PDA

View Full Version : Mass Appeal - I Gotta Survive

Sage/SZA
09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Mass Appeal is me and my boy. I make the beats and scratch (when needed) and he MCs. We're very street. He raps about real stuff. We've both been to jail and stuff (not to brag) and he raps about the street life. I just want you guys to know where we're comin from.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/18359042dcb296dd/

Also, right now we only have a five dollar microphone. Keep that in mind. We're goin to put out a mixtape first so before it's time to make the album we're goin to have better equipment. I did the mixin of the track on Adobe Audition. It was my first time usin the program. Big ups on 100proof for the tips he gave on how to get better quality on a cheap mic.

More to come soon.

Peace to Wu-Corp

Oh yeah, shout out to DC Entel!!!!

H.Notik
09-11-2008, 09:34 PM
feeling the intro of the beat on this...the claps/snare mesh with the piano well. Ya boy can really spit, I can sense the emotion out of his flow and lyrics...this is dope lol. definite good job on the production with a lower quality mic...get a cheap pop filter aswell and you'll be good to go. props to you on the beat and ya boy...yall set to smash shit...

dcoz
09-13-2008, 10:46 AM
shits fresh, yall do need a better mic though but sounds real good for a $5 piece. flows good and beats fire. props

Sage/SZA
09-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks 3MD.

I hope to get a better mic by the end of October. I need to get some more memory RAM whatever on my computer first.

GameOfDeath
09-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Smooth as silk. Your mans vocals got a little too much reverb or something. He sounds distant from the mic. But the voice is tough. He spits cool deep lyrics. Keep bangin.

Boss_Digger
09-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Damn this was nice!! Can I suggest due to the micrphone quality you either loose the 808's or turn them down cos you can hear him much better when there not playing or yu could use automation to turn his vocs up a bit when they come in. Props tho this is the shit!!

$inista
09-14-2008, 05:49 AM
dope nice track feeling it :thumbup:
if you need a good mic for cheap, you should be able to get it anywhere

Blue Snowball USB MIC mic pretty good mic 99$ bucks you cant go wrong no audio interface needed, easy set up, works with any program

told my boy to get it he's just got it & loves it

http://images.jr.com/productimages/BMCSNOWBALL.PNG?CELL=380,380&QLT=67&FTR=3&BGCOLOR=FFFFFF&CVT=jpeg

Sage/SZA
09-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the replies everybody. We hope to have more tracks on Friday or Satuday.

And thanks for tellin me about that mic homie. I'm goin to look into it.

Sinapse
09-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Track is cool...the beat isn't really my style, but it works well with the vocals...Mass Appeal has a great voice, very powerful...lyrics are solid street poetry type shit, i can feel that...have to hear more work before i could judge his writing overall.

Wasn't feeling the effects on the refrain on the outro, it was mixed very loud relative to the beat...

As for the quality, that talking over the phone echoey sound is typical of a USB mic, the other mic suggested is a little better, but it's still a USB mic, which brings your soundcard into the equation as far recording...funds are an issue usually, but you should try to move towards getting one of the cheaper M-Audio USB interfaces and a condenser mic like an AKG or one of the cheaper RODE models...for around 350 you could get an interface, decent condenser mic, pop filter and stand...this is more than 3 times the cost of that plug in mic, but i know the quality would be more than 3 times greater...further down the line if it's possible to save money, an excellent set up for a home studio that is a bit more pricey (what I'm using) RODE NT-1A mic, M-Box interface/mixer, and a P-Solo preamp to get the mic to really perform at peak level...the total cost of all this with some bargain shopping is more in the 1200-1500 range...just thought I'd let you know since over the last year i've slowly upgraded from a USB headset mic to my current set up and spent a lot of time researching it....PEACE

dcoz
09-15-2008, 01:16 PM
on the equipment issue, check out e-bay. i got most of my set up off of e-bay for cheap. i know its a gamble but if the seller has a good history then the risk is most likely minimal. i got my rode ntk for $280 with a broken tube but sent it to rode and they replaced it for free. so thats something you might want to consider. just thought id suggest it since money is an issue for almost everyone doing what we do. gotta get the best shit you can for the least amount possible. peace!

Sage/SZA
09-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Thank you to everyone who listened and replied. We're goin to have more songs Friday hopefully like I said. Also, we're goin to go to this real good studio and rerecord this track as well.

And props to everyone who helped me about better quality.

GRANDMASSIVE.
09-16-2008, 04:20 PM
real emotional beat, its on some right outta prison type shit ,im feelin this, the mic would make a hell of a difference, check out sweetwater.com, they got some deal most of the time