PDA

View Full Version : In Relation to 20 questions

Visionz
08-11-2008, 03:12 AM
17. close between christianity and Islam.....personal choice. Very little merit.

nDAafFo_Pq0

I thought this was something that was gonna go on a deeper level so I'm bringing it from general chat to here.

When Nicky said this, I think he was correct. Whether you believe in one or the other, if you truly believe then you'll eventually arrive at being a morally sound person and it really wouldn't matter one way or the other. But the perception between the two is a completely different thing and the negative outlook as generally accepted switches as you get from one side of the globe to the other.

Regardless of what the people believe in or stand for, the west is directly tied to christianity and dido for the middle east and islam. And the media for both areas of the earth have these sterotypes that they like to use to rationalize crazy behavior that defies what they profess to believe in.

In the West they are crude and barbaric. Suicidal maniacs who will stop at nothing to achieve a global islamic world.

In the Middle East we are decadent and corrupt. Lazy bastards who's greed threatens all of human existence.

Both sides are right and wrong but only the wrongs of each side will continue to be perpetuated if we continue along the path that each side is walking.

Its too bad that the world can not acheive what we accomplish on these message boards on the daily. go head and marinate on that for a bit

diggy
08-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Tru.

When people are blinded by hate, they only see the negative in the other side. Every one wants to consider himself in the right in relation to others, but we have to see all sides of the issue(s).

The problem with 'religious' people is that they don't really practice the good which is in their books. They mostly follow traditions or pastor/imam's opinions on the matter. The fact that there are denominations/sects in "Islam" and "Christianity" is proof enough that they do not follow the original teachings of the founder/messenger.

Frauds - the majority of them.

Some people who do not describe themselves as religious are more moral in their everyday relations with people more than the self-righteous 'religious' people (who are for the most part hypocrites!).

They (the religious) take verses out of context to justify actions against others and to support their warped political aspirations.

Visionz
08-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Word, reading the Bible and applying it to the world today it seems as if Jesus was trying to save the christians from themselves. I run into a decent amount of professed christians who can't stand either muslims or islam without even reading the Quran. ***I think of "hate me now" just as soon as I type it.

There's some things in the Quran that I can see really leaving a die-hard christian shaking but at the same time if they're being honest with themselves they can't deny the truth that is its foundation. I don't consider myself of any religion much like you mentioned but I study/studied most of the major ones and they're all trying to awaken the self-awareness that resides within every individual. It's just that people keep fuckin with the reception so that the masses don't get the right signal.

I just hope collectively we wake up before shit just gets too far outta hand. The word is far far away from being a righteous place but it doesn't have to be. The paradox of the situation is really mind-boggling.

diggy
08-11-2008, 04:38 AM
The few are people who are tru to themselves and others.

The way things are going...we need divine intervention. Something has to give.

I remember a verse from the Quran which says "Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves". Change begins within.

Mahatma Ghandi also said " You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

When people are ready for a good to rule, we will act accordingly.

Visionz
08-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Shit, I'm that way now for real for real, not on no crazy mother teresa shit or nothing but I really do try to live out the golden rule in all my dealings regardless of who I'm dealing with. I don't even really comprehend being any other kinda way with people. Its like fuck personal gain if it means fucking someone else over nawmean.

The same person who suppressed the information for effienct and clean energy sources 30-40 years ago for monetary gain now has a grandchild in LA with acute asthma, y'know. I'm speaking in hypotheticals but the point being that even the people who hold all the power on earth belong to the earth and even they can not escape from the wrong that they do. Its those people on top that need the paradigm shift the most and they have to realize that the change needs to happen for their own sake. They wouldn't need a burglar alarm on the lamborguini if no one was interested in stealing their shit nawmean.

Charles Barry
08-11-2008, 07:34 AM
When I sit back and look at all the evil in this world it really makes me wonder what the future holds. I'm seriously contemplating whether or not I actually want to father children because I'm concerned about the type of world that they'd live in. Can you imagine this planet in 200 years? If Earth makes it that long, I really don't see much good being left. Do I really want to pass this future on to generations after me?

My life is all about mastering myself and trying to be the best individual that I can be. I almost think it would be better to continue on this course without the responsibility of another life. I don't need children to leave a legacy. That will be done by my actions during this lifetime. I'm trying to put myself in a position to help as many people as possible. Too many indivduals waste their lives collecting material bullshit and going through the motions. Fuck that, I've gotta have a higher purpose.

