Always tryin to get shit I never had
'cause times is bad like luck
That's why I don't give a fuck
I dig up my nose and my butt
on the bus or the train
This is for niggas walkin in the rain
listenin to they walk-mane
talkin the New York fuckin slang

or are those meant as pirate parrot Polly crackers?

Still, what a sucky verse, plus he used it at least two times more.

So, is he racist?

Chief 'Broom
09-27-2008, 02:52 PM
I would say him hating white people qualifies him to be a racist.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah, it's the context he used that line that really makes him a racist.

Shame on a nigga!

Deen
09-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Any time he spits that verse now (either live or freestyle) he censors that line, perhaps it no longer represents what he thinks of white ppl (no?).

Jammin
09-27-2008, 03:45 PM
i heard his wife is white

NIKLZ
09-27-2008, 03:59 PM
I heard he once played chess on top of a glacier with a polar bear while it was snowing!

I'm not saying its true, but hey that's what i heard.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-27-2008, 04:02 PM
I once heard Graveyard Chamber and it sucked because of his verse.

Be hateful today, people!

Paranoid
09-27-2008, 04:25 PM
you pretty much answered your own question

and i like that verse

THE MASON
09-27-2008, 04:42 PM
ODB used to call white people the devil, Dreddy wasn't the only one who didnt like white people. Thats a ill verse either way, i yell that line all the time whne i hear it, and im white

claaa7
09-27-2008, 05:20 PM
nah this shit bothers me alot with some dope hip-hop, i can't listen much to Brand Nubian though i think there music is dope for example..

of course Dreddy felt that way when he wrote the verse but i'm sure he has changed his mind by now cuz he's been working with some white guys like M-80, Aesop Rock, R.A. The Rugged Man.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-27-2008, 05:26 PM
ODB used to call white people the devil, Dreddy wasn't the only one who didnt like white people. Thats a ill verse either way, i yell that line all the time whne i hear it, and im white

That's different.

Otherwise, I can't see how anybody can like that verse. :O Really. Name one thing good about it.... And then people hate on 8 Diagrams and Bulletproof Wallets :O :O

Ritter
09-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I can drop a better verse than that.

Can I be GZA's A&R?

THE MASON
09-27-2008, 05:37 PM
That's different.

Otherwise, I can't see how anybody can like that verse. :O Really. Name one thing good about it.... And then people hate on 8 Diagrams and Bulletproof Wallets :O :O

I liked both those cds, his verse is has an ol' school feel to it, sounds like hes actually freestylin like right off the dome and im down with that, thats true freestylin. not this i got this track already and im gonna try it over another beat.

And ya shizzah you can rhyme better then that, might as well give the A&R game a shot

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I can drop a better verse than that.

Can I be GZA's A&R?

For both, yes.

I hate what happened to Protools, how the fuck can he put an album with undone songs [same happened to 8Diagrams, aaaargh, ftWu?!?!?!?]

Ritter
09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Only thing left is for me to climb a mountain, and learn to play the electric guitar.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-27-2008, 05:39 PM
delivery, flow, lyrics....lacking

metaphors?

ya bitch-ass-niggas, y'all not ass, y'all titty
y'all style is shitty
How dare you try to represent New York fuckin City
I been down since BVDs and durags
shelltops and shags

C'MON, this is why I can't say the album is better than Illmatic... ;(

TheWolf
09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Hating your fellow man based on nothing but their skin colour = forgivable.

This verse = unforgivable.

zooruka
09-27-2008, 06:10 PM
ive havent heard much dreedy but from what i have heard i didnt like at all.

Tracks
09-27-2008, 06:12 PM
alot of 90's rappers shared the same beliefs, just like the wu used to make fun of u got because of his light skin, it was the philosophy of the past, its 08 now.

pmack215
09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
I would say him hating white people qualifies him to be a racist.

LOL......crackers do NOT = white people. i'm white and i know i aint a cracker!!

i'd say a cracker is some old, close-minded, prejudice white person. so, it aint offensive to me if other races hate crackers. crackers aint got shit to do w/ me.

all dreddy's done w/ M-80 and u think he's racist???? dreddy just put out "folk & stress" and u think he's racist????

and even if someone uses the word "cracker" it doesnt necessarily mean they're racist.

