TSA
08-11-2008, 09:01 PM
and it's been in my face this whole time

Devil God
Evil Good

thoughts?

diggy
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Ya, I've noticed this for a while. Maybe it is telling us something.

TSA
08-11-2008, 10:09 PM
that the concept of good and evil its self is a religious one, and therefore morals themselves, are a religious concept

that's what i got from it

hmmmmm...

diggy
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Maybe it is saying God promotes good and the devil promotes evil.

diggy
08-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Or we can say good is a subset of God, cuz starting with the world 'God', all u have to do is add one more 'O' to make it 'good'.

And 'Evil' is the foundation of the 'devil', cuz 'evil' is contained in the word 'devil'.

Maybe..

Visionz
08-11-2008, 10:47 PM
language has tie-in like that everywhere

the present--really the only moment that any of us ever really have

but its also another name for a gift.

there's more out there like that that I've noticed before I'll post more when I remember what they are

STYLE
08-12-2008, 02:10 AM
deep stuff right there.

try this one .....

doo doo dookie

count dooku
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/f/f1/Count_Dooku_headshot_gaze.jpg/250px-Count_Dooku_headshot_gaze.jpg

thoughts?

TSA
08-12-2008, 07:49 AM
i think count Doo Kuu is made of pheces

but on everything else, im real big on linguistics, mainly studying english but i can't find books on the subject, it's 100x more telling and honest then almost any history book or teacher

I think it all has to do with root words. the early stages of a language starts with a ruff sound thats a word, and from that word everything that has anything to do with it sprouts

for instance look at niger, portugese or french for black, i can't remember

but from niger you get nigger, niger (river), niggerish, niggerisms, niggerolic, nigglet, niggy the pooh.

all these words, tho admittedly some are made up, are different but will always have something to do with their root word of blackness or of a blacklike nature, and will show an association of concepts based on that root.

if you look at Evil, you see alot of words with Vil (with a french origin) have a negate connocation, Vile, Villian, Violence, Vilipend Viler, Vilifeny, Vilify, and so forth, and things like this usually run back to a basic religious grounding, me guess is that in the area of Gaul or somewhere in indo europe a god bearing Vil as the core of its name was the god of Evil and later was replaced by the Devil when christianity came in. Usually latin uses of Vil have a completely different nature but when tied to the french uses it usually bad. This theory is still stetchy, correct me if im wrong

on that is solid and proven is the word God.
God, War, and Thor all come from the same rough sound which once meant the same thing. It's no wonder that Thor was the God of War. So in a strange war all the words that came from those roots Worship, Warrior, Thunder, Thursday, Thurman, Good, and God have a archaic relation

again, a rough theory i haven't looked into lingusitics hard enough

TSA
08-12-2008, 07:57 AM
also upon looking at the word Vil, im finding that almost all words mean or revert to 'blacken'

this god im speaking of could be a link between the western mind relating blackness with evil, destruction, violence, and so forth, cause there is no where in a western dictionary that black has a positive meaning. If not being used objectively to describe a color (sometimes more subjective then objective), it's something bad

hmmmmmmmm

TSA
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Vil in the Roman or latin sense almost always ties back to living (maybe that's why you see the word LIVing look the way it does)

Civilian, Viliage, Villa, Vill

diggy
08-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary traces the word back to an old Latin word religio meaning "taboo, restraint." A deeper study discovers the word comes from the two words re and ligare. Re is a prefix meaning "return," and ligare means "to bind;" in other words, "return to bondage." Do you still want some of that "old-time religion"?

http://www.tentmaker.org/Dew/Dew1/D1-EtymologyOfReligion.html

Face of the Golden Falcon
08-13-2008, 12:53 AM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings...

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary traces the word back to an old Latin word religio meaning "taboo, restraint." A deeper study discovers the word comes from the two words re and ligare. Re is a prefix meaning "return," and ligare means "to bind;" in other words, "return to bondage." Do you still want some of that "old-time religion"?

http://www.tentmaker.org/Dew/Dew1/D1-EtymologyOfReligion.html

This "bondage" or "binding" may be unity with God, in which case returning to that union would be an excellent idea.

SHEM HETEP

diggy
08-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Possibly

Marlo Stanfield
08-13-2008, 10:26 AM
also upon looking at the word Vil, im finding that almost all words mean or revert to 'blacken'

this god im speaking of could be a link between the western mind relating blackness with evil, destruction, violence, and so forth, cause there is no where in a western dictionary that black has a positive meaning. If not being used objectively to describe a color (sometimes more subjective then objective), it's something bad

hmmmmmmmm

i feel so bad for you, being black in nebraska.... and being very confused.

