PDA

View Full Version : Check out my beats

talassi
09-28-2008, 12:26 PM
sup guys

i've been posting on the wu forums for a long time, but just found the audio booth. i downloaded a demo version of FL studio and have been playing around a bit. i made a couple of beats. check them out at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=878078

please go easy on me :) i just started a month ago, but i'm interested in your feedback... also since i have the demo version, i can't modify the tracks anymore, i can only make new ones

look forward to hearing from yall

White_Mouse
09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
I listened to "Classic", i felt like you mixed the instruments that you used for the melody quite well, but i wasn't feeling the digi horn that you used as an instrument and overall the melody wasn't very interesting...the drums could have stood out a bit more too, but for only a month of beat making your beats are actually pretty good, just keep on it

talassi
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
thanks very much for listening, i appreciate the feedback!

Erap
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
alright i checked out villain nice piano but it needs a bass classic is nice but u have to take out that horn when it comes flat it sounds really crazy and add more 2 it cause it sounds empty u have to layar the sounds 2gether instead of playing one at a time then switching make a melody with ur instruments stacked i really enjoyed memory ill check the rest when i have time so peace..

dutchperp
09-28-2008, 09:29 PM
dont use those cheesy sounds.....digg for the samples.....

THE MASON
09-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Yo, i gave most the beats a listen, all pretty good but it sounds like something is missing. I cant really tell you what, i dont make beats but as an mc, i hear something missing. I would say get the full version of FL so you can re work those beats, find that missing instrument.

Boss_Digger
09-29-2008, 03:24 PM
yo for a month these are pretty good!! they feel a bit empty and lack atmosphere but thats cos your using generic sounds that came with your package! Build up your sample collection theres loads of free shit out there or bootlegged at least lol!! And just keep grinding, practise makes perfect and all that !!

The Prime Sithesizah
09-30-2008, 11:18 AM
sup guys

i've been posting on the wu forums for a long time, but just found the audio booth. i downloaded a demo version of FL studio and have been playing around a bit. i made a couple of beats. check them out at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=878078

please go easy on me :) i just started a month ago, but i'm interested in your feedback... also since i have the demo version, i can't modify the tracks anymore, i can only make new ones

look forward to hearing from yall

Lol don't even stress it because when you have the demo, it puts you to work. Point and case, the outcome of your beats will display how much time you've put into it and everything. I make beats in one shot and whatever it concludes to be, it is. Nevertheless, nothing's really bad or weak about your style. Just work with other sounds and if you're going to use the FL style.. make it unrecognized as much as possible. Sample other sounds from http://www.breakbeat-paradise.com and play around with FL. I prefer FL 7 over any of the others. But keep elevating, innovate and play around right now until you're seriously feeling like you've found yourself in the music, thats just my thoughts!!

KLIION JENSEN
09-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Memory, Stand Up, Rush & Freefall are the best ones in my opinion, you got some good ideas, i think you just need more practice at getting them sounding right & mixing them right, but after only being at it for a month, you're doing well.....if it was longer, i'd like to do something with Stand Up, thats dope

talassi
11-09-2008, 09:58 AM
ok guys, i took some of your feedback, and went into the lab for a month and made some new ones (okay it wasn't a lab, it was still just the demo version of FL studio)

Anyway, the tracks i'm most proud of since that time are "infectious", "state of grace", and "270"

I would appreciate some feedback...

KERZO
11-09-2008, 10:16 AM
haahahahahahahahahahaha

talassi
11-09-2008, 10:49 AM
thanks for taking the time to listen, Fermi