PDA

View Full Version : I Just Bought A PS3 Today, Help Me Decide....

TAURO
09-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Which games to get next.

I managed to pick up a used PS3 thats 60 gig with backwards compatability, I would have picked up the new 80 gig but these newer models lack the backwards compat and I just couldn't part with all my fave 2D fighting games.

Anyway I bought 3 games so far which were Metal Gear 4, COD 4 and Force Unleased. Within the next couple of weeks I plan to pick up a few more games but I can't decide which ones, so any thoughts would help.

On my radar are...

GTA 4
Soul Calibur IV
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Uncharted (budget range now)
Heavenly sword (Budget range)
Assassins Creed (Budget range)
Sega Rally

so which three games shall I get next? feel free to drop some other suggestions too.

oDoUoSoKo
09-29-2008, 09:17 PM
GTA 4, SC4, and if u can DMC4 if not, forget it.

11th Chamber
09-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Gta IV

KZA
09-29-2008, 10:18 PM
skip DMC4...

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is cheap now and is better than the 2 even though its the 3rd time the game is being released, also try to get Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

oDoUoSoKo
09-29-2008, 10:40 PM
things to look for, Blazblue or w/e its called, Tekken 6, MK Vs DC, and SF4

WU-KILLAH
09-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I've been pretty disappointed with GTA. If you're into COD, I suggest you battlefield which has been a very good surprise. I haven't played the last soul calibur, but Im sure you won't take a big risk buying it.

TAURO
09-29-2008, 11:13 PM
GTA 4, SC4, and if u can DMC4 if not, forget it.

I heard that GTA 4 isn't really all that. I never was really able to get into this series except for San Andreas and Vice city stories on psp. Im still willing to give it a try but since i've yet to get started on metal gear, I might hold of for a little bit.

Soul Calibur I want but a friend of mine said it's not worth the amount you pay for it, he recommends waiting till it goes down in price.

DMC is a firm fave of mine, i've been looking forward to that game, did you not think it was all that?

Tekken 6 is coming out soon, so IMO if u were thinking of a fighting game, I'd wait for th@t...due date isn't till NOV though........same with SF:IV but no talks as to when it'll be released on consoles.......

Otherwise man, I say u should consider getting:

http://www.sofacinema.co.uk/guardian/images/products/3/85783-large.jpg
http://blog.newsweek.com/photos/levelup/images/original/Stranglehold-Playstation-3-Special-Edition.aspx
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/11/ps3_kanelynch_dead_men.jpg

^^^ I had fun with those 3........but without a doubt get COD4 and MS4.......

I've got ultimate alliance on the ps2, I thought it was ok but I don't see myself buying future instalments of that series.

I will look into the other two games.

skip DMC4...

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is cheap now and is better than the 2 even though its the 3rd time the game is being released, also try to get Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Yes Ninja Gaiden is going cheap so im very likely to pick it up, as for skipping on DMC...not a chance.

things to look for, Blazblue or w/e its called, Tekken 6, MK Vs DC, and SF4

Never heard of Blazblue, not feeling MK vs DC, will check for Tekken and Street Fighter is already high on my list.

Hollow Dartz
09-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Which games to get next.

I managed to pick up a used PS3 thats 60 gig with backwards compatability, I would have picked up the new 80 gig but these newer models lack the backwards compat and I just couldn't part with all my fave 2D fighting games.

Anyway I bought 3 games so far which were Metal Gear 4, COD 4 and Force Unleased. Within the next couple of weeks I plan to pick up a few more games but I can't decide which ones, so any thoughts would help.

On my radar are...

GTA 4
Soul Calibur IV
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Sega Rally

so which three games shall I get next? feel free to drop some other suggestions too.

Finally you came to the big leagues. LOL I would get Soul Caliber 4. It's pretty good. What's your ID? Oh yeah get that new Mortal Kombat when it drops

TAURO
09-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Finally you came to the big leagues. LOL I would get Soul Caliber 4. It's pretty good. What's your ID? Oh yeah get that new Mortal Kombat when it drops

Im not online yet, I need to get a router in my house so I can hook both my ps3 and my computer up. I've already been getting shit from one of my friends telling me to get online pronto and join his COD click lol. When im hooked up I will let you know.

I don't know about that MK vs DC game, it looks kinda wack to me.

Hollow Dartz
09-29-2008, 11:24 PM

Hollow Dartz
09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Im not online yet, I need to get a router in my house so I can hook both my ps3 and my computer up. I've already been getting shit from one of my friends telling me to get online pronto and join his COD click lol. When im hooked up I will let you know.

