PDA

View Full Version : Hell Razah-Ultra Sounds Of Reneissance Child Review

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-18-2008, 06:42 PM
http://lyrics.chambermusik.com/coverz/hell9.jpg

Hell Razah - Ultra Sounds of a Renaissance Child (2008)

01: Assylum (The Embryo)
02: Indian Giver (http://lyrics.chambermusik.com/hell_razah/ultra_sounds_of_a_renaissance_child/02-indian_giver.txt)
03: Burn Babylon Burn
04: Renaissance Ages
05: Born & Raised
06: Pre Natal Care (Skit)
07: Umbilical Mic Chords
08: Kicks of Raziel
09: Mental Orgasms
10: Labor Pains
11: Contractions
12: Crack Baby Cradles
13: Digital Dope Spoons
14: After Birth

You know when it comes to hip hop today and not many rappers inside the “pop rap” can really bring thought provoking lyrics let alone anything mixed with religious and scripture refrence plus the historic icons and other references better than emcees related to the Wu. Now with that said when you break it down recently from the large insane roster of “Wu-Killa Bees” and “Wu-Fam” you get to most likely either Hell Razah or Killah Priest as the most active and consistent. And as the younger of the two Hell Razah has stepped to the plate hard wit his debut album “Renaissance Child” and it’s follow up “Razah’s Ladder” and now his newest album “Ultra Sounds of a Renaissance Child”. Plus even Hell Razah’s work with fellow Wu-Element, 4th Disicple and their album “Freedom of Speech” which all gives Razah’s work a strong profile and as well keep him consistent as his compatriot.

With the album starting off with a bang “Asylum (The Embryo)” and “Indian Giver” that just shows Razah’s lyrical depth and how far he’s progressed since his days apart of Sunz of Man and has carried that torch on this tracks and the rest album follow suits. Even with “Born and Raised” makes a candid display of his upbringing in Brooklyn and with hip hop and how much it means to him as a fan and as an artist. Even nowadays it’s rare that production matches the albums very tight knit lyrical theme Razah’s known for. And rarely does he show this more than on “Renaissance Ages” and on “Kicks of Raziel” where just spits fire where the various rhymes and lines speaks to the listener and the potential artist in hand that we have to take back the art form we created in the streets and reshape it because we are the upcoming generation that will soon be the powers that be. And that’s just my opinion on Razah’s lyrics and what he means.

Overall this album is very solid I was very skeptical to give it a 5 out of 5 but I will only due to the fact that there isn’t any skippable tracks and or material on this album. And even the skits are listenable because they piece the album together and give it slightly an insight on the theme of the album. This album is required listening if you’re a lyrical head like myself and if you not this is proof of what a consistent play all the way through album should sound like.

Overall Rating: 5 out 5

racist randy
09-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Poll added.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Good Look Darts I'm A Drop Dis Review Later Gotta Let It Marenate In The Brain Real Quick

racist randy
09-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I gotta get this shit too lol, FUCK! I'm not home so I gotta download the albums and order and send the real copies to my house....

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
I gotta get this shit too lol, FUCK! I'm not home so I gotta download the albums and order and send the real copies to my house....

yeah i'm a cop the physical copy but was itching to hear it and itunes had it so i copped it. i'm still trying to figure out who did production cuz it's tight as hell (no pun intended)

EAGLE EYE
09-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Id greatly appreciate it if some one uploaded this and pm'ed me a link..

Im guying this as soon as my record store gets it, and thats a fact. Hopefully its better than that Thugz Angels album I recently got..

I CANT WAIT 4 MORE DAYS, I WANNA PREVIEW THIS!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Id greatly appreciate it if some one uploaded this and pm'ed me a link..

Im guying this as soon as my record store gets it, and thats a fact. Hopefully its better than that Thugz Angels album I recently got..

I CANT WAIT 4 MORE DAYS, I WANNA PREVIEW THIS!

dude if you got itunes it's there for 9.99

EAGLE EYE
09-20-2008, 12:24 AM
I dont have an iTunes account, plus my credit card was breached recently and Im waiting on the new one in the mail

Im also planning on buying the actual cd when its in stores

I just wanna hear it now cuz im drinking 100 proof

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-20-2008, 02:50 AM
I dont have an iTunes account, plus my credit card was breached recently and Im waiting on the new one in the mail

Im also planning on buying the actual cd when its in stores

I just wanna hear it now cuz im drinking 100 proof

yeah i heard cha on dat

EAGLE EYE
09-20-2008, 09:54 AM
well i at least found a link to the indian giver song off the album

http://www.zshare.net/download/174598779911f26f/

NoSaidDate420
09-21-2008, 05:04 PM
could someone hook me up with this?? i plan on copping the album tuesday but i can't wait help please

NoSaidDate420
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
it's whatever niggaz, i just copped from i tunes. couldn't wait any more. so far this album is the fire i was expecting. ill shit. not much more to say right now, i'll review after a few days.

for the past week i've been spinning nothing but razah, sunz of man. gettin ready for this to drop. "look at my bones....study me"

11th Chamber
09-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Razah's Ladder was my favorite joint in 2007, so im sure I wont prefer this over that, but regardless Im lookin foward to hearing it

I could jus get it off iTunes, but it drops in like 2 days and Id rather be patient than pay an unnessesary $10

NoSaidDate420
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
it's comparable to the ladder. the lyrics are his A game. trust.

