Faith is the key to your cell door
Love is the key to your prisons gates
If you believe in yourself and have Faith
The love that GOD placed in your SOUL
Shall transcend your entire being
Love shall set you free

AMEN

=)

Sounds good, but you ain't sayin' nothin.

Faith in what is the key?
Love of what is the key?
Love of what/who shall set me free?

Kamil*Patryk*Mazur
08-17-2008, 03:00 AM
that is the point, you have the choice in what faith you choose, all leads back to good unless its a faith that is evil in nature.

Love oneself... Love God..

God Bless for reading. thank you. =)

Visionz
08-17-2008, 05:55 AM
wouldn't choosing a faith be the same thing as choosing religion? that would just be returning to what you profess to be a prison.

The reality is that religion is much like a sword. It only as good or bad as the person who's holding it. By saying that all religion is a prison is to pass judgement on those that are still locked up. I say if you find something that helps to make you a better person then go for it. After all you do realize what you're saying isn't something that can't be found in almost every religious text ever in some shape or another?

I do understand the need to shed labels as they are a means of justifying horrendous action and thought. I myself make no claims to any religion but at the same time I stay away from judging or condemning someone who believes in anything with a pure heart.

SID
08-17-2008, 07:17 AM
To some religion is salvation, salvation from loneliness,salvation from predjudice
and even a reason to keep living, so for that i respect religion

But for me i wouldent say it is a prison, its more like a young offenders unit, u serve a few years and get reformed or you become a even more major threat to soceity and freedom

Kamil*Patryk*Mazur
08-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I did not mean to sound judgemental at all but y'all have brought up great points. would it have better better if i simply asked who do you believe in?? what sets one free??

I love that description of it being a young offenders unit. i hope this topic keeps goingand going. we can dig really deep here. =)

TSA
08-17-2008, 10:54 AM
wouldn't choosing a faith be the same thing as choosing religion? that would just be returning to what you profess to be a prison.

The reality is that religion is much like a sword. It only as good or bad as the person who's holding it. By saying that all religion is a prison is to pass judgement on those that are still locked up. I say if you find something that helps to make you a better person then go for it. After all you do realize what you're saying isn't something that can't be found in almost every religious text ever in some shape or another?

I do understand the need to shed labels as they are a means of justifying horrendous action and thought. I myself make no claims to any religion but at the same time I stay away from judging or condemning someone who believes in anything with a pure heart.
everyone should shut the fuck up after this post. it's too real.

THE MASON
08-17-2008, 11:47 AM
[/QUOTE]
I do understand the need to shed labels as they are a means of justifying horrendous action and thought. I myself make no claims to any religion but at the same time I stay away from judging or condemning someone who believes in anything with a pure heart.[/QUOTE]

Word son, i agree with this. I never profess to be part of one religion, to each his own but dont use your faith as an excuse to perform vicious acts on humanity. The basis of most religions is to teach love, peace and happiness but the word of most holy textz have been twisted by men to get what they deem necassary (eg. fighting a war, gaining higher economic status). I agree that everyone should be free to practice there own faith without persucution but they shouldnt be aloud to preach it to everyone that isnt part of that one faith.

" Religion is a prison for the seekers of wisdom" - Killah Priest

TSA
08-17-2008, 11:53 AM
if Killah Priest was smart he wouldn't have gone from being connected to the greatest rap group of all time and getting free slot time on one of the greatest albums of all time to being a a blog writer.

a blog writer.

again, after visions posted this thread should have been closed.

RevRes
08-17-2008, 12:46 PM
This is objective reality, there are no personal truths.
There is no infinite universe, nature is mindless, entropy is all there is, the is no progressive evolution just a piece of glory fading into absolute nothingness.

Kamil*Patryk*Mazur
08-17-2008, 12:59 PM
why end a topic that can help us discover one another? the more we discuss the more we learn. but the question is whether there is a willingness to learn?? and what are we learning?? Is the ultimate truth of love the ability to see one another as true family connected through love. I know i may not be makeing much sense, for this i apologise. but i have much to learn and maybe even much to teach. we can eventually close this topic once our minds have overgrown it. but what will be next?

RevRes
08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
why end a topic that can help us discover one another?

Your means are less than noble. To promote personal truth is to promote something that is inherently wrong, empiricism as a school of thought is the only thing that is beautiful, it is not built upon human rationalism, but rather is a divine institution made from the laws and rules that govern reality.

Put into place by the immaterial causation/deity that set up the sequence of events leading to the most spectacular event to have ever happened in the explosion of the primeval atom and the creation of the quantum.

Anything that leads away from that is not only blasphemy, it's ignorance.

Is the ultimate truth of love the ability to see one another as true family connected through love. I know i may not be makeing much sense, for this i apologise.

no I understand you're frightened, that's a part of the human condition, the need to cling.

Love is a meaningless misfiring of neurons.

I however wish to escape this condition, to do so will free me, at least in mind.
Once I am released from the mortal coil, which is a form of bondage I never asked to be in to begin with, I will be free in body as well.

