PDA

View Full Version : The Writer meets The Director (stream and limited free download) PLEASE STICKY

White_Mouse
10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Well it's finally here, The Writer meets The Director which is a collaboration of myself (as emcee), and The Prime Sithesizah (As producer of all beats) under the name of Phatastic 2

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2534/lotusversion2mousetilesep8.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2237/lotusmousetraklisttileshl2.jpg

you can stream the entire album in mp3 form on soundclick:

Widget Player Link

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=858928&content=widgets

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Intro
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6937223

One Day at a Time
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=858928&content=songinfo&songID=6937197

Deli Discussions
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6936203

Green Roses
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6935933

Live and Direct
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6935902

States of Mind
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6935873

We all Dream
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6935750

Remember the Avenue
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6935712

Bouquets
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6935684

Believe It
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=858928&songID=6935645

you can also download the mp3's for a limited time here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/inasdw

Prime and i are planning to sell copies of the album on the internet so if you want fully mastered cds with wav quality songs, we'll have a website where you can buy solid copies of the album, or if your in the Omaha Lincoln Nebraska area you'll probably be able to pick it up at your local hip-hop shops, thanks for the support and be on the look out for more music from myself and Prime very soon...

G-raps
10-01-2008, 01:41 PM
yo man thanks for the feedback
i'll listened to most of your shit
feeling it man..real sick
like that believe it track
yea most of my track was a free
didnt know that deck said the tupperwear line
i'll keep working on my shit

12weLvE
10-01-2008, 02:06 PM
(Stickied)

Review coming soon... I like this cover better... i dont like the checkers.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/DeeInfamous001/lotusversion2.jpg

LORD ZERO
10-01-2008, 02:07 PM
*downloading Now*

Boss_Digger
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I have listened to most of this so far it kinda hit me as Skeelo meets Jazzamatazz lol. So far I think its ok! not my steeze really but I give it a few spins before I give you any real review. One thing I can say is its well put together and you both have a lot of talent and you can see the level of work gone into this!!!

* I put this on my mp3 player today and it's growing on be big time!!

SKAMPOE
10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Your Sound Is Very Refreshing God...it Reminds Me Of Early 90's Gang Starr. Good Shit My Dood...

JIGSAW45
10-01-2008, 06:38 PM
i luv this bro'...it's got a classic hip hop sound.it's breath of fresh air to me on the strength that i miss that sound that the culture is missing...maybe we can collabo on sumthin. peace god

12weLvE
10-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Def coming with a review later... Bumping Deli Discussions... Shit is so ill!! Mouse yo reipped this one.

BTW... I added a Widget player link on your original post. Its better than clicking all of those individual soundclick links.

D-Infinite
10-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Album is dope as hell.

Prime is a VERY underrated producer, no doubt, He is different to the usual stuff you get on here...but to me would fit right in to the A Tribe Called Quest production crew...or stuff for soulful underground groups. He captures emotion and concepts in lyrics...and Mouse The Mosaic is definitely an MC with lots of feeling and imagery, so these fit ideally together.

Very dope y'all, no doubt...MAD respect for my boys Mouse and Prime!

Dopest track = Deli Discussions, Remember The Avenue!

Kephren
10-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Real fresh bro' ! I wasn't expecting an old school vibe like this, i'm happy !
You got a good producer,and you're a great MC.

I listened to all the tracks, and in comparison with all the CD's out there nowadays, it's really hot !
Someone said it has that Gangstar's debut feeling, and i agree too !

My favorite track is Green Roses, this one is a killah, dope beat and flow.

My only drawback on the whole LP is the lack of "entertainment". I don't know how to explain it easily. I think there's some of the beat that are great by themself, but for MC'in they're not pushing the vibe enough, you know what i mean ?
All The drums are fuckin ill and all the tracks are really old school,but some of them the beat need to be arrange so that it's more entertaining.

But one again, the whole LP surprised me, you got talent and your producer too. Just for that Green Roses song, wowww.

