PDA

View Full Version : Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Fatal Guillotine
08-12-2008, 01:53 PM
If in our daily life we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. This is the most basic kind of peace work.
-- Thich Nhat Hanh

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
-- Mahatma Ghandi

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
-- Confucius

It is better to live one day ethically and reflectively than to live a hundred years immoral and unrestrained.
-- Buddha

Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let us not beg for the stilling of the pain but for the heart to conquer it.
-- Rabindranath Tagore

A man becomes like those whose society he loves.
-- Hindu proverb

I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.
-- Lao-tzu

When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways -- either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.
-- Dalai Lama

At the end of the way is freedom. Till then, patience.
-- Buddha

STYLE
08-12-2008, 02:19 PM
"do or do not. there is no try."
yoda

Guarded By Martyrs
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah STYLE knows...

"Jugde Me By My Size Do You ?
And Well You Should Not...For My Ally Is The Force...And A Powerful Ally It Is"

--Yoda

"Water...Now You Put Water Into A Cup It Becomes The Cup
You Put Water Into A Bottle It Becomes The Bottle
You Put It In A Teapot It Becomes The Teapot...
Now Water Can Flow...Or It Can Crash.........Be Water My Friend"

--Bruce Lee

"Were We So Different ? They're A Young Species. They Have Much To Learn...
But I've Seen Goodness In Them...Freedom Is The Right Of All Sentient Beings"

--Optimus Prime

Mr. X
08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Prepare to be fucked by the long dick of the law!
-Officer Michaels, Superbad

A self-willed man obeys a different law, the one law I, too, hold absolutely sacred — the human law in himself, his own individual will.
-Bruce Lee

Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.
-Bruce Lee

A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything
-Malcom X

Ritter
08-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. :: Ernest Hemingway

The tragedy of war is that it uses man's best to do man's worst. :: Henry Fosdick

We make war that we might live in peace :: Aristotle

Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little :: Epicirus

War is nothing but a series of catastrophes that result in victory :: Georges Clemenceau

War quotes are my favorites ^

Guarded By Martyrs
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
"Thats Whats Wrong With All You Kids These Days...
Too Scarred To Take An Ass Whoopin' When I was A Kid All We Needed Was These.
You Win Some, You Lose Some. But You Live, You Live To Fight Another Day"

--Mr. Jones

"Ernest Hemingway Once Wrote :
[The World Is Wonderful Place And Is Worth Saving]
I Agree With The Scecond Part"

--Morgan Freeman (not sure what film it's from)

"Voilŕ!

In View, A Humble Vaudevillian Veteran, Cast Vicariously As Both Victim And Villain By The Vicissitudes Of Fate. This Visage, No Mere Veneer Of Vanity, Is A Vestige Of The Vox Populi, Now Vacant, Vanished. However, This Valorous Visitation Of A By-Gone Vexation, Stands Vivified, And Has Vowed To Vanquish These Venal And Virulent Vermin Vanguarding Vice And Vouchsafing The Violently Vicious And Voracious Violation Of Volition..............
The Only Verdict Is Vengeance : a Vendetta, Held As A Votive, Not In Vain, For The Value And Veracity Of Such Shall One Day Vindicate The Vigilant And The Virtuous. Verily, This Vichyssoise Of Verbiage Veers Most Verbose So Let Me Simply Add That It’s My Very Good Honor To Meet You, And You May Call Me V."

--V

Ritter
08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Don't tell me you memorized that shit. (V)

Guarded By Martyrs
08-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Hahahaha^

Nah man that would be plain wrong..

Although I know do know it from :

"The Only Act Is Vengence"

From the track : "Vakill ~ V"

Ritter
08-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Hahaha props ^

Vakill is sick.

Vendetta is a sick movie for sure.

HANZO
08-12-2008, 05:08 PM
"god must like crazy ppl, he creates soo many of them".
Afghan man from Rambo 3.

i like this convo:
Alp Arslan: "What would you do if I was brought before you as a prisoner?"
Romanus: "Perhaps I'd kill you, or exhibit you in the streets of Constantinople."
Alp Arslan: "My punishment is far heavier. I forgive you, and set you free."

classy.

Maccabee Ridah
08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

-Buddha

Guarded By Martyrs
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
"Who Do You Trust School Or All Of Us ?"

--The Holocaust (I couldn't help myself)

Marwan
08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
"A Sharks' eyes are 10 times more sensitive to light".....The Holocaust aka my Pops :)

Surreptitious
08-13-2008, 01:08 AM
"I feel bad for people who don't drink, when they wake up in the morning thats the best they're gonna feel all day"
Mark Twain

Surreptitious
08-13-2008, 01:09 AM
"action is far inferior to the discipline of understanding; so seek refuge in understanding- pitiful are men drawn by fruits of action"
Bhagavad-Gita

just_leroy
08-13-2008, 01:30 AM
"walk up 2 the incredible hulk like go against me"
- RZA

Ritter
08-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Never bring a sword into a gunfight :: Can't remember who said this, it was in a game. Can't remember which game, too.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-13-2008, 09:38 AM
"The Matrix Is Everywhere, It's All Around Us...
Even Now In This Very Room You Can See It When You Look Out Your Window...
Or When You Turn On Your Television.
You Can Feel It When You Go To Work...When You Go To Church...
When You Pay Your Taxes. It Is The World That Has Been Pulled Over Your Eyes To Blind You From The Truth.

--Morpheus

"The Body Cannot Live Without The Mind"

--Morpheus

Councillor Harmann : Down Here...
Sometimes I Think About All Those People Still Plugged Into The Matrix
And When I Look At These Machines I...
I Can't Help Thinking That In A Way...We Are Plugged Into Them.
Neo : But We Control These Machines - They Don't Control Us.
Councillor Harmann : Of Course Not. How could they ?
The Idea Is Pure Nonsense. But...It Does Make One Wonder...Just...What Is Control ?
Neo : If We Wanted, We Could Shut These Machines Down.
Councillor Harmann : Of Course. That's It ! You Hit It. That's Control, Isn't It ?
If We Wanted We Could Smash Them To Bits. Although, If We Did...
We'd Have To Consider What Would Happen To Our Lights, Our Heat, Our Air...
Neo : So We Need Machines And They Need Us, Is That Your Point, Councilor ?
Councillor Harmann : No. No Point. Old Men Like Me Don't Bother With Making Points...There's No Point.
Neo : Is That Why There Are No Young Men On The Council ?
Councillor Harmann : Good Point.

--The Matrix Reloaded

Detective Spooner : You Are A clever Imitation Of Life...
Can A Robot Write A Symphony ?
Can A Robot Take A Blank Canvas And Turn It Into A Masterpiece ?
Sonny : Can You ?