I'm not religious but I'm definitely what you would consider spiritual. I think there are truths to be learned in the Quran, Bible, and many other texts. Living by the golden rule is fundamental. When you approach your life in this manner it makes you a much more grounded person. The problem with this world is that people are driven by ego so much that they have a skewed view of reality. Everything becomes about them and they aren't able to put themselves in the shoes of another. All you can really do is remain positive through these times but be prepared for the worst.

Durag
08-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Understanding and exceptence of anothers religion would make the world a better place. I am a born catholic, although wouldnt consider myself religious, but others beliefs are there beliefs. We were thought in school that all other religions are wrong and ours is right. I think thats incorrect, and its where all this ignorance of other peoples beliefs begins. Its wrong to try and convert people, which Christianty seems to pride itself in doing.

Marlo Stanfield
08-11-2008, 02:08 PM
The way things are going...we need divine intervention. Something has to give.

word up.

i always have faith, but reality decapitates it. it seems as though about 50 years ago we probably still had a choice to do something.... i feel as though were at the point of no return with all this shit on a macro level.

LORD NOSE
08-11-2008, 02:31 PM
The problem with 'religious' people is that they don't really practice the good which is in their books. They mostly follow traditions or pastor/imam's opinions on the matter.

Its like fuck personal gain if it means fucking someone else over nawmean.

good thread - not going for the okee doke and ban settling for less is a good start for laying the foundation to the type of world you all describe living in

Fatal Guillotine
08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Understanding and exceptence of anothers religion would make the world a better place. I am a born catholic, although wouldnt consider myself religious, but others beliefs are there beliefs. We were thought in school that all other religions are wrong and ours is right. I think thats incorrect, and its where all this ignorance of other peoples beliefs begins. Its wrong to try and convert people, which Christianty seems to pride itself in doing.

Respect durag. i honestly fell where you coming from we you said others beliefs are there beliefs but i think that people wheter their muslim or jew, taoist or rastarfian. study needs to go on in the household of that individual person. i find that the majority of the topics(prime example : history) teach at school is a bunch of lies. the only thing that is universal is mathematics. i find their or alot of ethnocentries in religion main reason is because nobody takes the time to crack open a book and learn about islam or learn about judaism or rastarfianism or whatever religion it maybe. what im saying is nobody can knock a religion unless they have knowledge of said religion. Just my opinon

LORD NOSE
08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
respecting someones beliefs.........

there are some that believe that by slaughtering a small child to the god baal, they'll gain some form of power

should their belief be respected and tolerated ?

understanding anothers path is one thing

being on your path slaying others for being on a path separate from the one you believe will get you where you need to go is the problem

we can't leave each other alone -

when you are on a path and you get attacked, and you fight off your attackers, you are seen as a terrorist in your attackers court system -

Fatal Guillotine
08-11-2008, 03:06 PM

there are some that believe that by slaughtering a small child to the god baal, they'll gain some form of power

being on your path slaying others for being on a path separate from the one you believe will get you where you need to go is the problem

when you are on a path and you get attacked, and you fight off your attackers, you are seen as a terrorist in your attackers court system -

so true sunny i see we agree on this matter

TSA
08-11-2008, 06:36 PM
not all beliefs deserve to be respected, that's very true, like Nazism

i respect Islam more then Christianity but Jesus more then Islam, Muhammed and Christianity

Visionz
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
not all beliefs deserve to be respected, that's very true, like Nazism

i respect Islam more then Christianity but Jesus more then Islam, Muhammed and Christianitywhere do you make the seperation between Jesus and christianity?

Olive Oil Goombah
08-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Christianity and Islam are one in the same to me. In the 20 question, I picked
Christianity because thats what I was raised as.

I think tho, stepping outside of my catholic upbringing in which my family was not
really religious and didnt force anything on me, that quiz about your belief kind of
led me to some interesting conclusions.

It was accurate and it reflected how I look at things.

Buddhism is something I'd like to learn more about.

Visionz
08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
.......I'm seriously contemplating whether or not I actually want to father children because I'm concerned about the type of world that they'd live in. Can you imagine this planet in 200 years? If Earth makes it that long, I really don't see much good being left. Do I really want to pass this future on to generations after me?