You and I are the end result of many symbiotic relationships going on at once, and while that may seem incredible these many factors acting in unity, it's really not.
Feces flowers same basic elements. Humans, worms same garbage, it's not you who is important rather the thought that went into the structure of you that is important.

Kamil*Patryk*Mazur
08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
i do not agree with your scientific view on love, at least to me it seemed like a scientific view. i of course may be wrong.

I still believe that love for one another as sisters and brothers will bring the much needed peace, but what i really want to know is why are we so divided?

diggy
08-17-2008, 10:16 PM
To promote personal truth is to promote something that is inherently wrong, empiricism as a school of thought is the only thing that is beautiful, it is not built upon human rationalism, but rather is a divine institution made from the laws and rules that govern reality.

Put into place by the immaterial causation/deity that set up the sequence of events leading to the most spectacular event to have ever happened in the explosion of the primeval atom and the creation of the quantum.

Anything that leads away from that is not only blasphemy, it's ignorance.

I however wish to escape this condition, to do so will free me, at least in mind.
Once I am released from the mortal coil, which is a form of bondage I never asked to be in to begin with, I will be free in body as well.

You and I are the end result of many symbiotic relationships going on at once, and while that may seem incredible these many factors acting in unity, it's really not.
Feces flowers same basic elements. Humans, worms same garbage, it's not you who is important rather the thought that went into the structure of you that is important.

Although I may not agree with everything you said, I like your view of things and I hope you continue to add important discussion.

RevRes
08-19-2008, 11:29 PM
i do not agree with your scientific view on love, at least to me it seemed like a scientific view. i of course may be wrong.

I still believe that love for one another as sisters and brothers will bring the much needed peace, but what i really want to know is why are we so divided?

I base my view on love within the realm of neuro-psychology.

Science as far as I am concerned is the only way of structuring a world view, anything else is delusion.

I have no feelings toward peace, other than to say if the cost of peace is my individuality and my solitude, that cost is too great.

I have no brothers or sisters and I'm glad, the less I have the more I can achieve my objectives without worry.

I also have no elders, no people and no culture.
All of those notions, expressions, feelings and sub categories are attempts to fabricate a purpose and identity.

I am not who my ancestors were, I am not the money I have or the things I've achieved, I am not a mother's son, I am not anyone's brother, I am an individual conscious which has arisen from several consequential actions.

And if I couldn't be ok with that, I would just kill myself, since that is a far more complex and meaningful purpose and identity than something man made.

I may be equal to others, but I'm still different.

Maggots and catipillars both crawl, butterflies and gnats may both fly, but regardless of the functions they have achieved through life, they are different and no one would ever mistake one for the other.

One flies alone and displays many colors triumphantly, the other stays with the swarm because it has no concept of life without the help of a larger system.

In their larval stages one makes it's home in a corpse, the other a tree..
Sometimes that corpse is the rotting core of a civilization that has no sense of reality and that tree is the tree of knowledge, which is pure and full of new things to come.

If that helps you understand any..

Visionz
08-20-2008, 12:09 AM
I base my view on love within the realm of neuro-psychology.

Science as far as I am concerned is the only way of structuring a world view, anything else is delusion.

I have no feelings toward peace, other than to say if the cost of peace is my individuality and my solitude, that cost is too great.

I have no brothers or sisters and I'm glad, the less I have the more I can achieve my objectives without worry.

I also have no elders, no people and no culture.
All of those notions, expressions, feelings and sub categories are attempts to fabricate a purpose and identity.

I am not who my ancestors were, I am not the money I have or the things I've achieved, I am not a mother's son, I am not anyone's brother, I am an individual conscious which has arisen from several consequential actions.

And if I couldn't be ok with that, I would just kill myself, since that is a far more complex and meaningful purpose and identity than something man made.

I may be equal to others, but I'm still different.

Maggots and catipillars both crawl, butterflies and gnats may both fly, but regardless of the functions they have achieved through life, they are different and no one would ever mistake one for the other.

One flies alone and displays many colors triumphantly, the other stays with the swarm because it has no concept of life without the help of a larger system.

In their larval stages one makes it's home in a corpse, the other a tree..
Sometimes that corpse is the rotting core of a civilization that has no sense of reality and that tree is the tree of knowledge, which is pure and full of new things to come.

If that helps you understand any..though I don't share your world-view I respect where you're coming from.

Question though,

when you arrive upon this conclusion what exact meaning and purpose are you referring to? As far as I can tell you've only stated where your purpose hasn't orgininated from. Does it lie only in the pursuit of knowledge?

Kamil*Patryk*Mazur
02-01-2009, 11:46 AM
ok rev.. let me put it this way, one time takes your last breath, what traces of love and good will you have left behind as rememberence in this world?

Do you love your self?? do you love others?? Do you love Life??

Do you fear death??

Lif u answered no to any of these then i do not believe the rev in your name is that of a revrend... the res may or may not ressurect ya...