--I-Robot

beautifulrock
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
"It's true what they say: Cops and women don't mix. It's like eating a spoonful of Drano, sure it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you hollow inside." - Frank Drebin

"Just think, next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested." - Frank Drebin

"I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils." - Frank Drebin

"It's a topsy-turvy world, and maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans!" - Frank Drebin

"I'm sorry I can't be more optimistic, Doctor, but we've got a long road ahead of us. It's like having sex. It's a painstaking and arduous task that seems to go on and on forever, and just when you think things are going your way, nothing happens." - Frank Drebin

" ...blowing away a fleeing suspect with my 44 magnum used to mean everything to me, I enjoyed it, well who wouldn't?" - Frank Drebin

"I want a world where Frank junior and all the Frank juniors can sit under a shady tree, breathe the air, swim in the ocean, and go into a 7-11 without an interpreter." - Frank Drebin

"The truth hurts, doesn't it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!" - Frank Drebin

"Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?" - Frank Drebin

"This is Frank Drebin, Police Squad. Throw down your guns, and come on out with your hands up. Or come on out, then throw down your guns, whichever way you wanna do it. Just remember the two key elements here: one, guns to be thrown down; two, come on out!" - Frank Drebin

" Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." - Frank Drebin

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through." - Frank Drebin

"Cheer up, Ed. This is not goodbye. It's just I won't ever see you again." - Frank Drebin

Fatal Guillotine
08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
First, my people must be taught the knowledge of self. Then and only then will they be able to understand others and that which surrounds them. Anyone who does not have a knowledge of self is considered a victim of either amnesia or unconsciousness and is not very competent. The lack of knowledge of self is a prevailing condition among my people here in America. Gaining the knowledge of self makes us unite into a great unity. Knowledge of self makes you take on the great virtue of learning."------ Honorable Elijah Muhammad

A wise man sees failure as progress
a fool divorces his knowledge and misses the logic
And loses his soul in the process
obsessed with nonsense with a caricature that has no content-----Canibus

He who works like a slave, eats like a king- Rza

You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom----Malcolm X

I believe in the brotherhood of man, all men, but I don’t believe in brotherhood with anybody who doesn’t want brotherhood with me. I believe in treating people right, but I’m not going to waste my time trying to treat somebody right who doesn’t know how to return the treatment-----Malcolm X

A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself."
Malcolm X.

"Love of self comes first. The one who loves everybody is the one who does not love anyone."
Honorable Elijah Muhammad

The only protection against injustice in man is power.....physical, financial and scientific."
Marcus Garvey

Guarded By Martyrs
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
"I'd Rather Die Standing Then Live Kneeling"

--Immortal Technique

"I'd Rather Smile With The Sinners Than Cry With The Saints"

-- ?

One of the best threads I've seen.

HANZO
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
"I dont know what weapons they will use in WW3, but i do know what they will use in WW5. sticks and stones"

Einstein.

"when they created the metallic tube with a hole in it, thats when bravery died"

..???

(the tube with a hole in it is a gun)

Guarded By Martyrs
08-13-2008, 07:20 PM
"The Only Thing Faster Than The Speed Of Light Is The Speed Of Dark"

--Canibus

"Leonardo Da Vinci Developed An Early Firearm"

--The Robot Tank

Face of the Golden Falcon
08-13-2008, 10:11 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings...

From the Lion King:

Simba: Creepy little monkey. Will you stop following me? Who are you?
Rafiki: {In front of Simba, then right in his face.}
The question is: Whooo... are you?
Simba: {Startled, then sighing}
I thought I knew. Now I'm not so sure.
Rafiki: Well, I know who you are. Shh. Come here. It's a secret.
{He pulls Simba's head over to whisper into his ear.
He starts his chant into Simba's ear and laughs.}
Asante sana!
Squash banana!
We we nugu!
Mi mi apana!
Simba: Enough already. what's that supposed to mean, anyway?
Rafiki: It means you are a baboon-- and I'm not. {laughs}
Simba: {Moving away}
I think... you're a little confused. Rafiki: {Magically in front of Simba again}
Wrong. I'm not the one who's confused; you don't even know who you are.

From Return of the Jedi:

LUKE: I know, Father.
VADER: So, you have accepted the truth.
LUKE: I have accepted the truth that you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father.
VADER: That name no longer has any meaning for me.
LUKE: It is the name of your true Self, you've only forgotten...

Kamitic saying:
Rech Em Ab [Know Thy Self]

SHEM HETEP

beautifulrock
08-14-2008, 01:19 AM
"Don't mess with Texas" - A screw-up from Crawford that went on to become leader of the free world.

Ritter
08-14-2008, 02:13 AM
"Don't mess with Texas" - A screw-up from Crawford that went on to become leader of the free world.

Hahahahahaha.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-14-2008, 06:51 AM
"I'd Rather Die Standing Then Live Kneeling"

--Immortal Technique

Your typo has changed the meaning of that one!

Anyway.....

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."

Robert Anton Wilson

"...Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration and that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and you are the imagination of yourself. Here's Tom with the weather...!"

Bill Hicks (on wanting to see a positive drug story on the news)

"Imagine people calling you to find out if you're dead. I've led a real crazy life at times, and I've had many strange things happen to me, but that was one of the strangest."

Richard Pryor

"A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on."

William S. Burroughs

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

Hunter S. Thompson

Black Man
08-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Neely Fuller - Most white people hate Black people. The reason that most white people hate Black people is because whites are not Black people. If you know this about white peopole, you need know little else. If you do not know this about white people, virtually all else that you know about them will only confuse you.

Man Alone: Alienation in Modern Society - ...one of the most disturbing phenomena of Western culture has been man's sense of estrangement from the world he himself has made or inherited - in a word, man's alienation from himself and from others.

Herman melville - What is it that in the Albino man so peculiarly repels and often shocks the eye, as that sometimes he is loathed by his own kith andkin! It is that whiteness which invests him, a thing expressed by the name he bears. The Albino is a s well made as other men - has no substantive deformity - and yet this mere aspect of all-pervading whiteness makes him more strangely hideous than the ugliest abortion

Mark Twain: Mark Twain on the Damned Human Race - Nearly all black and brown skins are beautiful, but a beautiful white skin is rare. How rare, one may learn by walking down a street in paris, New York or London on a weekday - particularly an unfashonable street - and keeping count of the satisfactory complexions encountered in the course of a mile. Where dark complexions are massed, they make the whites look bleached out, unwholesome, and sometimes frankly ghastly.

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Why am I not surprised that your quotes are about race...

WARPATH
08-14-2008, 10:21 AM
There is already a thread like this.....

beautifulrock
08-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

Say my Love, i came to you with best intentions, you laid down and gave to me just what I'm seeking. - Dave Matthews

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star, in somebody else's sky, but why why why can't it be, can't it be mine. - Eddie Vedder

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once and a while, you could miss it."

Ferris Bueller on a day off.

beautifulrock
08-14-2008, 01:32 PM
"Rape me, Rape me my friend" - Kurt Cobain

"Someone told me theres a girl out there
With love in her eyes and flowers in her hair." - Robert Plant

"All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
Beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All thats to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon." - Floyd

LuckyTheWonderDog
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
^^ On that note...