EAGLE EYE
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I just hope its a little more solid than the T.H.U.G. Angelz album production wise

11th Chamber
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
I thought the production on THUG Angelz was solid accualy

16th_Chamber
09-22-2008, 01:35 AM
well i at least found a link to the indian giver song off the album

http://www.zshare.net/download/174598779911f26f/

thank you, sir!
________
ANNALBOMBOM (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/ANNALBOMBOM/)

NoSaidDate420
09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
I just hope its a little more solid than the T.H.U.G. Angelz album production wise

i think it's safe to say this album is all around a way more solid effort than thug angelz. production is sick as well as lyrics. you won't be disapointed.
i'm going to spend the whole day today bangin this. my personal favorite thus far is "kicks of raziel" that shit is flames. once again razah murks everything else out.

i'm sad to report there is one track so far that just doesn't belong on this cd. the unfortunate "mental orgasms" doesn't sit well. talkin about fucking groupies....razah should stay away from putting these types of tracks on his albums. save it for a mixtape. just my opinion though.

NoSaidDate420
09-22-2008, 08:05 AM
can somebody post the production credits? i don't know where or if i can find them on i-tunes.

infamous2702
09-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Nice. Just don't make anymore of those cheap ass videos. Just keep making solid records. Soon Hell Razah is gonna have a better catalogue than any of the Wu Generals except for Ghost.

racist randy
09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
i'm sad to report there is one track so far that just doesn't belong on this cd. the unfortunate "mental orgasms" doesn't sit well. talkin about fucking groupies....razah should stay away from putting these types of tracks on his albums. save it for a mixtape. just my opinion though.

LMAO. I know what you mean man, on The RC album he had that joint
"Yours Truly" LOL.

fortyglock
09-28-2008, 07:03 PM
^Lol yeah that joint is the weakest joint straight up; other than that RC was a BANGER. Let's just hope there isn't that type of joint on the Heaven Razah album.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-28-2008, 09:30 PM
i think it's safe to say this album is all around a way more solid effort than thug angelz. production is sick as well as lyrics. you won't be disapointed.
i'm going to spend the whole day today bangin this. my personal favorite thus far is "kicks of raziel" that shit is flames. once again razah murks everything else out.

yeah this album was pretty dope i loved it and i tend to disagree with you i think the track in speaking was used a metaphor for the way men are distracted

racist randy
09-28-2008, 10:33 PM
This album gets are 3.5/5 first listen, i'll be back next week.

THE MASON
09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Im not liking this one as much as RC, but Razah never disappoints, still on point lyrically and the beats are tight (still dont know who does the production). In this cd, i think you can see the change from hell to heaven.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Im not liking this one as much as RC, but Razah never disappoints, still on point lyrically and the beats are tight (still dont know who does the production). In this cd, i think you can see the change from hell to heaven.

yeahhh this album is dope lyrically and the beats 4 the most part are on point i'm still wondering who did the beats but you do notice the difference in his style slowly

RynMur
10-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Not feeling it too much so far. #5 is ill. Drop my review later.

GhettoGnom
10-21-2008, 03:33 PM
This album has grown on me...

3.5/5

RynMur
10-22-2008, 06:17 AM
I would rate it between Average and Banger. The album was good, but a lil bit dissapointing. Unlike Sheephish, I felt Razah came sluggish on this one. Production is subpar, Lyrics is good, Flow is average, Theme/Concept is ill.

Top 5: Indian Giver, Born And Raised (fav), Contradictions, Crack Baby Cradles, Digital Dope Spoons

Grade: (2.7/5) C+

claaa7
10-22-2008, 07:58 AM
^^ co-sign.

racist randy
10-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah Sheepish your review is WAYYYYYY off and very misleading....... this shit is average.

11th Chamber
10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Im still waiting on my fuckin copy

Sandbox sent me the wrong one. His first album, go figure.

Razah better not name his 4th album Steps on Razah's Ladder, or somthin like that. I dont wanna get screwed again

racist randy
11-10-2008, 01:09 AM
1. Asylum (The Embryo)
This is the first track to Razah's fresh new album. I must say this doesn't sound fresh at all. It sounds like he's talking about the same thing from his last 3 albums. He really needs to switch up his subject matter and flow. The beat isn't all that great along with the singing either, very disappointing to here. 3/5

2.Indian Giver
This joint is better but like I said in the first track, same subject matter all around. But you know Hell Razah still delivers on it regardless. The beat on this joint is pretty good and Hell Razah does a good job with it. Definitely a step up from the First track on here. 4/5

