PDA

View Full Version : One of the year's most anticipated video games delayed cause of religious groups?

check two
10-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Some people must have too much time on their hands...

---LittleBigPlanet, one of this year's most-anticipated PlayStation 3 releases, won't be arriving in stores next week as expected.

The "social platforming" game is already gathering rave reviews, but it hasn't proven popular with one Muslim group, which issued a complaint to the game's publisher Sony concerning one background music track. Performed by award-winning Malian musician Toumani Diabate, the song quotes two verses from the Qur'an. Many Muslims consider the mixing of music and scripture to be deeply offensive.

Although the game is already pressed, packaged, and reportedly sitting in the back rooms of many worldwide retailers awaiting its original Oct. 21 debut, gamers eager to get hold of it will have to wait at least another week while the offending content is expunged. Updated versions of the game are expected to be shipped to stores during the week of October 27.

LITTLEBIGPICTURES
"Sorry for the delay, and rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get LittleBigPlanet to you as soon as possible," commented Patrick Seybold, Sony's US director of Corporate Communications, in a statement on the company's PlayStation blog.

-videogames.yahoo.com

Kingkazim
10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
what were the quaranic verses?

Rame
10-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Fuckheads.

shaolinsword
10-20-2008, 12:53 PM
what were the quaranic verses?

http://kotaku.com/

It's about half way down the page

I personally think it's stupid, I could kinda see their point if the artist wasn't Muslim though

check two
10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
I listened to a little of it. It sounds like it could be a club type song:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQMO9YVVfHQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oQMO9YVVfHQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BRONZBODY
10-20-2008, 08:20 PM
and christians wonder why they rep is gettin worse

nothing against them but its not muslims or atheists adding fuel to the fire...they are doing it themselves.

sad man...its just a freaking game.but the samething happened with resistance 1

J-DON
10-20-2008, 10:00 PM
^^^ Learn 2 Read

check two
10-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Some things from you tube don't seem to embed right for some reason?

oLd_KaiNry
10-20-2008, 10:39 PM
i wasnt waiting for that game but still, FUCK ALL RELIGION EXTREMISTS !

BRONZBODY
10-20-2008, 10:56 PM
^^^ Learn 2 Read

u right son i should have read before i typed that's my bad.9 times outta 10 its holy rollin christians that protest unecessary shit like this. and i get tired of hearing about it

DRUNKENDRAGON
10-30-2008, 12:11 PM
This game is the motherfucking shit!!!!!!!!!

Socrates
10-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Another reason why religion is fucking gay.

Tecknowledgist
11-01-2008, 06:44 PM
background music. this is ridiculous

Mr. X
11-01-2008, 07:34 PM
It's not even "technically" removed. A patch for the game just blocks the lyrics so its an instrumental. If you want to hear it, don't download patch 1.02.

And it wasn't the lyrics that was upsetting, but from what I've gathered, qu'ran verses over music is offensive or something.

Also, Fallout 3 banned in India for the 2 headed cows being called "brahman".