"The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And everyday the paperboy brings more"

Maccabee Ridah
08-14-2008, 08:33 PM
"Life is nothing but a fog of animated death"

-Gravediggaz

Fatal Guillotine
08-16-2008, 02:10 PM
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.- Frederick Douglass

Vain are the beliefs and teachings that make man miserable, and false is the goodness that leads him into sorrow and despair, for it is man's purpose to be happy on this earth and lead the way to felicity and preach its gospel wherever he goes. He who does not see the kingdom of heaven in this life will never see it in the coming life. ----Khalil Gibran

Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.----Khalil Gibran

To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but what he aspires to. ---Khalil Gibran

The relation between the white and colored people of this country is the great, paramount, imperative, and all-commanding question for this age and nation to solve.---Frederick douglass

If you're not ready to die for it, take the word "freedom" out of your vocabulary.---Malcolm X

I believe in recognizing every human being as a human being, neither white, black, brown nor red.----Malcolm X

Once you change your philosophy, you change your thought pattern. Once you change your thought pattern, you change your — your attitude. Once you change your attitude, it changes your behavior pattern and then you go on into some action.----Malcolm X

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love.----Khalil Gibran

Fatal Guillotine
08-16-2008, 02:17 PM
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.
Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.
Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding. ---Lao Tzu

The universe is deathless; Is deathless because, having no finite self, it stays infinite. A sound man by not advancing himself stays the further ahead of himself, By not confining himself to himself sustains himself outside himself: By never being an end in himself he endlessly becomes himself.-----Lao Tzu

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. ----Lao Tzu

Fatal Guillotine
08-24-2008, 07:48 PM
A belief is a vivid hope or fear, and the origin of folly.
A wise person goes by knowledge, not hope or fear…

If we did not need duty and justice, loving relationships would form…
If we did not need ruse and profit, corruption and theft would disappear…
But such replies treat only symptoms, so they are not adequate.
People need personal answers.
Reveal your deepest self, embrace your original nature.
Constrain your self-interest,rein in your desire…

01 - "My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure."
-- Sir Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809–1892), in Sir Galahad, st. 1 (1842).

02 - "The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."
-- Sir Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809–1892)

03 - "When from our better selves we have too long been parted by the hurrying world, and droop. Sick of its
business, of its pleasures tired, how gracious, how benign in solitude." -- William Wordsworth

04 - "With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of
things." -- William Wordsworth

05 - "Come forth into the light of things, Let Nature be your teacher." -- William Wordsworth

06 - "Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." -- William Wordsworth

RevRes
08-24-2008, 08:21 PM
"The path to enlightenment is littered with the bodies of the ignorant."

"I know not with what weapons world war 3 will be fought, but I know world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

"History will ultimately judge Neo-Dawinism as a minor twentieth-century religious sect within the sprawling religious persuasion of Anglo-Saxon biology."

sakk
08-24-2008, 09:16 PM
work hard play hard

The Hound
08-24-2008, 10:03 PM
lol @ people just googling quotes ...

"SEX IST EIN SCHLACHT, LIEBE IST KRIEG"

THE MASON
08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Water follows the form of an angular or round container; it becomes either a drop or a great sea

Do not let your mind stand still, even when you are in repose

Let the mind sway peacefully, not allowing to stop doing so, even for a moment

Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply

Do not turn your back on the various Ways of this world

* All qoutes by Miyamoto Musashi *

HOSUKAYA7
08-26-2008, 10:31 AM
"Man. Move and let me pass, before imma have to be pullin' these HushPuppies out your Mother-Fucking Ass" - Dolemite

"Nothing Is True - Everything is Possible" - Principia Discordia

"Eat, Dance and be Happy" - ?? Old danish proverb? I dunno.

Prophet Picasso
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
"The cost of hating others is loving oneself less." - Eldridge Cleaver

"We live in a beautiful world, but the ugly souls are the ones pushing the buttons." - Black Ice

"Murder is the worst kind of pornography." - Stephen King

"He that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." - Jesus the Christ

"Boil your drinking water." - Noble Drew Ali

Fatal Guillotine
09-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Assumption Is The key to screw-ups- yours truly

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
09-21-2009, 08:26 PM
wutang is foreva - rza

zooruka
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
if someone slaps you turn the other cheek - jesus

love your neighbour as you love yourself- jesus

do unto others as you want them to do for you- jesus

peace be with you !

The Hound
09-21-2009, 11:53 PM
The only thing that kills the demon is love.

Death is part of a man's training.

:chef:

raging bull
09-22-2009, 12:21 AM
when someone asked sinatra about his connections to the mob, he said "they gave me a job when no one else would."

another one is jimmy stewart in rope, he says something like, "murder solves societies problems, like over population." that's just pure vintage hitchcock absurdism..i liked that quote

RALPH WIGGUM
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
if someone slaps you turn the other cheek - jesus

Turn the other cheek and Ill break your fuckin chin - The RZA

The Hound
09-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Give a man a gun, he thinks he is Superman. Give a man two guns, he thinks he is God.

Fatal Guillotine
11-12-2010, 01:20 PM
"I am an invisible man. No, I am not a spook like those who haunted Edgar Allen Poe; nor am I one of your Hollywood-movie ectoplasms. I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - and I might even be said to possess a mind. I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me. Like the bodiless heads you see sometimes in circus sideshows, it is as though I have been surrounded by mirrors of hard, distorting glass. When they approach me they see only my surroundings, themselves, or figments of their imagination-indeed, everything and anything except me."

Invisible Man

Ralph Ellison

Queen Of Poetry
11-13-2010, 08:45 AM
You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
Maya Angelou

Fatal Guillotine
11-13-2010, 09:01 AM
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.= Confucius

Fatal Guillotine
11-25-2010, 06:48 PM
up

Fatal Guillotine
12-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend." ~Lao Tzu

LORD NOSE
12-02-2010, 08:26 PM
mind your business and look where you're going - me

pro.Graveface
12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
dont know if it posted already or who made it but I got it from Wu-tang - Mystery of Chessboxing: The game of chess is like a swordfight You must think first before you move

pro.Graveface
12-03-2010, 09:13 AM
"You do not consist of any of the elements -- earth, water, fire, air, or even ether. To be liberated, know yourself as consisting of consciousness, the witness of these" : Ashtavakra

Poison Flowerz!
12-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Succeed, and you will have no need for ancestors! - Voltaire!

pro.Graveface
12-03-2010, 04:41 PM
"It is through your ignorance that all this exists. In reality you alone exist. Apart from you there is no
one within or beyond samsara." : Ashtavakra.

WARPATH
12-04-2010, 01:41 AM
“Hoka Hey! It is a good time to die!"

Tȟašúŋke Witkó

(Crazy Horse)

Fatal Guillotine
12-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Mencius said, "He who exerts his mind to the utmost knows his nature. He who knows his nature knows Heaven. To preserve one’s mind and to nourish one's nature is the way to serve Heaven. Not to allow any double-mindedness regardless of longevity or brevity of life but to cultivate one's person and wait for [destiny (ming: fate, Heaven’s decree or mandate) to take its own course] is the way to fulfill one’s destiny.

Fatal Guillotine
12-19-2010, 02:50 PM
We see that a man without the feeling of commiseration is not a man; a man without the feeling of shame and dislike is not a man; a man. Without the feeling of deference and compliance is not a man; and a man without the feeling of right and wrong is not a man. The feeling of commiseration is the beginning of humanity; the feeling of shame and dislike is the beginning of righteousness; the feeling of deference and compliance is the beginning of propriety; and the feeling of right and wrong is the beginning of wisdom. Men have these Four Beginnings just as they have their four limbs. Having these Four Beginnings, but saying that they cannot develop them is to destroy themselves.

