PDA

View Full Version : The official Pro Wrestling thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

King Tron 1
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
yeah, basically. and they're still getting raped on the ratings

check two
10-11-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm not sure why, cause PG wrestling is pretty much crap, except for little kids. The WWE hasn't turned Cena heel for years just cause he sells a good amount of merchandise. TNA wasn't afraid to turn their most popular face into a heel(Hardy). I like the Nexus, but a lot of other stuff is very predictible in the WWE.

King Tron 1
10-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Well when the demographic is more inclusive, I pretty sure the ratings are gonna be high, just means that they'll have to run more DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME promos.

I'm pretty sure that there's very little wiggle-room though creatively, not that The E even has/uses it.

TNA has been dissappointing for a while, trying so hard to be the old, that they forget to establish the younger roster. Which was WCW's greatest downfall, and they still haven't learned from those mistakes.

Dirty Knowledge
10-11-2010, 02:53 AM
Does anyone here actually watch real wrestling? ROH, Chikara, DragonGate USA...

King Tron 1
10-11-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't get those channels, but I do watch AAA & CMLL, do those count?

Dirty Knowledge
10-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Haha. You get that on your TV? Where do you live to get them, Mexico? They're basically the WWE and TNA of Mexico. La Parka's CMLL entrance is classic.

qiaKubaqvFw

Dirty Knowledge
10-11-2010, 03:03 AM
I only ask about ROH and DGUSA because it seems everyone in this thread is always dissing WWE and TNA but never seem to talk about the good wrestling that is out there, btw.

King Tron 1
10-11-2010, 03:07 AM
Yup, Galavision every weekend, but off and on for the last 5 months. WWE has better ratings in Mejico than both AAA & CMLL combined, so I'd say WWE is the WWE of Mejico

check two
10-11-2010, 03:11 AM
I used to go to some indie shows in my area like each month that had some of the same wrestlers from ROH and other promotions. I did a column for one of the promotions a while back. Steve Corino was one of the owners of it.

Dirty Knowledge
10-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Luche Libre has always been one of my favorite styles of pro wrestling, but it sucks because a lot of the Mexican companies are trying to be like WWE with all the glitz and glamour and the promos aspect of it. Mexican Pro Wrestling has been heavily influenced by the WWE and American Wrestling in the past decade or two and it's hurt them. Obviously since WWE is the biggest down there.

Japan still holds it own, and they probably pump the best shit these days. But like I said, places like ROH, DragonGateUSA, even Chikara, they're keeping that ECW / indy tradition of American wrestling alive. Sometimes I get pissed at the WWE and TNA because they're just so corny and they're watered the fuck down. It seems like all TNA has to offer these days is the MCMGs vs Generation Me and they don't even treat that like a real feud.

King Tron 1
10-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I wish I could watch Japan pro wrestling, but I don't know where to watch or when it's even on

Dirty Knowledge
10-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Just google that shit, or Youtube. Pro Wrestling Zero 1 is one of my favorite Japan companies. Dragon Gate [the Japan one, the original] is awesome and set the tone for DG:USA. Then you've got the bigs, AJPW and NJPW. There's plenty of Japanese promotions if you just search for them on the net. Matches, events, they're out there on Megavideo and all that.

k16Sasphyp0

Jericho vs Ultimo Dragon from an old Japan company called WAR.

There's classics like this and modern day matches just as good floating around out there.

King Tron 1
10-11-2010, 03:37 AM
I guess I never really tried to search for them, guess I'll do that

Dirty Knowledge
10-11-2010, 03:58 AM
There's so much good stuff out there but ever since WWE bought WCW and ECW they've basically put a lock on the industry, so people don't know about shit anymore. The territory days are dead because of it, and the indies are the same though there are a few out there surviving. There's just so much good wrestling out there, it's a shame that there isn't ever any other discussion other than just WWE and TNA.

Check out some of Eddie Kingston's promos, this dude is in my opinion the Mick Foley of his day, but yet no one knows/talks about him. He's kinda fading away now and getting outta shape not like he ever was, but he's great on the stick and can carry a feud. CM Punk's early stuff in IWA and ROH was classic. Samoa Joe's matches in ROH and the other smalltimes are gold. Daniel Bryan aka Brian Danielson you hear Cole talk about his internet following but it's more than that, this guys matches from about early 2000 and on in Japan and the American indies are CLASSICS. Kenny Omega, Chris Hero, the American Wolves, Kevin Steen.. there are so many wrestlers out there who would wrestle laps around people like Cena it's not even funny.

hectis
10-11-2010, 07:44 AM
so the "they" abyss was talking about coming was Jeff hardy wow what a disappointment

Jeru
10-11-2010, 09:28 AM
so the "they" abyss was talking about coming was Jeff hardy wow what a disappointment

and Hogan, Bisschof and Jeff Jarret...haven't seen the ppv but I think Tenay will have said "WHAT THE HELL" a whole fuckin lot LOL

check two
10-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Just google that shit, or Youtube. Pro Wrestling Zero 1 is one of my favorite Japan companies. Dragon Gate [the Japan one, the original] is awesome and set the tone for DG:USA. Then you've got the bigs, AJPW and NJPW. There's plenty of Japanese promotions if you just search for them on the net. Matches, events, they're out there on Megavideo and all that.

k16Sasphyp0

Jericho vs Ultimo Dragon from an old Japan company called WAR.

There's classics like this and modern day matches just as good floating around out there.

Corino had also started up a promotion before called World 1 that I had went to, which was affililated with Zero One, and it was basically an american version of it. It was wrestling without really any talk, and the same rules as Zero One. For Corino's indie promotions, he would get some of the Japanese wrestlers to come over from Japan, and also have a bunch of guys like The American Dragon, Amazing Red, Low Ki, Samoa Joe, SAT, etc.

check two
10-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Spoilers:

Hogan is using the Hollywood name again and Flair is on his side.

check two
10-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Did I watch the Amazing Red lose to Pauly D from Jersey Shore last night?

hectis
10-24-2010, 04:37 PM
zjHtxPew5Os

check two
10-24-2010, 05:14 PM
zjHtxPew5Os

ha ha

King Tron 1
10-24-2010, 10:45 PM
"you wanna do it?" (pause)

hectis
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
"you wanna do it?" (pause)

lol maybe thats what he meant about "its personal" l

check two
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
How was Bragging Rights last night?

battle?
10-25-2010, 05:40 PM
terrible

King Tron 1
10-25-2010, 10:41 PM
http://angrymarks.com/chat/smilies/cena.gif

battle?
10-28-2010, 06:59 PM
pSp0I_Ev0Yw&feature

King Tron 1
11-08-2010, 02:43 PM
guess nobody knew about TNA's Turning Point PPV that happened yesterday

check two
11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I heard that Turning Point sucked? Why does Jay Lethal keep losing to Pauly D from Jersey Shore?

check two
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd have to give the nod to CZW. You know there is a wrestling thread in here by the way?

check two
11-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Why does Nexus keep kicking out the black members of the group? Is there going to be a new Nation of Domination to go up against them?

battle?
11-09-2010, 06:57 AM
so is team 3-d done? when is miz gna cash in his briefcase

ironmantis
11-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Why does Nexus keep kicking out the black members of the group? Is there going to be a new Nation of Domination to go up against them?

Very observant to notice that. I guess I never noticed because there was quite a bit of time gap between each dismissal from the group.

I like that idea of another stable forming with Otunga, Young, Tarver and possible R-Truth, Ezekial Jackson and Mark Henry.

check two
11-15-2010, 08:54 PM
lol @ this WWF show.

King Tron 1
11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/11/15/1115-the-rock-splash-1-credit.jpg

battle?
11-16-2010, 01:29 PM
lol @ this WWF show.

its funny how sheik still shits on hulkamania

King Tron 1
11-17-2010, 09:27 PM
just saw Jeff Hardy's personal TNA's World Heavyweight Championship at the shit looks horrible. as some one referred to it as "purple construction paper with aluminum foil that a kindergardener made"

http://wrestlingupdateonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/TNA_World_Heavyweight_Championship_0007.jpg
Jeff Hardy Championship

Here's another by the same guy, but will not be used or recognized (was made for Shannon Moore)

http://wrestlinglatino.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Shannon-Moore-DILLIGAF-Championship-Belt1.jpg

King Tron 1
11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
this has to be my favorite custom belt

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/WrestlingCentral/Belt-WWERatedR3.jpg

check two
11-17-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't really like purple, but it's something different. lol

check two
11-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Is Survivor Series tonight?

King Tron 1
11-21-2010, 12:56 PM
yeah

check two
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Is Cena going to get fired or help Barrett win?

Jeru
11-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I'd like to see Edge win the WHC from Kane but it's probably not going to happen...
Orton is gonna lose the WWE chamionship I think...

King Tron 1
11-21-2010, 10:53 PM
AHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

John Cena got fired, AHAHHAHAAHGHAAHAHAHHHHAHAH

watch him be the last entry in the Royal Rumble or something

check two
11-22-2010, 11:00 PM
New heavyweight champ.

battle?
11-23-2010, 02:21 AM
^ he finally cashed in the briefcase!!!!
why they bringin back kotr?
does regal ahve to defend his title of kotr for the past year or 2?
still wating 4 y2j to get off tour with fozzie the bear

King Tron 1
11-23-2010, 02:39 AM
I think Cena may legit be gone for some time, I'd say up until Wrestlemania (they can't have it without him). Damn think about it he's been going non-stop for about 8 years, doing movies, cameo appearances, wrestling, talk shows interviews, radio interviews, signing autographs, and again promoting whatever he's in. (barring injuries of course) Add the years in development and that's about 10 years non-stop.

For once I might be interested in wrestling, and the direction the go with here,
I sure as hell don't know who's gonna challenge for the WWE Championship.

King Tron 1
11-23-2010, 11:16 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/PaulSebert/kido.gif

little girl's reaction immediately after The Miz beat Randy Orton for the WWE Championship

hectis
11-24-2010, 12:28 AM
lol her reaction was priceless

ironmantis
11-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Yeah I saw that when I watched it and thought, she musdt be controlling Miz with her evil mind.

Miz used to be such a nice boy before and now, he is being controlled by this evil being.

That is not a reaction, that is her making Miz do what he does with evil mind control, lol.

King Tron 1
11-24-2010, 08:29 AM
e6GcrIBhBWA

HA-HA, see you in 7 years dumbass

hectis
11-24-2010, 09:03 AM
cm punk is a better wrestler, better on the mic and over all better than both the hardy's combined and sorry jeff u did not make cm punk maybe u should lay off the drugs because they have you going through hallucination

King Tron 1
11-24-2010, 09:13 AM
well if you have it your way hectis, you won't be seeing any of him after his incarceration

ironmantis
11-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I think Cena may legit be gone for some time, I'd say up until Wrestlemania (they can't have it without him). Damn think about it he's been going non-stop for about 8 years, doing movies, cameo appearances, wrestling, talk shows interviews, radio interviews, signing autographs, and again promoting whatever he's in. (barring injuries of course) Add the years in development and that's about 10 years non-stop.

For once I might be interested in wrestling, and the direction the go with here,
I sure as hell don't know who's gonna challenge for the WWE Championship.

I heard that Juan Cena will be in attendance at Raw in the crowd to cause trouble, etc. He will probably build a storyline from there.

check two
11-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Juan?

hectis
11-26-2010, 03:10 AM
its a way around cena doing house shows cuz if he is fired he cant do house shows but juan cena can

Dirty Knowledge
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM
cm punk is a better wrestler, better on the mic and over all better than both the hardy's combined and sorry jeff u did not make cm punk maybe u should lay off the drugs because they have you going through hallucination

Hardy's feud versus Punk is what really put Punk in the spotlight, character wise. Other than that feud, Punk's character has been stale. And it's all he relies on. He is a nerd. A glorified nerd who probably does Heroin behind the scenes. Punk hasn't been able to transcend his character AT ALL, and even as a face he's just the same guy only nice. LOL. Punk is in trouble I hate to say. He's on commentary duty now LOL. Danielson hurts Punk because the WWE doesn't like too many of those "good wrestler" types, if ya' know what I mean. A Punk / Danielson feud could save Punk, as well really put Danielson up there. It's the only real direction I see the E giving Punk and trying to help him stay relevant. It'd be a shame if they drop the ball with him. Hardy is just taking his heel role to the EXTREME with all this, and personally, I gotta say I like it.

Miz winning the title was pretty faggoty. I think they finally decided to say, HEY, LETS TRY IT.. WE FUCKED AROUND AND GAVE HIM THE DAMN MITB TO BEGIN WITH. Lmfao. Dude is a great Midcarder but man.. he's now the face of the company? REALLY. Can you say transistion champ? So we can expect some good, funny promos, but the matches are gonna' be awkward as hell. The whole him winning just seemed to be. I missed it live but the replay on SD! looked dull.

King Tron 1
11-29-2010, 06:34 PM
ocWZWyd4NGs

kyXf8yoipHA

main event of Summerslam '94 but I couldn't find Leslie Neilsen's cameos where they brought him in to get to the bottom of who the real Undertaker was (by the way the one in gray was later in D.O.A. biker gang as Chainz)

hectis
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
cm punk the best commentator in the wwe

check two
11-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Are they putting Jerry Lawler in the main event?