Peace

Sinapse
10-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Downloaded this, gonna listen and leave a short review...

I agree the old cover is way better, the grid in the background is mad distracting and makes it hard to focus on the imagery, without it the images really jump out. I'd def use the original cover for the pressed copies.

12weLvE
10-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Downloaded this, gonna listen and leave a short review...

I agree the old cover is way better, the grid in the background is mad distracting and makes it hard to focus on the imagery, without it the images really jump out. I'd def use the original cover for the pressed copies.

Co-sign... I think the grid is corny.

H.Notik
10-02-2008, 01:12 PM
The old cover is definitely better.

I'm almost all the way through the album...pure hip hop straight up.

100pr00f
10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
flow is nice...bring lyrics aswell ..mic quilty could be better..if it was this would be even better

White_Mouse
10-04-2008, 01:28 AM
allright yea i do think that we will use the original cover for the album when we press it, bump

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
10-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Good Job Mouse....Great Beats Prime....Yall Mend Together Good....We Still Gotta Conect Mouse

RIINě
10-04-2008, 04:21 PM
i bumped that States of Mind trakk like 5 times in a row, shits FIIRE !!

GameOfDeath
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
From the start of the intro you can tell there is a different kind of vibe to this album. Not the same ol same ol. One Day sets the tone for the whole project. Very smooth, listenable sound and solid mix. "I turn tables like vinyl and prove you can't stick me." Prime's productions sound like a classic jazz record that you can rap over. The drums and melodies mesh so well you can't really tell they aren't from the same source. The lines you drop on Deli Discussions are heavy and a lot of people will miss them. No question these are some of the best rhymes you've written to date. On Green Roses I feel like the vocals need some doubling type of effect on em because they get a little engulfed by the beat but just barely. The flow has a contemplative vibe that you can tell a lot of thought went into it. "Simon Says we're losin when the mindless start drivin the bandwagon." Man you are dropping serious lyrics everywhere on this. "A murder machine that moves with no purpose it seems, I blown circuits between the underground and the surface when seen." Blowin me away with lines like this. Live and Direct I wasn't feelin thought this was one of the weaker beats and the rhymes were solid.

The Chorus on State of Mind has anthem type feel. Serious beat from Prime I actually like the changeup better than the main sequence but great track. "Tryin to find a balance with design and talent." "They say I'm a beast so lift the cages." Quotables all over the place eventhough you deliver it in a very smooth style. Prime switches the beat seamlessly. Remember the Avenue is probably the illest on the album classic sound and you ripped it also the tempo adds energy. This cut takes me on a journey. Boquets with a little narrative structure on it. One of the criticisms I'd have is that sometimes it sounds like you're going into a clear story then it breaks up but that may just be your style of writing so its cool. Classic break on Believe It. Mouse with a little battle flow on this I'm feelin it. Although I have mixed feelings on the Incarcerated Scarfaces break. "Give me the open mic I'm ready for action, I'm on stage, on point choosing machetes attackin." Ill lyrics.

A well known rapper dropped a line "My first album had no guest appearances...What's the outcome? I'm crowned the best lyricist." I can't yet say "Mouse is the greatest but he's damn good." Real artistry and skill on display right here. Props on the length of the project. Just long enough that it doesn't get tiring listening to it. You do a great job of just rockin the mic with a relaxed flow. No gimmicks really and you sound comfortable on each beat. Prime lays the beats down smooth. This album has style for days no major drawbacks to putting this in your system at all. Not to only say good things even though its 90% solid the weakpoints I would say are the vocals, they could be clearer on some and on 1 or 2 they were higher and some lower. The second thing I'd say would obviously be the style of the project its so smooth that people who like harder stuff may be turned off. But overall very minor issues. Smooth beats intelligent rhymes and a consistent sound. This is such a tight package it deserves to get pressed. I think that once you find your audience you'll be set. Looking forward to more from the Phantastic 2. Props.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
10-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Big up to ma boy Mouse..

