PDA

View Full Version : Wu Latino popularity... how will it affect the wu?

windwalker
08-30-2005, 09:57 PM
With wu latino producing reggaeton album with possibility of RZA lacing some beats for them... it could be pretty hot and best selling reggaeton album... and with few videos and hot selling singles they could get really poplular in reggaeton latino music world... may even end up a popular club beat... I see it a big possibility...

they are carrying wutang name..,,, and rza... would it refresh minds of people about the wu??? If wu latino becomes famous with reggaeton dont u think it might affect the direction wu is heading in?

gi0vanni
08-30-2005, 10:40 PM
i don't want rza wasting his time making those repetive reggaeton beats. no disrespect to those who like it, but i think it's droning and monotonous.

THE W
08-31-2005, 12:03 AM
it wont do shit for wu cuz it has nothing to do with hiphop. it'll make Rza some cash thats it.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
08-31-2005, 12:09 AM
It will not help the Wu @ all, but RZA. just like digital36 said ! Wu-Tang gained popularity while doing hip hop there4 a reggae album will do nothing for them.

staycreepin_n_silence
08-31-2005, 12:09 AM
i dont know never even heard reggaeton anyways. But I'm about as open minded about them as I am about the wu fam. And I dont have nothing against them latinos, but I aint bumpin the wu fam.

Unforgiven
08-31-2005, 12:57 AM
in my eyes, its just another venture for rza to make money...but im kinda unhappy that they carry the Wu name cause I don't want people thinking Wu is gay like that....

Create
08-31-2005, 01:18 AM
Just Stop Beeing A Racist And Thats It

Razorsharp
08-31-2005, 01:18 AM
it wont do shit for wu cuz it has nothing to do with hiphop. it'll make Rza some cash thats it.
indeed man... would be nice to see rza on tv more, but not like that....

My First Timbs
08-31-2005, 01:39 AM
are there any released songs and artists yet?

windwalker
08-31-2005, 01:43 AM
but dont you think... there are big reggaton and latino rap fans who also liked popular wu songs like cream, protect ya neck, gravelpit and truimph etc... and think wu is dead.. and then a popular wu-tang reggaeton track with wutang all over is on the radio and club and other media sources... will get them confused and think that wu is back and they changed their style...

i mean i really hope if that happens rza wil not go "just after the money".. and keep doing hiphop and reagageton only on the side....

but if you look back in time... when wu became really famous they kinda switched their direction... for example: take 36 chambers was grimey street cd... so was Tical... so was odb's first cd.. etc... then when wu made forever all hell broke loose they became famous and popular .. Ghostface had few pounds of jewelry on him.. they made more commercial songs, method mans cds became commercial, etc.... they changed their direction...

will HISTORY repeat itself? probably not.. just a thought...

so to summarize... say wu hits the target scores well with reggaeton music and they are famous again... and MTV and BET are willing to suck their dicks... ONCE AGAIN... what do you think will happen to their music? I think we will just have to wait and see...

Vaffanculo
08-31-2005, 01:57 AM
http://www.miralo.com/reggaeton.ram
http://www.batanga.com/WMStream.asx?owner=Batanga&StationID=2&Speed=1&cid=BAT-MAG-CHN-04-01-2005

Create
08-31-2005, 02:18 AM
but dont you think... there are big reggaton and latino rap fans who also liked popular wu songs like cream, protect ya neck, gravelpit and truimph etc... and think wu is dead.. and then a popular wu-tang reggaeton track with wutang all over is on the radio and club and other media sources... will get them confused and think that wu is back and they changed their style...

i mean i really hope if that happens rza wil not go "just after the money".. and keep doing hiphop and reagageton only on the side....

but if you look back in time... when wu became really famous they kinda switched their direction... for example: take 36 chambers was grimey street cd... so was Tical... so was odb's first cd.. etc... then when wu made forever all hell broke loose they became famous and popular .. Ghostface had few pounds of jewelry on him.. they made more commercial songs, method mans cds became commercial, etc.... they changed their direction...

