PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Vegetarian Tips Please?

blackwisdom
08-29-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm not eating anything with eyes anymore. To all of you vegetarian veterans, may you please send me some tips on what I can eat and how to prepair it?

Thank you in advance.

Peace

My First Timbs
08-29-2005, 01:20 PM
by eyes do u mean any organism that has photoreceptive cells?

if so that knocks out alot of plant life :)

mashqauck
08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
drink soup, yum!

tajeco
08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
That's a good one Timbs, you're too smart for this forum man. BTW, how are the book sales going, and where can I get a copy, my computer was down a couple months, I can order it now. What's the title again?

As far as the vegetarian question, there is a lot of stuff that tastes like meat. I ate meat until I was 20, and still miss some stuff, but a lot has been made to taste the same. Tofurky company makes stuff like sandwich meat and brautwurst. If you go vegan, there is good ice cream, they just use soy milk instead of cow's milk, so with the sugar and shit it tastes the same anyway. The vegan cheese is fuckin nasty. St Ives makes good beef substitutes. Just go to Whole Foods or something, even Safeway has a little section.

SurreaL
08-29-2005, 02:01 PM
http://www.henk.ch/fun/var/cows.jpg

My First Timbs
08-29-2005, 02:20 PM
wassup tajeco.. yea i ve been away or a while too (injured), but yes, the book is doing quite well.. steady reliable sales....the ironic thing is that ive been monitoring it heavily and it seems that sales go up during times of disaster (unfortunately i think disaster and tragedy prompts ppl to investigate things involving "god", religion and spirituality) ( www.acalltosanity.com (http://www.acalltosanity.com/) )

i actually tried doing the vegetarian thing for a while ( a couple months), and i just missed meat way too much... i have no problems with it, but i just missed meat way too much :)

didnt seem natural to not ingest carne

Bone Collecta
08-29-2005, 02:30 PM
smh u never stop

My First Timbs
08-29-2005, 02:33 PM
hahahahahaha

tajeco
08-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Nice website Timbs. Damn man, 300 pages, maybe I should take a semester off from school. I hope your injury's healed. And what's "carne"? Peace

My First Timbs
08-29-2005, 03:02 PM
carne = flesh

Jeru
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Surprised I ain't seen Queen of P up in here.She can definatly give you some good advice on that subject and maybe BBM can 2 seeing as this kind of a diet.

Queen Of Poetry
08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm here I'm here.......LOL

vegetarianmadeeasy.com

vegez.com

Both very good websites how to get started, how to prepare meals........

B/c I am the only vegetarian, I tend to eat more salads, tofu, veggies, sprouts.......I mean I cook and when I do, I get alot of good recipies from there. Black.....hit me up.......I'm here to help u anytime!!!!!!!

Prolifical ENG
08-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, my girlfriend is a vegetarian....so that pretty much makes me a vegetarian too. That means those dishes Im not preparing....but they are delicious.

And this isnt just a quote form pulp fiction....however, it is true that once in a while I do enjoy a good burger.

Mark
08-29-2005, 04:49 PM
A human being needs meat. At least: I need it. I will die without my chicken, horse, cow, pork, rabbit and hamburgers.

My First Timbs
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
i ate oppossum b4

TUCO
08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
i dun agree with vegetarianism...but i respect yall either way, no doubt

peace

check two
08-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Mark, you eat horses there? lol

A human being does not need meat. You get used to the taste, and you think you need it. I'm not vegetarian yet, but I'm leaning towards it. I still eat chicken, and some beef once in a while. Meat is one of the worst things you can eat for your digestive system. It takes a while to digest, which can lead to your colon getting backed up with all kinds of filth. When John Wayne died, he had like 20 pounds of undigested food in his body, over years of buildup. I'd rather not eat pork, cause pigs eat anything. Plus some pigs eat feces and stuff like that, so then you're eating what that pig ate. If you want a good sugar substitute, you should check out stevia. It's sweeter than sugar, but all natural. The sugar you buy in regular grocery stores is refined crap. The healthiest things you can eat are organic, non-cooked fruits and vegetables.