12weLvE
10-05-2008, 01:35 PM
From the start of the intro you can tell there is a different kind of vibe to this album. Not the same ol same ol. One Day sets the tone for the whole project. Very smooth, listenable sound and solid mix. "I turn tables like vinyl and prove you can't stick me." Prime's productions sound like a classic jazz record that you can rap over. The drums and melodies mesh so well you can't really tell they aren't from the same source. The lines you drop on Deli Discussions are heavy and a lot of people will miss them. No question these are some of the best rhymes you've written to date. On Green Roses I feel like the vocals need some doubling type of effect on em because they get a little engulfed by the beat but just barely. The flow has a contemplative vibe that you can tell a lot of thought went into it. "Simon Says we're losin when the mindless start drivin the bandwagon." Man you are dropping serious lyrics everywhere on this. "A murder machine that moves with no purpose it seems, I blown circuits between the underground and the surface when seen." Blowin me away with lines like this. Live and Direct I wasn't feelin thought this was one of the weaker beats and the rhymes were solid.

The Chorus on State of Mind has anthem type feel. Serious beat from Prime I actually like the changeup better than the main sequence but great track. "Tryin to find a balance with design and talent." "They say I'm a beast so lift the cages." Quotables all over the place eventhough you deliver it in a very smooth style. Prime switches the beat seamlessly. Remember the Avenue is probably the illest on the album classic sound and you ripped it also the tempo adds energy. This cut takes me on a journey. Boquets with a little narrative structure on it. One of the criticisms I'd have is that sometimes it sounds like you're going into a clear story then it breaks up but that may just be your style of writing so its cool. Classic break on Believe It. Mouse with a little battle flow on this I'm feelin it. Although I have mixed feelings on the Incarcerated Scarfaces break. "Give me the open mic I'm ready for action, I'm on stage, on point choosing machetes attackin." Ill lyrics.

A well known rapper dropped a line "My first album had no guest appearances...What's the outcome? I'm crowned the best lyricist." I can't yet say "Mouse is the greatest but he's damn good." Real artistry and skill on display right here. Props on the length of the project. Just long enough that it doesn't get tiring listening to it. You do a great job of just rockin the mic with a relaxed flow. No gimmicks really and you sound comfortable on each beat. Prime lays the beats down smooth. This album has style for days no major drawbacks to putting this in your system at all. Not to only say good things even though its 90% solid the weakpoints I would say are the vocals, they could be clearer on some and on 1 or 2 they were higher and some lower. The second thing I'd say would obviously be the style of the project its so smooth that people who like harder stuff may be turned off. But overall very minor issues. Smooth beats intelligent rhymes and a consistent sound. This is such a tight package it deserves to get pressed. I think that once you find your audience you'll be set. Looking forward to more from the Phantastic 2. Props.

Sick review Game!!! You pretty much picked out all the best quotables... Mouse was on fire on the mic!!! I am really really impressed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1) One Day at a Time: I think this was the first single...smooth all the way though. Mouse killed this one.

Beat: 4.5/5 -- Lyrics: 5/5

2) Deli Descusions: One of the best joints on the album. Love the Jazzy feel... Mouse killed that hook. That my favorite part.

Beat: 4/5 -- Lyrics 5/5

3) Green Roses: Not feeling this beat to much, but throughout this brief track by track review I will stress how impressed at Mouses lyrics I am... He saved this one for me. "Writting the iron horse, I paid the cost, emcees crossing the track and get hit by my train of thought." DOPENESS!!!

Beat: 3/5 -- Lyrics 5/5

4) Live and Direct: This is my 3rd favorite track on the album... The hook is ill, rhymes are tight... "so bring the ruckus, I take a mic and I use it.... The way you set that off on the second verse was dope. The beat to me was ill, love the trumpet that comes in from time to time... especially the break.

