PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 09 vs PES 09

The Hound
08-30-2008, 07:53 PM
which will you be getting?

gRT21M9HYAM

PES last year sucked massive balls ... and fifa as the video suggests still score too many goals from through ball passes between the two centre backs ...

i like how PES gameplay seems to be faster and you have 100% direction and not that choppy stop start when making sharp movements ... apparently they've got the champions license ... but FIFA has so much more ... + bundesliga and a-league ... i didn't give much play to fifa but i gave PES one go and it was shit ... definately try before i buy this year

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-31-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm waiting for my Dog [a.k.a. PES]

Ritter
08-31-2008, 03:45 AM
Pes.

Fifa is shit. Too close-minded if you will.

The Hound
08-31-2008, 03:55 AM
PES hasn't made shit good since PES 6 though ... the last 2 were utter garbage and to EA's credit they're bridging the gap ... PES isn't an automatic purchase for me like it used to be ... they've become settled on their growing fanbase rather than keeping it real like the old games catering to the hardcore gamers crying out for an alternative

Ritter
08-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Last PES was great, I mean it was the same as the one before, it's always the same as the one before. However, FIFA uses a bad formula, and isn't as good when it's the same as the last one.

Fifa is too dumbed down. You can score from 4 different positions:

A header, a sitter, a 20-yarder and a penalty.

In Pes, you can score from most unusual positions, and the physics of the ball is almost perfect.

The Hound
08-31-2008, 05:04 AM
yeah fifa is the same old same old ... play 5 games in a row and you'll win the same way ... but the last PES was horrible ... i got high expectations of PES as i've played them all and 3,4,5 were fucking great and 6 got alot of replay though a small step back

although it's elementary because if bayern aren't in it i won't buy it ... i've read a few lists on forums where bayern is supposed to be in that Team A,B,C bullshit ...

Ritter
08-31-2008, 05:34 AM
Yeah, I hear you. But when I'm in a need of playing a football game, I'm taking PES over FIFA.

Although those license problems annoy me.

I hate it when they name Liverpool "Merseyside Red", and half of the national teams have those fake names.

Maccabee Ridah
08-31-2008, 07:23 AM
Tho' their is some advantages of PES, I'm still down for Fifa! Have been playin it from Fifa 97/8 to this day!

P.E.A.C.E.

Dale Clayton
09-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Fifa it is. I've never really been a winning eleven fan and their lack of authenticy has always bothered me and last years edition had the worst online play, totally worthless online support. And in the end, you can only play for so long againt cpu opponents before you get bored with it.

Fifa 08 is a very very enjoyable game, especially when you play against friends or online and 09 looks like it will be a greatly improved version of 08.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-01-2008, 03:42 PM
U can fix those team names and player names over the net in like 5 minutes.

Ritter
09-01-2008, 03:46 PM
True ^

Dale Clayton
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Are you talking about the PC version or consoles?

Anyway, somewhere next week the Fifa 09 demo will be out and I know for sure it will be awesome!

Rame
09-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Fifa.

Won't be copping though since I don't really play soccer games.

JASPER
09-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Kick ass!!

The Hound
09-18-2008, 09:46 PM
anyone download the fifa 09 demo? ... i've heard it's more like euro 08 than fifa 08 ... having not played euro 08 i was told that games gameplay was superior to the sometimes sticky fifa 08 ... sounds like it's gonna be dopeness

whitey
09-18-2008, 10:15 PM
id like to check it out. fifas got more choppy when it switched to 360. i used to be a monster at fifa on ps2 from 03-06 still pretty good at 07, 08. way too much of my college days were spent getting ripped and massacring kids. id like to see what 09 is like on ps3.

HOSUKAYA7
09-19-2008, 03:30 AM
PES, PES, PES. Why settle with something half arsed, when you can get a piece of art created by a dedicated team?. Me and the boys have played PES for ages now, and it just never gets old..