LORD ZERO
11-29-2010, 11:05 PM
2010 kotr = *FACEPALM*

Dirty Knowledge
11-30-2010, 01:14 PM
King vs Miz easy match of the year candidate.

LORD ZERO
12-01-2010, 03:31 AM
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8956/wutangcole.jpg

hide1998
12-01-2010, 04:42 AM
King vs Miz easy match of the year candidate.

Even if you don't watch any indies, overseas, or TNA, would you really put that over HBK vs Undertaker from Wrestlemania? Lawler vs Danielson was a very good match, but was really on that MOTY level?

hide1998
12-01-2010, 04:47 AM

You're absolutely right about that. Although a motivated Jeff Hardy is fun to watch, the key word is MOTIVATED. Matt Hardy has always been the better of the two in terms of putting a match together with psychology, but even at his best he's not as good as CM Punk in the ring (don't even get my started who is better on the mic). For those who ONLY watch WWE CM Punk is new to you, but if you've been keeping up with the indies then he's no newcomer. Until about a year ago I was finally convinced WWE was using him properly (i.e. his feud with Hardy). But once again...politics rears their ugly head. The Undertaker wasn't too big on CM Punk (and apparently niether was HBK, which truly shocks me), and you saw what happened during the Undertaker feud. But whatever, no matter how much they try to bury CM Punk he's still one of the most over guys in the company.

Dirty Knowledge
12-04-2010, 04:24 PM
HBK vs Taker really wasn't MOTY it was two old dudes pulling out all the old tricks and kicking out of eachother's finishers ten times each. It was just absurd and overdone. Overdone in wrestling as a whole. Every indy "goodbye" match has been ending the way HBK/Taker did for the last 50 years. It was a great match though and deserves to be mentioned. I've seen tons of matches this year from the WWE which have been MUCH better. For example, the Orton vs Bourne match on RAW months ago the Shooting StaRKO match, the ending was simply better and it was a decent match. Any of Danielson's last few PPV opening matches... Kofi Kingston has had some damn good curtain jerkers this year.. there's just so much more in the WWE than HBK/Taker. But I will not call you a fool for picking that match.

And CM Punk is a nerd like Hardy said.. hearing him get verbally manhandled by Michael Cole was the nail in the coffin for him as far as I'm concearned. Even if they are burying him, he has been given the chance to fight for himself and he's on RAW being a fucking cornball like Hardy said. Hardy in TNA right now would smack the shit outta Punk in his days vs Raven back in ROH and the indies.

hide1998
12-05-2010, 01:11 AM
HBK vs Taker really wasn't MOTY it was two old dudes pulling out all the old tricks and kicking out of eachother's finishers ten times each. It was just absurd and overdone. Overdone in wrestling as a whole. Every indy "goodbye" match has been ending the way HBK/Taker did for the last 50 years. It was a great match though and deserves to be mentioned.

You say that, but unlike Lawler vs Miz, which NO ONE believed Lawler could win (and that is a very important point), the HBK/Undertaker match could've gone either way (and before you say, "Me and my group of friends all knew Undertaker would win, so there!", check the IWC boards prior to the match. Fact is more people leaned on Undertaker winning the match, but there was still a good number of people who saw this as being Undertaker's big Wrestlemania loss). You can complain about kicking out of each other's finishers (which can be annoying, but doesn't sink a match to shit), but it clearly told very great story in this case. It built off their last big match (psychology), had better offense throughout than Lawler vs Miz, and in the end means a hell of alot more than a surprisingly good Lawler vs Miz match that had one guy EVERYONE knew would win.

And for the record, I don't think Undertaker vs HBK was THE best match of the year, I was just saying that is the best match from the WWE this year (workrate, psychology, story, importance...etc. No match in the WWE this year so far comes close to that when ALL those factors are considered. The TV matches you listed were very good, but none had the time to build to anything more than a "very good, but forgettable" level). Best match I've seen this year is either Chikara's big Cibernetico match, Mike Quakenbush/Manami Toyota vs Claudio Castognoli/Sara Del Rey, or the best match out of the Beer Money vs Motorcity Machine Guns series from earlier this year (if I remember right, the match they had right before their PPV finale). But if you ignored those and ONLY watched WWE, nothing is touching Undertaker vs HBK (for someone complaining about old guys battling it out, Lawler is older than both of them, and MIZ is no where near the worker of either despite the fact that Lawler carried him to a good match).

BRONZBODY
12-05-2010, 03:30 AM
WWE released MVP......fuck that....he should have been champion but yeah that's right....Vince dosent like black people....

Dirty Knowledge
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
See, that's what I'm saying. NO ONE, atleast the older fans, believed Lawler would win. unimaginable. Maybe some younger fans thought so, but only because they see Lawler as some old announcer. BUT then after Miz goes through the table, and King is alone atop the ladder; Riles is laid out too, there's just something that felt good about the moment and for a moment I believed he was going to win. It was well worked, and a well scripted match. And even AFTER Cole? When Miz and Lawler were at the top, knowing that Lawler always had those sick punches, there was a second where I thought they might just be crazy enough to put the belt on Lawler, even if just for the night. But Miz, worked the ending very nicely, hung on and used the belt. Turned out to be a SURPRISINGLY good match, and when I looked at it all, I said you know I bet a lot of people were surprised at it as well, at how well it was done, so it's certainly capable of being placed with 10-15 other matches as a candidate for MOTY. And I was only talking about the WWE. To me there's too much damn wrestling, too many styles, to really compare them all. But a great match is a great match nonetheless.

hide1998
12-06-2010, 01:37 PM
See, that's what I'm saying. NO ONE, atleast the older fans, believed Lawler would win. unimaginable. Maybe some younger fans thought so, but only because they see Lawler as some old announcer. BUT then after Miz goes through the table, and King is alone atop the ladder; Riles is laid out too, there's just something that felt good about the moment and for a moment I believed he was going to win. It was well worked, and a well scripted match. And even AFTER Cole? When Miz and Lawler were at the top, knowing that Lawler always had those sick punches, there was a second where I thought they might just be crazy enough to put the belt on Lawler, even if just for the night. But Miz, worked the ending very nicely, hung on and used the belt. Turned out to be a SURPRISINGLY good match, and when I looked at it all, I said you know I bet a lot of people were surprised at it as well, at how well it was done, so it's certainly capable of being placed with 10-15 other matches as a candidate for MOTY. And I was only talking about the WWE. To me there's too much damn wrestling, too many styles, to really compare them all. But a great match is a great match nonetheless.

I think the fact the match was terrible is causing you to overrate it a bit. Surprisingly good (I'd even say it was very good) is an accurate rating. But MOTY...nah, not even if we're just talking WWE. And really, it was too much of a leap to think for one second Lawler could possibly win, which pretty much made the whole thing an exercise in pointlessness when it comes down to it. Even the fanboy in me didn't buy it (and this is coming from a guy who, for a couple moments, thought Ric Flair might go over Edge in their one and only ladder match a couple years back).

The HBK/Undertaker match was better in every possible way (besides having better offense, better pacing, a much much better story going into it, and a much better crowd, a good argument for either man going over could be made). I just don't get how you could be so high on that match, but then rag on Undertaker vs HBK when looking at things objectively.

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Well I'm just gonna say it, you look at wrestling from a SMARK's point of view so there really is no point in justifying why I thought the match was good because you'll use psychology, pacing, offense, all this shit to defend why I PERSONALLY IN MY OWN MIND shouldn't think of the match highly. Could you name 20 matches this year that even I would agree were OVERALL BETTER yes. But like you said, the fanboy in me, would keep that match in there somewhere.

Just wondering, do you consider Lawler a legend at all? I mean other than WWE. You seem knowledgeable enough to know of his early work. Would you place him REAL high on the legends list if so? Imagine if Lawler was a touring type, like Ric Flair was back in the days. Instead of holding court and keeping it Memphis. This is why I think the match was great, because it was a LEGEND in there.. and for a moment I forgot that Lawler was a WWE announcer and actually thought that was the guy who slapped Andy Kaufman and piledrove women, so maybe, just maybe...

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Kinda like how you were with Flair and Edge. Only I dunno how you could think Flair wasn't capable of getting the W in any match, even in his late WWE jobbing days. It's fucking Flair. He can pull that GOD card out at any moment..

check two
12-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I think Jerry Lawler is a little overrated as being a legend, wrestling wise.

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Lawler overrated? Wrestling wise? He wasn't the greatest of wrestlers inring wise, but who exactly from his era was doing SPECTACULAR things in the ring? It was a different time back then. Back then was really about the storytelling and the back n forth in ring. Now it's about big spots, hardcore and big payoffs to short feuds. Wrestling wise, there were only a few guys at the time who were even going to the top rope. Randy Savage innovated going up top for an AMERICAN wrestler. At that time we lagged behind Japan and Mexico in terms of having the best WRESTLING WISE matches. But we still had the GREAT STORIES and the BIGGER THAN LIFE characters. Lawler, unlike the Hogans and Flairs, also didn't trek too far from home. Atleast no where near as much as they did. While the Kaufman feud got him mainstream pub, he was always local in Memphis and he never really traveled to outside territories. Flair was all over the place, getting his name out there. Hogan the same. I garuntee you there were plenty of territories where fans wanted to see Lawler but he was always about Memphis. If anything Lawler is underrated as a legend, and mainly thanks to the WWE.

King Tron 1
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
heh, once again I think few knew that TNA had a PPV yesterday. It was decent but it kinda got fucked up & predictable towards the final matches.

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah I did forget, was busy last night though, gonna read results now.

Dirty Knowledge
12-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm assuming RVD/Rhino seemed decent, gotta see that Van Terminator...
Williams/Styles sounded like it was good.
MCMG vs Gen Me was probably the show stealer.
Other than that nothing seems to jump out. Hardy retained of course.
And The Shore is still in control.

hide1998
12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Well I'm just gonna say it, you look at wrestling from a SMARK's point of view so there really is no point in justifying why I thought the match was good because you'll use psychology, pacing, offense, all this shit to defend why I PERSONALLY IN MY OWN MIND shouldn't think of the match highly. Could you name 20 matches this year that even I would agree were OVERALL BETTER yes. But like you said, the fanboy in me, would keep that match in there somewhere.

Just wondering, do you consider Lawler a legend at all? I mean other than WWE. You seem knowledgeable enough to know of his early work. Would you place him REAL high on the legends list if so? Imagine if Lawler was a touring type, like Ric Flair was back in the days. Instead of holding court and keeping it Memphis. This is why I think the match was great, because it was a LEGEND in there.. and for a moment I forgot that Lawler was a WWE announcer and actually thought that was the guy who slapped Andy Kaufman and piledrove women, so maybe, just maybe...

I'm not doubting the match was good (I'd even go as far as to say it was very good). But not MOTY type good (especially since, again, if for no other reason, there was never any doubt who was going over). Also, truth be told, you're clearly a mark for Lawler so even if listed 50 matches better (honestly, I don't think there were 50 WWE matches this year better than that Lawler/Miz), you already have your "Nope, that sucked compared to Lawler/Miz, next?" pretyped. So I'll keep it simple and just say that HBK/Undertaker had a better backstory, better crowd reaction, better offense, meant ALOT more as a match, and history will pretty much write it as one of the most memorable matches of 2010, whereas Miz/Lawler will be remembered among Miz's matches (most likely), but in the history of wrestling it'll be lost in the shuffle. It is what it is.

To your other question, I consider Lawler one of the greats for all his pre-WWE stuff. His Memphis work is pretty much undeniable. If we're just talking USA, I'd say he's pretty high on the greatest ever list (lower end of the top 20 or so).

And about the Flair/Edge match, I think you may have misread what I typed. I'm saying I DID think, for a split second, that Flair could go over in that match. Unlike the Miz/Lawler match (which was still very good in my eyes), there were too many factors as to why Miz would definitely not lose the belt against Lawler.

hide1998
12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Any Shimmer fans in here? I'm recently catching back up with all the recent volumes (I put them on the backburner while I playing catch up with the recent Chikara and EVOLVE DVDs). As much as I enjoy Ring of Honor, Shimmer is creeping up to my 2nd favorite promotion these days. Chikara, is still my favorite, but I'm loving the old school feel of Shimmer (and to see a promotion full of women that can work better than a lot of men is really refreshing).

It's great to have high-quality alternatives to the messy booking of TNA, and the nurtured storylines of WWE.

Dirty Knowledge
12-07-2010, 02:13 PM
It's funny because I never liked Lawler, until recently as I got older and was able to backtrack to his real work. Still ain't a huge Lawler fan. But I see where you would think I am a Lawler mark. I'm definitely not though. There's only one wrestler I mark for and that's Sabu. I was religiously arguing with folks that his latest TNA run was a good one LOL. Let's not even go there though.

As for knowing Lawler's work then good I am glad, you should understand then why an old dude like myself could actually get in to things for once. Have an actual passion for cheering a wrestler on again. I don't think I've said "CMON NIGGA GET UP THERE!" or "CMON NIGGA PIN HIS ASS!" but once in the past 7 or so years and that was when RVD won the TNA title. I love seeing the old schoolers and to see them actually not have to job / look REALLY old is just a plus.

