, Uncle Murder, Picalo, and Charlie Hustle make guest appearances.

Devoted followers will be excited to hear that the Queens based duo will release their first single this month, "Follow The Dollar" produced by The Alchemist. They will be shooting the video at the end of the month.

C-N-N met in 1992 while serving kitchen duty together at Collins Correctional Facility in New York. In 1996 they released their first single, Illegal Life” through Penalty Records. Unfortunately, their album releases stalled throughout the years because of Capone's incarcerations and the duo only released 2 albums as a group.

C-N-N's Channel 10 front begins on October 21st 2008 on SMC Recordings.

sarr
08-04-2008, 11:03 PM
apparently they gota track with mobb deep on there...will be worth a listen.