I don't know about that MK vs DC game, it looks kinda wack to me.
LOL it might be wack but i treat my Mortal Kombat like Wu-Tang Clan I buy everything!!!!!(Plus my friend works at best buy)

oDoUoSoKo
09-29-2008, 11:28 PM
yea id say focus on MGS4, and afterwards, get online...its really fun. GTA4 is fun to me for the same reason, online.

TAURO
09-29-2008, 11:32 PM
yea id say focus on MGS4, and afterwards, get online...its really fun. GTA4 is fun to me for the same reason, online.

Everyone keeps telling me that COD4 is where it's at online.

Hollow Dartz
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
YEah, it's true. The storyline itself is crazy. When you get online your gonna be hooked. The only reason I'm not online as much is because of college.

Paranoid
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
GTA IV is all that, very serious game like no other. Online is a nice feature. Game has amazing replay value and its a necessity for any stoner

Ninja Gaiden is the best of its genre and one of the greatest games ever made. But it is not for the weak and can be quite challenging

If you like fighting game Soul Calibur IV is a nice chose, i know they have Tekken for Ps3 as well

Devil may cry 4 is a good game but it doesn't hold up to its predecessors

11th Chamber
09-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Everyone keeps telling me that COD4 is where it's at online.

I cant speak for PS3 people, as I run with a 360, but yea COD4 online is perfection

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2008, 12:01 AM
also get Mortal Kombat 2...off the PSN, and face me online..eloels.

Hollow Dartz
09-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Dusk, you still aint play me in SC4 and i challenged u plenty of times....scared?

TAURO
09-30-2008, 12:09 AM
also get Mortal Kombat 2...off the PSN, and face me online..eloels.

Will do, also when street fighter HD comes out, it's on. im gonna show no mercy lol

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2008, 12:09 AM
really??? u messaged me on the ps3? if so holy shit my bad, i hardly go on any more..eloels, ill do it.

TAURO
09-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Has anyone played that Conan game?...it looks like a god of war rip off but it does look good.

The Hound
09-30-2008, 12:12 AM
COD4 is fucking banana's online ... i haven't played it in ages but the capture the flag in the dockyard is just armaggedon ... goes for like 20 minutes and there's place to hide and everyone is chucking grenade's and shit ...

if you into football fifa 09 comes out i think friday in europe ...

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Will do, also when street fighter HD comes out, it's on. im gonna show no mercy lol
word i was gonna mention that, but idk when that shit is comin out.

Paranoid
09-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Has anyone played that Conan game?...it looks like a god of war rip off but it does look good.

demo was all i played and kinda felt mediocre to me

not necessarily a bad game though

i can see someone finding it enjoyable, although i didn't really find it that fun enough to keep playing it or buy it

TAURO
09-30-2008, 12:17 AM
COD4 is fucking banana's online ... i haven't played it in ages but the capture the flag in the dockyard is just armaggedon ... goes for like 20 minutes and there's place to hide and everyone is chucking grenade's and shit ...

if you into football fifa 09 comes out i think friday in europe ...

Yeah I need to get some sports titles and this new fifa got my attention, it's been getting good reviews so I may pick it up, but im still deciding on whether to wait for the new pro evo.

Also im looking at the NHL 09, im not really into the sport but the games are fun to play.

word i was gonna mention that, but idk when that shit is comin out.

Early next year I think.

Paranoid
09-30-2008, 12:20 AM
virtua fighter 5 and dynasty warriors 6 are other good recommendations, both inexpensive

TAURO
09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't really like virtua fighter, I had it on the ps2 and I hardly ever played it. Dynasty warriors is a good series though.

RagnaroK
09-30-2008, 12:40 AM
i didn't know that 80gig didn't have backward compatibility that sucks
first of all if your into Metal Gear then MGS4 is the first thing you most get i don't need to tell you how great this game is
Heavenly Sword is a good game but once you finished once or twice your done with it but if the price is cheap go for it
Soul Calibur IV you need to get this if your into 3d fighting this is the best there is till Tekken 6 and character creation is the greatest thing ever in a game
COD4 i never played this game but also i never heard somebody criticizing it

plus on PS3 games you can use a USB controller but it does not work for PS2 PSX games thou still it helps big time if you wanna play with someone when you don't have an extra PS3 controller

i don't know if you like SNK games but since you do like 2d games check whats coming next year
is King Of Fighters XII
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntdr53WoGYc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntdr53WoGYc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
it will be hitting arcades on April 09 sooner or later it will hit consoles i seriously can;t wait for this the graphics surpasses Marvel VS Capcom 2 Guilty Gear and Street Fighter 3

TAURO
09-30-2008, 01:01 AM
I bought metal gear, i've been a fan since mgs.

Im definately gonna pick up heavenly sword because it is going very cheap here.

