PDA

View Full Version : Beat Battles Season 2 Tournament (Ideas/Suggestions)

Complex
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Aight... As most of yall probly know the beat battle tournament is gonna start after this last round ends (Rd 10)... I did this last year too and I think its a good idea to get some input as to how we gonna do the tournament this year.. First off if someone wants to volunteer to host it, preferably someone nuetral that aint participatin in it, thats cool with me... If not I can do it again..

Ok here are some of my ideas on how this can go down.... Maybe Chek can hook this up with a poll so cats can vote on em or w/e...
There are 10 heads in the competition so we could do it like last year and break them into 5 groups of 1 vs 1....
So thats five rounds and here is a list of themes we could use for the rounds...

a)Wu Tang Theme- sample any wu sampled track or sample a paticular wu/affiliate producer

b)Movie Theme- sample a movie or soundtrack

c)Genre Theme- sample a certain genre of music

d)Artist Theme- sample an artist of your choice

e)Remix Theme- use an acapella to make a remix

f)Tag Team Theme- two contestants pair up in 2 vs 2 battles

g)Emcee Theme- each contestant selects a wu corp mc to pair up with

h)Freestyle Theme- no rules (should be final round)

i)Showcase Theme- put together a mix of several short beats

j)?

So if we gonna select from these themes we should vote on which ones and the order of em... Or we could do it completely different... I know some of these ideas could be hard to pull off so we should decide on concepts that are realistic... The more input we get the better this will be so please share your ideas...

Oh yea and before the actual tournament start we need to do a sign in thread for all the contestants so everyone is ready...

12weLvE
09-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Sounds ill Plex... I am most def going to host this... After round 10 is over I will put up a poll.

Complex
09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
no doubt.... I want to hear some ideas on this....

INF
09-25-2008, 01:47 PM
If its gonna be remixes then I'm screwed cuz I cant seem to get that shit right.

I like the Movie , tag team , and emcee Ideas but the tag team one takes a lot of work. I done that on another forum and it took a long time and was difficult. I'm always down to be optimistic though.

Showcase theme is nice as well. I remember one round this cat came outta nowhere and was like "I know I didnt sign in but can I get down". That cat had made 3 or 4 beats outta the sample and was like "pick one". Thats ill. I'm down for that.

KLIION JENSEN
09-25-2008, 09:22 PM
i wanna get in on this, i like the themes too (except for the tag team one - too many cooks & all that), but i think it should go on for as many weeks as there are themes & each week the host picks the artist, genre, movie or whatever and at the end of it all, add up the scores from each theme.......i'm guessing thats what you're on about anyways, but yeah, i want in on this..

question...
for the mc theme, can a producer pair up with him/herself if they're also an mc ??

Sinapse
09-25-2008, 09:30 PM
i wanna get in on this, i like the themes too (except for the tag team one - too many cooks & all that), but i think it should go on for as many weeks as there are themes & each week the host picks the artist, genre, movie or whatever and at the end of it all, add up the scores from each theme.......i'm guessing thats what you're on about anyways, but yeah, i want in on this..

question...
for the mc theme, can a producer pair up with him/herself if they're also an mc ??

i really like the mc theme idea, i'd participate as an MC since i can't produce...but i think if it's done the producer should have to work with someone they haven't previously, that way it tests their production skills by seeing if they can come up with a beat that will work well with the MCs voice...i'm just saying you would have an advantage since you know exactly what type of beats you sound best on, no challenge in crafting the beat to match your tone and cadence...

KLIION JENSEN
09-25-2008, 10:16 PM
i really like the mc theme idea, i'd participate as an MC since i can't produce...but i think if it's done the producer should have to work with someone they haven't previously, that way it tests their production skills by seeing if they can come up with a beat that will work well with the MCs voice...i'm just saying you would have an advantage since you know exactly what type of beats you sound best on, no challenge in crafting the beat to match your tone and cadence...

true, i know what ya saying, i just dont think that SOME of the mc's on here would be up for it with certain people, i really only asked about it in the first place because i know i get next to no love on here as an mc, & i dunno how wu corp mc's feel about my beats, but, if the mc's are up for it & will comit to it, then yeah definitley......the remixes is gonna be my shit, cos i love making beats from scratch, but when theres a vocal already there, my mind wanders miles away from what the original sounded like, i mean, check out anything on www.soundclick.com/northernscumproductions (yes they're for d/l too) and tell me if any of em sound like the way it does on the official release, personally i dont think any of em do

the silencer
09-26-2008, 12:11 AM
i'm sayin this mainly as one who just comes in and listens to the beats and votes for whoever (would love to try and make beats someday myself but never tried) so take it how you want it but....

this

e)Remix Theme- use an acapella to make a remixwould be my favorite...I love hearing how ppl try to re-do some songs and occasionally do so brilliantly....and you could use mostly or strictly songs that have are generally thought to have inferior beats but good lyrics, I think of tons of Wu ones especially recently but you could also make a poll in the Hip Hop Shop asking for ppl's opinions on songs that should be remixed...
[i understand the problem with that theme would be finding accapellas for all these songs....I assume it's hard to just remix a song without the accapella?]

I also think these would be mad interesting:

b)Movie Theme- sample a movie or soundtrack

g)Emcee Theme- each contestant selects a wu corp mc to pair up with

h)Freestyle Theme- no rules (should be final round)

i)Showcase Theme- put together a mix of several short beats