As for SHIMMER, no I am not in to that but I know about it and I know the females there are really good. The thing about the good wrestling today, most of the indies, like you alluded to, is you have to BUY everything or DOWNLOAD everything or PAY for shows. Or you have to check out their home pages and read results, news, blahzay blah. It's a hassle to follow good wrestling today. I think the closest to seeing good wrestling on TV is ROH on HDNet and not everyone has that. I remember the days when ECW was on in syndication on Sunshine, WWF and WCW had about 3 extra shows a week other than Mondays, IWA Puerto Rico was on Sunshine, MLW was on Sunshine after ECW folded, we used to get WoW and WeW on Sunshine and also a few other small times/weird companies. They even would show old Wrestling from Florida shows; Eddie Graham's old company now turned in to FCW, WWE's farm league..bleh. We even used to get some FCW shows on CSS time to time. And then about 5 years ago it all stopped and it's been all WWE and TNA all the time.

hide1998
12-07-2010, 10:44 PM
As for SHIMMER, no I am not in to that but I know about it and I know the females there are really good. The thing about the good wrestling today, most of the indies, like you alluded to, is you have to BUY everything or DOWNLOAD everything or PAY for shows. Or you have to check out their home pages and read results, news, blahzay blah. It's a hassle to follow good wrestling today.

It's either that or constantly face-palming yourself trying to sit through an entire WWE or TNA broadcast. They both still put on great matches from time to time, but it's a very difficult task, as an adult, to get through an entire TV episode (and most PPVs for that matter these days). Whereas, I I'm assured to enjoy at least 80% of the card from one of the quality indy feds everytime. I remember when Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, and Summerslam were the wrestling shows I most looked forward to every year. Even back in high school, when I was already into many Japanese federations, WCW, and ECW, those three shows I'd always look forward to catching live. Nowadays I could careless about Wrestlemania or Summerslam (I'll read the results, and then stream the matches that interest me later, but I wouldn't force myself to sit through an entire card anymore). I still look forward to Royal Rumble just because of the style of the Rumble match. The best wrestling show of the year for me, for the past three years, has been Chikara's three day King of Trios tournament.

Also, there are sites that regularly post the new indies DVDs as they come out. It cuts the "hassle to follow" aspect down completely. There is one megasite in particular, but the membership is closed (they really don't want their stuff spread to random leeching boards). If you're interested following some of the quality indie feds (that actually cater to wrestling fans that have been watching since the 80s, and not overrun by TV writers who don't care about wrestling or tradition), I can hit you up with an invite next time I get one.

check two
12-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Eric Bischoff's son was a referee in the TNA PPV?

Does the WWE let CM Punk say whatever he wants as a commentator? I'm surprised they are that lenient on him, especially since they are a PG product and all. When Vince yells at him through the headset, I wonder if he just ignores him. And they let him wear a Charles Manson shirt? lol

Didn't MVP ask for his release? So he wasn't fired.

check two
12-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Here in the Philly area, they used to have on a bunch of indie leagues on the former WGTW channel 48, such as ROH, CZW, etc. I used to like watching the USWA that Lawler was involved with. His son would be on there too. I remember the Nation of Domination starting on there before it went to the WWE. I think it was the PG-13 tag team that had started it. They would probably still have wrestling shows on that channel if it hadn't been bought out by some religious company.

check two
12-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Congrats to Hulk Hogan on his new marriage.

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 03:13 PM
There's a new contender for Match of the Year and it's Sheamus vs Morrison's ladder match at TLC. Based on talent, Morrison has the capability to reach HBK's level. He's probably already on it. Mic wise, his face gimmick is just lame and has nothing to it. His heel gimmick was pretty damn good, even though I never liked the guy it still resonated with me. Interested to see what they do with him now.

Sheamus is just a brute.. and he's damn good at it. I'm really getting used to Sheamus. He's at a disadvantage off rip because of his look.. but damn the dude BEASTS in the ring.

Did anyone think Randy was working stiff with Miz at TLC? There has been rumors of this before in the past so I especially caught on to it. Miz really looked like a boy in there versus Randy and that's what I was afraid of as far as Miz being pushed to the top spot.

WWE has really been impressing me I must say. The last half of this year really got me back in to things and I think we could be seeing a sway from the PG era. Maybe not completely back to 13 but I think we will see a little more guts in the storylines.

check two
12-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I heard that Morrison's main event level time will probably be just a short term thing.

Is Triple H still supposed to be coming back soon to feud with Sheamus?

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 03:29 PM
See, I can tell the WWE doesn't like Morrison and maybe the reasons are obvious.. but c'mon.. this guy is amazingly talented. And he was REALLY selling the leg on Sunday.. I mean if he's gonna give and take like that in a match, and can do it ALL THE TIME? [Morrison usually delivers when he gets the opportunities] He can take it there to that next level.

Triple H vs. Sheamus should undoubtedly happen it's a matter of when Trips gets back. I don't read the dirt sheets but obviously since Sheamus put him out, when he returns it'll be to get payback. Just a matter of when. It's been a while now so I could see him wanting to get revenge at WM since he's already taken this much time off. Plus we know Trips loves the brightest lights. Either way it should be sooner than later, and if it continues to be later I'd say WM makes more n more sense.

hectis
12-22-2010, 04:22 PM
cm punk feuding with john cena maybe over when cena spilled punk's diet soda?

battle?
12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
^ lmfao
punk cena fued will be good

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
LOL Cena vs Punk? WHAT I SAY.. The E is delivering!!

How many people will tune in to seePunk try and show up Cena?
But Cena when you think of it..
DUDE IS THE ULTIMATE STRAIGHT EDGER.
Minus "The crack head on a 3 day binge" look ala Triple H to Punk

This could be the final nail in the coffin of Punk's good career.

battle?
12-22-2010, 07:56 PM
i cant even watch tna anymore per the way they use flair.wish he would of stayed retired

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I ain't watched TNA since Sabu left really. They tried my dogg. And RVD if he's on I watch. But I can always YouTube his matches a few days later. RVD put on a damn good match with that steroid freak European dude. At first I felt bad cuz it looked to be a garbage match.. then RVD turned it on and Rob Terry? was doing alright.. turned out to be a pretty solid match for mid-card.

check two
12-26-2010, 12:26 AM
So the WWE decided to release one of their best wrestlers? I guess there just wasn't enough competition for Kaval(Low Ki), so they couldn't think of anything for him to do.

KZA
12-26-2010, 02:58 AM
didnt he want his release because he was miserable in the wwe?

Jeru
12-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Yeah sucks that Kaval got released but they were almost always booking him to lose. Hope he'll go back to TNA but that's probably not going to happen.

check two
12-26-2010, 11:58 PM
How was the PPV?

http://c0013589.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_3ed4b5f

battle?
12-27-2010, 06:37 PM
^'...its all good my brother,I had to get my spinal cord straightened out. Much respect,

Jeru
12-28-2010, 09:51 AM
So...is Punk Nexus now?

battle?
12-28-2010, 11:36 AM
^ seems that way...

battle?
12-28-2010, 04:09 PM
im picking up this dvd this week
http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Bobby-Brain-Heenan/dp/B0041SI7DO
anyone check it out yet?

battle?
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
special features on "the brain" dvd are classic..
many great one liners during the documentary
dvd main menu music is a must to hear
i def recommend to all old school wwf fans

hectis
01-03-2011, 08:19 AM
awesome kong signed with the wwe

Mr. R&B
01-03-2011, 08:35 AM
And she'll be there for all of what, six months?

I really hope the paycheck is worth it for these wrestlers that come from smaller promotions and sign with the WWE.

They rarely last long enough to make an impression in the company.

I know, it's the biggest thing going, but I would never work for Vince if I was in the biz.

He's a despotic faggot with a God complex.

check two
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I wonder how many fat jokes and stuff like that will be thrown at Awesome Kong? They were doing that for Mickie James and she's not even fat. Maybe they will bring Kamala back and have him be with Awesome Kong.

check two
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Why didn't Barrett just walk out the cage door?

Are Barrett and Cena going to join forces now?

Tough Enough coming back?

Thoughts on that Alberto Del Rio? Boring?

hectis
01-04-2011, 01:07 AM
lol

Dirty Knowledge
01-04-2011, 12:36 PM
special features on "the brain" dvd are classic..
many great one liners during the documentary
dvd main menu music is a must to hear
i def recommend to all old school wwf fans

I def. wanna check this out man. Brain is legenedary, he's not doing so well I hear.

awesome kong signed with the wwe

Wow..

Are Barrett and Cena going to join forces now?

Thoughts on that Alberto Del Rio? Boring?

Barrett and Cena could be good if it works out right.

Del Rio is the new Muhammad Hassan[if you cant see it you cant see it]. His mic work sometimes can lag because of the translation and accent, but he really works the crowd. His in ring is almost flawless for a man his size. It's nice to watch Del Rio matches, he has been a part of my getting back in to the E lately. Really loving that finisher of his. At times, he pulls it off so fluidly..and the dude ain't small. I think Del Rio is definitely next, something tells me Vince is VERY HIGH on him. I'd say the ball is in his court he just needs to score with it.

Has Danielson been MIA or what? I don't recall seeing him much lately.

Dirty Knowledge
01-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh and btw

http://www.wwe.com/inside/top25/topmatches2010/

king vs miz is 23...

check two
01-04-2011, 11:23 PM
I haven't really watched much Smakdown lately to be honest, so I haven't seen much of Del Rio. I'll have to watch more of him.

What did people think of that Miz/Morrison match on Raw?

I think Danielson is still doing that thing where both of the Bella twins want him. Do the Bella twins switch places every single match they are in? Is Ted Dibiase in the doghouse?

Dirty Knowledge
01-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Saw Superstars.. for once lol. Well, just the ME. Danielson I guess is there now? That's cool actually. They're not RUSHING him.. but they're really giving him a build. Tyson Kidd is heel now? I think he could be a great one... Kidd vs Danielson on Superstars everyweek would be just amazing.

Bout to watch the Heenan DVD I think....

Fatal Guillotine
01-09-2011, 05:18 PM
has awesome kong debut yet?

battle?
01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
^ its coming very soon

battle?
01-09-2011, 07:26 PM
matt hardy @ genesis 2night>?

Dirty Knowledge
01-09-2011, 07:52 PM
hes facing rvd word is

battle?
01-09-2011, 07:59 PM
^ an he has a "H" carved in the back of his head?
both them hardy's need 2 layoff the oxy 80's

Dirty Knowledge
01-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Yeah well when Florida tightens up on them the whole country will be laying off the greens blues and everything in between.

I'm actually thinking it's Batista.. as far as taking a guess from the "I didnt read a rumor" standpoin

battle?
01-09-2011, 08:19 PM
^ i cant wait till florida outlaws that shit..
ive had 2 many friends end up dead,homeless or otherwize not able to produce hiphop cause of that shit.

Dirty Knowledge
01-09-2011, 08:29 PM
It won't be outlawed but you won't be able to doc. shop or reup from these shady ass doctors anymore who run ghetto ass shops. The government will have to have the final say in outlawing, and the drug is actually a damn good drug for its actual causes so I don't see that happening.

Perdue the maker of Oxycontin actually changed their 80s up if you notice in the streets there ain't 80s no more, they doubled/tripled/quad'd in price and are running out, or they got the OPs now. But they don't have the same effect. So the makers are starting to try atleast. As far as the Roxys.. that's a whole nother story. I don't see them changing TWO different pill formulas.. so now it's going to be attack of the Roxys....and the blues already taking over where the greens left off.

Dirty Knowledge
01-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Sorry it's not Matt, Fatt Hardy decided to show up instead..

Dirty Knowledge
01-09-2011, 09:56 PM
MRRRRR ANDEEEERRSSSOOON!!!

WOW!! What a delightful surprise!

Day couldn't have been topped off any better. :spin:

Jeru
01-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Anderson champ cuz Jeff might be going to jail?

hectis
01-10-2011, 06:17 AM
pretty much

Dirty Knowledge
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Yep. But Anderson deserves it. Did anyone watch the match? Anderson / Morgan was actually pretty decent. And then Anderson / Hardy was just spectacular. I loved the finish. It was TNA tacky but they didn't SCREW IT UP... anytime you can do something that makes the fans happy it's a plus and they def. did that by giving all the Assholes their World Champion.

I know the Anderson haters will pull out all the he gets hurt too much shit.. but the dude is one of the most solid workers I have watched since the mid 2000's. His improvement has been noticeable very much since then. I think he got a bad rep in the WWE because of REAL assholes like Randy Orton running their spoiled little silver spoon fed mouths to Vince and Trips.

And he is Godly on the stick... at times stale, but he usually keeps it refreshing somehow. Should be interesting nonetheless... I think I'll be giving TNA a few spins atleast for the next few weeks see if Anderson can maybe run with this thing...

hectis
01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
the finish was good I rather have ken be champion than hardy

over all I thought the ppv was ok

check two
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Gang initiation on Raw? lol

check two
01-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Scott Steiner back in TNA?

Jeru
01-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Scott Steiner back in TNA?

Thank God, I missed his nonsensical promos :)

check two
01-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Is the Main Event Mafia going to reform in TNA to go up against Immortal?

lol @ Vince wanting to induct Ted Turner into the WWE Hall of fame.

Jeru
01-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Is the Main Event Mafia going to reform in TNA to go up against Immortal?

lol @ Vince wanting to induct Ted Turner into the WWE Hall of fame.

