PDA

View Full Version : What was the last cassette you bought??

Art Vandelay
09-20-2008, 11:02 PM
this is for you old heads out there. this was brought up in another thread so i just figured i would make a new one here.

i'm not sure which was the last one, but it's out of these 5

ODB's return to the 36
Dayton Family FBI
Mobb Deep Infamous
Geto Boys the ressurrection
the DOC helter skelter

SKANK HILL
09-20-2008, 11:05 PM
probably michael jackson HIStory tapes ...

SKAMPOE
09-20-2008, 11:13 PM
last tape i bought was the bone thugsn harmony debut album nameen that first jump off, shit was the illest

STYLE
09-20-2008, 11:47 PM
beck
midnight vultures

the turquoise tape.

TSA
09-20-2008, 11:53 PM
i never bought tapes cause i wasn't old enough to have money or enough interest, but i am all for bringing tapes back in place of CDs
cds were a downgrade in technology

who cares if you can fit more stuff? that's fuckin gay, why would you want 4000 hours of gucci mane?

tapes were the shit, made the artists make better music imo

EAGLE EYE
09-20-2008, 11:57 PM
a down grade in technology?

Vikthor
09-21-2008, 12:03 AM
i think mine was the batman... batman and robin? or batman forever soundtrack

it had smashing pumpkins on it and bonethugs look into my eyes< which i imagine was the only reason i wanted it back then probably fucking ten? years ago yeeeesh

BTTR KNG KOOL
09-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, CDs represent the first steps of digital technology while late tape technology represents the Peak of magnetic recording.

Theres a reason why producers shoot their shit thru tape before puttin it down to CDs and why people refer Wax instead of CDs.

when ppl were bumping the DANCE MAX cds, the real people were still puttin out tape.

STYLE
09-21-2008, 12:08 AM
the best thing about tapes was their durability. you can even repair tapes. i don't think thats possible with any other music medium.

nothing else about tapes is good.

i can fit about 131 mp3s on cd and pop it in my car stereo. tape maxes out at 90 min=30 songs appx

the tape hiss was horrible. and it got worse with time.

the speed of rewind and fastforward was bad too. i even had a turbo rewind on my deck and it still was shitty.

I think TSA is getting records confused with tapes.

SKANK HILL
09-21-2008, 01:10 AM
i think mine was the batman... batman and robin? or batman forever soundtrack

it had smashing pumpkins on it and bonethugs look into my eyes< which i imagine was the only reason i wanted it back then probably fucking ten? years ago yeeeesh

that reminds me i had one batman soundtrack on tape that had method man on it ... that U2 song that was huge and alot of shit music in between ...

SKAMPOE
09-21-2008, 01:20 AM
that reminds me i had one batman soundtrack on tape that had method man on it ... that U2 song that was huge and alot of shit music in between ...
THE RIDDLER

_uVBa-qyLiw

RIP ODB

Vikthor
09-21-2008, 01:25 AM
i didnt have the one with the riddler on it that one is probably the better one hahahaa

must have been batman & robin then