PDA

View Full Version : The Dawn Of The Black Sunn

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Peace ya'll...just wanted to stop by and let ya'll hear this tape I've been working on...all feedback is appreciated and encouraged.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/suntzulive/blacksunnfront.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/suntzulive/blacksunnback.jpg

http://www.zshare.net/download/17364170a1faa53b/ (http://www.zshare.net/download/17364170a1faa53b/)
DOWNLOAD "THE DAWN OF THE BLACK SUNN" NOW!

THE DAWN OF THE BLACK SUNN

1. Dawn (prod. by Varan)
2. Black Sunn Rising (prod. by Varan)
3. What Will Be (prod. by Blunderous)
4. Black Gangsta (prod. by J. Slikk))
5. Sum Luv (feat. 810) (prod. by Varan)
6. Time To Spare (prod. by Varan)
7. Monstas (feat. Student Of Battle & Graveyard Shifter) (prod. by Varan)
8. A Prayer (Save Us) (prod. by Varan)
9. Speed Of Death (prod. by Complex)
10. Ghetto Noir (prod. by No1r)
11. Dreaming On (feat. 810) (prod. by Mydus)
12. S3 (prod. by Varan)
13. Hate Me (prod. by Varan)
14. Eclipse (prod. by Complex)
15. Black One Shine (prod. by Mydus)
16. Wonderful World (prod. by Crippled Chemist)
17. Still Pain (Bonus Track) (prod. by Crippled Chemist)

You can find out more and listen to some of the tracks on my myspace & soundclick

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1
http://www.soundclick.com/theblacksunn

PEACE

12weLvE
08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
We had our differences, but good music is good music right??

Been bumping it for the last hour... Very solid lyrical performace... Also sick song writting. Major props to Wu-corp members who put in work...VAran crazy on the boards... Complex, Shifter and 810 delivered also.

The must listens (IMO)

What Will Be - My favorite joint on here.
Black One Shine
Black Sunn Rising --- Varan flipped this shit like Dilla on his Prime...great song.
Dreaming on
Eclipse -- Feeling the hook the most.
Hate Me - Cats be sleeping on the love chamber... Enjoyed
Monstas - One of the most raw tracks on the album.
Time to Spare - Another gem.

Overall it was a great listen... ipod worthy... And again Varan and Sun Tzu go together like Peanut butter and jelly lol.

PEace

DEVAMPS
08-21-2008, 11:42 AM
ayoo PROPS this is hot man im feelin this alot- WONDERFUL WORLD is incredible

PEACE

Sleep Sinatra
08-21-2008, 11:52 AM
yo this joint is real hip hop, RESPECT straight up love the feel for this shit,PROPS

INF
08-21-2008, 11:54 AM
thanks for the DL.

MF Herbs
08-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Who did that wack cover? lol..

MF Herbs
08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
We had our differences, but good music is good music right??

Been bumping it for the last hour... Very solid lyrical performace... Also sick song writting. Major props to Wu-corp members who put in work...VAran crazy on the boards... Complex, Shifter and 810 delivered also.

The must listens (IMO)

What Will Be - My favorite joint on here.
Black One Shine
Black Sunn Rising --- Varan flipped this shit like Dilla on his Prime...great song.
Dreaming on
Eclipse -- Feeling the hook the most.
Hate Me - Cats be sleeping on the love chamber... Enjoyed
Monstas - One of the most raw tracks on the album.
Time to Spare - Another gem.

Overall it was a great listen... ipod worthy... And again Varan and Sun Tzu go together like Peanut butter and jelly lol.

PEace

thanx fams.. But these are all sun.. I would do beats and let em peep for opinions.. this cat turn around and make em joints lol.. :note the quality on some of em lol: But I'm diggin the tape fam.. You did a dope job.. Peace to the cats on it.. Black Gangsta my favorite joint.. Mydus is my dude, mad offical.. respect..

singodsuperior
08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
ill shit sunn keep it up fam

08-21-2008, 03:53 PM
gud work

INF
08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
You should Advertise this as "REAL MUSIC for REAL PEOPLE"

...I needed something like this to bump today for real. Last night I snapped. I cant stand no more bullshit from myself or anybody else. Its over.

This is the perfect soundtrack for that type of moment.