BTW I know a guy who is a professional FIFA Gamer. All he does is pick out the flaws in the programming and exploit them to the fullest (laaaame). I do not believe that is possible in PES

JASPER
09-19-2008, 05:00 AM
anyone download the fifa 09 demo? ... i've heard it's more like euro 08 than fifa 08 ... having not played euro 08 i was told that games gameplay was superior to the sometimes sticky fifa 08 ... sounds like it's gonna be dopeness
I've been playing the Fifa 09 demo every day for the last week and it's getting pretty damn close to football perfection.

The Hound
09-19-2008, 05:10 AM
PES, PES, PES. Why settle with something
half arsed, when you can get a piece of art created by a dedicated team?. Me and the boys have played PES for ages now, and it just never gets old..

BTW I know a guy who is a professional FIFA Gamer. All he does is pick out the flaws in the programming and exploit them to the fullest (laaaame). I do not believe that is possible in PES

the last 2 PES games have utter horse shit ... fucking fan boy

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-19-2008, 05:27 AM
FIFA is, has and always will be a pile of shit on a disc. I dont care how much EA promo teams try to push it harder each year as being better and better, and how much they pay sites for better reviews, FIFA looks shit, it plays shit, therefore it is shit. PES has worryingly been getting very slowly more and more similar to FIFA ever since PES4. I think the series may of peaked at WE10LE. I havent played the last PES08, because i couldnt see the point in doing so, theyve been the same for a while now and that one seemed to have bad reviews with it being on a new console.But im really excited about this new PES09, its got the Champions league thing going on, but i probably wont be palying it as I have a XBOX 360 and its only on PS3 I THINK???

HOSUKAYA7
09-19-2008, 06:29 AM
the last 2 PES games have utter horse shit ... fucking fan boy

So much anger... Hmmm.. I agree that the last two games were a bit different from earlier versions, the latter being more attack oriented and the 2007 version a bit more defensive oriented. In my opinion this makes it more interesting for me as a player, getting an actual "new game" instead of lining up with the punters each year to buy yet another repackaged, broken-ass, fifa game. (which, in their defense, did actually get remarkably better, after they started biting PES) :D

JASPER
09-19-2008, 07:26 AM
PES is a pretty fun game to play, but no version of PES plays like real football. It's too arcady and there's not much depth in the gameplay. Fifa 09 is more of a football simulation than any other fifas. A fun simulation.

I'll stick to Fifa and all you PES fan boys can just sit there and wish Konami would get some decent servers.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
In my experience PES owns Fifa...

It's actually hard to score compared to Fifa...
Where it's simple and the movement of the players and so on is completly laughable.

If you want a challenge I would go with PES...
If you want to own the league go with Fifa...

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-20-2008, 03:21 PM
^Its not hard to score in PES. I regulary beat the COM on 5 stars by 4 or 5 goals. The beauty of PES is multiplayer.

Guarded By Martyrs
09-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah but it's so more realistic compared to Fifa thats what I was getting at.

The goals resemble real goals...
And you generally have to put more effort in to score.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-20-2008, 05:43 PM
^exactly. They are geniuses there at konami to do that. I dont think theres a more difficult type of game to make than a football game. to do it really well i mean.

FIFA has always been FIFA to me. Every year the reviewers come out and try to pretend its getting better, new shitty etc, but its always got the same engine, it will never be comparable to PES. They are totally different games.

The funny thing is though over the last 4/5 years theyve both been trying to copy each other in many ways.

JASPER
09-20-2008, 05:50 PM
You obviously haven't played the 09 demo. I've watched many real life football games and the latest Fifa is a lot closer than PES 2009 in terms of realism.

I'm not saying PES sucks or anything, as a matter of fact it's a very fun game, but Fifa is so much more true to real football, plus they have the licences and names right and the graphics are better as well.

Another reason (for me) to get Fifa is the 10 vs 10 online mode. I played the 5 vs 5 mode in 08 and it's the shit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-20-2008, 05:57 PM
^
No i havent. But I think the graphics in FIFA games are always terrible.The players always look bent over and un-proportinal. They just look like dummys running around the pitch. The players rarely look like their real lifes either.

I love the PES grapichs.