Fragmented
08-30-2005, 02:37 AM
www.skepticsanno (http://www.skepticsannoatedbible.com)tedbible.com (http://www.skepticsannoatedbible.com) check that out timbs

bringoutthegimp
08-30-2005, 05:36 AM
vegetarians are lame

My First Timbs
08-30-2005, 09:02 AM
www.skepticsanno (http://www.skepticsannoatedbible.com/)tedbible.com (http://www.skepticsannoatedbible.com/) check that out timbs
thanx,,, im familiar with that website and have read several books on biblical erracy.. thanx tho !

My First Timbs
08-30-2005, 09:06 AM

A human being does not need meat. You get used to the taste, and you think you need it. I'm not vegetarian yet, but I'm leaning towards it. I still eat chicken, and some beef once in a while. Meat is one of the worst things you can eat for your digestive system. It takes a while to digest, which can lead to your colon getting backed up with all kinds of filth. When John Wayne died, he had like 20 pounds of undigested food in his body, over years of buildup. I'd rather not eat pork, cause pigs eat anything. Plus some pigs eat feces and stuff like that, so then you're eating what that pig ate. If you want a good sugar substitute, you should check out stevia. It's sweeter than sugar, but all natural. The sugar you buy in regular grocery stores is refined crap. The healthiest things you can eat are organic, non-cooked fruits and vegetables.
my whole thing is what about the fact that humans are designed to eat and digest meat? lets not over look that..i have nothing against vegetarians but u must ealize that it is an unnatural act from a biological standpoint for a primate such as ourselves to consume only plant life.

the 20 lbs of undigested food in the gut and colon can happen to anybody, not just meat eaters (althought the % is slightly higher in meat eaters)

so what that pigs eat anything? in order to use that as an argument we must first determine the nutritionaol content and toxicity of digested feces.. if a pig eats feces and i eat the pig, it is of little concern to me if the digested feces provides no detrimental result from a nutritional stanpoint! its an emotional issue!

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
by eyes do u mean any organism that has photoreceptive cells?

if so that knocks out alot of plant life :)That's a good question.

I'm only eating vegetables to attain the nurishment from the chlorophyll to fuel my melanin, so I would say no. I'm doing knowledge on the Ankh and Kemit, and I'm still fresh. Thanks for the response. Long time no read.

take it easy

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:33 PM
That's a good one Timbs, you're too smart for this forum man. BTW, how are the book sales going, and where can I get a copy, my computer was down a couple months, I can order it now. What's the title again?

As far as the vegetarian question, there is a lot of stuff that tastes like meat. I ate meat until I was 20, and still miss some stuff, but a lot has been made to taste the same. Tofurky company makes stuff like sandwich meat and brautwurst. If you go vegan, there is good ice cream, they just use soy milk instead of cow's milk, so with the sugar and shit it tastes the same anyway. The vegan cheese is fuckin nasty. St Ives makes good beef substitutes. Just go to Whole Foods or something, even Safeway has a little section.Thank you. I'm not quite ready to go vegan yet though.

take it easy

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm here I'm here.......LOL

vegetarianmadeeasy.com

vegez.com

Both very good websites how to get started, how to prepare meals........

B/c I am the only vegetarian, I tend to eat more salads, tofu, veggies, sprouts.......I mean I cook and when I do, I get alot of good recipies from there. Black.....hit me up.......I'm here to help u anytime!!!!!!!Thanks Queen. My wife keeps on telling me that I shouldn't just go cold "turkey":lmao:. How did you start? Help me out PLEASE QUEEN!!! But seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll hit you up for some receipts soon.

take it easy

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
one thing i never understood about some vegetarians is how they do all that no meat meat isnt good for you yet they smoke drink and do other shit thats negative for the body.
i mean doesnt kind of defeat the whole purpose of not eating meat, unless its like a moral issue with eating meat.I stopped all of that smoking and drinking back in my teens. I'm doing it for a very specific but common sense reason.

take it easy

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:42 PM
i ate oppossum b4I ate pony.