TSA
08-13-2008, 10:42 AM
yes, yes cause black only has negative connotations in nebraska and of all things said in the thread mine stands out

you know im a black guy in nebraska, i didn't even know you account existed
it's like Shyhiem dissing Raekwon, go back to being a manchild faggot

Fatal Guillotine
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
i remember in english class the teacher teaches you about a term called analogy. an analogy is both the cognitive process of transferring information from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), and a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process. you have neologisms as well like software/hardware. Analogy exists Linguistics, Science, Mathematics, Artificial intelligence, Anatomy, Morality, and the Law.

STYLE
08-14-2008, 08:54 PM
you were on to something but then you fucked it up with conjecture and misinformation. you are an intelligent dude. but when you try to apply it without the facts, you come off as being dumb.
thats why i came with the riduculous dooku connection cause that what u are doing here.

do some research and try this thread again. it has potential.

fyi

"evil" is germanic in origin and has the same roots as "over" or "uber" transgress is to cross over something a crime is called a transgression.
so evil loosely translates to transgression

it has NOTHING to do with the vill you speak of.

ironically "villain" comes from the term for inhabitants of a feudal plot of land often called a Vill. they were called villeins. often feudal lords were tyrants, so if a villein escaped, he would have to resort to crime to survive.

"villain".

Olive Oil Goombah
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I agree.....all you really have to do is look up any word and you can find its real root, and you will see that it was probably borrowed from a father language or a proto language etc.

Thats alot of times how archaeologists figure shit out is with language.

STYLE
08-14-2008, 11:46 PM
right. thats all i did. but to sit and just make shit up doesn't help anyone.

if you look at Evil, you see alot of words with Vil (with a french origin) have a negate connocation, Vile, Villian, Violence, Vilipend Viler, Vilifeny, Vilify, and so forth, and things like this usually run back to a basic religious grounding, me guess is that in the area of Gaul or somewhere in indo europe a god bearing Vil as the core of its name was the god of Evil and later was replaced by the Devil when christianity came in. Usually latin uses of Vil have a completely different nature but when tied to the french uses it usually bad. This theory is still stetchy, correct me if im wrong

on that is solid and proven is the word God.
God, War, and Thor all come from the same rough sound which once meant the same thing. It's no wonder that Thor was the God of War. So in a strange war all the words that came from those roots Worship, Warrior, Thunder, Thursday, Thurman, Good, and God have a archaic relation

all the shit in green is just flat out wrong. the blue was just funny to me.

TSA
08-15-2008, 10:50 AM
right. thats all i did. but to sit and just make shit up doesn't help anyone.

all the shit in green is just flat out wrong. the blue was just funny to me.
well being that your 11 years old then me and a fellow humanbeing trying to engaging in civil discussion as i myself am, i'll respect the information on the topic you have found. What i purposed was a possible hunch on a subject i was asking for an answer and made that clear and why i made this logical connection which could be true or false, but dispite 11 years of age superiority you resorted to insults and attempts to degrade a clearly valid hypothesis. Not just the hypothesis but attempted swipes at the person posting it.

everyone says you act like this out of jealously, i simply think its anger, or not knowing better cause it seems to magnify when your most angry.
and continues for weeks until you calm down or the subject is switched

now consider what is happening. I proposed a thread that has never been proposed in KTL, Linguistics, though is a very common topic it gets now shine past the miles and miles of conspiracy theories yakub and melanin talk.

I present a possible hypothesis i have on a subject of interest, and you presented and answer, a valid answer that sounds like it's backed by fact.

then you started insulting a person theorizing in a subforum that is supposed to be about theorizing, but theories are rarely presented.

then you think saving KTL is gonna come through giving hobo tic tacs.
you really think sunny winters is gonna give a hobo a tic tac

whether your drive is jealous, hatred, or anger, these are all aspects of your daily character that make me question your alleged 'spirituality' being that you throw all teachings of your metu nerupueur out the window over internet rivalrys.

explain yourself

TSA
08-15-2008, 10:51 AM
and yes, god war thor thunder and worship have the same ground meaning

BTTR KNG KOOL
08-15-2008, 11:29 AM
well in my language there is a connection between "Thunder" and "God"

cos

Thunder = Ukkonen

God = Ukko

how much more real can it get?

TSA
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
thank you.
where are you from?
i'll guess a nordic country

BTTR KNG KOOL
08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
finland

BTTR KNG KOOL
08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
but Finnish isnt germanic tho. modern version Influenced maybe, but "Ukko" is from old shamanic times. Asian/Eastern.

even the modern word they use now, "Jumala", when refering to a god, is eastern.

so thats teh weird part

Shogah
08-16-2008, 11:18 AM
and it's been in my face this whole time

Devil God
Evil Good

thoughts?

So what? If you put these words in some other language you'll notice something else or you won't notice anything. it is very relevant.