........I don't need children to leave a legacy. That will be done by my actions during this lifetime. I'm trying to put myself in a position to help as many people as possible. Too many indivduals waste their lives collecting material bullshit and going through the motions. Fuck that, I've gotta have a higher purpose.

I'm not religious but I'm definitely what you would consider spiritual. I think there are truths to be learned in the Quran, Bible, and many other texts. Living by the golden rule is fundamental. When you approach your life in this manner it makes you a much more grounded person. The problem with this world is that people are driven by ego so much that they have a skewed view of reality. Everything becomes about them and they aren't able to put themselves in the shoes of another. All you can really do is remain positive through these times but be prepared for the worst.I feel you on this, we have to work towards a higher purpose in our own lives to make tomorrow a better place. On the kid tip, you need people with self-awareness having kids though because they'll have alot better perspective on things than someone's who ultra-materialistic and then teaching their kids to be the same way. I just feel like if I can pass all my knowledge to someone at a very young age then they'll be leaps and bounds ahead of where I'm currently at @29. It's not bad or nothing, I really can't complain but there's alot I had to figure out on my own that my unborn child won't have to. We'll need leaders to crawl out the shithole but you need good parents to raise 'em.

word up.

i always have faith, but reality decapitates it. it seems as though about 50 years ago we probably still had a choice to do something.... i feel as though were at the point of no return with all this shit on a macro level.I honestly believe its never too late. Things have a way of being born anew here on planet earth

when you are on a path and you get attacked, and you fight off your attackers, you are seen as a terrorist in your attackers court system -I definetly understand that but in the same turn, the actual difference between islam and christanity as far as moral code is very minute. The golden rule should apply to all situations and if somehow it doesn't then that person is on some twisted shit. No one with a moral compass thats even close to pointing in the right direction is gonna be down for some child sacrifice.

diggy
08-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Shit, I'm that way now for real for real, not on no crazy mother teresa shit or nothing but I really do try to live out the golden rule in all my dealings regardless of who I'm dealing with. I don't even really comprehend being any other kinda way with people. Its like fuck personal gain if it means fucking someone else over nawmean.

The same person who suppressed the information for effienct and clean energy sources 30-40 years ago for monetary gain now has a grandchild in LA with acute asthma, y'know. I'm speaking in hypotheticals but the point being that even the people who hold all the power on earth belong to the earth and even they can not escape from the wrong that they do. Its those people on top that need the paradigm shift the most and they have to realize that the change needs to happen for their own sake. They wouldn't need a burglar alarm on the lamborguini if no one was interested in stealing their shit nawmean.

Tru, I remember something on the History Channel a few yrs ago about some royal family ( I forgot their name) who practiced incest to keep the power in the family. These people who had so much power and material wealth suffered from a strange genetic condition which manifested as very big chins and mental illness. I don't remember how, but eventually most of them died off and lost power.

Eventually we submit to the laws of nature. It's better if we do it willingly.

When I sit back and look at all the evil in this world it really makes me wonder what the future holds. I'm seriously contemplating whether or not I actually want to father children because I'm concerned about the type of world that they'd live in. Can you imagine this planet in 200 years? If Earth makes it that long, I really don't see much good being left. Do I really want to pass this future on to generations after me?

My life is all about mastering myself and trying to be the best individual that I can be. I almost think it would be better to continue on this course without the responsibility of another life. I don't need children to leave a legacy. That will be done by my actions during this lifetime. I'm trying to put myself in a position to help as many people as possible. Too many indivduals waste their lives collecting material bullshit and going through the motions. Fuck that, I've gotta have a higher purpose.

I'm not religious but I'm definitely what you would consider spiritual. I think there are truths to be learned in the Quran, Bible, and many other texts. Living by the golden rule is fundamental. When you approach your life in this manner it makes you a much more grounded person. The problem with this world is that people are driven by ego so much that they have a skewed view of reality. Everything becomes about them and they aren't able to put themselves in the shoes of another. All you can really do is remain positive through these times but be prepared for the worst.

I feel u on this.

Respect durag. i honestly fell where you coming from we you said others beliefs are there beliefs but i think that people wheter their muslim or jew, taoist or rastarfian. study needs to go on in the household of that individual person. i find that the majority of the topics(prime example : history) teach at school is a bunch of lies. the only thing that is universal is mathematics. i find their or alot of ethnocentries in religion main reason is because nobody takes the time to crack open a book and learn about islam or learn about judaism or rastarfianism or whatever religion it maybe. what im saying is nobody can knock a religion unless they have knowledge of said religion. Just my opinon

Tru, all this hatred stems from arrogance and ignorance. I saw this video on youtube about this woman said she always visited chat rooms to talk shit about Islam. But one day she decided to actually read the Quran and she saw the good in it and realized she hated it out of ignorance. She later then became muslim.