will HISTORY repeat itself? probably not.. just a thought...

so to summarize... say wu hits the target scores well with reggaeton music and they are famous again... and MTV and BET are willing to suck their dicks... ONCE AGAIN... what do you think will happen to their music? I think we will just have to wait and see... HMMMM
........ WHAT A RACIST

chiba
08-31-2005, 02:24 AM
yo vaffanculo
what the heck is that?
those aint wu tang affiliated
thats daddy yankee feat kevin lyttle - tempted to touch remix

reggaeton hasnt evolved yet, too many of the songs sound the same
if what ppl say is true about rza producing reggaeton hopefully he will bring it to a new level
keep in mind rza had a song out called la rhumba and it was dope coz he had a latin flavour
mixed with his "wu tang rza style"

peace

Vaffanculo
08-31-2005, 02:26 AM
Reggaeton..

chiba
08-31-2005, 02:30 AM
ok kool
i thought u posted the wu reggaeton

peace

Mark
08-31-2005, 04:13 AM
The RZA has teamed up with Ray Acosta, former VP of Musica Latina and Marketing at UBO, to launch a new label, Wu-Tang Latino.

"Wu-Tang Latino is the perfect fusion between Hip-Hop and Reggaetone," Acosta, President of Wu-Tang Latino, told AllHipHop.com. "I felt it was necessary because we [as Latinos] love Hip-Hop but in the love for Hip-Hop, we were losing our culture. So I feel that this joint venture with RZA is the perfect solution because it's Hip-Hop and Reggaetone, but it's not too overwhelming from either side to where you don't know what you're listening to."

The label has already signed four artists who all plan on dropping albums next year.

I am happy with the venture" artist/producer Rameses said. I have been a fan of Hip-Hop since forever, so to team up with members of the Wu-Tang Clan and to be on a label that has the same vision for my music as I do, is incredible."

In addition to Rameses, artists Ruster, NP Killah, Shown Black and Gil will be some of the artists featured on the upcoming Wu-Tang Latino mixtape (http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4483#) due out in August.

"We just want to bring everyone together." Acosta continued. We want to create our own type of music on the East Coast, because we have Reggaetone, but the West coast has Regional Hip-Hop for Mexicans. Eventually I would like it all to be classified as Latino Hip-Hop to embrace us all."

Look out for the debut single from Rameses featuring Mef to be out as soon as next week.

Mark
08-31-2005, 04:13 AM
http://www.lamusica.com/wulatino_group.jpg

http://www.lamusica.com/wu-tang300.jpg

THE W
08-31-2005, 09:45 AM

they went from making grimey hiphop to making contempary...hiphop, thats the difference. they changed their sound, not their genre.

la rhumba was hiphop with a latin twist, and it was far from a hit. raggaeton fans arent gonna go buy wu albums in droves even if they love the wu-latino shit so again the only thing thats gonna benefit from this venture is Rza's pockets....if its successful at all.

also, whats the deal with harlem 6? anyone know?

WuBanga36
08-31-2005, 10:04 AM
It will help Wu more if it were projects in Hip Hop.

TUCO
08-31-2005, 10:05 AM
im excited bout Wu-Latino being a latino and a reggeaton fan....i believe is RZA plays the cards right...it can blow up and compete against the heavy hitters....and get wu's name out there again with the latino audience...cause we know they got the black and white audience on lock...hes doin this cause up in NY, all latinos are drunk off reggeaton, lol...so hes tryin to win em back.....dont bash him......he may have a bad history with business moves but this one has more of a chance of workin out....especially if he's producing shit

peace

7ess
08-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to make some money, Wu isn't dropping albums like they used to & I love Wu & I'm Latina so believe I'm hype & believe I'm not alone. I think spanish rap is all getting classified as Reggaeton & there's lots more flavas then just that...P.E.A.C.E.