TSA
08-16-2008, 11:31 AM
well im not speaking on all of humanity as you are assuming, im speaking on the nordic, english language

Cthulhu
08-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Hey guess what? There's this thing called the internet that you can use to look up word etymologies and find out that just because two words sound similar and have similar meanings doesn't mean they have any relation to eachother:

evil
O.E. yfel (Kentish evel) "bad, vicious," from P.Gmc. *ubilaz (cf. O.Saxon ubil, Goth. ubils), from PIE *upelo-, giving the word an original sense of "uppity, overreaching bounds" which slowly worsened. "In OE., as in all the other early Teut. langs., exc. Scandinavian, this word is the most comprehensive adjectival expression of disapproval, dislike or disparagement" [OED]. Evil was the word the Anglo-Saxons used where we would use bad, cruel, unskillful, defective (adj.), or harm, crime, misfortune, disease. The meaning "extreme moral wickedness" was in O.E., but did not become the main sense until 18c. Evil eye (L. oculus malus) was O.E. eage yfel.

devil
O.E. deofol "evil spirit," from L.L. diabolus, from Gk. diabolos "accuser, slanderer" (scriptural loan-translation of Heb. satan), from diaballein "to slander, attack," lit. "throw across," from dia- "across, through" + ballein "to throw." Jerome re-introduced Satan in L. bibles, and Eng. translators have used both in different measures. In Vulgate, as in Gk., diabolus and dęmon (see demon) were distinct, but they have merged in Eng. and other Gmc. languages. Playful use for "clever rogue" is from 1601. Meaning "sand spout, dust storm" is from 1835. In U.S. place names, the word often represents a native word such as Algonquian manito, more properly "spirit, god." Devilry is from 1375; deviltry (1788) is a corrupt formation from it. Devilled "grilled with hot condiments" is from 1800. The Tasmanian devil so called since at least 1829, from its propensity for killing young lambs (other voracious fish or animals have also been named devil). Phrase a devil way (c.1290) was originally an emphatic form of away, but taken by late 14c. as an expression of irritation. Devil's advocate (1760) is L. advocatus diaboli, one whose job it is to urge against the canonization of a candidate for sainthood. Devil-may-care is attested from 1837 (but suggested in other forms by 1793). Devil's books "playing cards" is from 1729, but the cited quote says they've been called that "time out of mind" (the four of clubs is the devil's bedposts); devil's coach-horse is from 1840, the large rove-beetle, which is defiant when disturbed. "Talk of the Devil, and he's presently at your elbow" [1666].

good (adj.)
O.E. god (with a long "o") "having the right or desirable quality," from P.Gmc. *gothaz (cf. O.N. gošr, Du. goed, Ger. gut, Goth. gožs), originally "fit, adequate, belonging together," from PIE base *ghedh- "to unite, be associated, suitable" (cf. O.C.S. godu "pleasing time," Rus. godnyi "fit, suitable," O.E. gędrian "to gather, to take up together"). Irregular comparatives (better, best) reflect a widespread pattern, cf. L. bonus, melior, optimus. First record of good day is from c.1205. Goods "property" first recorded c.1280, but singular in the same sense was in O.E. The good neighbours is Scot. euphemism for "the fairies" (1588). Good-for-nothing is from 1711; good-looking is from 1780; good-natured first recorded 1577. Good sport is from 1917; good to go is attested from 1989.

god
O.E. god "supreme being, deity," from P.Gmc. *guthan (cf. Du. god, Ger. Gott, O.N. guš, Goth. guž), from PIE *ghut- "that which is invoked" (cf. Skt. huta- "invoked," an epithet of Indra), from root *gheu(e)- "to call, invoke." But some trace it to PIE *ghu-to- "poured," from root *gheu- "to pour, pour a libation" (source of Gk. khein "to pour," khoane "funnel" and khymos "juice;" also in the phrase khute gaia "poured earth," referring to a burial mound). "Given the Greek facts, the Germanic form may have referred in the first instance to the spirit immanent in a burial mound" [Watkins]. Cf. also Zeus. Not related to good. Originally neut. in Gmc., the gender shifted to masc. after the coming of Christianity. O.E. god was probably closer in sense to L. numen. A better word to translate deus might have been P.Gmc. *ansuz, but this was only used of the highest deities in the Gmc. religion, and not of foreign gods, and it was never used of the Christian God. It survives in Eng. mainly in the personal names beginning in Os-.
"I want my lawyer, my tailor, my servants, even my wife to believe in God, because it means that I shall be cheated and robbed and cuckolded less often. ... If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him." [Voltaire]
First record of Godawful "terrible" is from 1878; God speed as a parting is from c.1470. God-fearing is attested from 1835. God bless you after someone sneezes is credited to St. Gregory the Great, but the pagan Romans (Absit omen) and Greeks had similar customs.

RevRes
08-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Hmm. It's kinda like that time I noticed 2 wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left and then I knocked over my GB and killed my buzz by slicing my hand open.