PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 2

WARPATH
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Who's playing it?

Let's get some co-op going. I'm on the PS3.

shaolinsword
10-25-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm in two minds whether to buy it or not because of the first one (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQrjUB1Jx0)

What's it like?

b·baby36
10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I love this game, I enjoyed it way more than GTAIV. It's fun as fuck to explore and do shit. I like the mini games, like the zombies, and the thing with the atv where you gotta hit the checkpoints.

The little things about this game is what I like, from bein able to buy 40's and blunts and get drunk to being able to kill people with a katana while on a motorcycle lol. The cruise control feature is cool too and convienient. Oh yea I like how onlookers take pics with their camera when you kill someone, lol.

WARPATH
10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm in two minds whether to buy it or not because of the first one (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQrjUB1Jx0)

What's it like?

To me it's like GTA San Andres, with better character customization. The graphics aren't as ill as they are in GTA IV, but the action is crazy and fun. It illiminates some of the fustration in GTA by just being easier to play, with the checkpoints and everything, plus ways to get unlimited ammo (not as a cheat) makes it fun. Alot of the best things they eliminated from GTA San Andreas to GTA IV (to make GTA seem more "real")can be fround in this game. It's just over the top ridiculous shit that makes it fun.

To me, using a character that resembles me and my style, is a lot funner then playing dress up with some eastern european. I think it helps bring you deeper into the game. GTA is still better than this game, but not by much.

I've never played the first saints row, so I don't know how the bugs are compared to this game. I've ran into a few, but nothing to major to ruin my day.

HANZO
10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
my problem with the first saints game was the mini games were far too repetitive and the story mode was fuckin shit.

Fil
10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
me personally. i can't stop playing this shit

shaolinsword
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM
I guess I'll buy this when I can. It sounds good, I miss the katana from gta

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I played it and was left unsatisfied.

The last game like that ...that was fun for me was Vice City

Sean
10-28-2008, 08:03 PM
I fuckin love this game, I been playing through the story in co op with a friend and it's fuckin sick. Like Slippy said, it's just the over the top ridiculousness that makes this game so fun. Running around with a gladiator helmet on, shooting people with tazers and flamethrowers is too fun.

There are quite a few glitches and it makes my xbox freeze a lot, but I've only really played for long periods of time in co op, so I don't know if there are the same issues in single player.

J-Cee
10-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Is a good game..but if uve played Saints Row 1 there really isnt much difference to it..sort of makes me feel like i'm Playing Saints row 1 again..still it's a good game..

Rame
10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Like GTA4 but weaker.

Ritter
10-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Check out this review of Saints Row 2:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/312-Saints-Row-2

MsRzaRecTaH
11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I play it for 360

DarkeyeZ Da Riddla
11-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I love this game, I enjoyed it way more than GTAIV. It's fun as fuck to explore and do shit. I like the mini games, like the zombies, and the thing with the atv where you gotta hit the checkpoints.

The little things about this game is what I like, from bein able to buy 40's and blunts and get drunk to being able to kill people with a katana while on a motorcycle lol. The cruise control feature is cool too and convienient. Oh yea I like how onlookers take pics with their camera when you kill someone, lol.

Thank You. I thought I was crazy for liking this game so much. I got GTA4 on launch day, and still haven't finished it. I get to bored. as for Saint's Row 2, I can't get enough of it. I bought Fable 2 and barley played it yet, and I have Fallout 3 still n the packaging. the only game that took away from my Saint's row 2 time is Gears of War 2. but I only play Gears 2 co-op story, so it's taking me a bit to finish it. I'll be done Saint's Row 2 tonight afterwork. can't wait

Big Risk
11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I played it for ps3. thought it was the gayest attempt to be gta yet. The games graphics look like San Andreas, its too goofy and the boss' are some faggots. like that white rasta guy.

gay game from what Ive scene/played, but I can imagine it has some fun aspects.

Rame
05-17-2009, 06:56 AM
I think I'll cop this game the day after tomorrow. I'll borrow it first though as I don't want to buy a game that lets me down.

I didn't like it the first time I played it but I think that was because it isn't GTA IV which is the best game on PS3 yet.

p-rok73
05-17-2009, 10:56 AM
I wanted to play the first one but I don't have a 360, the version for PS3 got scrapped. So maybe I'll get the second one for the PS3.

Rame
05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Does it have a good storyline?

shaolinsword
05-20-2009, 04:11 PM
I wanted to play the first one but I don't have a 360, the version for PS3 got scrapped. So maybe I'll get the second one for the PS3.

The first one was buggy as hell so you're not missing much, there's only a few things you won't understand

Does it have a good storyline?

The story is ok, just the normal "kill everyone and take over the city" type shit

Rame
05-21-2009, 06:38 AM
I'm not going to buy this game after all.

It's very ugly and the missions are lame. (Killing naked people by hitting them with your car, WTF!).

Maybe I'll buy it if I find it somewere for 10 bucks but otherwise it's a waste of money.

shaolinsword
05-21-2009, 07:36 AM
It's a good game once you get in to it. It's not realistic like GTA but it's a hell of a lot more fun

Blood Btz
05-21-2009, 08:10 AM
I must buy this game or download it.

Rame
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I bought it today but I'm going to return it tomorrow.

Damn weak compared to most PS3 games out.

abanks47
10-28-2009, 08:41 PM
saints row 2 was sick. maybe its just the ps3 version but i played through that shit til the end. why aint you like it?

Rame
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I forgot how much I disliked it. I even posted about it.

The missions are lame and the gameplay sucks. I can't go from GTA IV to this.

shaolinsword
10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
sr2 is what a game should be, fun. Not watching tv or being stuck in rush hour traffic or paying for toll booths or getting rung up every in game day to go bowling

Rame
10-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't watch tv in GTA IV.
I don't get stuck in rush hour traffic in GTA IV.
I don't pay at the toll booth in GTA IV.
I don't go bowling in GTA IV. Pressing the O button once is enough.

I can do all those things though and I like how the game gives you those options.

I have far more fun playing GTA because the gameplay, storyline and missions are a lot better.