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:49 PM

A human being does not need meat. You get used to the taste, and you think you need it. I'm not vegetarian yet, but I'm leaning towards it. I still eat chicken, and some beef once in a while. Meat is one of the worst things you can eat for your digestive system. It takes a while to digest, which can lead to your colon getting backed up with all kinds of filth. When John Wayne died, he had like 20 pounds of undigested food in his body, over years of buildup. I'd rather not eat pork, cause pigs eat anything. Plus some pigs eat feces and stuff like that, so then you're eating what that pig ate. If you want a good sugar substitute, you should check out stevia. It's sweeter than sugar, but all natural. The sugar you buy in regular grocery stores is refined crap. The healthiest things you can eat are organic, non-cooked fruits and vegetables.Very interesting. Thanks.

take it easy

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
vegetarians are lameThere's always one.

peace

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks Queen. My wife keeps on telling me that I shouldn't just go cold "turkey":lmao:. How did you start? Help me out PLEASE QUEEN!!! But seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll hit you up for some receipts soon.

take it easy

I actually first started by removing red meat and pork from my diet. Once I was ok with that, I removed all other meats. The red meat and pork was hardest for me b/c I grew up on those. Aquiring a taste for the vegetarian foods, that took time. Trial and error. I would make something and if I didn't like the taste, I would add something to it.......hit me up anytime!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

LadySnowBlood
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
I eat meat..

fuck those veggie burger patties!

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:53 PM
my whole thing is what about the fact that humans are designed to eat and digest meat? lets not over look that..i have nothing against vegetarians but u must ealize that it is an unnatural act from a biological standpoint for a primate such as ourselves to consume only plant life.

the 20 lbs of undigested food in the gut and colon can happen to anybody, not just meat eaters (althought the % is slightly higher in meat eaters)

so what that pigs eat anything? in order to use that as an argument we must first determine the nutritionaol content and toxicity of digested feces.. if a pig eats feces and i eat the pig, it is of little concern to me if the digested feces provides no detrimental result from a nutritional stanpoint! its an emotional issue!Interesting argument but I disagree with the mentality that we should eat anything just because we can. Thanks for the comment none the less.

take it easy

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 12:56 PM
I actually first started by removing red meat and pork from my diet. Once I was ok with that, I removed all other meats. The red meat and pork was hardest for me b/c I grew up on those. Aquiring a taste for the vegetarian foods, that took time. Trial and error. I would make something and if I didn't like the taste, I would add something to it.......hit me up anytime!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:I haven't eaten pork for several years now. I feel that I have the will power to stray away from meat because my motivation is strong. I just have some reservations about ill side effects from cutting off that food supply so suddenly.

take it easy

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 01:06 PM
I haven't eaten pork for several years now. I feel that I have the will power to stray away from meat because my motivation is strong. I just have some reservations about ill side effects from cutting off that food supply so suddenly.

take it easy

I did lose quite a bit of weight at first and I felt tired all the time, but I just found the right supplements to take........in the beginning it isn't all that great, but if u make it through the first month everything will be fine........as soon as u begin to drop meat, start taking a vitamin right away!

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 01:12 PM
I did lose quite a bit of weight at first and I felt tired all the time, but I just found the right supplements to take........in the beginning it isn't all that great, but if u make it through the first month everything will be fine........as soon as u begin to drop meat, start taking a vitamin right away!I'm claiming yesterday as my 1st official day. I asked Brother George at the Self Improvement Center, who is a vegeterian, and he said that I probably wouldn't need any vitamins. But he did say that I may need to take some colon leansers. Do you have any specific vitamin suggestions? Thanks again, Queen.

peace

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm claiming yesterday as my 1st official day. I asked Brother George at the Self Improvement Center, who is a vegeterian, and he said that I probably wouldn't need any vitamins. But he did say that I may need to take some colon leansers. Do you have any specific vitamin suggestions? Thanks again, Queen.

peace
colon leansers?

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 01:42 PM
colon leansers?Super duty exlax (if that's spelled right).

take it easy

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Damn.....I didn't do that......so it makes poop even more?

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Damn.....I didn't do that......so it makes poop even more?:D Everyone should do it, not just veggie's. It gets all of the gunk out.

What about my vitamins???

peace

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh well....the vitamin's I take r for women.......u know we need different things that men and I don't think u want to take those.....LOL

I buy my vitamins at a vegan store.......