Don't think so, Nash denies resigning with TNA or ever resigning again and Booker looks like he'll be heading to WWE. The Mafia ain't the Mafia without Chet Lemon and Black Snow

Dirty Knowledge
01-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Booker T really is a legend. Kofi Kingston struggles so hard on the mic. I'm sorry if that's "racist" becuz I'm comparing 'em based on looks But Booker man.. he was STRAIGHT GUTTER.. and people LOVED him. Booker T is probably the best BLACK wrestler to EVER lace the boots. If he's back in the E I am happy as hell. He should work with Kofi. I know Kofi isn't from the streets like Book, but he needs to get an edge on the mic, instead of being that laid back cool guy who can put on a hella match but is corny on mic. His promo vs Randy Orton on Randy's racecar gift from LeGACY was a glimpse in to what Kofi can be. Too bad Orton ran his pussy ass mouth after Kofi fucked up a match ending later on.

Dolph vs Edge is heatin up on SD!, gonna be a GOOD feud it seems.

And Kofi vs Swagger can be GREAT. It has been. They should carry this in to WM and switch the title maybe twice before then between them and then BAM, insta-Ladder Match for the IC at WM. Maybe that's a little too long to carry a feud like this, but Swagger was DEAD ON when he said he was taking it to a higher level. Kofi is already with him there, but I think it's Kofi who can still raise the bar.

Actually quite glad I caught SD! last night I was thoroughly impressed with the show.

LOL @ Steiner back. I have ALWAYS been a Big Poppa Pimp mark. the Steiner Bros well of course we all know how great they were... but Scotty really broke out even if people think he's a laughing stock as a singles wrassler [thank Triple H and the WWF 2003 for that one]

Dirty Knowledge
01-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh yeah, and I really like NXT 2.0 on SD! now. Don't ask why.

Dirty Knowledge
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Skip Sheffield should return when healthy and take out Punk and RAW's NEXUS.

battle?
01-19-2011, 04:26 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/01/18/wwe-all-stars-the-macho-man-lives

LORD ZERO
01-23-2011, 11:46 PM
vince thinks skip sheffield can make a good face.........-FACEPALM X1000-

Dirty Knowledge
01-24-2011, 05:43 PM
He can^

Don't sleep on Skip.

That "What it Do" got over as fuck. Probably the only NXT guy who's even close to having a catch phrase. He's goofy as fuck so as a face he'll be loveable. I think he would make a great heel. You can't judge him yet. He hasn't truely been given any real shine.

But LOL @ that black Cena dude shaving his hair. HAhaha now that's laughable. If they're giving him a shot then damn nigga we might as well give Skip two LOL.

battle?
01-29-2011, 12:13 PM
rumble tmrw!!!
booker an nash @ rumble?

Dirty Knowledge
01-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Really? LMFAO. SD! was awesome last night. A great lead-in to one of the E's biggest PPVs of the year. I wish they would write at least 1/2 like that on a weekly basis, though I haven't been able to complain much lately about the product, RAW either.

Anyway, DragonGate was on iPPV this week with their United shows. I think last night was NY, NY and tonight is at the ECW Arena. YAMATO defeated BxB Hulk for the Open the Freedom Gate Title. I hear it was an excellent match.

Other results from the 1st night:

* Akira Tozawa vs. Sami Callihan. Winner: Akira Tozawa

* Jon Moxley promo. He bad mouthed New York, the Yankees and Homicide. Playboy Playmate and Ms. Howard Stern Reby Sky confronted Moxley, trash talk between both of them as she stood up for NEW York and the people she slapped Moxley four or five times before he had enough and grabbed her and told Tozawa to hit her and teach her a lesson. He refused and Jigsaw made the save.

* Jigsaw vs. Jon Moxley. Winner Jon Moxley with help from Yamato. After the match, Moxley called out BxB Hulk who came out and confronted him. Yamato ended up taking him out.

* Open the Freedom Gate Title match . BxB Hulk defends vs. Yamato. Winner and New Open the Freedom Gate Champion - Yamato.

* Jimmy Jacobs promo. He congratulates Yamato and looks forward to facing him for the Open The Freedom Gate title in the future then calls out Brodie Lee.

* Jimmy Jacobs vs. Brodie Lee. Winner - Brodie Lee. Brodie Lee's teammates from Blood Warriors were at ringside.

* First found match of the Open the United Gate Tag Title Team Tournament (It's a round robin tournament) Naruki Doi & Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano. Winners - Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano earn two points in the tournament

* Austin Aries vs. Rich Swann. Winner - Austin Aries

The Open the United Gate Tag Team Title Tournament is Round Robin Style with the following scoring system:
- 2 points for a win
- 1 point for a draw
- 0 for a loss.

* First round match of the Open the United Gate Tag Team Title Tournament CIMA & Dragon Kid vs. Masato Yoshino & PAC. Winners - Masato Yoshino & PAC as they earn two points in the tournament.

* CIMA's and Naruki Doi's groups joined forces on January 14th. They are heels and are called the Blood Warriors. The groups name is a combination of the names of CIMA's two previous stables, Blood Generation and Warriors Internationals.

Open the United Gate Tag Team Title Tournament scorecard:

. Masato Yoshino & PAC - 2 points
. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano - 2 points
. Naruki Doi & Ricochet - 0 points
. CIMA & Dragon Kid - 0 points

If anyone can get links for this [Megaupload, w/e], hook it up!!

For those who never heard, here's a BxB Hulk vs YAMATO match from last year. DG:USA's shows are always filled with matches like these, always exiciting, rarely venturing in to the goofy/slowpaced worked matches.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg700g_bxb-hulk-vs-yamato_sport

battle?
01-29-2011, 04:03 PM
^sd was epic last night
im looking 4ward to the rumble tmrw
rumble always has some great angles an twists
taker shud re-appear tmrw night as well as hunter

Jeru
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Booker T back in WWE could be for a long run but I think the Nash return is just for hyping up the induction of Shawn Michaels in the HOF

battle?
01-30-2011, 11:42 AM
^ exactly..maybe sting will come out as entry # 40

Jeru
01-30-2011, 02:05 PM
^ exactly..maybe sting will come out as entry # 40

I'd love to see that...

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Booker getting another run is great. He's a great influence on the younger generation. Would love to see Book on RAW where he belongs but if they throw him on SD! that's probably better because he'll get more shine there.

I'm thinking tonight could be a really good show.

battle?
01-30-2011, 04:22 PM
wheres everyone streaming the event?

battle?
01-30-2011, 04:29 PM
awesome kong @ 2nights rumble as well

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 04:45 PM
http://whsports.net/ for starters is where I'll hit up first. I'll be able to find the best stream by the end of the night but if ya'll find a good one hook it up

battle?
01-30-2011, 07:05 PM
^ im there now.some people talking a diff lanuage there though

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 07:16 PM
ATDHE.net (http://atdhe.net/6310/watch-wwe-royal-rumble) got some good links

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 07:39 PM
http://atdhe.net/31183/watch-wwe-royal-rumble

best 1 so far...

battle?
01-30-2011, 07:44 PM
google chrome over here.that link isnt compatible.1st match was pretty good

KZA
01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/

use that most of the time.

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 08:05 PM
TNA needs to take notes on that Miz/Orton ending.

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 08:12 PM
...really...?.....eve....?.....

battle?
01-30-2011, 08:40 PM
^yup..shitty start to rumble,cud of been epic,seems they will revisit that @ next ppv

battle?
01-30-2011, 08:42 PM
wow morrison

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 09:43 PM
ALBERTO
DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooO OO!!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-30-2011, 10:05 PM
had a feeling Del Rio was gon win after listening to the pro wrestling report for a few months you coulda kinda tell the way the wwe was pushing del rio. and now the question is which champion is going to go after. wouldn't be shocked if its the wwe championship if you ask me.

Dirty Knowledge
01-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Del Rio is the fucking truth I was hoping he'd win but with the racist ass WWE I really didn't think so..but...damn..this was awesome.

KZA
01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
good to see diesel and booker t. sucks diesel didnt jacknife anyone.

no christian in the rumble sucked too

Jeru
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Love Edge winning with Christian's finisher
And I absolutly LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Kelly Kelly's asscrack :yes: :thumbup:

Jeru
02-02-2011, 10:51 AM
So... "They" are Fortune? Hernandez joins Immortal...TNA lost the plot...WWE won, Nash and Booker back and I think the promo on Raw was Sting (wishfull thinking at best :))

hide1998
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm glad Del Rio won (CM Punk was my number 1 pick, but Del Rio was my number two). I got this feeling that this year's Wrestlemania will turn out a good deal better than last year's.

hectis
02-03-2011, 02:18 PM
lol someone should have told tna "they" will be going to the wwe completely fucking up that story line

hectis
02-03-2011, 02:26 PM
so these are the matches we should expect to get at WM

miz vs cena (dont care we know cena will win to end the show with a face win)

edge vs ADR (should be a good match I hope ADR wins they need to get the belt on new people)

cm punk vs randy orton (another match that will be good and maybe the show stealer)

matches that might happen

undertaker vs wade or shameus or kane or HHH or sting or nash or who ever or no one
Rhodes vs RMJ
corre vs new nexus
big show vs jackson
money in the bank
king vs cole
what ever diva match they throw together

Fatal Guillotine
02-03-2011, 05:37 PM
ADR speaks on his MMA past, Mysterio, Undertaker, etc

a2wFqnHcI2A&feature=player_embedded

Fatal Guillotine
02-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Christopher Daniels back with TNA

Former Star Returning To TNA (SPOILERS)
Posted by Larry Csonka on 02.01.2011

Who is it?

According to Pwinsider.com, Christopher Daniels returned to TNA at last night's tapings. Daniels worked under a mask as Suicide, defeating Brian Kendrick. Daniels previously worked as Suicide when Frankie Kazarian got injured while doing the gimmick. There are plans for him to work as Suicide, and possibly to reprise his other masked persona of Curry Man down the line. According to TNA and ROH sources, working for TNA will have no effect on his ROH commitments and he remains signed to Ring of Honor.

Jeru
02-04-2011, 01:13 PM
I have to eat my own words regarding my last post.
After seeing Impact! I must admit, TNA did something good, something that hasn't happend in a long time.
Instead of the usual bringin in old stars, they stayed with the originals and gave them the spotlight. The fact that Fortune is "They", was I must admit a letdown but it looks promising. I'll stick with this for a while :yes:.

Fatal Guillotine
02-05-2011, 02:40 PM
rumor has it black snow is to return

hectis
02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
am adding drew vs dolph as a possible wm match

Dirty Knowledge
02-06-2011, 02:23 PM
They being 4Chan is cool but yeah it's nothing amazing.
AJ Styles is far from a young star though.
Dude was in WCW, remember Air Paris? LOL.
But yeah.. they did the right thing.
Now they need to get rid of Flair and Hogan, Bischoff is great as an on-air Commish or whatever his deal is.

battle?
02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
^ air paris!! nice!!!
it'd b great to see flair not on tv anymore.
2 bad he pays cream in alamony to 3 ex-wives
id expect to see him back in the "e" when batista comes back sometime next year
wm is gna b a good one this year

battle?
02-07-2011, 05:59 PM
NpgXM4YaxXQ

Dirty Knowledge
02-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Haha, everytime an athlete uses a Wrestling world title it's ALWAYS "The Big Gold Belt"

Fatal Guillotine
02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
what happen to sting

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Wrestlemaina 28=Miami

Miami-Dade County has won the bid to host World Wrestling Entertainment’s super bowl WrestleMania 28 in the spring of 2012 at Sun Life Stadium, a week-long event which attracts fans from around the world.

In the three-year process, the area won the bid over other cities under consideration, such as Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York and Toronto.

At a Wednesday press conference in South Florida, officials will detail the weeklong list of activities planned culminating with the WWE WrestleMania 28 pay-per-view at Sun Life Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins and five NFL Super Bowls. The stadium can seat more than 75,000.

Grammy Award Winner Emilio Estefan and other dignitaries are expected to be present during the press conference, as well as several poiiticians.

It will be the second WrestleMania in Florida and the third outdoors. In 2008, WrestleMania 24 was held at the outdoors Citrus Bowl in Orlando. That event set an attendance record for the stadium with 74,635 fans.

Last year, WrestleMania 26 set a University of Phoenix Stadium indoor attendance record, beating a U2 concert from 2009 by more than 20,000. Mania’s attendance was 72,219 with fans from 50 states and 26 countries - a common occurrence. The show grossed $5.8 million as well, becoming the highest grossing entertainment event ever at the stadium.

WrestleMania 26 also generated $45.1 million in economic impact for the greater Glendale/Phoenix area, according to a study conducted by the Enigma Research Corporation. The study said the show also garnered almost $5 million in local, state and county taxes. The economic impact derived from WrestleMania Week equated to the creation of 510 full-time jobs.

Those kinds of numbers are consistent to the host venue and area as WrestleMania Week is a financial gold mine, which is why many cities in North America bid annually for the extravaganza.

Miami had failed to lure the 2011 spectacular to South Florida, losing out to Atlanta. But WWE officials said the city was still on their radar when selecting the 2012 site because of its international ties, facilities, airports and experience hosting hundreds of other mega events.

Sun Life Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins and five NFL Super Bowls, can seat more than 75,000; attendance records have been broken for venues servicing WrestleMania, a major international event televised to more than 100 countries.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/09/2057187/wrestlemania-28-headed-to-sun.html

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
WWE/TNA News: Vince's perception, Sting, Layla, Mystico, etc.