(i cant believe i even had to explain this.)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-28-2008, 02:25 AM
^^^^^^^ I said it's the context that makes that line racist.

Ok, at least he was racist. lol

TAURO
09-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Hip hop music originally wasn't mean't for white people, it just so happened that white people embraced it regardless of some of the lyrics. Alot of rappers shared/ still share the same views, people have to remember that generally hip hop was made by people of colour for people of colour.

Gitche Manito
09-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Hip hop music originally wasn't mean't for white people, it just so happened that white people embraced it regardless of some of the lyrics. Alot of rappers shared/ still share the same views, people have to remember that generally hip hop was made by people of colour for people of colour.

Yup, I have absolutely no problem with racism towards white people.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Rappers like Beastie Boys were into hiphop very soon.

For those that doesn't know, they were white and well recieved.

blaksteez
09-28-2008, 11:27 AM
It was a raw verse on a gravediggaz album,he prob dont even that way anymore ,but you have to just take this verse as raw he was lettin off steam on there,like man says up there Hip Hop was and is ethnic music ,sometimes views are gona be said that aint so P.C .wether it be good or bad...I saw a video of public enemy at a rececnt concert and there was more white ppl in the audience than black people lol !

BronzearmzNYC
09-28-2008, 11:38 AM
He isnt racist. RELAX and get over it. If you dont like what he said then dont buy any Think Differentlly stuff and dont buy and Wu-Tang stuff. Get over it, the song is 14 yrs old, its yesterday's news.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-28-2008, 12:53 PM
^^^^LOL I GET IT COMPLETLY, seems like other people don't get it

If people don't see that verse as one of the weakest in wu history, then I don't know.

TAURO
09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Yup, I have absolutely no problem with racism towards white people.

Im not advocating that, im just saying that back then hip hop wasn't made with white people in mind.

Gitche Manito
09-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Im not advocating that, im just saying that back then hip hop wasn't made with white people in mind.

Yeah I know.

My point is since racism has mostly come from white people in our recent history, it's not that big a deal if it goes back where it came from.

What goes around comes around.

tHe aBicUs
09-28-2008, 02:49 PM
most black folks hate crackers

12weLvE
09-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I love The Royal fam album and when I think about Dreddy on this album I think of:

Dreddy Kruger

My Clan is thick like plaster
Bust ya, slash ya, Dutch Master rapper
White cracker slapper, twist darts like Cappa
When I smoke trees, before and after
Supreme rapper, jaw tapper
Track by True Mast' and John The Baptist, bitch
Nuttin' but classic hits from Miami to Bushwick
My voice alone attracts mothafuckas in masses
Fat asses with glasses, 85% of you hot dogs sound like asses
You're soft like ashes, lookin' funny like rashes

Is he a racist?? I dont know, but he benefits of white people because I hate to say it but most white back packer kids are the ones who buy albums like "Think Differently."

Marwan
09-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Is Dreddy Racist???? Do you niggas even listen to Wutang niggas Lyrics..if i had a dollar for every time they said "Cracka" and reffered to Whites as "Devils", and hell they 5 percenters which teaches the black man is God and the white man is the Devil...are u really this slow or just in denial?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
^^^^Ok, I'm waiting for the Wu-Tang cracka rush [not counting ODB tho]

ShaDynasty
09-28-2008, 04:17 PM
I always thought that verse was supposed to be humorous. I mean read the lyrics, that shit is hardly designed for deep deconstruction.

But who can blame him, they taste like cardboard and make your mouth dry. I prefer cookies

Jedrek
09-28-2008, 05:22 PM
maybe he is racist but money from white probably doesn't bother him

Chief 'Broom
09-28-2008, 10:24 PM
LOL......crackers do NOT = white people. i'm white and i know i aint a cracker!!

i'd say a cracker is some old, close-minded, prejudice white person. so, it aint offensive to me if other races hate crackers. crackers aint got shit to do w/ me.

all dreddy's done w/ M-80 and u think he's racist???? dreddy just put out "folk & stress" and u think he's racist????

and even if someone uses the word "cracker" it doesnt necessarily mean they're racist.