I think we need to understand mostly. Live and let live.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-12-2008, 04:58 AM
This was an interesting read, keep it up.

I haven't anything to contribute though

TSA
08-12-2008, 08:12 AM
where do you make the seperation between Jesus and christianity?
because what Christianity is the worship of Chirst which is not really what Jesus was talking about when you analysis his teachings

he said he was the son of god, but i feel this was a sign of his awareness of the message he was trying to spread to everyone, or inturn everyone is the son of god cause we are all children of god and of a godlike nature and closeness to god and this nature to the route to salvation.

it's like if an afrocentric person decided to stop calling himself black and instead an african. Then a religion based around his teachings started hailing him as The African as opposed to realizing that he was saying that black ppl aren't a color they're a people, or there should be an awareness of ones african, or in this example, god like nature.

Also Christianity is the remains of the Roman empire as seen in the Papacy, which originally had nothing to do with Jesus and therefore in their hands the faith they created, Christianity will have elements that have nothing to do with jesus, like worshipping him in temples which he was against and specifically said not to, and praying to or placing religious value on objects like catholics often do (ex. burning a bible is sinful but in the eyes of jesus it's just paper). Even the existance of a Pope which suggests he's closer to god then the average person is against Jesus' teaches

so yeah, Christianity tends to be more of a Jesus fan club and less of an awareness of what he was talking about, which i think is over alot of ppls heads even today. expecially today.

diggy
11-20-2008, 02:09 AM

I feel you.

Visionz
11-20-2008, 02:33 AM
I had forgotten about this thread but its very relevant to a lot of the conversations that have been going on lately. Thanks for bringing it back

diggy
11-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Tru.

No problem.

zooruka
11-20-2008, 03:03 AM
because what Christianity is the worship of Chirst which is not really what Jesus was talking about when you analysis his teachings

he said he was the son of god, but i feel this was a sign of his awareness of the message he was trying to spread to everyone, or inturn everyone is the son of god cause we are all children of god and of a godlike nature and closeness to god and this nature to the route to salvation.

it's like if an afrocentric person decided to stop calling himself black and instead an african. Then a religion based around his teachings started hailing him as The African as opposed to realizing that he was saying that black ppl aren't a color they're a people, or there should be an awareness of ones african, or in this example, god like nature.

Also Christianity is the remains of the Roman empire as seen in the Papacy, which originally had nothing to do with Jesus and therefore in their hands the faith they created, Christianity will have elements that have nothing to do with jesus, like worshipping him in temples which he was against and specifically said not to, and praying to or placing religious value on objects like catholics often do (ex. burning a bible is sinful but in the eyes of jesus it's just paper). Even the existance of a Pope which suggests he's closer to god then the average person is against Jesus' teaches

so yeah, Christianity tends to be more of a Jesus fan club and less of an awareness of what he was talking about, which i think is over alot of ppls heads even today. expecially today.

christianity is the worship of GOD THE FATHER through JESUS CHRIST.... the reason people give praise to JESUS is because he is our lord and master... but the main focus is the worship of GOD THE FATHER through JESUS!.

peace

peace

peace

beautifulrock
11-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Al Qaeda is to Muslim as KKK is to Christianity

Visionz
11-20-2008, 04:00 AM
christianity is the worship of GOD THE FATHER through JESUS CHRIST.... the reason people give praise to JESUS is because he is our lord and master... but the main focus is the worship of GOD THE FATHER through JESUS!.

peace

peace

peaceyou don't listen to a single word of what others have to say do you? Do you really think after reading his post that your viewpoint is something he's completely unaware of??? In reality it appears to be the other way around.

diggy
05-12-2009, 07:43 PM
:w

Prince Rai
05-13-2009, 07:13 AM
great thread.

the problem with beliefs is that if somebody says "That's what I believe..", then you can't fuck with that. In the sense that, that person won't budge or reconsider what he or she believes unless something truly remarkable shakes their belief foundation.

What people lack is an ability to be objective about what they want to pursue and then subjective in what they are studying keeping in mind their objective preamble.