A crazy week saw the main bouts on the WrestleMania card for 4/3 in Atlanta largely put together, and saw TNA’s big angle it was planning to unleash the next day fall apart.
WWE brought in Kevin Nash and Booker T, which TNA was hoping to debut as part of the babyface Main Event Mafia that would be the latest “They” faction to feud with Immortal. The two cases were very different. Booker T, who turns 46 in a few weeks, was in talks a few months ago to return to WWE, and then the talks broke off. But he came to the Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV show in Houston on 12/19 and once again expressed interest in returning and while no contract had been signed, a deal was in place for him to debut as a surprise at the Royal Rumble.
Nash, 51, who had insisted he was retiring, was expected by those in TNA to be returning to the promotion as a babyface as part of Eric Bischoff’s 2001 idea to get rid of the name stars, and then build to their coming back. Like in 2001, when he pulled several main stars, the comeback never took place because the deal to buy WCW, and then bring all the stars back after going dark and building up a new beginning, never happened.
Booker was contacted by TNA and told the promotion he was expecting to return to WWE. Nash, on the other hand, those in TNA claim he had committed to coming in and then went to WWE, where he showed up with jet black hair, as Diesel. For years, Nash had talked about wanting one last run as the gray-haired version of Big Daddy Cool (not necessarily Diesel, since he had become far more famous under his real name than he was under the name he first gained stardom in the mid-90s as). Aside from being told he had to color his hair to not look so old, he got his wish in what at the time was viewed as being a one-time thing. Nash is expected to sign a Legends contract, which is not a big money deal, and may become someone like a Roddy Piper or Ron Simmons type who shows up on TV for some angles or special occasions. With HHH ascending to power, it is possible he could fill any one of a number of roles. Nash being a sometimes coach in developmental was discussed, or he could be a part-time TV performer.
The two got gigantic reactions when they came out, probably the two biggest on the Rumble show (John Cena’s reaction was said to be at a similar level). Both were in and out quickly, and in both cases, the live audience was really upset about them having so little ring time. Because of the big reaction to Nash, an audible was called as referee Charles Robinson whispered something to him after he was eliminated, which may have been the instructions to walk past Big Show and at least tease something with a stare session that would kind of make fans forget he was dumped so quickly.
Booker was brought in to be a television announcer for Smackdown. He may also do an occasional angle and get in the ring, similar to Jerry Lawler. It was also discussed the possibility of him being a manager, as well as the idea of him being a coach on the next season of Tough Enough.
While TNA would have liked to have gotten Nash, Sting and Booker back together with Scott Steiner and Kurt Angle as the Main Event Mafia, it was also said in TNA that Booker was someone talked to but probably wasn’t going to happen. The name Bobby Lashley was thrown out, but those close to him said he had no interest. Sting also didn’t sign a new contract with TNA, which killed the idea dead and led to rumors flying like crazy at press time.
There was a huge lesson that should have been learned by anyone battling WWE on any kind of a level, and that is that before you run weeks worth of angles to build to a group of people coming in, you should already have them under contract before you start the angle. It led to an embarrassing situation, although in the long-run, it’s one that is better for the promotion.
TNA’s promise to debut “They” on the 2/3 television show (taped 1/31 in Orlando) ended up with “They” being Fortune, who turned babyface to feud with Eric Bischoff and Immortal. Yes, this makes absolutely no sense considering it was Fortune who was among those being warned and freaking out over “They.” Worse, on television, Crimson used a wire to choke A.J. Styles and threaten him with “They” coming and Styles acted scared and freaked out, and he ended up being the leader of “They,” with Ric Flair not being at the tapings this week. The whole “special show” that they had tried to peak ratings for fell apart. Not only did nobody new debut as “They,” but Flair, who had really been the point guy in the angle, wasn’t even booked for the 1/31 TV show because they didn’t want to tip their hand on his direction on the show. He was supposed to appear on 2/1, but due to a torn rotator cuff suffered on 1/29 in London when he wrestled Douglas Williams in his first match in three months, he wasn’t able to appear. Hulk Hogan was also scheduled to return and he wasn’t ready either. It’s better that TNA was forced to build the top around younger guys for the long haul, but it sure made them look Mickey Mouse this week.
Regarding Sting, he didn’t sign with TNA. Despite it being reported otherwise, several WWE sources say he has not signed with WWE. WWE produced videos to build to the return of The Undertaker on 2/21, which aired on both Raw and Smackdown and garnered an incredible amount of talk, particularly because people convinced themselves the videos weren’t for Undertaker. It has been confirmed that was the person the videos were for, and the Save Mart Center in Fresno was told to promote the show locally as “The return of The Undertaker.”
I guess because it was on Raw, and built to a date for a live Raw in Fresno (which people thought was only a few hours from where Sting lives, but Sting actually moved from Santa Clarita, CA to Dallas last year) and people saw Nash and Booker, they came up with the idea the videos were to introduce Sting. It may make for an interesting deal because if the company now doesn’t sign Sting, are there enough people who have jumped to the conclusion that if Undertaker is the only big return on that show, that people in the building won’t react? My gut says no, and Fresno is not a hardcore wrestling town, but a Hispanic wrestling town, so it makes a bad reaction even more unlikely.
Sting is available and it does make sense to use him for a one or two month run. Several in TNA over the past few days were openly talking that they thought he was going to be in WWE as well. And introducing Undertaker as the surprise and delivering Sting as the second surprise could be that great memorable moment in the Mania build-up. But the video was for Undertaker’s return.
He’s never been in WWE. Undertaker vs. Sting is the one thing that could be the special attraction type of non-regular match that makes Mania special. There are problems, notably that Undertaker couldn’t do much on his last run due to injuries, and his shoulder is in bad shape. Sting wasn’t able to do much on his last TNA run either, due to his own shoulder problem. Sting had been telling people last year that, at 51 (he turns 52 next month), this was going to be his last year. But he had said that every year since 2006, and every year Dixie Carter offering him a big contract for limited dates for another year caused him to return. And if he is going to call it a day, there is something to be said about doing it in front of 60,000 people in Atlanta as opposed to whenever this past year ended up being his last match than in a weird convoluted handicap match in a storyline that never played out where he was a heel all year, even though it was supposed to end with us finding out he and Nash, who played heel beating up faces, were at the end, actually the faces.
Mania is in Atlanta, and Sting was, along with Ric Flair, one of the two enduring faces of WCW, based in Atlanta, from the purchase of the company in 1988 until its demise in 2001. Of course, Bill Goldberg also made sense, as he was a bigger star than Sting ever was, and that didn’t materialize even though some key people in the company were pushing for it, perhaps because HHH has never liked Goldberg and he’s moved into a position of power.
As of right now, the WrestleMania card is scheduled as Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett for the streak as one of the main events. As of this past week, it is the match planned but we were told that if Undertaker isn’t ready to do a match, they would do Undertaker & Kane in 2-on-4 handicap match against Wade Barrett & Ezekiel Jackson & Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel where they’d hide Undertaker and have him do very limited duty tagging in for a few key spots.
The other main matches are scheduled as The Miz vs. John Cena for the WWE title, which would mean Cena would win the Raw Elimination Chamber on 2/20 in Oakland, Edge (who would have to win the Smackdown chamber the same night) defending the World title against Alberto Del Rio, HHH vs. King Sheamus, Randy Orton vs. C.M. Punk, a trios match with The Corre’s Gabriel & Slater & Jackson vs. Nexus members Michael McGillicutty & David Otunga & Mason Ryan and Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes (Mysterio personally asked for this one as he likes Rhodes and wanted to try and help elevate him).
As is pretty obvious since they are teasing it so strongly, Jerry Lawler will be wrestling at his first Mania this year, barring an injury between now and then. You can see the slow build of Lawler and Michael Cole. We can’t confirm what form it’ll be other than Lawler will wrestle. It could be Lawler wrestling with Cole as a referee, but that doesn’t make sense as a blow-off. They could put Lawler against Alex Riley with the idea that if Lawler wins, he gets five minutes with Cole or they could take it a different way. The other match we’ve heard talked about was a Money in the Bank bout. The debate is if they are doing a Money in the Bank PPV in July with likely two MITB matches, doing it three months earlier is overkill. If they do it anyway, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston and John Morrison would be in the match.
The key matches have already had angles built to get to. But WWE hates people guessing the direction, particularly since these matches in theory would give away the 2/20 PPV results. I don’t know that they’d change the matches, but they may do sleight-of-hand as far as the PPV just because of not wanting to be predictable.
Announced so far for the WWE’s final PPV before Mania, the 2/20 Elimination Chamber show from Oakland, is a Raw Chamber match–winner goes to Mania to face the WWE champion, with Cena vs. Sheamus vs. Orton vs. R-Truth vs. Punk vs. Morrison, The Smackdown chamber with the World title at stake with Edge vs. Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Mysterio vs. Barrett, and Miz vs. Lawler for the WWE title. I wouldn’t consider it an issue, but WWE may regarding the predictability on a show that has become the company’s fourth biggest event of the year. You would think Cole would play a part in the Lawler vs. Miz match, and probably in the finish. Other programs being teased right now include Del Rio vs. Kofi Kingston (makes sense to give Del Rio a solid win going into a major Mania match), Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov vs. Slater & Gabriel, Jackson vs. Big Show and perhaps a multiple person women’s match, or Eve Torres vs. Michelle McCool if they are doing a singles match. It makes sense to do the multiple person match at Mania so many women can get on the biggest show of the year.

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Scott Hall, 52, is trying to train Rich Young (Ricky Ortiz when he was in WWE), who is now living in Hall’s guest room. Hall noted that they stayed up all night earlier in the week watching tapes of Terry Gordy. Hall is returning to the Menninger Clinic in Houston for another round of rehab next week. Hall noted this will be his ninth trip to rehab and that WWE has paid for the last several since he was under contract with them. He said he’s looking forward to this one because the Menninger Clinic not only treats alcoholism and drug addiction, but treats mental illness, which Hall believes he has, either from all the concussions or bad choices he made lifestyle wise.

TNA

Regarding Fortune now feuding with Immortal, that was always the plan, just they rushed it happening because the feud was going to be Fortune and Immortal against The Main Event Mafia. When that ran its course, Fortune was going to turn face.

Ric Flair ended up suffering a torn rotator cuff in his 1/29 match with Douglas Williams in London. I believe Flair had suffered a similar injury in the 90s. The match was going well until he pushed off Williams in his trademark slam off the top rope spot and it went out. When the match was originally booked by management weeks ago, it was for Williams to get a huge win in London, and obviously Flair isn’t going to complain at this stage about putting Williams over in his home country. But on the night of the show when Williams found out, he refused the win and would not do any compromise finish other than Flair winning clean based on his respect for Flair. The finish ended up coming out of nowhere and felt flat, to the point people wrote and asked if it was a mistake finish. It was the planned finish but they may have gone home quickly after Flair got hurt. Flair wasn’t booked on the 1/31 show because of changing the “They” angle but was booked to appear on the 2/1 show, but didn’t due to the injury. TNA was aware he was injured in the match and wanted him to go to the hospital that night in England. He decided against it and decided to wait until he returned home.

Flair had returned on the tour on 1/27 in Glasgow, and apologized to everyone backstage before the show. The company felt pressure to get him back on the tour because the shows were built around his name, and some of the promoters who had purchased shows were wanting him on the show since Kurt Angle wasn’t there either because of his wife being hospitalized, and A.J. Styles had also been pulled due to his injury. Most of the talent believed the office was in the right in the argument with Flair, and it’s not the easiest thing for wrestlers to back the office against a wrestler who is usually popular. Of course this is wrestling and Flair also had people on the tour who texted him while he was gone saying they fully supported him. Let’s just say I’ve heard from people with both viewpoints this past week. There were people blaming the road agent, but with Dixie Carter on the tour and a dispute over Ric Flair making a town, somehow I don’t think any decisions on something like this were made without her knowledge and approval. Flair had paid to fly his wife over and his credit card was apparently maxed out and asked for a draw, which was regular wrestling business through most of his career.

James Storm reportedly pulled a groin muscle in Dublin but didn’t miss any dates, and most nights Beer Money against Magnus & Williams were reported to have had the best match on the show. There were people joking about how Storm would do the match, then when it was over be hurt, and then seemingly be fine at the bar after the show. It was noted the injury was legit but eyebrows were still raised.

Madison Rayne got sick enough on tour that she didn’t work in Manchester, so instead of the usual Rayne & Tara vs. Mickie James & Angelina Love match, they did Love vs. James with Tara as ref.

Christopher Daniels returned in a match not taped for Impact on the 1/31 tapings, under a mask as Suicide. Daniels is under contract to ROH and both sides have worked out a deal. Daniels will be allowed to work both TVs and house shows for TNA, as long as he wears a mask, until his TNA contract expires. He will be working for both promotions until that time. TNA wanted him back as part of the new doctrine to put more emphasis on the X Division and try and get it hot by the summer. Daniels was the original Suicide in TNA, and they even did an angle where heels would hint it was Daniels, but then Kazarian, the original choice to play Suicide, who got injured, so Daniels took the role, had returned so they did Daniels & Suicide as a team. There had been plans to continue the Suicide character with either Akira Raijin (Kiyoshi) or Kazuchika Okada playing it, but when the video game deal evaporated (Suicide was a character in their video game), it never went anywhere. This kind of a deal may open up the possibility of El Generico also working in the X Division here, as he did well in his tryout match but was under an ROH contract. The fact ROH wanted Daniels not to use his identity may mean Generico would have to use another name, and there is also the chance TNA, which wants to own the names of its wrestlers and changes their names unless they had a big name known in the U.S., would want him to use a different identity anyway. I should point out that at this point TNA has not done anything in the direction of making any plans to use Generico.