Beat: 4.5/5 -- Lyrics 4.5/5

States of Mind: WOW this beat sounds like a back in the day RZA beat so much at the beginning that I though you jocked one of his beats lol...But then you switched it up and gave it your jazz touch. I am feelin this joint a lot too. The hook is nice... NY State of Mind is a classic track. "15 minutes of fame, at 11 45...you wont make the party cinderella/ he coaches the pumkin head and I am smashing a .... bitch , now they asking me if the shoe fits...and identity crisis..." Crazy !!! 2nd

Beat: 5/5 -- 5/5

We all Dream: This one is ehhhh. I dont hate it though... just doesnt make me want to go back and listen... I think the guittar riff on the beat is a little off.

Beat: 3/5 -- Lyrics: 4/5

REMEMBER THE AVENUE: WOW!!!! Def one of the all time gems ever dropped on Wu-corp since I ve been here. The scratching at the beggining sets it off, then that ill sample drops... "Right now I am still puzzled, so they call me a misfit" haha. I love the hook too. Everything about this is so fresh. You got some ill shit for somebody so young.

Beat: 5/5 -- Lyrics: 5/5

Boquets: This one is another one of those so so's... I dont like the beat, but I like the concept of the track a lot... Mouse saved this joint again with the lyrism...

Beat: 3.5/5 -- Lyrics: 4.5/5

Believe It: Nice ending track... Solid shit through out.... I liek the ending... "Its crazy... Ridiculous...Whatever..." he he.

Beat: 4/5 -- Lyrics: 4/5

Overall:

Beats: 4.1/5

Lyrics: 4.6/5

Great job fellahz!!! Thanks for listens in the last couple of day... Looking foward to more dopeness.

Peace

White_Mouse
10-05-2008, 02:49 PM
thanks for the review man the line really in depth and i appreciate that, btw on States of Mind is really
"15 minutes of fame at eleven forty five, you won't make the afterparty Cinderella/ your coach is a pumpkin head i'm SMASHING HIM, who's bitch?, now they asking me if the shoe fits lol

12weLvE
10-05-2008, 03:23 PM
thanks for the review man the line really in depth and i appreciate that, btw on States of Mind is really
"15 minutes of fame at eleven forty five, you won't make the afterparty Cinderella/ your coach is a pumpkin head i'm SMASHING HIM, who's bitch?, now they asking me if the shoe fits lol

I screwed it up a bit lol. That was hot though.

moose36
10-06-2008, 02:00 PM
pretty nice overall
________
Yamaha RZ350 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_RZ350)

The Prime Sithesizah
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
WOW @ the feedback.. lol

Appreciate the love and support, definitely!!

Next project is in the works...

Socrates
10-06-2008, 09:18 PM
I did a quick listen of all of ur tracks and I'm really feelin ur music. Keep it up.

360beatz
10-07-2008, 02:39 AM
It has that abstract vibe, good to hear something different the drum breaks gives it that old school feel good job Prime/Mouse I wasn't expecting to hear something like this on this forum .... Mouse ill lyrics your style reminds me of Blu..

Sinapse
10-08-2008, 08:43 AM
This was ill up and down to me, GOD and Chek already came with the detailed reviews and I more or less agree with them about the few minor weaknesses. Mouse def got a wide open future, hard to categorize him as an MC and thats always good, plus Prime is really out there on his own shit...G.O.D. said it perfect "sounds like classic jazz records you can rhyme over"...Mouse's wordplay is def on some next shit, really clever concepts. Best of luck going forward guys, I know ya'll got a lot in store for Hip Hop. PEACE

My personal fav is Remember the Avenue...

Boss_Digger
10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Right then! this took me a bit of getting used to beat wise cos is very different but after a few listens I found it very very good!! The whole album is dope and I would be happy to pay for it if I'm honest. My only one complaint is a minor one and that is mic presence, its not bad but I do feel you get lost in the mix sometimes which is a shame when your lyrics are far beyond your years, the two tracks where this wasnt such an issue was "remeber the avenue" and "Believe it" which were the two stand out tracks because of this!! I think the tempo and audio range of those two tracks suited you 100% and IMO were the best of a great bunch!!

Best of luck to the both of you with this its an amazing piece of work 9/10

Regards

7th lol!!

