PDA

View Full Version : man's right of correction

TSA
08-12-2008, 09:46 AM
i was watching that Steven Sigel movie with Screwface, the jamaican drug lord, i can't remember the name but i've watched more times then any movie in my life, it's a classic in my household.

but anyways in it Screwface goes

"The almighty jah has given I and I his right of correction...his hand...mmammamaalooossssaaaa"

(another jamaican:"mmammammaleessaasssaaa")

then holds up his voodoo staff and eyes it back and forth before saying
"And i have said, If a man hurts you, you must pay them back A THOUSAND TIMES!...babylon no give nothing to you, no.....take it!
TAKE IT!"

which caused me to think, does man have the right of correction if we are all equal and not to pass judgement

i mean with things like jail, court, the death penalty, whooping a niggas ass, and so forth.

the arguement jesus makes on the subject is that man doesn't have god's right of correction, or the right to judge or condemn anyone, only god does because if we were equals and i kidnap somebody, what makes me getting throw in jail not being kidnapped by the state whom itself is riddled with sin and crime like any other institution/person born by man? What gives a jury the right to take away somebodies freedom that they didn't initially give that person

your neighbor can't say "alright faggot, move out of your house" if you violate him or his property, because he had nothing to do with giving you that house, so why can man deny you of the freedom, or punish you, or make your life unpleasurable when they didn't give you that freedom and didn't give you that life?

diggy
08-12-2008, 09:42 PM
I love that movie. It's called "Marked For Death". I have it on VHS since 1991. Sometimes I watch it when I'm bored to reminisce.

Anyway I believe if one interferes with your life unwantedly and disrespectfully, you have the right to give them what they gave you.

Eye for eye, tooth for tooth - justice.

When someone does good to you, do good to them.

When someone fucks with you, fuck with them.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Steven Segal got roles in movies cuz he was connected with the Gambino
Family. no joke.

Visionz
08-15-2008, 06:15 AM
The fact is that it makes no difference if laws n' punishment is theoretically bullshit because at this point in human evolution without them might becomes right regardless of the reality of whatever given situation. It'd be best if all order came from the individual themself with no need for outside threat of punishment. We're just simply not there yet.

TSA
08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
^so very true, that how it was in ancient african societies except the empires, the law came from the person, and it makes sense too, if someones gonna do a crime they're gonna do a crime, and some ppl flat out wont
like if you give me a gun and point to a 7/11 i won't rob it, i just don't have that nature or have it in me.

I really don't think punishment or eye for and eyeness has moral standing at all cause all it is is vengence. Like the death pentalty, what gives the executioner the right to kill and not be killed? is he above humanity? the law?
and if freedom is god given like our constitution says what give a court the right to take it away? are they ordained by god?

diggy
01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
i was watching that Steven Sigel movie with Screwface, the jamaican drug lord, i can't remember the name but i've watched more times then any movie in my life, it's a classic in my household.

but anyways in it Screwface goes

"The almighty jah has given I and I his right of correction...his hand...mmammamaalooossssaaaa"

(another jamaican:"mmammammaleessaasssaaa")

then holds up his voodoo staff and eyes it back and forth before saying
"And i have said, If a man hurts you, you must pay them back A THOUSAND TIMES!...babylon no give nothing to you, no.....take it!
TAKE IT!"....

.... what makes me getting throw in jail not being kidnapped by the state whom itself is riddled with sin and crime like any other institution/person born by man? What gives a jury the right to take away somebodies freedom that they didn't initially give that person

your neighbor can't say "alright faggot, move out of your house" if you violate him or his property, because he had nothing to do with giving you that house, so why can man deny you of the freedom, or punish you, or make your life unpleasurable when they didn't give you that freedom and didn't give you that life?

Good question.

spiggity_ace
02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Like the death pentalty, what gives the executioner the right to kill and not be killed? is he above humanity? the law?
and if freedom is god given like our constitution says what give a court the right to take it away? are they ordained by god?

Great point, I wonder how all those people that have injected others, or pulled the switch on the electrocution of others feel after they do the deed.

diggy
02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
They probably have nightmares or they are just cold blooded killers themselves and have no feelings about it.

Dirty Knowledge
02-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Segal's gotta have knowledge of self.

diggy
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Segal's gotta have knowledge of self.

I heard he is a practicing buddhist.