Thanks for that.

As always tha realest talk...

EDIT _ As for the product though - Shit is mad official. EQ is nice. Cover is Ill (hope I can get one of them covers when I'm ready to call for one). Everything is tagged. This is a great DL. "A" material all around.

I dont have a favorite track just yet.

KERZO
08-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I'll check this out tomorrow cos it's late and i can barely keep my eyes open :dududu:

D-Infinite
08-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah for real. Putting the creative differences from the Wu Corp Lo-Fi tape aside, this shit is mad banging. What is so good about this album is that you have a good ear for beats to have a consistent sound...you didn't just pick any random producers and leave it with a tossed together sound like a mixtape, it has this cohesive feel with a bit of a soulful touch...the SP brothers Complex and Varan come strong as ever.

Like i said before man, differences aside, this is definitely a strong release, you clearly have plenty of talent, keep elevating. Peace, 1.

08-21-2008, 09:35 PM
no doubt ya'll appreciate the feedback, when i make music i just wanna reflect my every thought in every way possible...to me music is life u know?

but i definitely appreciate the feed for real...even if some of us have had differences

please spread the word on this for those people you know share a like mind

D-Infinite
08-22-2008, 12:37 AM
Yo Sun, i'll drop a track by track review as soon as possible aiight man?

If you're down with that, of course.

Really feeling this, went straight to my I-Pod, been playing it all day.

Peace 1

IronFingaz7
08-22-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm going to check this out for real.

P.E.A.C.E.

IronFingaz7
08-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Just finished peeping this, my favorite joints are:

Black Gangsta
Sum Luv
Time to Spare
Hate Me
Eclipse
Wonderful World
Still Pain

Good shit, yo. For real. Keep bring that shit.

P.E.A.C.E.

num2son
08-22-2008, 09:19 AM
I liked the album

INF
08-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Ahahahaha @ Sum Love....I remember when we battled with that sample. Nice one.

08-22-2008, 07:29 PM
any review is appreciated

also if ya'll could tell me the top 5 songs from the tape that would be helpful

num2son
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Top 5

1. S3
2. Eclipse
3. Still Pain
4. Black Sunn Rising
5. Dawn

Memory Man
08-23-2008, 05:27 PM
shit sounds real nice. varan's beats are dope.

GameOfDeath
08-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Aight I heard the preview tracks and had to check the full product. I'm listening in a alphabetical order because thats how it started when I hit play.

Prayer is cool deep 404 sound. Your flow rides the beat well. Mixes are sick. Writing is deep on the contemplative slant. I feel this. Black Gangsta got a sick loop I heard this sample before great beats so far. I'm feelin your vocal tone on the beats. Smooth easy to listen too. Damn the bass line on Black One Shine is crazy! Definitely get a conscious vibe from the album really needed now. Its a refreshing vibe. Black Sunn Rising amazin beat sounds like a walk down the block on a sunny day and the lyrics are "so refined I'm defined as a true class act." Sound natural on the track. I'm feelin the tracks when you kinda introduce people to you backs up the concept of the dawn. "I write raps to relieve my stress" "I have these dreams and potentials some words and instrumentals a pad and a pencil...connections are essential." Just natural flow real spit. Props to 810 he holds it down. I actually would like to have had this hook without the cursing I mean this sounds like it needs to be on the radio today.

Eclipse kinda changes the flow a bit but still got the same type of sound. I'm feelin the flow on this. Hooks on point. Track is thorough. I thought this sounded like a Complex beat. Sure enough. Ghetto Noir is an impressive display of versatility. The first opening bars pull you in. Hate Me keeps it uplifting. Monstas sounds out of place to me SOB and Graveyard Shifter hold it down 100% but the track just doesn't do anything for me could've been cut wouldn't have missed it. S3 I can also say is not doing anything for me. I don't think this beat is as ill as the others and the rhymes are only as good as the others. Speed of Death is amazin beat liking the intro. Plex laid the beat nicely. "Steadily we decline until eventual doom" felt this. Time to Spare has smoke coming out the speakers. Fire. "I posterize little guys" What Will Be isn't on the same height level to me rhyme wise. Wonderful World ks amazin maybe I'm pulled by the beat but the rhymes are so smooth.