Meng TZU

Fatal Guillotine
12-21-2010, 01:03 PM
"Words have the power to both destroy, and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world" -Buddha

Shogah
12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Look in the skies for God, what you see besides the smog
is broken dreams flying away on the wings of the obscene... - Talib Kweli

Fatal Guillotine
12-28-2010, 04:42 PM
"When we observe objective things like trees, clouds, the things outside of us, there is not only the space between the observer and the observed - the physical space - there is also the space of time. When we look at a tree there is not only physical distance, but there is also psychological distance. There is the distance between you and the tree, the distance created by the image as knowledge : that is an oak tree, or an elm. That image between you and the tree separates you.

But when the quality of the mind of the observer is without the image, which is imagination, then there is quite a different relationship between the observer and the observed. Have you ever looked at a tree without a single word of like or dislike, without a single image? Have you noticed what then takes place? Then, for the first time, you see the tree as it is and you see the beauty of it, the colour, the depth, the vitality of it. A tree, or even another person, is fairly easy to observe; but to observe oneself that way - that is to observe without the observer - is much more difficult. So one must find out who is the observer.

I want to watch myself, I want to know myself as deeply as possible. What is the nature, the structure of that observer who is watching? That observer is the past, isn't it? - the past knowledge which he has collected and stored up; the past being the culture, the conditioning. That is the observer who says, "This is right, this is wrong, this must be, this must not be, this is good, this is bad." So the observer is the past and with those eyes of the past we try to see what we are. They we say, "I don't like this, I am ugly," or "this I will keep." All these discriminations and condemnations take place. Can I look at myself without the eyes of the past? Can I watch myself in action, which is in relationship, without any movement of the past? Have you ever tried this? (I don't suppose you have.)

When there is no observer then there is only the observed. Please see this: I am envious, or I overeat, I am greedy. The normal reaction is, "I must not overeat", "I must not be greedy", "I must suppress", you know all that follows. In that there is the observer trying to control his greed, or his envy. Now when there is an awareness of greed without the observer, what takes place? Can I observe that greed without giving it a name, as "greed"? The moment I name it I have already fixed it as greed in my memory which says: I must get over it, I must control. So is there an observation of greed without the word, without justifying it, without condemning it? Which means, can I observe this thing called greed without any reaction whatsoever?

To observer is a form of discipline, isn't it? Not imposing any particular pattern, which means conformity, suppression and all the rest of it, but to observe the whole serious of actions without condemning, justifying or naming - just to observe. Then you will see the mind is no longer wasting energy. It is then aware and therefore it has the energy to deal with that which it is observing."

The Awakening Of Intelligence

~*J. Krishnamurti

Fatal Guillotine
12-28-2010, 04:43 PM
"Unless we have chosen the life of a hermit we will come into contact with other people in our daily lives and therefore be affected by their thoughts and behavior. First I am going to look at the problem of what I call 'passive negativity'. This is the form of negativity that is created by the thoughts, attitudes and behavior of people who are not intending to harm us or disturb us, but who are carrying around their problems and so will cause a reaction in our own emotions and feelings if we come into contact with them.

When your energy field comes close to another person's you absorb some of the energies of that person. If they are happy and cheerful this can give you a lift, but if they are depressed and downcast you will be affected by the negativity in their aura - it will move across into your own.

Self-Pity

This is the most draining of personality types to cope with. People who feel sorry for themselves are energy thieves. They will talk to you for hours and hours about their problems then leave you drained of energy. Of course, we all have bouts of self-pity in our lives but I am talking here of people who are perpetually looking for someone to listen to their woes. You will be able to identify them:

- They will tell you the same story over and over and over again, even when you have shown sympathy and
caring on each occasion.
- They rarely follow any of the advice you give them
- You hear them telling the same tales to every other person who is willing to listen
- They consider themselves to be victims of circumstances and show no indications that they are prepared to take responsibility for what happens in their life.

Sulking

Persistent sulkers are also energy thieves. Sulkers are usually looking for attention and are also very manipulative. Sulking is where a person who doesn't get their own way makes obvious signs to all around that he or she is upset. Sulkers only perform to audiences. Sulking is petulance. It is the behavior of self-absorbed people, because they don't care too much about the effect their behavior has on other people.

Egotistical behavior

This is the behavior of a person who wants the world to orientate itself around them. A person who believes they are important - not to be confused with one who knows themselves and accepts themselves for what they are, whether good or bad. Egotists tend to bore people with their own importance. They can be snobs. They are often selfish - considering only themselves. Egotists will not care for the feelings of others - they will be concerned with their own comforts and will want to win all arguments and have their way in all decision-making situations. You will know when you have met one - you will feel emotionally steamrollered.

Low self-esteem

People who have low self-esteem or little self-respect can be very draining. They will be constantly seeking approval and will have very little confidence. They may show signs of self-pity. They will often have secondary problems as a result of their own lace of self-love - they may have problems making decisions, develop eating disorders or other sicknesses, lean on those near to them for moral and emotional support, find it difficult to engage socially and be disinclined to join in group activities.

They can be so keen to gain approval that they may drive themselves too hard to reach an unattainable perfection. These traits will be quite trying for those around them, whether family members or work colleagues.

Fearfulness

Fear is a very negative emotion. It creates negativity like nothing else apart from hatred. An anxious and fearful person is difficult to live or work with because they will drain you of energy and will be reluctant to move forward in life. Their lives are limited by their fears and anxieties. They will often have love self-esteem and there is the chance that they will develop panic attacks, paranoia and other serious psychological and mental problems. Some fears arise from clear and obvious sources, others are unreasonable.

Smothering love

Smotherers seem to be full of care for you but in reality their love is overwhelming and suffocating - like a soft yet heavy and unyielding blanket. Their love is often conditional and manipulative ('Oh, don't worry if you can't come, I suppose I'll have to manage somehow', 'You wouldn't do this if you really cared about me') and can create feelings of guilt in the receiver. You feel guilty because you are not returning their love in the same all consuming way.

The person who tries to control and own a person in this way is lacking self-esteem and self-confidence and has either been treated in this way themselves or, more likely, has experience a lack of love. They are fearful of losing the person they are smothering - although their behavior is likely to make this happen.

Dithering

Ditherers are people who lack the confidence to make up their minds. They find it incredibly difficult to reach a decision because they are forever looking at all the alternatives. They are out of touch with their intuition and are letting fear stop them from listening to their inner self. Therefore all options feel the same to them, and they can't trust their feelings to help them make decision on what is right or wrong for them. Often they are worrying about the outcome and how it will be perceived in the eyes of others. Ditherers can be very infuriating and a trust test of your patience.

Unreliability

Unreliable people are frustrating to work with and annoying socially. They often cannot arrive on time and forget appointments and meetings. If you always keep people waiting it can come across as a lack of care and even as selfish - 'my time is more important than your time'. Very often unreliable people are not able to say no to anyone and overfill their lives. If someone regularly makes promises and forgets to fulfil them or otherwise doesn't perform they are also showing themselves to be careless of your trust.

