PDA

View Full Version : Countries/States that you can drink in public legally

Prolifical ENG
09-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Well where I live you can't walk down the street walking and drinking alcohol. The only time I really do it is when I go to the Jay's game when I walk from the subway station through the walkway to the stadium there is little security so I down 2 tall boys. If I got a ticket the next time, I would still be on the plus side from not buying many beers at the game.

I heard in UK you can drink in public but just not on public transportation. PLaces liek Greece you can drink anywhere.

In US it depends on the state...in Vegas the cops tun a blind eye if its a paper cup....at the Buffalo Bills games everyone's in the parking lot before the game gettin drunk.

What are the public drinking laws in your country?

firewood_for_hell
09-13-2008, 08:36 PM
west virgina university, i was there for a football game and everyone was walking around drinking. it was so many people the cops cant do shit about it so they just police when fights break out or shit like that but it was crazy i never seen nothing like it in the states everyone was passing out drinks dudes had mini kegs in thier back packs it was fun

The Hound
09-13-2008, 09:59 PM
here in sydney you can drink in public in some places but there is fast becoming alot more alcohol free zones ... starting with parks and areas near schools and places where you'll find kids ... i'm pretty sure you can't drink on trains ... you can't drink any kind of drink on buses alcohol or not ...

i've noticed alot of places have signs up saying "as of *whatever date in the future* this area will become alcohol free zone"

alot of crime and violence in this city relating directly to people under the influence so there's a major crack down here

NY_Mami
09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Puerto Rico....... but I drink illegally in NYC........