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Oh well....the vitamin's I take r for women.......u know we need different things that men and I don't think u want to take those.....LOL

I buy my vitamins at a vegan store.......I'ma get mines from Brother George's Self Imporvement Store, but thanks anyway.

take it easy

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 02:18 PM
That sounds like one of those country stores........that's just around the bend on the dirt road....LOL

tajeco
08-30-2005, 02:55 PM
I've been about 160 pounds since highschool. I stopped eating meat around 20 years old, and started eating more pasta and pizza and stuff and got up to 175 pounds. Then I became vegan and now I'm back to 160. Truthfully I want to gain some weight, but I can't. My ex-girlfriend was 115 pounds before she became a vegan, then as a vegan, she got up to 140. Strange huh, she did however also stop riding her bike and walking, so that could do with it to.

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 02:58 PM
I've been about 160 pounds since highschool. I stopped eating meat around 20 years old, and started eating more pasta and pizza and stuff and got up to 175 pounds. Then I became vegan and now I'm back to 160. Truthfully I want to gain some weight, but I can't. My ex-girlfriend was 115 pounds before she became a vegan, then as a vegan, she got up to 140. Strange huh, she did however also stop riding her bike and walking, so that could do with it to.

I'm the same way......I am losing weight. I went from 108 to 104.......sucks.

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 03:01 PM
That sounds like one of those country stores........that's just around the bend on the dirt road....LOLNaw. It's down town Norfolk, VA. It's an African Book store and the owner is a Muslim. I've gained massive amounts of information just through conversations with the customers. People go there to build, have meetings, and gain self-improvement, hence the name. It's on the corner of Newport Ave and 35th St. in case you're ever in town :).

take it easy

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh...u know sometimes u gotta draw me a map in order for me to understand.....LOL

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I just read them and get where I got to go.

I think I'll just get leaner and tighter. I want to maintain my slimness and gain a bit more upper body muscle mass. So I can resemble a more leaner killing machine, although I don't condone violence I do condone intelligence.

take it easy

Queen Of Poetry
08-30-2005, 04:06 PM
U'll definately get thinner.....last week I was 108 and yesterday I was 104......but I'm trying to gain weight!!!!!

check two
08-30-2005, 04:40 PM
I've heard that a better way to cleanse your colon is by getting a colonic done. It's not good for the body to keep using laxatives over and over. Some people that have had them done have lost a good amount of weight, not that long after.

Has anyone tried the Boca Chik'n patties? I thought they were pretty good.

blackwisdom
08-30-2005, 06:25 PM
^ My wife likes them but she hasn't fixed them for me yet.

What about the recepts though?

Can someone hook me up with some gourmet specials?

Thank you in advance.

Take it easy

knewcheeze
08-30-2005, 10:00 PM
PEACE
can't go wrong with Navy Bean soup seasoned with a lil sea salt and other shit...........

blackwisdom
08-31-2005, 12:23 PM
I did lose quite a bit of weight at first and I felt tired all the time, but I just found the right supplements to take........in the beginning it isn't all that great, but if u make it through the first month everything will be fine........as soon as u begin to drop meat, start taking a vitamin right away!I have some; Schiff - Daily Wellness - Vegetarian Multiple with Beta Carotene, and yes... I got it from Brother George.

take it easy

blackwisdom
09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0865431337.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
I'ma try to get this book as well.

Take it easy

Ronin
09-13-2005, 04:30 PM
humans DO NOT NEED MEAT

try going a week without eating greens and eating meat only!

im sure youll agree u NEED vegetables/fruit more than u need meat

meat is ok if u dont eat it often, especially red meat

check two
09-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Some people think they need meat, such as savages.

JASPER
09-14-2005, 05:50 AM
NEED 4 MEAT OVERDRIVW WHUT WHUTHWUTHUWHUTHUTUTUTH

I NEED MEAT BECAUSE MY GRANDDADDY WAS A CAVEMAN WHO GAVE NOT A FUCK ABOUT DRAGGING SOME HAIRY SLUT BY HER HAIR AND SINGLEHANDEDLY SLAYING A MAMMOTH WITH A SHARPENED STONE HE USED TO SHAVE HIMSELF THAT SAME MORINING.

Rip Fred Flintstone