Over-zealousness

This is not always necessarily a negative state - over-zealous people are often the 'movers and shakers' of the world and may leave a positive mark - they are often those that turn situations around and work with good causes. Still, their energy can be very graining for those who come in contact with them. They are often living in the fast lane and crash through our lives creating tidal waves of backlash energy. They can be 'wired', hyperactive chaotic and undisciplined and quite difficult to live with. They may also occasionally be egotistical.

In the same way that thoughts affect your energy, the intention to protect yourself will strengthen your energy field. There are a number of simple visualizations techniques you can use to preserve and protect yourself when you are in the presence of disruptive and draining energies.

The egg

This is a very simple but effective way to protect your aura and personal space from other people's emotional outbursts or negative thoughts. It takes only a few seconds to visualize. I suggest that you get into your egg whenever you encounter any of the energy types mentioned above, and also when you visit hospitals and other places where people are sick or needy.

- Imagine yourself stepping into a large egg. Step in through a doorway and close the door behind you.
- The egg has thick walls that keep out all negative emotions
- Know that these walls will protect you, and only love will come through
- Put as many windows as you wish into the walls of your egg
- If you are in an ongoing contentious situation then renew your egg every few hours. Otherwise visualizing it every morning will be fine.

An alternative to the egg is the bubble - a big, clear bubble around you that again keeps out negativity. You can see through it and positive energies can penetrate to you, but anything negative just sits on the outside and bounces back.

Healing Negative Energies

~*Anne Jones

Fatal Guillotine
01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Chapter 24- Tao Te Ching

He who stands on tiptoe is not steady.
He who strides cannot maintain the pace.
He who makes a show is not enlightened.
He who is self-righteous is not respected.
He who boasts achieves nothing.
He who brags will not endure.
According to followers of the Tao, "These are extra food and unnecessary luggage"
They Do not bring happiness.
Therefore followers of The Tao avoid them

Fatal Guillotine
01-08-2011, 09:05 AM
"Light" represents consciousness. When we do not understand a thing, we say that we must "bring it to light." If we are confused, we say that our process "needs more light." When a sudden idea reorders our thoughts, we say that the "light came on," and when a person is fully conscious, we say that he or she is "enlightened." When you release a negative thought, or a negative feeling, you release lower-frequency currents of energy from your system, and this, literally, allows an increase in the frequency of your consciousness.

You are a dynamic being of Light that at each moment informs the energy that flows through you. You do this with each thought, with each intention.

The light that flows through your system is Universal energy. It is the Light of the Universe. You give that Light form. What you feel, what you think, how you behave, what you value and how you live your life reflect the way that you are shaping the Light that is flowing through you. They are the thought forms, the feeling forms and the action forms that you have given to light."

The Seat Of The Soul

~*Gary Zukav

pro.Graveface
01-08-2011, 09:13 AM
it doesnt exist without darkness.
innerpeace is the key to control your surroundings

Fatal Guillotine
01-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Shogah
01-11-2011, 06:05 PM
"The beauty will save the world." - Fyodor Dostoyevski

"Only definition that can be applied to a human being is that it is a being that can get used to anything." - Fyodor Dostoevski

"A fanatic makes of his particular case a sacred law, a commandment from God. The History of religions (the prohibitions and taboos, kosher, etc.) is the extreme consequence of individual experiences." - Danilo Kis

"History is written by the winners. Stories are being told by the soldiers. Writers are the one who fantasize, but only death is certain." - Danilo Kis

Sham-iLL
01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
i am of that i am

Fatal Guillotine
01-15-2011, 12:55 PM
"We know through painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. Frankly, I have yet to engage in a direct action campaign that was "well timed" in the view of those who have not suffered unduly from the disease of segregation. For years now I have heard the word "Wait!" It rings in the ear of every Negro with piercing familiarity. This "Wait" has almost always meant "Never." We must come to see, with one of our distinguished jurists, that "justice too long delayed is justice denied."

We have waited for more than 340 years for our constitutional and God given rights. The nations of Asia and Africa are moving with jetlike speed toward gaining political independence, but we still creep at horse and buggy pace toward gaining a cup of coffee at a lunch counter. Perhaps it is easy for those who have never felt the stinging darts of segregation to say, "Wait." But when you have seen vicious mobs lynch your mothers and fathers at will and drown your sisters and brothers at whim; when you have seen hate filled policemen curse, kick and even kill your black brothers and sisters; when you see the vast majority of your twenty million Negro brothers smothering in an airtight cage of poverty in the midst of an affluent society; when you suddenly find your tongue twisted and your speech stammering as you seek to explain to your six year old daughter why she can't go to the public amusement park that has just been advertised on television, and see tears welling up in her eyes when she is told that Funtown is closed to colored children, and see ominous clouds of inferiority beginning to form in her little mental sky, and see her beginning to distort her personality by developing an unconscious bitterness toward white people; when you have to concoct an answer for a five year old son who is asking: "Daddy, why do white people treat colored people so mean?"; when you take a cross county drive and find it necessary to sleep night after night in the uncomfortable corners of your automobile because no motel will accept you; when you are humiliated day in and day out by nagging signs reading "white" and "colored"; when your first name becomes "******," your middle name becomes "boy" (however old you are) and your last name becomes "John," and your wife and mother are never given the respected title "Mrs."; when you are harried by day and haunted by night by the fact that you are a Negro, living constantly at tiptoe stance, never quite knowing what to expect next, and are plagued with inner fears and outer resentments; when you are forever fighting a degenerating sense of "nobodiness"--then you will understand why we find it difficult to wait. There comes a time when the cup of endurance runs over, and men are no longer willing to be plunged into the abyss of despair. I hope, sirs, you can understand our legitimate and unavoidable impatience. You express a great deal of anxiety over our willingness to break laws. This is certainly a legitimate concern. Since we so diligently urge people to obey the Supreme Court's decision of 1954 outlawing segregation in the public schools, at first glance it may seem rather paradoxical for us consciously to break laws. One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

Open Letter From Birmingham Jail

~*Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)

Fatal Guillotine
01-27-2011, 01:46 PM
In our country alone there are over a million men and woman – not even counting juveniles – in prisons. There are an estimated three million homeless people. Poverty is widespread, and fear is the national currency. People seek the security of love, yet at the same time they are isolated, alienated – even from themselves. Isolation and alienation are barriers, forces of division. What shatters these barriers is dialogue.

Even in a free democracy, the States always attempts to control dialogue – to decide for its own interests the limits of allowable discourse. In order to be heard, one must have wealth, power, influence, rank. It’s the same with the media. The media always quotes the same roundtable of "experts". Where are the voices of the poor, the excluded, the powerless? Absent those voices, absent a recognition of their worth, there can be no true dialogue, and thus no true democracy.

Objectivity in journalism is an illusion, a hollow word, yet it becomes so real to its perpetrators, who have been poisoned with the lie from the first day of journalism school, that they end up not believing in it,
but letting it form the whole foundation of their profession. It’s always been a great ideal, but in reality it’s misguided belief. And they end up using it to justify everything they do.

