PDA

View Full Version : New Track Feedback, Please

Lightsoff01
08-31-2008, 02:18 PM
What up, y'all? I'm an underground House DJ - here's my Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/lightsoff01

I mainly produce Deep House music and some House leaning more on the tech(y) side of things, but've been into Hip Hop on and off for many years now, and so decided to see if I have it in me to make a decent beat.

Here's the track I'd like you all to critique for me:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/1793518779e83dfb/

To give it a bit of life, I added a Jay Z acapella on top -- it's off beat on certain parts, so if at all possible, try to over look that. Instrumentation (Bass, Strings, etc), arrangement, composition, is all me. And that's what I would like comments on.

What I want to know is a couple things:

1.) Any likes? Dislikes?

2.) Overall, is it good or am I wasting my time with makin' Hip Hop beats? Or possibly somewhere in the middle? Perhaps it isn't great but has potential? Or should I just stick with Deep House? lol

Anyway, I'd really appreciate straight up and brutally honest criticism. If it isn't shit in your opinion, please say so! It it isn't completed yet, have to add a few more things to fill it up, but still want some feedback on how it sounds so far.

Thanks!

THE MASON
08-31-2008, 02:36 PM
its like to hear the beat without any jay z vocals on it but it was dope, some parts near the end the beat drops, dont know if it was on purpose but i wasnt really feelin that. Id say try a few more beats out

Lightsoff01
09-01-2008, 05:37 AM
its like to hear the beat without any jay z vocals on it but it was dope, some parts near the end the beat drops, dont know if it was on purpose but i wasnt really feelin that. Id say try a few more beats out

Thanks, man. Yea', I dropped the beats for like 4 bars. I thought it gave the part that came in afterward more emphasis and energy, so I kept it that way. I'll be adding, changing, and subtracting, so I'll upload the completed version when I get a chance. And will try to remember to upload without the J vox.

Peace...

ICABOD CHANG
09-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Keep At It Fam,, 1 Blade..

Lightsoff01
09-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Will dew!