I think I will wait till the price of soul calibur goes down before I pick it up or maybe just get a used copy.

That new king of fighters looks great, I hope they release it here in the uk.

Hollow Dartz
09-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Damn, I'm mad as shit that I bought the 40 GB Ps3. I can't play my classics. I might as well trade them in now.

TAURO
09-30-2008, 01:10 AM
Damn, I'm mad as shit that I bought the 40 GB Ps3. I can't play my classics. I might as well trade them in now.

Yeah thats partly why I held off from buying a ps3 sooner, when I found out sony removed the backwards compat from their latest models I was pissed off. I've got a collection of great games on my ps2 that I still play alot, plus I still haven't finished Resi 4 so I want to go back to that, not to mention I still haven't played God of war 2 which I can't play on my ps2 because it's fucked and it won't play it for some reason.

Hollow Dartz
09-30-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I haven't played God of War 2 either, I had to watch all the cut scenes on youtube.

TAURO
09-30-2008, 01:17 AM
what the hell you do that for?

The Hound
09-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Yeah I need to get some sports titles and this new fifa got my attention, it's been getting good reviews so I may pick it up, but im still deciding on whether to wait for the new pro evo.

gRT21M9HYAM

^^ that dude went to the gaming convention in germany and played both titles ... gives an insight into what they're like ... the fifa 09 demo is out i haven't checked it but it's getting reviews of like 90% + ...

i'd probably go with PES if you just wanna have fun but if you're a serious football gamer i'd go for fifa ...

stashlova
09-30-2008, 08:20 AM
The best game for PS3 hands down in Warhawk. Can't believe nobody mentioned that. It has the greatest online community as well. Eventhough its online only it is the most addictive game I've played on the PS3

WARPATH
09-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Which games to get next.

On my radar are...

GTA 4
Soul Calibur IV
Devil May Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Sega Rally

My suggestions on your list our...

GTA4, and Ninja Gaiden.

If you've already played Ninja Gaiden on Xbox then pass on it. It's the same game. I recommend Ninja Gaiden over Devil May Cry4, but DMC4 is still decent.

Haven't played Soul Calibur, but it's one of those I would buy.

Assassins creed is a rental, it's repetitive. You might get bored with it before you finish it, but it's worth a rental because the graphics are crazy.

If you like first person shooters, I definately recommend TUROK or Unreal Tournament. Turok is a slower FPS like Halo, and the weapons are dope. Unreal Tournament is faster, fast paced action, with vehicles and hover boards, plus a feature where you can design your own maps on a PC and export them to the PS3 to play online, there are some other features and mutators you can download to from other people also.

Rame
09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
I would buy none of those games.

Wait till some new games you like get released.

You already have 3 games, don't buy them just to have more games.

BRONZBODY
09-30-2008, 05:52 PM
conan is decent...its like 20 bucks now....(pretty sure the price is the same over in europe my currency change skills arent that great) and cod 4 is still dope

pick up ninja gaiden sigama for sure as well

also uncharted

also get mk2 so i can murk you in it-lol

and ss2thd-remix whenever it comes out as well

BRONZBODY
09-30-2008, 05:55 PM
hollow...you havent played god of war 2????...son you need to jump on that son!!!

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2008, 05:59 PM
The best game for PS3 hands down in Warhawk. Can't believe nobody mentioned that. It has the greatest online community as well. Eventhough its online only it is the most addictive game I've played on the PS3
i dont think so.

BRONZBODY
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
i dont think so.i agree...it would be one of the best if it wasnt for all the cheating and fucking team killing

WARPATH
09-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Team killing is great fun!

HANZO
09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
ppl have stopped buying xbox's so they dnt get owned by me on COD4.

its tru, its tru.

TAURO
10-01-2008, 12:35 AM
After taking peoples advice here into consideration as well as watching some video reviews on youtube this is what i've decided.

GTA 4 im not going to pick up for a while if at all simply because I was never into these games that much to begin with and im currently going through metal gear 4 so I have no time for another long drawn out game.

Uncharted will be bought next week based off dope reviews and it's very cheap price.

I won't be buying Heavenly sword.

Soul Calibur will be picked up but only if I can find it for a good price.

Im currently on the fence about Ninja Gaiden and Sega Rally.

Storm
10-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Get Madden 09! Hah just playing, I know you live in the u.k.. Anyways, I need a ps3, I'm so outdated tech-wise lol.

stashlova
10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
If Warhawk wasn't any good I don't think there would be close to 800k messages:list: on the playstation forums. Next closest is GTA4 wit about 500K. I know its been out since ps3 dropped but if it was wack it would've died a long time ago - especially since its online only.

Also, if you step your game up you wouldn't have to worry about team killers, lol.

My personal opinion of course