When you look at news today – I’m talking now about national network newscasts – it is astounding that what used to make the local news, if that, is now considered as having national importance. Local crime stories, especially the most lurid ones, become national news stories not because of anything extraordinary about them, but because that is the stuff that sells. It’s the old jingle: “If it bleeds, it leads.” They don’t feed the public pieces that stimulate intelligent thought, pieces that might make people talk or even ask questions about the fundamental relationships of power, rand, and status in this country. They’re more interested in sensation.

It’s almost as if the average newscast has been reduced and molded to fit Hard Copy or some other such show like that. The end product is trash, but it is trash that has been carefully designed to attract you emotionally, to touch you sensationally, to get you looking (but not thinking). It doesn’t provoke you or encourage to question the fundamentals. The real issues behind stories are often ignored. They’re not considered important enough to be raised."

Death Blossoms: Reflections from a Prisoner of Conscience

Mumia Abu-Jamal

Fatal Guillotine
02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Deeds done in harmony with ones path of life

are those which bring clarity and peace and harmony to the doer-

buddha

02-11-2011, 06:54 PM
"Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed at not understanding." - Chinese proverb

Fatal Guillotine
02-12-2011, 05:41 PM
"The man who has no imagination has no wings. He cannot fly."

Muhammad Ali

02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
"The man who has no imagination has no wings. He cannot fly."

Muhammad Ali
lol, 1 of the lamest quotes i ever read. Ali may be 1 of the greatest athletes of all time, but he wasn't/isn't quite the sharpest brother around.

02-15-2011, 11:58 AM
"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - Tony Montana

GuardianOne
02-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Chapter 24- Tao Te Ching

He who stands on tiptoe is not steady.
He who strides cannot maintain the pace.
He who makes a show is not enlightened.
He who is self-righteous is not respected.
He who boasts achieves nothing.
He who brags will not endure.
According to followers of the Tao, "These are extra food and unnecessary luggage"
They Do not bring happiness.
Therefore followers of The Tao avoid them

Not really into quotes hey, but this is the version from the scrolls i've always had:

"Nature did not intend one to stand firm on tiptoes ~ walk with long strides and you will not travel far ~ being opinionated one cannot reach enlightenment [ming] ~ one who justifies himself is not prominent ~ one who praises [fa] himself will gain no merit ~ he who takes pride [ching] in himself obscures his own growth [chang] ~ all these, according to the tao, are called “excesses of nature [yu te] and unnecessary actions [shui hsing],

The Tao Leader follows the way and does not dwell [ch’u]on them"

Chapter 24 TTC (400BCE) and became well known during 476 BCE to 221 BCE

Chinese - Chapter 24 of TTC:

http://www.duhtao.com/translations/chinese/tao24.jpg

Fatal Guillotine
02-16-2011, 09:07 AM
lol, 1 of the lamest quotes i ever read. Ali may be 1 of the greatest athletes of all time, but he wasn't/isn't quite the sharpest brother around.

this is your opinion

Wh0am3ye?
02-16-2011, 09:21 AM
"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"
Mark Twain

Fatal Guillotine
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. - Genghis Khan

LORD NOSE
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Death is Unnatural and Unnecessary - Sunny Winters

pro.Graveface
02-25-2011, 08:02 AM
2 in the name of 1 I shall be

Fatal Guillotine
02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
“Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.”- Chuang-Tzu

Luminous92
02-25-2011, 02:21 PM
"Until the lion is able to write it's own history, the hunter will always be the hero" ~ African proverb.

Fatal Guillotine
02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

Atisha (mahayana buddhism saying)

SL33
02-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Homer's Iliad:

Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.

The glorious gifts of the gods are not to be cast aside.

and my favourite:

"No man, against my fate, sends me to Hades'.
And as for fate, I'm sure no man escapes it,
Neither a good nor bad man, once he's born."

Fatal Guillotine
02-26-2011, 03:12 PM
i been want to get that book for a long ass time, never got around to purchasing it though

SL33
02-27-2011, 03:53 AM
i been want to get that book for a long ass time, never got around to purchasing it though

Buy it, you won't regret it. It's the essence of human civilization on Earth.

g_flex
02-27-2011, 08:00 AM
An eye for an Eye makes the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

Mumm Ra
02-27-2011, 09:39 AM
fuck em if they can't take a joke - "Bob"

if you act like a dumbshit, they'll treat you as an equal - "Bob"

I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of man that I'm preaching to - "Bob"

Fatal Guillotine
02-27-2011, 12:41 PM
The greatest ignorance is to seek our own amongst illusion...----a Fatal Guillotine originallllllllllll

02-28-2011, 02:13 AM
...long quote but a good one. From HENRY DAVID THOREAU's "Walden"...

Not long since, a strolling Indian went to sell baskets at the house of a well-known lawyer in my neighborhood. "Do you wish to buy any baskets?" he asked. "No, we do not want any," was the reply. "What!" exclaimed the Indian as he went out the gate, "do you mean to starve us?" Having seen his industrious white neighbors so well off — that the lawyer had only to weave arguments, and, by some magic, wealth and standing followed — he had said to himself: I will go into business; I will weave baskets; it is a thing which I can do. Thinking that when he had made the baskets he would have done his part, and then it would be the white man's to buy them. He had not discovered that it was necessary for him to make it worth the other's while to buy them, or at least make him think that it was so, or to make something else which it would be worth his while to buy. I too had woven a kind of basket of a delicate texture, but I had not made it worth any one's while to buy them. Yet not the less, in my case, did I think it worth my while to weave them, and instead of studying how to make it worth men's while to buy my baskets, I studied rather how to avoid the necessity of selling them.

Fatal Guillotine
03-02-2011, 10:25 AM
hetep pu

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

Bruce Lee

GTAsoldier
03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
"One God. One Aim. One Destiny." - Marcus Garvey

"Truth is: Everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

"I am not a politician, but I suffer the consequences." - Peter Tosh

"Christ has no body now on earth but yours." - St. Teresa of Avila

"A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything." - Malcolm X

"The future belongs to those who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

Fatal Guillotine
03-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
The Dhammapada

Fatal Guillotine
03-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Though one should conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, he who conquers his own self, is the greatest of all conquerers.
Self-conquest is, indeed, far greater than the conquest of all other folks.
Dhammapada v. 103, 104

JASPER BEARDLY
03-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Comes to mind, i think I'm a bit off on it

Donnie darko, what kind of name is that? It's like you're some super hero.

What makes you think I'm not?

pro.Graveface
03-10-2011, 11:21 AM
popped in when i logged out,
: 1 can only build a solid building, with the love for placing a brick!

PEACE

Fatal Guillotine
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Honi soit qui mal y pence

Undiluted Karma
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
an eye for an eye only makes the world bleed-mahatma gandhi, rip to one of the most pure and honorable men to exist.

pretty sure i already posted this but oh well,.

pro.Graveface
03-12-2011, 10:28 AM
the source of all is a Universal Consciouss of Self Illusion

Fatal Guillotine
03-13-2011, 09:26 AM
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein

pro.Graveface
03-19-2011, 03:47 PM
"Balance ya ego in self" Warcloud

03-19-2011, 04:09 PM
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein

Not trying to derail the thread but this is kinda funny coming from ol' Albert considering this:

Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity (http://www.suite101.com/content/einsteins-general-relativity-a17817) predicted that the universe is expanding (http://www.suite101.com/content/steady-state-and-big-bang-theories-a23667). Einstein did not believe this implication of his own theory, so he added a term in his equations that he called the cosmological constant.
This cosmological constant was basically a fudge designed and inserted into the theory for the sole purpose of keeping the theory from predicting that the universe is expanding.