From front to back this album is impressive. The writing beats and mixing puts it on that level of a real ill debut. The future is bright you really have a sound that should be heard. I got to give it up to all those involved in putting this together.

08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
no doubt thx for the feedback, i appreciate it all

when u get time, peep the album in order it flows together much better that way, but i appreciate ur thoughts

GameOfDeath
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM
I listened again in the right order and it didn't change my thoughts. Strong lyrics positive vibes got a lot of personality to it. Sounds different than most everything out. Really strong product.

Favorites would be

Time to Spare - Uplifting.
Speed of Death
Ghetto Noir - Most interesting writing.
Hate Me
Wonderful World - ill.

INF
08-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Here are the 5 most Fire TRacks

A prayer - Fuckin A. LOL

Black Sunn Rising - damn straight

Sum Luv - like whoa

Speed of Death - still bangin

Black one Shine - take me back back back

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now ...there are some tracks (like 4 of em or so) that are too high on the treble. Black one shine is one but its so soulful that I excuse it. Monstas is another one thats too high on the treb and Black Gangsta was the worst when it came to that.

Dont get it twisted though , these are all top notch joints. The album is still tight. Still bangin.

Complex
09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
u already know what it is fam... the tape came together too ill, honestly all the tracks is live in they own way, u stayed consistent wit it... tracks like sum luv, black sunn rising, eclipse, monstas you definately shine on, you eons ahead of ya time sunn... real talk... shout to va.....nuff spec due.....

09-02-2008, 04:50 PM
no doubt yo thanks for the love

D-Infinite
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
At the moment, after listening to this a few times, i'ma just review my favourite tracks.

Black Sunn Rising - amazing beat by Varan, classic SP effect that gives it that amazingly raw yet soulful sound. Sun, you ride that beat like no tomorrow, your flow hits on and doesn't let up. Lyrics are deep and on-point always, quotable central bro. All round amazing track.

Eclipse - real uplifting, the chorus is inspirational and again you come VERY tight on the lyrics fam. Seems as an MC you have elevated to introspection and perspective raps, social commentary on yourself especially. Complex...well...he never ever ever fails to come wicked on the beat, and yet again he doesn't disappoint.

Speed Of Death - now THIS is what i am talking about. Some of the lines in this had me thinking for days on end. A real mental track, lots of hypothetical knowledge on here, metaphors are mind-blowing and flow is on point and ICE COLD. The beat is so eerily fitting...has this creepy sense of ghosts and spirits flying around on a dark night, on a lost journey. Effects are on point, Plex is jaw-dropping with the atmosphere and compliments you perfectly.

I'll see if i can review a few more tracks later on.

Peace fam, keep elevating and producing amazing music like this. 1

Shitao
09-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Really consistent work Sun. Not a skippable track. Dope prods and really impressive mcing. The mix quality is here and the tape have made my last weeks.

My top5:

Time to spare
Wonderful World
Hate me
Black one shine
Ghetto Noir

INF
09-30-2008, 01:12 PM
CANT believe this WAS FREE!!!!!!!

Sinapse
09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
This was ill man...the beats are all perfect for you, some real slick smooth sounding conscious shit...writing is real good...i'll be listening to this some more, but my fav joints so far are:

What Will Be
A Prayer
Dawn
Hate Me
Wonderful World

food for thought
10-11-2008, 08:55 PM
yo, shit sounds ill on the mysppace. black one shine is that joint.

bout to download immediately...

White_Mouse
10-11-2008, 10:12 PM
cover is dope man, i'll give this a listen as soon as i can, in the meantime check out my project and leave some feed @
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64169
if you want to wait till i leave you feed though that makes sense lol

White_Mouse
10-12-2008, 12:50 AM
throughout the album you serve as a conscious voice, this is dope because even though your subject matter and shit varies you have a conviction and a message, i felt like some of the beats fell a little short by my fav is ECLIPSE, dope, banger track for me and then shit just fell into place, the tape is already growing on me, i need to talk with you more about some stuff i'm working on as far as this game goes, let's build fam

Ritter
11-26-2008, 03:20 PM
The link keeps sending me to back to the "Download Now" page after I've clicked the click here to download.

Can anyone re-up on rapidshare?... I wanna hear this