(i cant believe i even had to explain this.)If a white rapper said "I love white women and I have fucking nigg**s," black people would be offended, I assure you. There are black people who don't deserve respect as well as white people. But that doesn't mean their behavior should be associated to their race.

Anyway, Tauro's got a point, it was a different environment back then. Sorry for getting all diplomatic, just proving a point against your line of thinking. Truthfully, I can give a fuck less about Dreddy Kruger and what he may believe.

J-Cee
09-29-2008, 08:37 AM

(i cant believe i even had to explain this.)

co sign to this

pmack215
09-29-2008, 09:02 AM
If a white rapper said "I love white women and I have fucking nigg**s," black people would be offended, I assure you. There are black people who don't deserve respect as well as white people. But that doesn't mean their behavior should be associated to their race.

Anyway, Tauro's got a point, it was a different environment back then. Sorry for getting all diplomatic, just proving a point against your line of thinking. Truthfully, I can give a fuck less about Dreddy Kruger and what he may believe.

peace.

how is ur statement "against" my statement? i dont think i clearly see what ur saying.

Chief 'Broom
09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
The fact that you excuse black people for saying racist things, like 'he's not talking about me, he's talking about the same white people that I hate.' I think that's kinda weak. Have a little pride.

Really though, Dreddy doesn't deserve this type of attention for something he said in the mid-90s. I was dragged into this conversation.

food for thought
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I love The Royal fam album and when I think about Dreddy on this album I think of:

Dreddy Kruger

My Clan is thick like plaster
Bust ya, slash ya, Dutch Master rapper
White cracker slapper, twist darts like Cappa
When I smoke trees, before and after
Supreme rapper, jaw tapper
Track by True Mast' and John The Baptist, bitch
Nuttin' but classic hits from Miami to Bushwick
"

LOL @ white cracker slapper. that shit is hilarious.

im sure he aint racist u dumb muthacukers.

you white boys are just real insucure about your shit.

pmack215
09-29-2008, 02:02 PM
The fact that you excuse black people for saying racist things, like 'he's not talking about me, he's talking about the same white people that I hate.' I think that's kinda weak. Have a little pride.

Really though, Dreddy doesn't deserve this type of attention for something he said in the mid-90s. I was dragged into this conversation.

come on man, u dont know me....so ya really cant make such a personal statement about/against me.

i have plenty of pride for myself and MY people.

crackers = ignorant, prejudice & racist, close-minded, unrealistic white people whose words & actions (among plenty of other things) shine a negative damning unfair light on MY AUTHENTIC PEOPLE
.......no, they (crackers) are NOT my people!!!!

("just because we have the same skin, dont mean we are the same kin!")
.......hmmm, who said that??

look 'chief broom', u really dont know me.....and online we cant really have a legit fair clear discussion on such a touchy subject.....so lets not take this any further.
i mean, we're all here b/c we have a common interest in WTC.......let it stay there.

Chief 'Broom
09-29-2008, 02:07 PM
That's what it is then. There are bigger battles to fight.

pmack215
09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
That's what it is then. There are bigger battles to fight.

^^^word.

food for thought
09-29-2008, 07:14 PM
^ word up.

Tecknowledgist
09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
lol everybody just brushed Jammin's comment aside. i'm pretty sure dreddy kruger's wife is actually white.

i hate the whole "cracker/white person" distinguishing. like someone else said. if i were to get on the mic and yell. "I LOVE WHITE WOMEN AND I HATE FUCKIN N*GGERS" how do you think that would go? and then i would say "ohhh i didnt mean it like that. n*ggers are not the same as black people"

horseshit. even if rap wasnt made for white people. it wouldnt go well if i said that at the ballroom dance floor either.

he's not racist but he made a racist remark. bottom line

Krusha
01-18-2009, 09:00 AM
He may not be a racist,but white people used to slave niggas. lmao :d