Of the European wrestlers who got tryouts, most did well. Mark Hawkins blew away the field and if anyone will get a gig out of it, he will. Heard nothing really special on Johnny Moss or Lion Heart, and that Murat Bosporous, the German wrestler, didn’t look good.

The Destination X show and Victory Road shows being flip-flopped is because the plan is to bolster the X Division and they want it to be a big deal, and it wouldn’t be in the next month or two, but they hope it will be by July when the show is now scheduled.

Matt Hardy’s deal is for three years and he got the same perks as a superstar level talent would get.

Abyss is expected back at the 2/24 tapings in Fayetteville. He’s being kept off selling injuries from having Janice stabbed in his back by Crimson..

Fatal Guillotine
02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
WWE

WWE released that Steve Austin would be the host of this season’s Tough Enough series, which is a big coup for the show. Talks for Austin in this role had been going on for some time. The deal was made by Shed Media Inc., the production company, with Austin, which is an interesting note because it wasn’t WWE that made the deal, although WWE did attempt it and did want Austin for the spot. It makes sense because as noted before, Tough Enough has to do good ratings, nearly double that of Ultimate Fighter, to be a success because of the higher standards of ratings by the USA Network in prime time. A 1.2 for Spike is great when they average an 0.6, but a 1.2 on USA, which averages a 2.3, is a disaster. The NCIS reruns in that time slot have topped 3.0 at times, and while nobody probably expects that, Tough Enough in a sense is in a similar position as NXT, and NXT ratings would be a major failure for the show and hurt their chances of landing anything non-in-ring wrestling going forward. Austin I believe will help in week one, which airs after Raw and will do a solid number. But the first episode has to be good, because 8 p.m. on Monday has its drawbacks, including whether people want to watch three hours of wrestling on Mondays. Just Austin as host isn’t going to mean much for ratings by week three or four unless the show itself works.

Regarding Randy Savage in the WWE All-Stars video game, while it was a THQ call, WWE has to approve of any character THQ wants in the game. Obviously with Savage, Hogan and Ultimate Warrior, WWE wasn’t turning people down. But to get Savage, they did have to get Vince to sign off on it, as they had to for wanting Hogan and Warrior. All three were people that THQ made the deals with on their own, and then had to get Vince to sign off on. There are a lot more names not announced in the game and it will be pushed as the greatest roster of names ever in a WWE video game. Among the promotional lines that will be used are “2 Generations, 1 Ring” and “The greatest matchups haven’t happened...until now.” It will be marketed with the idea you can put Cena vs. Hogan, Savage vs. Orton, etc. The idea is this game is meant to be NBA Jam is Smackdown vs. Raw is equivalent to NBA 2K or NBA Live.

Don’t know details on this other than it came from someone who would know that there is something to the obvious speculation regarding the last week of the Hart Foundation. This included David Hart Smith being pulled from the Rumble a few days earlier (which may have just been opening up spots for either the decision to put Orton and Ziggler in or when the Nash deal was finalized–Booker in the Rumble was decided upon some time back); Natalya being called fat in an angle and then losing her title out of the blue and the Hornswoggle Attitude Adjustment being done on Tyson Kidd.

WWE taped some Legends Roundtable shows this past week for WWE Classics on Demand. The crew was Bret Hart, Jim Ross, Michael Hayes and Pat Patterson, with Gene Okerlund directing traffic. The shows will air in March. One show was on greatest rivalries with them discussing Austin vs. Rock, Freebirds vs. Von Erichs, Andre vs. Hogan and Bret Hart vs. Michaels. The second show was taped for a June airing and talked about the history of Canadian territorial wrestling. Ross also noted being interviewed for a Gorgeous George DVD, a Ted DiBiase DVD, and a wwe.com piece on wrestlers who came from West Texas State University (off the top of my head: Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr., Bobby Duncum, Kelly Kiniski, Ted DiBiase Sr., Manny Fernandez, Tito Santana, Scott Casey and Tully Blanchard). The reason is that wrestling was a big part of Amarillo culture in the 60s and 70s, and most of the football players had interest. Plus, The Funks went to school there. A lot of the guys were good football players. Duncum played in the NFL and Hansen was drafted by an NFL team and he and Brody both played in the WFL. Brody was on the Redskins practice squad and played for Vince Lombardi in 1968 but never suited up for a game. Rhodes was actually a better baseball player, playing varsity in two sports (yes, Dusty was a legit athlete despite his physique) and tried baseball and football before wrestling, playing semi-pro in both sports. Santana played in Canada. Blanchard was starting quarterback and Santana was a wide receiver on the same team, while DiBiase was a lineman. Although he was always billed as having played at West Texas State, **** Murdoch never went to the college and never played college football. But he was said to have played so often that he actually played in a Varsity vs. Alumni game because everyone assumed he had played.

“The Chaperone” will get a similar very limited (as in almost non-existent) theatrical release on the weekend of 2/18 and then be released on video a few weeks later.

McCool has been working with a bulging disc in her neck between her C-5 and C-6 vertebrae.

This is a complete WWE DVD release listing for the rest of the year: Big Show (2/22), Royal Rumble (3/1), The Chaperone--HHH movie (3/8), True Story of WrestleMania (3/15), Elimination Chamber (3/22), WrestleMania (5/10), That’s What I Am–Orton movie (5/10), Best of Nitro (5/24), Extreme Rules (5/31), Over the Limit (6/21), Ted DiBiase Sr. (6/28); Best Cage Matches (7/12), Fatal Four Way (7/19); Bending the Rules–Edge movie (8/9), Money in the Bank (8/16), Best of Raw seasons three and four(8/23); SummerSlam (9/13); Randy Orton (9/20); Inside Out–second HHH movie (9/27); Smackdown The Best of 2010 and 2011 (10/11); Night of Champions (10/18); Hell in a Cell (11/1); HHH (11/8); Bragging Rights (11/22), 50 Biggest Matches in WWE History (11/29); Blood Brothers–Cena movie (sometime in November); Austin vs. Rock: The Rivalry (12/13); Survivor Series (12/20); Best PPV matches of 2011 (12/27).

After another disappointing PPV number, the Survivor Series is once again in jeopardy. In the WWE listings for the November PPV, while Survivor Series is still listed, internally there is something listed with it that says “New Name/Concept TBD” and that is also listed with the planned Survivor Series 2011 DVD.

They had to do reshooting of some stuff in “Bending the Rules” this past week in Los Angeles. That’s why Edge was in Los Angeles and he ended up staying at the same hotel as the WrestleReunion. Edge was around the convention and he was socializing with a lot of the wrestlers from the current era like Helms, and watched the ROH show to see the Kings of Wrestling vs. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin match. He said when he’s in Los Angeles he stays at the Hilton and didn’t know about the convention until he got there.

It appears Lawler is going to get to wrestle at Mania this year. He’s never done a Mania and it has been a goal. Twice he was considered. Once there was a promise that he’d get a match but didn’t. Another time there was talk (2009 Jericho vs. legends match) of him being in the match but Vince nixed it because in Vince’s mind, he wanted Jericho at Mania 25 facing three Hall of Famers (Lawler qualified) who were on Mania 1 (a qualification Lawler didn’t have). Vince ended up going with Piper, Snuka and Valentine. There were times when there were going to be more. And finally, when the decision was made to be three-on-one, Jericho pleaded his case to save the match by asking for Steamboat. Since Steamboat was in the first Mania, it was approved. Sounds so silly in hindsight.

The city of Gwynedd, a small town in Wales, is mad because WWE is billing Mason Ryan from Cardiff, Wales, which is a completely different part of the country and several hundred miles away. Malcolm Griffiths, his father, was quoted in the Daily Post as saying “It is disappointing because I am sure he would have liked to have been promoting his home village.” He said his son would still promote where he’s from in interviews (well, not on their time he won’t). WWE’s response was: “Mason Ryan is a character from Wales and that character is from Cardiff. We appreciate this is not his local town but Cardiff is used as WWE is a global brand. For ease of recognition, we have chosen a city that is best known.” Jack Swagger is very lucky that Danny Hodge came from Perry, OK, because there is no way a city of that size would cut the mustard otherwise. And luckily Cena has enough clout he can be from West Newbury, MA instead of Boston, which at least is in the same metro area. Then again, pro wrestling has a long history with fake home towns.

Ross will be the special ring announcer at the 3/13 Smackdown brand house show in Oklahoma City.

A correction regarding Vince McMahon selling $41 million worth of WWE stock in December. He did, but that was misleading. He actually has his stock in WWE broken down into three different accounts, stock in the name of Vince McMahon (28,739,845 shares worth $344 million); Stock in a 2010 trust fund (4,500,000 shares worth $53.9 million) and Stock in a 2008 trust (10,181,582 shares worth $121.9 million).

There have been a number of theories regarding this, but of late, as in the last several weeks, WWE’s live events and especially TV tapings have been doing exceptionally strong walk-up business. Now this also coincides with poor advances, as the overall business is at what I’d consider average for a normal time period, and slightly below average since this is the good season (WWE traditionally draws its best January through March). The theory seems to be that it’s economy related, that people who want to go may not have the money when tickets go on sale and get them right away as in the past, but find the money at show time. But the economy has been made for a long time and this has not been the case until the past few weeks.

Goldust is targeting June for his return after surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff.

Rhodes is going old-school with his worked injuries, as he’s been on the road in public always wearing a bad aid on his nose.

Jennifer Hudson, the fiancé of Otunga, was backstage at the Rumble.

The Mark Henry cologne skit on Raw a few weeks ago with Derrick Bateman was an internal joke because Henry has the reputation of smelling worse while sweating than anyone in the company. Many talent bring it up when working with him for that reason.

check two
02-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Does anybody have a feeling that Jerry Lawler might win the heavyweight belt at the next PPV, and probably have it for just a real short time?

Jeru
02-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Does anybody have a feeling that Jerry Lawler might win the heavyweight belt at the next PPV, and probably have it for just a real short time?

Thinking the same thing, maybe with Cena involved or something.

Dirty Knowledge
02-10-2011, 12:40 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

WM COMING TO SOUTH BEACH!?!?!?!

YOU ALREADY KNOW!!!!

jeaaa

Dirty Knowledge
02-10-2011, 12:43 PM

I dunno why anybody doubted my sayings on Lawler. I think it's a certain he wins the belt. I never thought Miz was going to WM as champ, so Lawler will transistion in to somebody else. I could be wrong. Miz is doing his fucking thing, over as fuck right now. But I just don't think he's WM ready, yet. Especially not as Champion. Plus we already have Del Rio in the other match and I know Vince won't have two young guys in both Title matches.

Mr. R&B
02-10-2011, 12:57 PM
^Maybe you'll get incredibly lucky and end up nailing a Diva lol.

Nice vid in your sig BTW.

FMW is the shizznizzle.

Dirty Knowledge
02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Was. Lmfao. I still love watching old FMW matches tho'. Brass Knuck's champ my nigga.

battle?
02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
i think u may see the gm finally revealed @ some point.has 2 be cole.i expect trips @ the next ppv. i agree with the king grabbing the belt @ the chamber but it doesnt seem so realistic. miz is so over as a heel right now they cant let him drop it against the king but it wud set up a shall i say a "flair for the gold" esq flavor to it if the king jerry did grab the belt from him.speaking of flair i think his time with tna is done sooner than later

Jeru
02-11-2011, 09:42 AM
i think u may see the gm finally revealed @ some point.has 2 be cole.i expect trips @ the next ppv. i agree with the king grabbing the belt @ the chamber but it doesnt seem so realistic. miz is so over as a heel right now they cant let him drop it against the king but it wud set up a shall i say a "flair for the gold" esq flavor to it if the king jerry did grab the belt from him.speaking of flair i think his time with tna is done sooner than later

I have to agree with everything here.
It's a shame tho' about Flair. When I first saw him in TNA I was like yeaaaaaaah and he was funny in tbe beginning but not it's just pathetic. Does he still have blood left in his body? It's really a shame it has to end like it will

Fatal Guillotine
02-12-2011, 03:56 PM
HHH Pushing For Him & JR To Take Over WWE Developmental

In what may be the very first clue of post-Vince McMahon World Wrestling Entertainment, HHH is pushing hard behind the scenes for what a key insider described to WrestleZone as "a major overhaul" to the developmental system.

"It's no secret within WWE that HHH feels the developmental system is a joke," our inside source told us this evening, "and the Florida developmental area looks to be a runaway train."