WHITE_MANTIS_AI
08-31-2005, 11:20 AM
wot bout dom pachino have u forgot bout him his latino and he actually makes hip hop

Create
08-31-2005, 12:07 PM
yea so..... ^^

windwalker
08-31-2005, 12:26 PM
also, whats the deal with harlem 6? anyone know?
i dunno the whole deal, but besides their "mixtape" album...

the main guy in the group... has his own album too...

Golden_Armz
08-31-2005, 12:38 PM
I dunno man, i heard one new song on the site and its just that same beat shit....usually the mc's voice is horrible and the beat is whack, WU LATINO YES but WU REGGAETON......NO!

Myzteree
08-31-2005, 01:26 PM
i look foward 4 dis shit

chiba
08-31-2005, 01:55 PM
i think rza should help produce latin rappers
like how he did in europe
he produced some songs for german,french, and english groups
and they came out dope

like i said before reggaeton hasnt evolved yet coz its still new
the first successful latin reggae artist was "el general" and that was just plain reggae
(like buju banton, bennie man style) with spanish lyrics it sounded nothing like the reggeton now.
the reggaeton now according to most people have the same beat( or sounds the same),
i heard other reaggeton beats and they arn't that great.
so most ppl stick with the same formula ,they take the beat of a song thats
doing really well and they try to remix it to make it listenable.

maybe RZA could bring it to another level
it could either make him or break him

peace

iron_slang
08-31-2005, 02:36 PM
A Ragga album with wu influence will do VERY WELL for Wu versatility & for the wu/bass culture cat like me that love all that reggay hip hop shit. i cant wait, it better get distribution all over the world coz 'only rasta know the voice of Jah, Rastafari'. Its the Righteous Way of Jah World so Dont Test Wu Stallion - Rastafari

iron_slang
08-31-2005, 02:50 PM
A Ragga album with wu influence will do VERY WELL for Wu versatility & for the wu/bass culture cat like me that love all that reggay hip hop shit. i cant wait, it better get distribution all over the world coz 'only rasta know the voice of Jah, Rastafari'. Its the Righteous Way of Jah World so Dont Test Wu Stallion - Rastafari
before i just start getting too passionate; what exactly is reggaeton?

Wu-Tality
08-31-2005, 04:26 PM
I dont like raggaeton

TUCO
08-31-2005, 04:28 PM
i think rza should help produce latin rappers
like how he did in europe
he produced some songs for german,french, and english groups
and they came out dope

like i said before reggaeton hasnt evolved yet coz its still new
the first successful latin reggae artist was "el general" and that was just plain reggae
(like buju banton, bennie man style) with spanish lyrics it sounded nothing like the reggeton now.
the reggaeton now according to most people have the same beat( or sounds the same),
i heard other reaggeton beats and they arn't that great.
so most ppl stick with the same formula ,they take the beat of a song thats
doing really well and they try to remix it to make it listenable.

maybe RZA could bring it to another level
it could either make him or break him

peace
exactly

peace

naranjito1992
12-15-2007, 04:59 PM
look wu latino isnt only reggaeton u got latin hip-hop and bachata 2 okay so shut ur racist mouths before u say ignorant shit do ur homework i dont care if u dont like reggaeton rza dont care if u dont like reggaeton. u dont have 2 like every thin the wu does but reggaeton and bachata are running the latin music scene so if rza wants 2 invest in that HE CAN!

WuLatino- MANGANI
02-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't know what you are all worried about. Rza, first of all, is not "running" the label very hands on. It's in the hands of Latinos, and he has final approval. However I don't see how there is even a question about how this will affect the Wu's popularity or direction. I mean, Rza has done soundtracks for movies and I don't hear any of their music changing to sound like his music in the soundtracks... right? I think this argument is pretty null and void.

On another note, check this out! www.myspace.com/mangani