PDA

View Full Version : Explain the politics in your country (kuntree)

TSA
09-27-2008, 10:20 PM
the whole australia v. america arguement got me thinking, i wonder what the political climate is like in australia, and then other place you fellows are from cause we've heard all the yap about american politics (borringg) and we're all aware whats going on there.

*sniff*
*sniff* *sniff*
ya sniffs?

Faekwon
09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/13z6br5.jpg

TSA
09-27-2008, 10:37 PM
damn, we gonna let this recession happen naturally or are we gonna make secondaries and decide everything failed before it fails.

anyways, as i was saying

he whole australia v. america arguement got me thinking, i wonder what the political climate is like in australia, and then other place you fellows are from cause we've heard all the yap about american politics (borringg) and we're all aware whats going on there.

*sniff*
*sniff* *sniff*
ya sniffs?

Faekwon
09-27-2008, 10:39 PM
i wonder what the political climate is like in australia,

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/capnmorgan2007/FAG.png

The Hound
09-27-2008, 11:51 PM
where do you want us to begin?

TSA
09-27-2008, 11:59 PM
well explain the system and the parties, then who's who in da game
i dont even know the prime minster, except that howard guy that like bushe's dills and said that obama shouldn't be pres. cause he's black or something

The Hound
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
main parties are liberal and labor ... then there's like independent's in nationals and greens ... they basically ship off their votes for the 2 majors ... i forget who does who though ... labor are currently for almost a year now in charge after liberals had 11 years in power ... kevin rudd is the prime minister and he spends more time on holiday overseas than here fixing our country ... kevin rudd won on the back of the people's paranoia from workchoices

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WorkChoices

labor by and large supposed to represent the working class ... and liberals the business sector ... neither of tem represent anyone really and they're both as shit as each other ... for all the hoo-haa the independent's put up for being the ones to keep the parties in check they just bow down like bitches at the sight of a strong arm ...

in my state we just had the WORST premier in the history of the state resign http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_iemma ... my state is an absolute mess and probably in the worst condition out of any state or territory ...

the government love to give hundreds of millions of dollars to shit holes like the solomon islands, indonesia and anyone else with their handout while our hospitals are nothing short of third world standard, our roads are littered with pot holes, we have a shortage of police and shit is getting more expensive by the day ...

NSW rail system is easily the worst in the country ... i get on trains to go to work and sometimes they don't announce because the previous train was late this one is a direct to the city service i go 12 stations past my destination ... if a train is 5 minutes late that's called on time ... the train carriages are atleast 15 years old ... no air conditiong ... windows that open 10cm and you have to pay through the arse to ride them and you cop a $200 fine for being caught without a ticket ...

the heatlh care system is a fucking disgrace ... stories like women giving birth in toilets at hospitals because there is no room ... people dying in waiting rooms because there's a lack of staff to treat them ...

yeah ... NSW is messed up

The Hound
09-28-2008, 12:29 AM
australian parliament at it's finest ... MR SPEAKER!

PBvryavwV0w
J3QiwaU3CMM
vgyGd981Q5w
udN4h0YzXDg
_S-9IRjGf3c

i've just noticed how politicians sound like snob ponce cunts ...

TSA
09-28-2008, 12:29 AM
damn, i thought it was all handouts over there.

what are the elections like?

EAGLE EYE
09-28-2008, 12:43 AM
I Single Handedly Was The Root Cause Of The Us Persecution Of Aussies, Circa 2006-early '07

Then I Calmed Down.

