PDA

View Full Version : Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi-beautiful Minds

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-19-2008, 12:44 PM
http://lyrics.chambermusik.com/coverz/killah8.jpg
Killah Priest & Chief Kamachi - Beautiful Minds (2008)

01: Beautiful Minds
02: All Hail
03: Closest
04: Reflections
05: Illest (http://lyrics.chambermusik.com/killah_priest/beautiful_minds/05-illest.txt) (feat. Planet Asia & DJ Rhettmatic)
06: Most High
07: Time Out Revisited
08: Don't Waste Your Lungs
09: All Been Buried
10: Blessing
11: See Clearly
12: Scrolls

When it comes to lyricism at it upmost finest allot a names come to mind but none ring more bells in recent years than Wu-Tang affiliate Killah Priest and Army of The Pharaohs core member Chief Kamachi together these two have beautiful chemistry wit sick lyrics. Not allot of rappers in today’s game are in the shape these two are in lyrically when it comes to dropping classics Killah Priest tops them wit multiple classic albums such as “Heavy Mental”, “The Offering” and “Behind The Stained Glass” and Chief Kamachi isn’t no slouch either with “Concrete Gospel” and collaborative album with his crew The JuJu Mob and their effort “Black Candles” both rappers have allot of skill and it shows in their past efforts.

With both catalogues a side Priest and Kamachi rip this album from Front to Back cover I was amazed wit the depth of concepts and lyricism they both brought to the table on the opening track “Beautiful Minds” even so their game has no cramps in it. This album reminds me of when both Jordan and Pippen were on the Bulls during the ‘90s running things in the NBA and these two do the same in the underground from two different camps. Both their styles mesh well over ill production on "Beautiful Minds" which happens to be handled by Tekneek , E. Dan C Sik, Dev Rocka, Diamond Legit, Emonex and others. Most of the tracks on the album create a consistent mood of the album being dark, gloomy yet has a sneering glare in the album on tracks like “Reflections” (both shedding light on their come up in the rap game) to ill lyrical slaughter on “Illest” in which they bring some assistance which really isn’t needed but adds a nice touch wit Planet Asia who gives a riveting verse.

Every track on this album bangs and has glimpses and flashes of greatness that is reminiscent to Priest’s “The Offering” with the varied yet consistent production and this album is in that vein. The hardest thing to say about this album is that it’s short which is most likely great due to it’s so heavy lyrically any longer you’ll prolly get a headache trying to take all that knowledge and great wisdom in. Overall I’m going to give this album an 4.5 and time will tell when this is a classic but in any foresight it already is a classic from the golden aura it shows. Hopefully this won’t be the last of a great album from these two lyrical giants whom I most say I was skeptical of how their chemistry would work but between these two anything is possible and this is spirit of what hip hop is hard knock beats and punch you in your mouth lyrics.

Overall Review: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Guarded By Martyrs
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Damn...already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRONZBODY
09-19-2008, 12:48 PM
this is out already??? damn im slacking off son....

Guarded By Martyrs
09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
^^Thats what I thought...hahahaha

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
shit is fire

the silencer
09-19-2008, 07:10 PM
*edit: listening to this now.....

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-19-2008, 09:51 PM
*edit: listening to this now.....

your welcome

infamous2702
09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Great Chemistry!

racist randy
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I listened to this one twice. Kind of boring, Priest is not at good shape on here, he's like 50/50. Kamachi spitting heat, beats are real dry. I'mma give it 3 more spins...

FasterBlade
09-21-2008, 04:58 PM
beats are awful, Priest sounds bored. hes spreading himself too thin

worst Wu related release in a while, i hate the production that much. it gets a 1

the silencer
09-21-2008, 05:06 PM
there's a few bangers..

a couple joints where Priest really impressed me but overall I wasn't amazed really...

nothing that's really BAD i would say but alotta beats I wasn't into and the choruses are really annoying...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
beats are awful, Priest sounds bored. hes spreading himself too thin

worst Wu related release in a while, i hate the production that much. it gets a 1

Is it too dark for your tastes. i love the albums moody beats i think this album isn't for everybody

Gravedigga_nigga
09-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Is it too dark for your tastes. i love the albums moody beats i think this album isn't for everybody

Exactly, it's Killah Priest and Chief Kamachi, it's not for everybody

famenchuan
09-22-2008, 08:26 AM
can someone post some tracks. I'm not going to buy something that I'm not going to listen to.

FasterBlade
09-22-2008, 08:44 AM
wouldnt even call the beats that dark, really. they just arent good

Noyz
09-22-2008, 02:52 PM
I've given this one listen so far, and it's solid as a whole. 3 or 4 of the beats really weren't up to par, and it threw me off a bit when the opening beat basically sounds like a southern club song. There's really no reason why the production couldnt be top notch when both guys could have easily contacted 7L, Godz Wrath, 4th Disciple, etc.

Still need to digest all the lyrics, but there is some sick stuff on here.

"I throw angels into hell, slap the devil as well/ Murder myself live on TV so my record will sell/"

Konii blaze
09-23-2008, 05:42 AM

Dark??? "careful" is dark "assasination day' is dark "high explosives' is dark
Those beats are just simple and boring in other terms not good at all

NoSaidDate420
09-23-2008, 09:25 AM
i just copped this. i don't understand all the hate. this album is sick. i think some of y'all got real fucked up ears. some of the beats aren't the most complex shit ever - so what. this is an ill collabo. who cares if it was recorded in 2 days, it sounds just right to me. i hope they do a part 2.

i'm on track 4 reflections. what's wrong with the beat? call me crazy or whatever you want niggaz this album is bangin. fuck the hate.