APOLLO STASH
03-19-2011, 06:24 PM
"i know not with what weapons world war 3 will be fought, but world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones" - Albert Einstein

03-19-2011, 06:43 PM
"The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room" - Denzel Washington as Frank Lucas

APOLLO STASH
03-19-2011, 07:22 PM
"speak softly and carry a big stick" - Theodore Roosevelt

Fatal Guillotine
03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
In time of difficulties, we must not lose sight of our achievements.
Mao Tse-Tung

Shogah
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
"We make a living out of what we get, but we make a life out of what we give."

Gary Grice aka Gza the Genius

03-23-2011, 06:48 PM

What? When?

Clan Destine
03-24-2011, 12:49 PM
"Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil." - Stranger in a Strange Land, Robert Heinlein

beautifulrock
03-24-2011, 03:37 PM
"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..." - John McClane

Sense-A
03-24-2011, 04:39 PM
"there comes a time when silence is betrayal" -martin luther king jr.

dad
03-24-2011, 04:43 PM
"Swag... Wooo... Wooo.... Swag..." - Lil B The Based God

M3NTAL_Kat
03-25-2011, 09:48 AM
"I am truly free only when all human beings, men and women, are equally free. The freedom of other men, far from negating or limiting my freedom, is, on the contrary, its necessary premise and confirmation."

"Where there is authority, there is no freedom"

"Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit"

"We can do anything we like as long as it is UNIMPORTANT"

"You can't fight City Hall, but you can goddamn sure blow it up."

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."

Gitche Manito
03-25-2011, 02:49 PM
"Nobody wins unless everybody wins" - Bruce Springsteen

INF
03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
"way before my baby daughter Hailie ...." - Eminem

Fatal Guillotine
03-26-2011, 10:14 AM
One Learn man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshipers- Prophet Muhammad

Fatal Guillotine
03-29-2011, 11:14 AM
The path of the enlightened one leaves no track- it is like the path of birds in the sky.- The Buddha

Fatal Guillotine
04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small.

Lao Tzu

Fatal Guillotine
04-15-2011, 11:04 AM
God and Nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be. Follow always that great law. Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement.

marcus garvey

RzaRectum
04-16-2011, 04:00 AM

What? When?

If Gza ever said this, he was quoting Winston Churchill.

wt36
04-16-2011, 01:42 PM
science is your god & jesus is a has been - dez

Fatal Guillotine
04-16-2011, 01:51 PM
We are not here for happy material life, we are here for selfless service and shelter.
- Radhanath Swami

Shogah
04-16-2011, 05:50 PM
What? When?

He said it in some interview, i don't know if he was quoting churchill, but anyway great thought.

Shogah
04-16-2011, 05:55 PM
"Everyman dies, but not everyman really lives."

From movie braveheart

Fatal Guillotine
04-16-2011, 06:13 PM
To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction

Fatal Guillotine
04-19-2011, 09:52 AM
A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Fatal Guillotine
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
A gift of truth is the gift of love.
David Icke

Fatal Guillotine
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. I think that there is nothing, not even crime, more opposed to poetry, to philosophy, ay, to life itself than this incessant business.

Henry David Thoreau

Fatal Guillotine
05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

ratty mayonnaise
05-04-2011, 12:18 PM
The world is a dangerous place,not because of those who do evil,but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~ Albert Einstein.

"Why do we kill people who are killing people to show that killing people is wrong?"
~ Holly Near

Fatal Guillotine
05-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Trust cannot come unless one is honest.

-Radhanath Swami

05-07-2011, 06:48 PM
"Never open your mouth until you know what the shot is." - Al Pacino as Ricky Roma in Glengarry Glen Ross

Fatal Guillotine
05-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."
Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."
For the soul walks upon all paths.
The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.
The soul unfolds itself like a lotus of countless petals. - Gibran

Fatal Guillotine
05-11-2011, 10:11 AM
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.

che guevara

Fatal Guillotine
05-18-2011, 12:00 PM
All the world's a stage-Shakespeare

Fatal Guillotine
05-29-2011, 12:37 PM
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society".
Jiddu Krishnamurti

Fatal Guillotine
06-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Ignorance and a lack of willingness to educate one's self has been the direct cause of the current state of the human world.

Fatal Guillotine
06-28-2011, 09:20 AM
up

RzaRectum
06-28-2011, 11:08 AM
A man and his dildo are soon both broken.

Fatal Guillotine
06-29-2011, 09:01 AM
As a boat on the water is swept away by a strong wind, even one of the roaming senses on which the mind focuses can carry away a man's intelligence. (2.67) - Gita

Fresh
06-29-2011, 05:54 PM
it's all about the lessons you learn through your experience
applying it in a positive way, period

ratty mayonnaise
06-30-2011, 01:34 PM
"Make the most of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere." - George Washington, 1794

pro.Graveface
07-01-2011, 05:10 AM
"I take the soul from ya body and you loose controle"
Menes - BDZ

pro.Graveface
07-01-2011, 05:13 AM
every second is a lesson, experience brings know to da ledge, endless pitt of teachings is why vehiclez grow skywardz back to father,

god is love and love is god!

Shogah
07-01-2011, 06:32 AM
You see, gentlemen, reason is an excellent thing, there's no disputing that, but reason is nothing but reason and satisfies only the rational side of man's nature, while will is a manifestation of the whole life, that is, of the whole human life including reason and all the impulses.

Fyodor Dostoyevski

pro.Graveface
07-01-2011, 10:26 AM
"got words from the wise, let it drop" Gza

ratty mayonnaise
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Until t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Itz2ghPDiEY&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=SEVU-YLpM8A&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cHS44U6FDlo&hl=en) become (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=VVR6xL7fkaY&hl=en) Conscious (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=mXmz605GAnc&hl=en) t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=U8BWBn26bX0&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=XW3kpAbcwn4&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=MPw1i9dAJiQ&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=oDbBL9IFpCg&hl=en) w (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=yX-OkV_2z8A&hl=en)ill (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=AJjNFy_fAkE&hl=en) neV (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=FkHT5SJxmEI&hl=en)er rebel (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=97nAvTVeR6o&hl=en),
and until after t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=G8-F0LlvlRE&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6FX_84iWPLU&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tprMEs-zfQA&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=EsBfj6khrG4&hl=en) have rebelled (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1lfAFdlWFeA&hl=en) t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=QAvS0pc9NIw&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Us-TVg40ExM&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=4xjPODksI08&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fgWFxFg7-GU&hl=en) cannot become Conscious (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=P0tLbl5LrJ8&hl=en).

1984 (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=jN4x4wZtrn8&hl=en). George Orwell

RzaRectum
07-02-2011, 03:16 AM
I have to click those links.. but fuck, you got so many youtube vids hidden in there. One in almost every single letter of your statement..