The Prime Sithesizah
10-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Appreciate the feedback and support..

Sinapse
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Dope shit, Remember The Ave is that jam...

The Prime Sithesizah
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Uppin..

Sinapse
10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Edit

Sinapse
10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
But back to topic..I should have PMed that to you, lets not get this thread going away from what it should be focused on, which is this excellent album...Peace.

The Prime Sithesizah
10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Word word... uppin...

Complex
10-09-2008, 11:19 AM
bout to peep this...

$inista
10-10-2008, 04:17 AM
dope nice beat & ryhmes, ill flow real hip hop I will support & cop the album I'm a give full indepth listen & hit you bak wit a review

Complex
10-10-2008, 01:30 PM
finally got to peep this... definately fresh soundin, Mouse you are a dope lyricist, I think your best attribute is flow/delivery... Some thoughtful lyrics and I digs that... Prime brought some ole school shit, on some Quest type ish... Combo seems to work well...

States of Mind.... That joint is live... definately my favorite...Rember the Ave and Deli Discussions pretty dope too...

Big up

PsYkOsUs
10-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Nice work fellas... I fed this on CC, and will give more when I get the chance to listen to more... Both came correct, both have futures..

PEACE

PSY

The Prime Sithesizah
10-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Appreciate the love and support, you all.... THANKS.. ALOT!!! lol...

Bump = Uppin...

The Ghost
10-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Downloading it now to peep it out

White_Mouse
10-17-2008, 11:58 AM
I've been away for a few days so i haven't been able to give any feed on the site, but if anyone needs anymore feedback feel free to drop your link(s) here with your review and i'll be glad to return the favor as soon as possible
bump

The Prime Sithesizah
10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Bump Bump...

-- working on a remix for the States of Mind track..

$inista
10-29-2008, 05:27 AM
peace peace I have been meaning give yal and in depth break down of album but i have just been way to busy lately however this is a true hiphop album prime did his thing with the beets i love the beets also mouse has an ill flow & its real listeners album i want to say somewhere like 3.8 out of 5... yal make a good team & compliment each other well
fuckin good shit mouse peace

The Prime Sithesizah
10-30-2008, 07:46 AM
peace peace I have been meaning give yal and in depth break down of album but i have just been way to busy lately however this is a true hiphop album prime did his thing with the beets i love the beets also mouse has an ill flow & its real listeners album i want to say somewhere like 3.8 out of 5... yal make a good team & compliment each other well
fuckin good shit mouse peace

Really really appreciate that.. and also, we're working on the follow-up so stay updated!!
Thanks to everyone that supported this tape, in all honesty..

UPPIN!!

The Prime Sithesizah
11-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Bidumpp.....

White_Mouse
11-23-2008, 07:00 PM
ha man replies slowed down since this joint moved to the dl section

The Prime Sithesizah
12-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeahh ..lol.. so far, from every site.. the feedback and love has been MARVELOUS... the next album [Monologues & Scripts] is coming soon!

Uppin for any left-out feedback!!

Shitao
12-10-2008, 04:24 AM
Not a review but... Like everybody has said, dope work. Cool living beats and dope dope progress on the mic. Great job and cool mixing.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-10-2008, 10:17 AM
loving the hell out of this,how did i miss it

The Prime Sithesizah
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Lol.. We thank everyone that downloaded this album and/or went and brought it from a store! Thanks for the reviews, the comments and everything!! Much appreciated! We'll return with the next album [Monologues & Scripts] in due time... PiDeaCe!

White_Mouse
02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
yea bumping this quick, be on the lookout for "Progress" produced by 7thGrandMantis, a track i'm hoping will be on the next wucorp mixtape, re-upping

12weLvE
02-16-2009, 09:06 AM
No doubt Mouse cant wait... Please dont post the track here on the corp. 7th will post it on our private forum which you and a few others will be invited to soon.

White_Mouse
02-16-2009, 12:07 PM
allright man thanks for letting me know will do