Our source tells us that HHH has pitched directly to Vince McMahon that Jim Ross be utilized in a recruiting capacity, while HHH would oversee more of what Talent Relations Executive John Laurinaitis does on a daily basis in terms of checking up on the system.

check two
02-13-2011, 02:25 AM
WDKm2Nk_L6Q

check two
02-13-2011, 02:29 AM
dmUTxAOGOng

battle?
02-14-2011, 10:26 PM
classic words by the wrestlemania quest host on raw 2night

check two
02-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Is he going to be wrestling eventually? Cause he said he isn't leaving this time. lol I thought maybe a feud with Cena.

battle?
02-14-2011, 10:35 PM
^ no doubt.the great one most likely is.id be nice if he won the chamber an faced the guest host.great cena shitting on during that segment

check two
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I thought he was never going to come back as a wrestler, except for maybe a one off match once in a while. lol

hectis
02-14-2011, 10:46 PM
The Rock cuts some of the best promos ever

battle?
02-14-2011, 10:52 PM
^ co-sign no one does it better,he proved it 2nite,not that he had 2

check two
02-14-2011, 10:55 PM
I might get some heat for this, but I got tired of him years back, cause of the repetitiveness. But it was nice to see him back.

battle?
02-14-2011, 10:57 PM
heat? wasnt that wut wwf had as a sunday night show?

True Father Allah
02-15-2011, 02:12 AM
why did he son Cena for 20 minutes after the show was supposed to go off the air?

battle?
02-17-2011, 06:17 PM
^ if the rock was in this thread an he an saw ur question he prob wud say..
What is your name?.....
It doesn't matter what your name is.
Know your role and shut your mouth.
You can take this question shine it up real nice, turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass, Jabroni.

the insignificant
02-18-2011, 06:37 AM
I might get some heat for this, but I got tired of him years back, cause of the repetitiveness. But it was nice to see him back.

i wasn't a fan of the wwe during the monday night wars, so i found the rock to be incredibly boring... the worst part about it is that when he wasn't rattling off one of his 50 catch phrases, he could actually be quite funny...

it was good to see him back though... that may be the loudest pop i've heard in a long, long time... you could barely hear the 'what the rock' part when his theme was playing...

the way the crowd reacted, it seems as though the wwe should just go back to the slogan style promos... maybe the live crowd feels more involved in the show by being a bunch of parrots... anything to stop those stupid 'what' chants...

great interruption by the general manager... i thought cole played his part very well during that promo... he fed rocky perfectly and rocky belted him accordingly...

Jeru
02-18-2011, 10:00 AM
The fact that when the show opened they were cheering for Cena and when it ended they were booing him says enought about the WWE audience LOL

battle?
02-20-2011, 05:23 PM
anyone watchin the chamber 2night?

check two
02-22-2011, 08:40 PM
How was the PPV?

Trish and Booker T both on Tough Enough also?

battle?
02-22-2011, 10:46 PM
^ morrison an punk def were the top performers from the night.mania shud be one for the ages.
the segment between taker an trips last night on raw cud of been alot better if they gave them mics afta the commercial break,
will the tag titles ever hold there weight again?

Dirty Knowledge
02-24-2011, 09:20 AM
^ morrison an punk def were the top performers from the night.mania shud be one for the ages.
the segment between taker an trips last night on raw cud of been alot better if they gave them mics afta the commercial break,
will the tag titles ever hold there weight again?

Did anyone else get a laugh out of Sheamus being the immediate next segment after Trips/Taker's staredown went to commercial? Lmao.

Fatal Guillotine
02-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Mistico signing announced today in Mexico City and it's headlining WWE.com

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/17083940

Sin Cara joins WWE
Written: February 24, 2011

Mexico City-born ring sensation Sin Cara has joined WWE.
Related Content

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high-flying style and awe-inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”

Fatal Guillotine
03-01-2011, 11:18 AM
WrestleZone has learned from a key insider this evening that World Wrestling Entertainment still has "extensive, major plans" for Awesome Kong, but the reason she has yet to debut with the company is because "Wrestlemania season is not the time to debut a new character."

The comparison was made to Brock Lesnar's debut with Paul Heyman in 2002, which occurred the day after Wrestlemania. "Vince (McMahon) has high hopes for Kong," our key insider told us, "he doesn't want her to get lost in the push to Mania, and wants a clear, direct, focused, powerful spotlight on her when she finally debuts."

Fatal Guillotine
03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
LAX Reuniting In ROH

That was the scene that went down Saturday after the ROH World Tag Champions The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) beat The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) to retain the ROH World Tag Titles and continue their record setting title reign.

Following that confrontation, ROH officials are now excited to announce that “The Notorious 187” Homicide has put in a call and on March 19, 2011 at “Manhattan Mayhem IV”, he will reunite with Hernandez inside The Manhattan Center!

And as if that reunion was not enough, Homicide & Hernandez will take on the reigning ROH World Tag Champions in a non-title bout to see if the KoW can continue to back up their boastful words! Homicide & Hernandez have been champions in their own right, and if there’s any man who can match Claudio Castagnoli’s power, it is certainly Hernandez. Will the 5150 reign supreme when “The Notorious 187” comes home? Or will the KoW continue their reign of dominance over the entire tag team wrestling scene?

Fatal Guillotine
03-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Sources close to Strikeforce Women's Middleweight Champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos indicate the Brazilian mixed martial artist is in negotiations with World Wrestling Entertainment.
Two weeks ago, Cristiane attended a WWE live event in California with her husband, Strikeforce fighter Evangelista Santos. She was offered a contract on the spot.
Christiane has not been offered a fight since her June 26, 2010 bout against Jan Finney. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker declined to comment on the matter, but it is largely assumed the promotion has been unable to find any willing participants over the course of the past nine months. For those who don't follow MMA, she is a huge name in the MMA world. She's also not your 'typical' WWE Diva.
Santos fought Gina Carano on August 15, 2009 at Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg for the Women's Middleweight Championship (145 lbs). Santos won via TKO at 4:59 of the 5:00 first round.

check two
03-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm a little behind on the info. Is Jimmy Hart managing Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania?

battle?
03-04-2011, 10:07 PM
^ hope not

Fatal Guillotine
03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Kurt Angle recently did an interview with the UK Sun and had the following to say about his contract coming up and his future with TNA:

"My contract comes up in August/September. I'm going to re-evaluate. But I am NOT going anywhere else. I will stay in TNA, I just need to see how much I'm going to be wresting for them, whether part time or whatever amount of time, but I'm very happy in TNA. A lot of my fans have been asking 'When are you going back to WWE?' but I will retire here. I'm very excited about the product, the company keeps growing and I like to think I've been a small part of it. I'm going to stick around and hopefully I'll do something part time when my contract is up. I think Dixie Carter and myself need to sit down and work it out. I'm not against even working every PPV. I just know that I can't continuously go on the road and wrestle hundreds of days a year. I'm not able to any more. Not if I'm to be able to perform the way they want me to."

Fatal Guillotine
03-10-2011, 05:08 PM
WWE signs Tenile to Developmental Contract

[Quote]Details inside…

- SHIMMER made the following announcement today…
Everyone at SHIMMER - WOMEN ATHLETES would like to congratulate Tenille on signing a developmental contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

The Melbourne, Australia native relocated to Calgary, Alberta, Canada to train under Lance Storm at Storm Wrestling Academy prior to expanding her schedule to include competing regularly for both SHIMMER and ECCW in the Vancouver area in 2009.

Tenille will also be featured on the reality television series "World of Hurt" which completed filming prior to her signing with WWE.

Best of luck to Tenille on her future in professional wrestling!

check two
03-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Is she fat?

Fatal Guillotine
03-10-2011, 05:47 PM
try 411mania.com for pictures

check two
03-10-2011, 06:05 PM
You couldn't just post a picture? lol

check two
03-11-2011, 01:52 AM
http://the-feeding-tube.com/media/1/20080306-Brooke-Adams-8.jpg

Fatal Guillotine
03-11-2011, 10:36 AM
this joe vs pope feud is lame

check two
03-11-2011, 02:48 PM
How is this site to watch replays of wrestling shows, PPV's, etc?

http://www.telly-tv.com/forum.php

check two
03-13-2011, 09:40 PM
What was up with the main event tonight at the PPV? I heard that something might have been wrong with Jeff Hardy, and they ended the match quick, and Sting looked irritated?

Was he drunk? lol @ Sting knocking down Bischoff right in front of Hardy, and Hardy paying more attention to wanting to throw his shirt into the audience?

q8D74vvChls

TFIEHPbFbEY

racist randy
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
^^^^lmao I was just about to post that, this nigga was high as fuck lol haha

Mr. R&B
03-14-2011, 09:02 PM
It's Jeff Hardy, that should come as no surprise to anybody at this point.

It's pretty damn pathetic if you ask me.

check two
03-14-2011, 09:11 PM
You would think he wouldn't have gotten messed up like that this close to his drug related court hearing though? lol And what I don't understand is why didn't they replace him with somebody else in the main event, if they knew ahead of time that he wasn't fit to wrestle? What was the point in Bischoff announcing that it was going to be a no DQ match? When he announced that, you would think that maybe another heel would have came down and put some punishing on Sting, so that Hardy didn't have to do as much. The fans deserve a real cheap price on the next PPV. Again, lol @ the t shirt thing. ha ha ha

racist randy
03-14-2011, 09:24 PM
lol haha, how you a heel and you shaking the fans hands lmao haha, bischoff put the mic between his ass so the crowd wouldnt hear him shit on hardy lol, hardy tries to break out the pin and sting doesnt let him lol haha

check two
03-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I didn't think people usually got right back up after a scorpion death drop thing? Hardy acted like he got pinned with a small package or something. lol

racist randy
03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
lol watch it again, hardy tries his best to break out after the 2 count and sting doesnt let him, and the ref just keeps going, they both knew he was high as a kite, bischoff only came out to buy some time lol

check two
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I had read that the PPV was like one of the shortest that TNA has ever had, even with the added recap thing at the end. lol I think Bischoff was ad libbing some of that. lol Though, they still should have had somebody replace Hardy. Hogan would have moved around better.

Mr. R&B
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
My guess would be that he's completely succumbed to addiction and can't help it.

You're right, it's a blatantly idiotic move to appear at a PPV completely cocked on whatever this close to a pending drug hearing.

That could possibly be used as evidence.

Obviously logical thought processes did not play a role in his descision that night.

You're also on point about the booking thing, there should've been another heel to interfere and let Jeff play the ropes for a quick few, but TNA makes screwy booking choices all the time so that's nothing new either.

Maybe the guys in the back are tired of his bullshit and didn't want to pick up his slack.

I know I'm tired of it and believe me I'm not some anti-drug jerkhole.

But showing up to work like that is the height of irresponsibility.

/rant

racist randy
03-14-2011, 09:45 PM
lol yeah i know, idk wtf they were thinking....they probably wont fire him..vince mcmahon is laughing his ass off

Mr. R&B
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I find it funny that WWE has no regard for the rest of USA's programming schedule.

When was the last time Raw actually ended @ 11:05 lol?

racist randy
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
lol haha

Fatal Guillotine
03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Name something that you wish WWE/TNA/ROH would change

battle?
03-15-2011, 05:57 PM
^ def not the way raw ended last night

battle?
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
with all the tna talk flair shud of stepd up 2 take on sting..
tna's lost..in a deep hole just like j-hardy

check two
03-15-2011, 11:31 PM
lol

An Announcement Regarding Victory Road
AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO TNA WRESTLING FANS REGARDING SUNDAY'S VICTORY ROAD PAY-PER-VIEW

TNA Wrestling strives to give fans who purchase our pay-per-views as close to a full three-hour event as possible. This past Sunday’s "TNA Victory Road" fell short of that standard. Your support of TNA is never taken for granted. To show you how we value that support, we would like to offer six months of free access to the TNAondemand.com library.

To receive your free offer, please send us a copy of your Victory Road pay-per-view purchase receipt to :

TNA OnDemand Offer
209 10th Avenue South, #302
Nashville, TN 37203.

Please be sure and submit your name, address, and email address, as we will be emailing a special code that will unlock over 300 hours of great TNA Wrestling action.

check two
03-23-2011, 12:48 AM
ha ha

NteM-jG6550

wuswordz95
03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
rip to wcw its been 10 years since their demise.

Fatal Guillotine
03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/jarrett

Longtime wrestling promoter Jerry Jarrett met with WWE officials this morning in Stamford, Conn., and he was not alone.

Dirty Knowledge
03-28-2011, 05:48 AM
I dunno if Lawler vs Cole can save WM at this point.

MaskedAvenger
03-28-2011, 06:39 AM
I havent been watching WWE lately, but what a shitty lineup for this years mania

check two
03-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Solid segments on Raw concerning Triple H/Undertaker/HBK and The Miz/Cena/Rock.

check two
03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
6HxRq0PcqXM

ironmantis
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I guess there isn't going to be a money in the bank match at wrestlemania this year as they now have a dedicated pay per view each year for that purpose?

I was looking forward to that match then realised there is no build up to it so I guess it wasn't going down.

So now we're stuck watching Morrison and Ziggler play support to Snooki, lol.

battle?
03-29-2011, 08:45 PM
^ the trips taker match shud be a good one
hbk wtf happened last night

check two
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
What a lenient charge. If it was reversed, and it was a male teacher with an underage girl, I wonder how many years he would have got?

- Daughter of wrestler Greg Gane arrested for having sex with underage boy

A former Cretin-Derham Hall teacher on Monday received a stayed jail sentence of one year and a $300 fine for having sex three years ago with a former high school football star.

Under the plea agreement Gail Gagne, 28, also must register as a sex offender, said Hennepin County District Judge Richard Scherer.