Now of these words are meant threatingly. just words of FREEDOM

Free-Dom(ination) ?

wat tries to dominate the free???

Evil... so just think good and do good and you'll be walking the path of the LIGHT.

I struggle with my own advice too but i'm just a messenger of the immortal =)

" Bless the real all the rest get killed " - Makaveli aka *Shining* Serpent Thankful to GOD

oDoUoSoKo
02-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Religion=Faith (as we know it now)

Kamil*Patryk*Mazur
02-01-2009, 07:21 PM
it may seem brain washed my previous post, but i do not denouce, as time passes i discover more.

This science we all value..... evantually it may clone ones physical body... maybe even ones memories....

But one cannot clone the spirit....

Checkmate

Koolish
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM

"hey girl, you know, whenever i'm around you my neurons misfire"

i don't get how apathy can be considered more rational, when emotions are the only things that are really real.

what you seek does exist, and it's classified as a mental disorder (depersonalization).

Charles Barry
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
ok rev.. let me put it this way, one time takes your last breath, what traces of love and good will you have left behind as rememberence in this world?

Do you love your self?? do you love others?? Do you love Life??

Do you fear death??

Lif u answered no to any of these then i do not believe the rev in your name is that of a revrend... the res may or may not ressurect ya...

Now of these words are meant threatingly. just words of FREEDOM

Free-Dom(ination) ?

wat tries to dominate the free???

Evil... so just think good and do good and you'll be walking the path of the LIGHT.

I struggle with my own advice too but i'm just a messenger of the immortal =)

" Bless the real all the rest get killed " - Makaveli aka *Shining* Serpent Thankful to GOD
Like the original poem, the words are empty. Why should anyone fear death?

Visionz
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Fearing death and fearing sunrises are about equal in nature

Charles Barry
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Basically.

Visionz
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Basically.

its the inevitable either way, if people are scared of death then they should change the way they're living.

Kamil*Patryk*Mazur
02-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I like how you compared death to sunrises. Death can in a sense be checkout time and time is something man has tried to calculate, extend and ultimetly control, but it cannot be done. The gift of life is haveing the ability to affect time.

I believe that in the end, we answer to (h)Our maker.... I was raised a roman Catholic.... i have had experiences with those beyond the grave one could say. These experiences lead me to never fear death for its only natural to face it... eventually.

I just wanna do as much good as long as i'm breathing.

The greatest day in my life came from prayer... there is something in serving the entity behind/infront of all existence.

Bless

=)

Charles Barry
02-07-2009, 01:02 AM
I like how you compared death to sunrises. Death can in a sense be checkout time and time is something man has tried to calculate, extend and ultimetly control, but it cannot be done. The gift of life is haveing the ability to affect time.

I believe that in the end, we answer to (h)Our maker.... I was raised a roman Catholic.... i have had experiences with those beyond the grave one could say. These experiences lead me to never fear death for its only natural to face it... eventually.

I just wanna do as much good as long as i'm breathing.

The greatest day in my life came from prayer... there is something in serving the entity behind/infront of all existence.

Bless

=)
What is your ethnicity?

LORD NOSE
02-07-2009, 01:28 AM
religion is a prison for those who get locked up in it
its also a very big money making machine

TheBoarzHeadBoy
02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
What does his ethnicity matter? Physical shells are but distractions from the true soul.

What do we think the meaning of life is?

Here's my rough purpose of life.

To make the best use of my soul (personality) to touch as many other souls as possible. Preferably in a positive way, but that's up to them to decide. To be content in living and that being enough. We don't deserve an afterlife, that kind of thinking is sad. Live this life to its fullest, but always try to have a positive effect on others. Like make yourself happy, but don't do it at the expense of others. You have to strike a balance between helping others and helping yourself. I fall really short of this, and it really gets to me, but at this point I'm not sure I can do so, I just pray (to myself, prayer is a tool of meditation) at times that I'm going to be able to embrace my own beliefs and fulfill my desire to be kind to people regardless. Being selfless is no good, as is being selfish. I'm somewhere towards selfish and I can't stand that, but I'm not man enough to sacrifice my own comforts to give them to others. I'm not a terrible person, but in my heart I feel a far way from being a good one. I just can't help myself, I'm a mild hedonist, and whenever I reflect on that I feel worthless and that I'm not doing enough, but when it comes down to it and I'm in a situation where I could be nice to someone I feel a compulsion of embarrassment and I can't over come it. So instead of saying something that could change a person's day I either stay silent or say something stupid that makes it worse out of a fear of sounding too sympathetic. God the more I write this the more fucked I feel. I always feel like a dick, and yet I can't help myself or even more extreme counter it with something nice.

But that's ultimately just scratching the surface of why I feel like a tool most of the time. It gets even more convoluted when people laugh at my remarks. If no one enjoyed them I wouldn't say things, but I still do, and I don't think it bothers anyone which irks me even further.

Charles Barry
02-08-2009, 12:01 AM
What does his ethnicity matter?It doesn't, I'm just curious.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Religion is a prison.

Faith is a trap.