The Hound
09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
it's compulsory to vote from 18 ... but in reality you only have to get your named marked off if you really didn't want to vote ... you vote in your local electorate and that's usually held a a local hall or school hall places like that ... if you don't vote you get a fine and any kind of fine that you get from not voting or being caught without train ticket etc... means you can't obtain/renew a drivers license until paid off ...

i just had to vote 2 weeks ago on the local council elections ... waste of fucking time i drew a pair tits on my vote since i didn't know who was running for election ...

the lection campagins are usually just smear campaigns against the other person ... probably the same in the US and everywhere else ... they talk alot of bullshit and don't end up doing anything ... there's usually one major issue the wins/loses the lections ... work choices was last year ... a couple years ago there was children overboard thing ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_overboard_affair ...

kevin rudd basically won the election because he promised to abolish the work choices but then 8 months later only made minor adjustments ... the economy will go to shit after this government ...

the fact that the then prime minister john howard and the treasurer peter costello had tension didn't help the liberals ... people saw costello's pursuit of power as arrogant and his public opinion went down hill as it was assumed john howard wouldn't continue the post as prime minister for long if he had have won ... costello was basically demanding leadership power be given to him and howard refused ...

the liberal campaign was odd to say the least ... not much campaigning and not much scrutiny on kevin rudd who had only been labor leader for a matter of months ... some people believe howard did this deliberately so that the liberals wouldn't obtain power ...

here's the opposition leader Mark Latham from the 2004 election
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Latham

why wouldn't you want a loud mouth, cursing, taxi driver bashing prime minister lol ? ... cappatilize project would be so much better if latham had won in 04

The Hound
09-28-2008, 12:45 AM
i am going to buy this book ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Latham_Diaries

TSA
09-28-2008, 01:03 AM
LOL at the cardboard, that would never be lived down if someone did it here aHAHAhahAHAHahAHHAHAHHAhaAHH!! though hilarious, this isn't the genius government pat bateman described, ya'll are a funny lot of s.o.bs

The Hound
09-28-2008, 01:48 AM
haha the parliament is some funny shit ... it's honestly like a rich white rap battle tournament ... all they do is put shit each on other lol believe me australian politicians are NOT genius in anyway ... anyone who tries to tell you that is most likely taking the piss

there's been incidents of how they get on the piss heavy after 6 oclock and they're at parliament drunk as fuck lol ... makes me want to be a politician ...

i'm fucked if i know what his name is ... but if you pause the first video at 45 seconds the guy standing up to the left of the carboard cutout looks like luca brasi from the godfather lol

Eyetalian
09-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Costello is the granddaddy of political pwnage. He would have made for a great leader

unfortunately the public perception is that he is a smug bastard based on a that smirk of

his.

The Hound
09-28-2008, 02:00 AM
i'd love to have had mark latham as prime minister jsut for a month ... just to see the ruckus he'd have caused lol

g_flex
09-28-2008, 02:00 AM
the politics has the been in the worst...they have shut down prominent bloggers who speak up against the injustces here...they arrested people who fight back under internal security act which means detention without trial and they mind fuck ppl up in there.they then throw accuses on a opposition saying he is fucked a guy in d ass whr it is pretty obvious he did not...its fucked up with rallies every week and d economy is being gored by a few bastards who claim they champion muslim rights in malaysia.haizzzzzzzz

Eyetalian
09-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Poor Anwar, Sodomy thats bullshit that you can even get charged for that.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-28-2008, 02:04 AM
haha at me describing a 'genius parliament'

I just said, they are professional politicians (cunts) who do there job.

We have an upper and lower house here.

Lower house forms govt.

Upper House = Senate = Represents states.

Senate is elected preferentially proportionally (hard to explain, but it is), while lower house (House of Representatives) is elected Preferentially.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_electoral_system#The_House_of_Represent atives

TSA
09-28-2008, 02:07 AM
is it more unitary or federalist

US is federalist

Longbongcilvaringz
09-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Federal system.

Australia's political system combines the US, Swiss, Candian and British system.

Referendums, Bi Cameral parliament, Proportional Voting, Representative of the Monarch etc. etc.

The Hound
09-28-2008, 02:12 AM
did you vote liberal the other week mr bateman?

Longbongcilvaringz
09-28-2008, 02:16 AM
In the state election?

I voted for the Greens, in the upper and lower house.