3.Burn Babylon Burn
I definitely feel like I've heard this before but I can't tell for sure. Anyways this is an ok joint, Hell Razah brings his lyrics to the table on here, but the beat on here is nothing too special at all. Brings down the track along with it being a short track, he needs to switch up his flow and bring something new to the table. 3.5/5

4.Renaissance Ages
This is the best track on this whole album. It doesn't get any better than this right here, He's dropping the jewels on it and the beat is just perfect for something like this. He sounds like he has some energy on this one. This is pretty good the second and last verse he definitely comes through on the track with no problem. This definitely gives the album a nice but dark feel to it. 4.5/5

5.Born & Raised
This one right here is too slow for me right here. Besides that I thinks it ok, he definitely has better tracks in his catalog and this one sounds like a throw away track. But i'm definitely feeling what he gots to say on here, but these lyrics are from one of his other songs, which Razah seems to do alot nowadays. 3.5/5

6.Pre-Natal Care (Skit)
This is pretty funny but true.

7.Umbilical Mic Cords
This is one of his joints from his mixtape (Burn Babylon Burn) Without the guest on it. Sounds ok, same subject matter all over this one. The beat on here is better than most of the joints on this album which is a plus. 3.5/5

8.Kicks of Raziel
This is another banger right here. Razah has energy on this one and the beat is good. He is definitely going in on here with energy which is missing throughout the album. If you are bored with the album around this part this should boost your spirit. But unfortunately it is short which is a letdown. 4/5

9.Mental Orgasm
THIS IS THE FIRST Hell Razah track that I must say is absolute trash. I'm not even going to speak on this. He tries to spit about females and talk about poltics in one track. 1/5

10.Labor Pains
This had potential until the hook comes in, It's pretty ok, but it's nothing new. This whole album kind of sounds like some throw away joints. I don't want to waste time saying things about this that isn't necessary. 3.5/5

11.Contractions
This one is ok, but like some of his other good tracks it's too short. He's not giving you enough time to vibe off this one. He spitting his street shit on here with his message. I'm feeling it, definitely better than most joints on here, but it's something missing. 3.5/5

12.Crack Baby Cradles
This is ok. Nothing special about this at all, by this point in the album I am very dissapointed with the purchase of this album, I wasn't expecting this at all. He's not even rapping on this one for that long either, so you can hit skip. 3.5/5

13.Digital Dope Spoons
This one right here is pretty good, this is another good spot on the album. ONCE AGAIN this is just too short for a track as good as this one an additional verse on here would not of hurt at all. 4/5

14.After Birth
By this time your ready to cut the album off. He's not talking about anything new on this one at all. The beat itself is pretty dry, his flow has no energy to it and it's nothing interesting about it. 3.5/5

Beats - 3/5
Lyrics - 3.5/5
Overall - 3.5/5

This one is pretty average. I'm very dissapointed in this one. This sounds like a bunch of throw away tracks on here. Hell Razah has been talking about the same things for 3 straight albums. He needs to get more diverse on the mic. I love his style but he needs to start coming from diferent angles. This album was a letdown for me. I hope the next album has alot more effort put into it. Also I would like to add that if you feel that I'm dissing Razah in this review then my bad but these are my thoughts, I can say whatever because 1. I can and 2. I purchased all his shit. ****Overall 3.5/5****

EAGLE EYE
11-10-2008, 01:16 AM
He needs to get back in the studio, theres no excuse to sit around and not make new material and take the rehash verse route...

Prodigy for example talks about the same stuff over and over, but always strives to put out more material. Razah should adopt that work ethic cuz hes a talented dude..

11th Chamber
11-10-2008, 01:20 AM
yea I was quite disapointed by this album. Razah's Ladder was my favorite album from last year, so maybe I jus got spoiled.

This really jus seems like somthin he wrote and put together in like 2 weeks. Theres just no motivation behind it at all

Dude needs to get some better production for the Heaven Razah joint, if thats really what he's doing next

Favorite track is 'Contractions' btw

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah Sheepish your review is WAYYYYYY off and very misleading....... this shit is average.

well then i guess we agree to disagree

11th Chamber
11-10-2008, 01:23 AM
holy shit you really gave this album a 5 out of 5...

wow...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-10-2008, 01:35 AM

wow...

well i felt differently even if it was supposedly throwaway darts they're still allot better than the shitty crap out their now. plus i felt this album had a more street feel than razor's ladder which felt like a more spiritual album.

racist randy
11-10-2008, 10:23 AM

wow...

Yeah I said the same thing....
well then i guess we agree to disagree
True...

Mista JpKoff
08-24-2009, 06:20 AM
i voted banger. even though its really the opposite of a banger, just some shit you listen to alone in your room while blazing it up. Oddly enough i get the impression that Razah's lyrical skills shine more on this album than on renaissance child. maybe its because theres no guest verses, idk. anyway this is deep stuff. ive been sleeping on it last year, thinking that he just threw renaissance leftovers to finish milking the cow. this doesnt seem so likely, the LP is too conceptual for it to be only a bunch of leftovers. im especially feeling Crack Baby Cradle with the sick piano and the beat change at the end of the track. too bad its real short...