Krusha
07-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Until t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Itz2ghPDiEY&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=UPw-3e_pzqU&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=SEVU-YLpM8A&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=cHS44U6FDlo&hl=en) become (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=VVR6xL7fkaY&hl=en) Conscious (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=mXmz605GAnc&hl=en) t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=U8BWBn26bX0&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=XW3kpAbcwn4&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=MPw1i9dAJiQ&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=oDbBL9IFpCg&hl=en) w (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=yX-OkV_2z8A&hl=en)ill (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=AJjNFy_fAkE&hl=en) neV (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=FkHT5SJxmEI&hl=en)er rebel (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=97nAvTVeR6o&hl=en),
and until after t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=G8-F0LlvlRE&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6FX_84iWPLU&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tprMEs-zfQA&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=EsBfj6khrG4&hl=en) have rebelled (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=1lfAFdlWFeA&hl=en) t (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=QAvS0pc9NIw&hl=en)h (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Us-TVg40ExM&hl=en)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=4xjPODksI08&hl=en)y (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fgWFxFg7-GU&hl=en) cannot become Conscious (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=P0tLbl5LrJ8&hl=en).

1984 (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=jN4x4wZtrn8&hl=en). George Orwell

Wave Twisters!

ratty mayonnaise
07-03-2011, 12:10 PM
I have to click those links.. but fuck, you got so many youtube vids hidden in there. One in almost every single letter of your statement..

hahah, the videos are sick!!
took me time to fix that quote.. :p

hope you liked the vids!!

wave twisters sounds sick

joe@itagain
07-09-2011, 11:00 AM
"Nuh..Nuh..NUUHHH!!!" - ODB

"Since no one really knows anything about God, those who claim they do are just trouble makers." - some Def poet

ratty mayonnaise
07-09-2011, 11:41 AM
I got 2 great videos i want to share.. well 2 speach's by amazing men

Charlie chaplins speach from the great dictator http://youtu.be/K75w6p7cKB8

and a David ickes speach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjYyyB2w9I4

both are immense, passionate, and resonate truth, as all quotes should.

PEACE.

WARPATH
07-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I got this off some facebook post.....

WHEN THE CROW ATTACK,WE SEND OUT OUR WOMEN TO FIGHT THEM, WHEN THE BLACKFEET ATTACK,WE SEND OUT OUR OLD MEN TO FIGHT THEM, ...BUT WHEN THE LAKOTAS ATTACK, WE PAINT OUR FACES AND PREPARE TO DIE"-CHIEF WASHAKIE-SHOSHONE

I can't find an original source, don't know if it was really said, but I liked it anyways.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Since by and large it wasn't my ancestors fighting your ancestors It's a shame you guys didn't do better against the settlers. You guys got fucked by bad luck. I mean if it wasn't for smallpox you guys would have had the numbers to buy enough time to modernize to maintain independence.

WARPATH
07-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Since by and large it wasn't my ancestors fighting your ancestors It's a shame you guys didn't do better against the settlers. You guys got fucked by bad luck. I mean if it wasn't for smallpox you guys would have had the numbers to buy enough time to modernize to maintain independence.

Don't worry there's still time to make babies, debate law, and play with computers.

ratty mayonnaise
07-25-2011, 10:09 AM
"Take no offense because that which offends you only weakens you. Being offended creates the same destructive energy that offended you in the first place. So, transcend your ego and stay in peace." ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer

Mumm Ra
07-28-2011, 08:42 AM
^ good one

“Unfortunately - the only person that can give up on you is yourself. That is why so many believe in a God that must Save them, because they have already given up on themselves.”
- Bernard Poolman

PANDA PISS
07-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Cool thread.

"My grandfather sold me this watch on his deathbed"
Woody Allen

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it"
Bill Cosby

"I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her"
Rodney Dangerfield

"He who laughs best today, will also laugh last"
Friedrich Nietzsche

"Bitches on my dick cos I look like J.K. Rowling"
Lil' B

ratty mayonnaise
07-29-2011, 05:10 AM
5yx9ZQJkNBk

Fatal Guillotine
07-31-2011, 04:12 PM
^interesting find

Aesop Chi Odi
07-31-2011, 08:03 PM
"The lion which kills is not the one that roars." Xhosa proverb

Aesop Chi Odi
07-31-2011, 08:12 PM
"When incompetent, never attempt to fool the intelligent. You'll only highlight your lack of proficiency further." - DJ 4th Wurld

Aesop Chi Odi
07-31-2011, 08:20 PM
"If you inherit a hill, you must climb it." Moorish proverb

Aesop Chi Odi
07-31-2011, 08:25 PM
"Do not argue with the contentious, nor provoke them with words. Pause before
those who interrupt and give way to those who verbally attack you. Sleep a
night before speaking. For the unrestrained person is like a storm which bursts
forth like a flame in a pile of straw." - Amenomope (pharaoh)

Aesop Chi Odi
07-31-2011, 08:28 PM
"Your failures in life come from not realizing your nearness to success when you give up." Yoruba (Afrikan) proverb

Fatal Guillotine
08-01-2011, 11:43 AM
"Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is the master of his enemy's fate.."

-Sun Tzu

Fatal Guillotine
08-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof We all must meet our moment of truth- GURU (RIP)

never allow someone to dictate what you should and what you shouldnt know, seek wisdom for yourself

Poison Flowerz!
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
"oh, you guys with worlds are in trouble!" - Horton Hears a Who

Fatal Guillotine
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.

Buddha

Fatal Guillotine
08-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Miyamoto Musashi -
- There is timing in the whole life of the warrior, in his thriving and declining, in his harmony and discord. Similarly, there is timing in the Way of the merchant, in the rise and fall of capital. All things entail rising and falling timing. You must be able to discern this.

Tao Mentality
08-30-2011, 01:34 PM
"The mistakes we make should not dishearten us, just as the victories we score should not make us forget our mistakes." - Amilcar Cabral Unity and Struggle

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
08-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Accept your faults, take responsibility for your actions and move on...Only then can you be the better person - G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.

Tao Mentality
08-30-2011, 07:23 PM
"A wise man seeks a friend, a fool seeks an enemy." The Book of Ankhsheshonqi

Tao Mentality
08-30-2011, 07:27 PM
If you do good to a hundred men and one of them acknowledges it, no part of it is lost. - The Book of Ankhsheshonqi

Tao Mentality
08-30-2011, 08:32 PM
The path of rebellion is a lonely one - The Nobel Eight

spiggity_ace
08-31-2011, 01:06 AM
Some are Hindus and others are Muslims; someone is lliifazi (ashiah=renouncer-follower of Ali) and another an Imam-Shafi (Sunni=adherent of the Prophet) but ye recognize all human race as one.
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Do not be rash in striking your sword on helpless, otherwise the Providence will shed your blood. (69)
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Fatal Guillotine
11-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Some are Hindus and others are Muslims; someone is lliifazi (ashiah=renouncer-follower of Ali) and another an Imam-Shafi (Sunni=adherent of the Prophet) but ye recognize all human race as one.
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Do not be rash in striking your sword on helpless, otherwise the Providence will shed your blood. (69)
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji

reminds me of something i read in Book Of Five Rings