NoSaidDate420
09-23-2008, 09:46 AM
for sickness listen to track 11 "See Clearly" - priest verse is like a fukkin mescaline trip. "Greetings, Pharmaceuticals, Bombs At Funerals" ect holy shit 4 real.

"Here's A Bed 4 U 2 Die On"

WUTANG173
09-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Peace. That's my song too. Sickness for reals.

for sickness listen to track 11 "See Clearly" - priest verse is like a fukkin mescaline trip. "Greetings, Pharmaceuticals, Bombs At Funerals" ect holy shit 4 real.

"Here's A Bed 4 U 2 Die On"

THE MASON
09-28-2008, 11:46 PM
This is an ill album, both priest and kamachi are fire. The beats are dope, i dont get all the hate. Its a solid cd and both mcs deliver, but im more of a lyrical person so if the lyrics are tight then im good, the beats come second usually

racist randy
09-28-2008, 11:48 PM
This joint is dry. Priest not even top notch on here. He is 50/50. Kamachi went in. The beats are dry, I can't get through the whole album...

pmack215
10-01-2008, 11:56 AM
i liked it. it is what it is....just 2 MC's that wanted to spit a bunch of ill verses together b/c they think they fit well together. i wouldnt even call it a concept album. i think its cool...again just 2 MC's spitting some ill verses....no real concept or point. and i wasnt disappointed in the beats like a lot of others. i got it about 5 days late, and saw a bunch of people trash the production before i heard it. i liked the beats.
out of 12 songs, i like 7 of 'em a lot.

good stuff. not disappointed. and YES, kamachi did go in on here!!!

Philly represent!

Maccabee Ridah
10-02-2008, 05:38 AM
Shyt, this album is fire!!! Great chemistry!!! Production is really good, and Killah Priest is spittin some serious shyt almost over whole album, tho' there are 2 or 3 tracks I'm not feelin him on!!! Kamachi is nice!!! So all in all, pretty good album, and one more of these superior Wu-Releases lately!!!

If the poll is still open, I would vote prolly for BANGER!!!

P.E.A.C.E.

RynMur
10-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Lyrics are on point as usual. Chief Kamachi suprised me on a few tracks too. The beats are good, but could be better. Overall - Solid.

Top 5: All Hail, Illest (my fav), Time Out Revisited, Don't Waste Your Lungs, Scrolls

Grade: (3.5/5) B

biblebullet
10-18-2008, 05:59 AM
I just don't get this what is wrong with this album? Someone please tell me, i am not a technical person when it comes to music, i listen to music from a consumer's point of view and from where i am standing, the album is just fine, mos def not a classic, but mos def a banger both lyrically and beatwise

IronFingaz7
10-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Just not feeling it. The only track I actually listen to is All Hail, sometimes the Illest, but other than that I'm not feeling this shit. Weak effort in my personal opinion.

P.E.A.C.E.

the silencer
10-20-2008, 02:51 AM
I just don't get this what is wrong with this album? Someone please tell me, i am not a technical person when it comes to music, i listen to music from a consumer's point of view and from where i am standing, the album is just fine, mos def not a classic, but mos def a banger both lyrically and beatwise
i dig it for the most part....i thought Priest came amazing on most of the tracks, gotta sit down and write up a little review of this when i get the chance

the dagger
10-24-2008, 08:31 PM
yo im still on btsg i just listen to a lil of this it sounds dope. but its not priest on that shit i need ck kills it thoes suprise me..but im give it some more listen did any on hear peace b still?....

Durag
10-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Have to say, this album is better than i expected. Yeah it isnt amazing or anything but i was expecting something pretty wack.

Track 3 and 4 are dope, great beats, but the rest of the beats leave something to be desired. Idk what Sheepish is talking about, saying there 'dark' coz there not.

Lyrically Priest comes correct on some tracks, although hes lacking in a few, Chief Kamachi is reletivly similar thoroughout. Nothing amazing, but decent.

6.5 or 7/10

hide1998
10-30-2008, 01:38 AM
I can't wait to peep this. Admittedly, I didn't even know about this project.

THE MASON
11-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I have been playin this non stop for the past three days

its one of the best albums of '08 imo, Kamachi and Priest body every song

MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM

^ I feel the same way.

duotone
11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
this is a moterfuckin great and brilliant album...

priest came out with 3 album this year and everything is fresh ... priest is the illes in the game...

shit... cant wait for 2009... black market 2.... behind the stained glass.... and there could be more.... we dont know

DEVAMPS
12-11-2008, 01:18 PM
banger i like every track on this- both of them spit ill verses back to back.. 2 of the best lyricists just flowin

Mashallarts
01-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Amazing Album just got it the other day...its sickkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew
02-02-2009, 08:51 AM
im a big killer priest fan since day one. i also like Kamachi. this album was a good purchase but i gotta say there is a definite fall off towards the end. the first 5 tracks are damn near perfect with Kamachi giving Priest a surprising run for his money, but then there is a definite slow down and retread going on for the remainder of the album. still a worthy addition to any Priest or AOTP fans collection tho.

KingTuk
03-03-2009, 02:14 AM
I think the album was dope, but the Black Market Militia album was better.

shogun85
09-27-2009, 12:27 AM
This album grew on me. Its definitely a Banger...Dont sleep on this like I did!!! All tracks are banagers. Give it a few listens. They make a dope collabo.

uQc46dIGDdA

food for thought
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
im listening to this album, sipping on some whiskey lol

aint listened in a while cause my computer was broke, but im re-living the dopeness.

dope ass album. u can let it ride front to back.

priest and kamachi, both came thru on this. every song.

they need to come with a sequel.

Illmatic Hispanic
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
shits fire.. damn, when i hear ''most high'' i can picture a Kp and pac colab on that beat..
too bad.