PES have ALOT of the names now btw. Theyve got nearly all the kits apart from EPL. All the national teams have the correct names i believe.

JASPER
09-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Fifa clearly has the upper hand when it comes to graphics. None of what you said I can agree on, especially not the bend-over-walking thing. And most players pretty much look like their real life counterparts.

On the gameplay I can only say, neither is better or worse. It just comes down to what you prefer and if you prefer realism, Fifa 09 is the way to go.

Rame
09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
I might buy Fifa after all. The demo is nice.

Professor Poopsnagle
09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Osdc2c0oWGM

The Hound
09-30-2008, 01:18 PM
thats fuckd you can't edit numbers in manager mode ... fifa 09 was released here yesterday but people are complaining hard about it ... i might be hesitant in buying it though

HANZO
09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
fifa09 been getting good reviews. i might get it, considering the last football game i bought was Fifa99.

so it would be a good way of checking wat improvements have been made over 10 years

Tage
10-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Fifa > PES... not always, but it is now.

The Hound
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
i got fifa 09 yesterday .. and damn this has left 08 cold ... i didn't get euro 2008 so most of it is new to me like the celebrations and gameplay etc...

i played online a bit and the gameplay seemed sticky compared to the fluency of offline ...

Professor Poopsnagle
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
That's called lag. Play someone with a better connection.

I played the 10 vs 10 thing online the other night and I gotta say, it's some pretty nifty shit!

If you got a next gen console and you like football, you'd be robbing yourself if you didn't get Fifa 09.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
that 10 v 10 thing sounds crazy. great idea ill give them that.

But ive been looking at the videos of FIFA09 and it still looks like the players are skating along on ice, and i still dont like the graphics or the motions.

HANZO
10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Fifa09 is sik, the 10 vs 10 is great fun. theres still some annoying stuff, but alot of ppl say its better than PES09.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
This Fifa's much better than the last one in my humblest of opinions.

I havent played the new one a whole lot though.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
but alot of ppl say its better than PES09.

Its funny how they say that, you know, when PES09 doesnt come out until the 17th October.

whitey
10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
hes just got future knowledge of pes sucking the dick.

i cant be playing a game with bootleg leagues and players and shit. that is wack.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-09-2008, 05:42 PM
lol bootleg. Japan is near China i guess. When I first started playing PES 1 and PES 2 (even further back i had ISS on the PSone), I used to think it was just because the Japaneses just had a really bad translator. I never knew about licenses. Alot of the player names just look like they were poorly spelled in pigeon english.

HANZO
10-09-2008, 05:43 PM
theres the PES09 demo on xbox live, alot of ppl played it. and didnt like it.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
theres the PES09 demo on xbox live, alot of ppl played it. and didnt like it.

ive been playing the PES demos for years that they release, and they are NEVER like the game.

Professor Poopsnagle
10-09-2008, 06:27 PM
God damn, I was in 10 vs 10 BAP online the other second and I was the captain of the Argentinian team and we played against Brazil. I played as Messi and I completely destroyed the Brazilian defense and everyone was applauding me and shit and the guys who played the Brazilian defenders got dogged on by their team mates, it was fucking hilarious.

Be a Pro 10 vs 10 is the best thing since peach flavoured condoms, no wait let me rephrase that, best thing since salted beef. And that's just one of the many gaming modes Fifa 09 offers. Forget PES like you have alzheimers or something, Fifa got it.

The Hound
10-09-2008, 06:40 PM
That's called lag. Play someone with a better connection.

negative ... when both players play with optimum connection it's not lag ... it's a slower game play in comparison to offline imo

the best thing about fifa 09 is it plays like a real football ... players are positioned better and game flows smoothly ... truely the first fifa game to break away head and shoulders from the previous edition since 2004

i haven't checked BAP 10 v 10 online ... what difference is there from the 08 BAP to this years? ... it's getting rave reviews everywhere i'm gonna have to peep it ...

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
10-12-2008, 03:19 PM
fifa more tactical just fifa
http://www.myspace.com/dadrunkenmonk