Wow, im like, so alternative.

There was no fucking way i was voting for either of those incompetent fuckwits though.

TSA
09-28-2008, 02:17 AM
oh, and nigerian politics is a hoot for those interested.

since the military 'stepped down' peacefully by their own terms they still have control of who's who, but that's starting to dye down.

everyone's heard of the rampant corruption, but that's dying down as well, dramatically according to my dad. Obansanjo was a military leader, then military stepped down and he became president (tho the military leader that did the step down was Babangida)

He was corrupt by nature but had a sense of vision for the country. He started the EFCC which was a corruption busting agency that came back to bite the shit out of him.

anyways he and the vice president get into beef when his term was ending. I think he wanted an honest person as the next pres and the vice pres is a well known low life.

so they beefed and the vice pres got kicked out of the party and bascially boned to death (he party is PCP, the win all the elections, they're fuckin huge....huge...)

so Obasanjo picks Yar Adua as his next in line and Yar wins the election cause OBJ rigged the shit out of it.

Adua is a good guy, he gets audited regularly and isn't corrupt, well educated, and is dedicated to establishing rule of law. Problem is he's a bitch. He moves at the turtle pace and has serious health problems.

everyone thought he was OBJs puppet until the EFCC audited OBJ's daughter and she got busted (ugly bitch lol). Then his son, all his cronies, and now him. Shit is getting too real, that EFCC is doin big finnz.

Tons of governors have been thrown in jail for being fags, meaning the era of shitty politicians is coming to an end.

Yar Adua has a 7 point plan to make Nigeria a top 20 economy by 20.20 by focusing on roads and electricity, as soon as those are 100% 9which should happen in 2012), the country will explode in godhood cause it's the only thing holding it back.

Eyetalian
09-28-2008, 02:17 AM
He's a communist.

The Hound
09-28-2008, 02:19 AM
In the state election?

I voted for the Greens, in the upper and lower house.

Wow, im like, so alternative.

There was no fucking way i was voting for either of those incompetent fuckwits though.

who do the greens give their votes to? ...

i voted for the fisherman's party in the state election ... it was funny at the time ...

Eyetalian
09-28-2008, 02:21 AM
who do the greens give their votes to? ...

i voted for the fisherman's party in the state election ... it was funny at the time ...

Labor

TSA
09-28-2008, 02:44 AM
oh and the ethnicities get in the way too. Hausa are the 'majority'. They're muslim and in the north and really militaristic. They have no control of the economy and civil sector whatsoever cause they're mainly illiterate and don't care about that stuff.

They have little to no natural resources but they're all up in da military so their states get the most money and they manipulate census so they get a bigger federal cut (nigeria is the only place in the world where the desert has more ppl then tropics, give me a fuckin break)

and igbos have no political power but control everything else cause they don't go into the military, but they're the working, middle, and upper class,

like jews really. all the other ethnicities are neutral and do whatever, except Ogoni who are all about getting SHell Oil the fuck off their dickkkz. Shell and Hausas

g_flex
09-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Poor Anwar, Sodomy thats bullshit that you can even get charged for that.

damn man....i didnt knw someone here will know about these issue goin ...where ya at eye?
only in my country where the prime minister n his deupty gets away with corruption,huge amounts of money unaccounted for,change ministerial positions throw journalist in jail for exposing racist remarks by others.

TSA
09-28-2008, 04:05 AM
what are some of Australia's foriegn policy issues and stances?

it's like the white kid that sits at the asian table, it has to have something

Eyetalian
09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
damn man....i didnt knw someone here will know about these issue goin ...where ya at eye?
only in my country where the prime minister n his deupty gets away with corruption,huge amounts of money unaccounted for,change ministerial positions throw journalist in jail for exposing racist remarks by others.

Watched a documentary on Malay politics and it did focus on Anwar quite a

bit, that guy got a fuckin raw deal. I have previously lived in Brunei though.

I'm now currently living in Australia.