Gagne, who declined to speak in the courtroom or after the hearing, is the daughter of former professional wrestler Greg Gagne and the granddaughter of former wrestler Vern Gagne.

Both her father and her mother, Mary Gagne, accompanied her to the sentencing. Gail Gagne, who now lives in California, will be on probation for two years and was ordered to have no contact with the student or his family.

The student, who is now in college, did not attend the sentencing. But his mother, in a statement in court, said Gagne's conduct had greatly affected her son and a sibling who also attended Cretin-Derham Hall. They were subjected to gossip and missed opportunities for leadership positions at the St. Paul Catholic high school, she said.

"The family is left holding the dirty laundry of the defendant's unprofessional and self-serving actions," the mother said. Judge Scherer asked reporters not to name the mother or her son.

Gagne's attorney, Earl Gray, called the case "a tragedy for her because she lost her career" and can't teach again.

It is a crime for a person in a position of authority to have sexual contact with an underage youth.

Under the agreement, one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony, was dropped and a second count was reduced from a third- to fifth-degree felony, making it a gross misdemeanor.

"I think we had an appropriate resolution for an unhappy situation," said Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman after the sentencing. He said it would have made no difference if the victim was a female rather than a male.

Hamline University law Prof. Joseph Daly said he didn't fault Freeman and that the plea agreement saves the victim further embarrassment.

But he added that there's an unfortunate double standard in such cases that prosecutors might have feared would influence jurors and get in the way of a conviction.

While one "shouldn't be thinking this way," Daly said, "almost everybody is going to be thinking, 'What 16-year-old boy wouldn't want to have sex with this very beautiful 25-year-old teacher?'"

Gagne, formerly of Bloomington, was hired by Cretin-Derham Hall in 2007 as an assistant basketball coach and worked as a substitute teacher from January through September 2008. She was then hired as a full-time teacher.

In the summer of 2008, she was a weight-room instructor and supervised the teenager, who was then 16.

She engaged in sexual conduct with him from July 1 to Sept. 1, 2008, which accounted for the first felony charge that was dropped. She had sex with him again at a Bloomington hotel Sept. 13-14, 2008, which led to the second charge.

-http://www.startribune.com/local/118799109.html

check two
03-30-2011, 07:56 PM
--WWE News: Michael Cole's ego has been getting out of hand for a while, say sources

This Michael Cole incident on Twitter has brought to the forefront a fact that hasn't gotten a lot of play - that being that Cole's ego has gotten out of control behind the scenes in recent months. There have been reports of Cole having tremendous locker room heat. One WWE source today gives us his opinion on Cole behind the scenes.

"Is Cole getting a big head? HELL YES," he says. "Ever since he was reading the GM e-mails he started begging to become GM (he doesn't know who it's supposed to be) and walks around like his sh-- doesn't stink. He has an opinion on everything."

He also has mouthed off to writers who hand him scripts, saying that he'll say whatever the hell he wants. Sources say Cole's on-air character has gone to his head and what you see on TV is what he has become behind the scenes.

Keller's Analysis: This adds an interesting dimension to the Twitter controversy. One WWE source earlier today told me that incidents like the Twitter comment would be enough to get someone released if Vince McMahon was already looking for an excuse to release them. Now, there's too much invested in the Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole match (including "Stone Cold" Steve Austin) to totally abandon it, especially now that GLAAD has soft-pedaled the situation in their public statement today, accepting Cole's (lousy) apology and saying he'll be part of their seminars educating staff on gay issues. However, this incident could be the final straw to derailing Cole's continued push after WrestleMania. It could also cement McMahon's reported leaning toward having Jim Ross call the main events at WrestleMania this year.

-http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_48804.shtml

Mr. R&B
03-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Down wit' GDYC / Yeah you know me! :hooray:

For anyone unclear on what GDYC means...Google it.

check two
04-02-2011, 03:44 PM
--Before John Cena And Brock Lesnar Were Main Eventers, They Attended "The Harvard Of Pro Wrestling"

Rip Rogers might be a genius. Just ask him. He’ll tell you how, in college, he wrote just one article for the Indiana Central student newspaper, only to win the conference sportswriter of the year award. How he coached high school football in Union City, Indiana, for only one year – and led the Braves to a 9-1 record. If you value your dignity, don’t even think about matching wits with him on 1920s baseball trivia.

But the most genius-like quality about Rogers has nothing to do with accomplishment. For 26 years, he made a career in professional wrestling by making others look good. He could sell getting punched, kicked and thrown out of the ring better than anyone in his field. Professional wrestling is the art of athletic performance – and during his career, Rogers was DeNiro. He might just be the best loser in pro wrestling history.

To the bulk of WWE stars, that might seem like a dubious distinction. But Rogers is from the old school. After so many years of wrestling in dingy and dangerous venues, and traveling the globe to chase the ever-elusive gig, he knows what it takes to stay in such a fleeting profession. It’s simple, really.

“Overqualified and over [expletive] prepared,” says Rogers. “To stay ahead, you’ve gotta be able to do this-this-this and this. Because in this business, they’ll fire you for no [expletive] reason.”

Today, you won’t find the former “Convertible Blond” on the receiving end of any bodyslams. Instead, Rogers, now 55, lurks among the cluster of mobile homes and pick-up trucks in suburban Louisville. If you get lost in the tangle of empty warehouses where he’s rumored to be found on Saturday afternoons, follow your ears: You’re sure to hear his R-rated rants echoing off the rows of aluminum and concrete.

The area may not be glamorous, but it’s home to one of the most respected breeding grounds of wrestling talent in the nation – Ohio Valley Wrestling. The mountaintop of pro wrestling is Sunday in Atlanta at Wrestlemania 27. But the ascent starts at OVW. There is no better place to learn how to lose in America.

Since 2000, Rogers has guided raw, inexperienced wrestlers to WWE and TNA stardom. His three-hour classes attract aspiring wrestlers from literally all corners of the globe – Japan, England, Hawaii, Minnesota – to settle down in the less-than-striking flatlands of Kentucky. Although OVW ended its affiliation with WWE in 2008, it still remains the foremost in wrestling education, largely for one reason.

“Bar none … not because he’s my business partner, or because he’s my friend of 35 years … Rip’s the best in the business,” says OVW’s owner, Danny Davis. “When it comes to educating and giving the talent a foundation, there’s none better.”

Rogers will tell you that he’s the “John Wooden of wrestling” because of the knowledge he gained during his long, workman’s career. Growing up in Seymour, Indiana, Rogers – then Mark Sciarra -- knew that he always wanted to wrestle. He even pledged such aspirations in the Seymour High newspaper.

Rogers played football and baseball at Indiana Central University and, after graduating in 1976, went to Union City to coach high school football. In order for him to coach the high school team, however, Rogers had to take a gig teaching seventh and eighth graders at the Union City middle school. But the adolescents wore on him. He left after a year.

In 1978, Rogers became the manager of Hofmeister's Gym in Indianapolis. While there, he met "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant, who persuaded Rogers to see if his ripped torso and mammoth legs could stand the rigors of professional wrestling.

Rogers quickly became known around the squared circle for his insane training regimen – which, he says, included squatting continuously for over an hour – and an ability to put on a good show. That often meant losing to weaker opponents. But no matter: “Hustler” Rip Rogers was born.

Despite his big talk now, Rogers thrived by staying humble. He knew, for instance, when to “shut the [expletive] up and listen” when veterans like Bob Orton Jr. or Ronnie Garvin were telling stories. He knew that he would have to lose all the time. But most important, to stay in wrestling, he knew he’d have to be willing to portray any character asked of him by his bookers. From “Hercules Simard” to “The Disco Kid” to “Fatso,” Rogers played 'em all.

While some of his peers, like Randy Savage, had the benefit of pedigree, Rogers succeeded in professional wrestling despite his background. That’s why he doesn’t discriminate today; heck, he sees new faces walk through the door at OVW every week. His approach to new students is simple: If you show up to his class, he will quite literally throw you in the ring. But you better come ready.

“Some guys will come in, get blown up, get embarrassed, and get out in the same day. You’re expected to work. I’ll just throw ya in there.”

Around 20 wrestlers of all shapes and sizes amble around the ring before a typical class. The mood is light, because Rogers is off on one of his many tangents – this time, about George Mikan’s resounding impact on the NBA. Then, without warning, Rogers rears his head back, and like a drill sergeant, barks something that would make Rex Ryan blush – “All right, you [expletive]s! Quit standing around!”

Practice has begun. At once, the laughter vanishes into the dingy air; grunts and groans circulate as the wrestlers jog around the facility. Losing takes work. Within an hour, the wrestlers have criss-crossed, jumped full over one another, thrown each other over the ropes, flipped each over their shoulders, and mocked takedowns, execution style, in the corner of the ring. Sweat drips everywhere.

“If you can’t keep up, that ain’t my problem,” says Rogers. “You say ‘I wanna play in the NBA’; well here’s your tryout, kid.”

Dedication. Repetition. It sounds like something that’s printed in bold letters on a high school football muscle shirt. But to Rogers, that’s how great losers are made.

Rogers can spot a faker with ease. His students know this all too well. To the naïve eye, OVW wrestler “Dre Blitz” took a wallop to the face from his counterpart. But there’s no fooling Rogers.

“Whoa! You think that was [expletive] real? They’re gonna know in a second that was fake. Get your [expletive] head out of your [expletive].”

Rogers’ demands may seem brutal, but their effectiveness is undeniable. Wander back into the depths of the OVW facility, and you’ll find a room with walls plastered with endless rows of famous alumni captured in signed photos. You can’t grasp the true magnitude of Rogers’ handprint on modern professional wrestling without the likes John Cena, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar grinning back at you.

Nick “Eugene” Dinsmore is yet another notable OVW graduate, after wrestling for WWE in stints throughout the past decade. He says he owes much of his success to Rogers.

“I wrestled Rip when I first started,” says Dinsmore. “He was a 40-something veteran in the ring with the students of OVW. Rip worked with us like he was a coach, much like he does now.”

Dinsmore may even be following in Rogers’ footsteps: He now teaches a beginners’ class, a precursor to Rogers’ advanced course at OVW.

Those are just the stars. In his ten years, Rogers has seen oodles of unique wrestlers walk through the door. Rogers doesn’t mind the oddballs, though. After all, he’s eccentric himself, in his own frightening, profane way. His stance with every new wrestler is always the same. “I don’t judge a book by its cover,” says Rogers. “Never will.”

Utaifeua Tilo – known in the ring as “Tilo Samoa,” after his Samoan heritage – will attest to Rogers’ impartial judgment. Tilo, a native of Honolulu, is a legally blind albino. But in the two years he’s been with OVW, that has never stopped him from succeeding in the ring. Under Rogers’s tutelage, he’s even been able to cultivate his blindness into a marketable niche.

“You’ve never seen an albino wrestler,” says Tilo.

Good point.

Tilo recognizes that Rogers’ class draws a peculiar consortium of wrestlers. But that’s why he shows up at OVW four times a week.

“I don’t think there’s any other place like this, man,” says Tilo. “You walk around and see all these characters…it’s unreal, you know?”

Unreal is the word. There are wrestlers who could easily be ancient Greek sculptures, and there are wrestlers with guts that would make Homer Simpson shake his head. Some talk strictly in wrestling clichés (“it’s on!” and “bring the pain!”), while nearby, some chortle at a peer’s shiny purple tights.

The eccentricity doesn’t end with physical appearance, though. One wrestler – Ryan Nemeth, brother of WWE star Dolph Ziggler – has even written his own novel, “I Can Make Out with Any Girl Here.”

“Who can be anything?” Rogers dares. “Who can be a wild man? ‘I can.’ Can you act like a girl? ‘Yes, I can.’”

Rogers has been retired from wrestling for ten years now. The long blond hair juxtaposed with the scruffy dark beard is a thing of the past. Instead of costumed underwear, Rogers now squeezes his waist into an innocuous fanny-pack.

He’s in pain. The various injuries that he ignored during his wrestling days – broken limbs, ribs, etc. – are just now taking their toll, as are the effects of the car crash he suffered in 2003. He walks with a distinctive limp and avoids sitting down, mainly because he can’t easily get back up.

But Rogers wears his wounds proudly. He’ll lift up his shirt and show you the scar from the time he says was knifed in a match in Puerto Rico, or the startling gap in his right quadriceps muscle that tore at the beginning of a smackdown in Germany. Any sensible man would’ve given up the fight, but did Rogers?

“Nope,” he says, deep in wistful nostalgia. “I went 30 minutes with the guy.”

Rogers’s stubbornness is why he can’t give up wrestling. For 36 years, it’s all he’s ever known. Though he is in no condition to fight, he can now pass on everything he’s learned in the art of skillfully losing. Ask anyone at OVW: Rip Rogers the best loser out there. There’s a reason the students call OVW “the Harvard of wrestling.”

_T5vlHTruRg

“That’s a scary thought,” says Brandon Lefteroff, Live Events and Promotions Director for OVW. “Because if this place is Harvard, what does that make Rip?”

battle?
04-03-2011, 03:03 PM
mania 2night.anyone watching?

ironmantis
04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
I will do if I get a decent link to it. Not paying 15 leaves for it as i'm not feeling it with the build up for most of the matches this year.

Hopefully p2p4u can get a decent link.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-03-2011, 04:19 PM
my friend invited me over for this....i havent watched in hyears and pretty much dont like it. how freakin long do these things last?