PDA

View Full Version : The most continually disappointing MC in the game....

DJMethods
10-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Everytime a cop one his new albums, for some reason I'm really amped to hear him. I look forward to these crazy ass rhyme schemes with some wicked shit sprinkled throughout as well as things that you can discover later and think about. I'm excited cause it can be background music, car music, drinking music or thinking music - It's so vast and I just won't have to turn the CD off.

He regularly has exceptional production from one of the best in the game, and his first few efforts were incredibly good on the mic. He didn't change topic as such but his rhyme scheme changed and he had a great vocabulary.

Yet everytime I get the album, I end up disappointed from the;

"everytime i see christ i stab a nun
blood squirting out watch faggots run"

rhyme scheme. It never changes, it's always the same, always the same topic, and he screams "DADDY, COUSIN" throughout. He even had surgery to change his fucking voice. You know who now.

Vinnie fucking Paz. A living disappointment to his family.

Runners up: Nas, Raekwon

SilvaFistz
10-22-2008, 08:47 PM
He even had surgery to change his fucking voice.

WTF??!
for real???:nonono:

DJMethods
10-22-2008, 08:49 PM
WTF??!
for real???:nonono:

Yeah, got a plate put in or some shit

DUMBO
10-22-2008, 09:20 PM
he should have put a spoon in it instead.

The Ghost
10-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Surgery? Wierd

Wu-Tang Gambino
10-23-2008, 01:25 AM
LOL, what proof do you have about this "surgery"

DJMethods
10-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Not the best proof, but;

"Paz originally started rapping with fellow Jedi Mind Tricks member Stoupe in his basement. Paz is known for his raw and gritty lyrical delivery. This is partly due to the metal plates inserted inside his mouth, visible in several videos, such as Heavy Metal Kings feat. Ill Bill"

Off wikipedia.

Read an article on it years ago too. Dunno how you guys don't know this, have you listened to him?

11th Chamber
10-23-2008, 02:12 AM
I never understood where his homophobic shit started comin from for no reason

Ritter
10-23-2008, 03:57 AM
Vinnie Paz is good, but if you heard one verse, you heard em all.

He's linear.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-23-2008, 04:06 AM
Don't count Nas in this category.

Most disappointing for me is Royce da 5'9''

Supreme-NRT
10-23-2008, 04:31 AM
I think he inserted thoe plates because of an accident. He ripped mics while he was still Icon the Hologram, he started fallin' off after Violent by Design.

DJMethods
10-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Don't count Nas in this category.

Most disappointing for me is Royce da 5'9''

Nah Nas is pretty disappointing a lot of the time. For someone so skilled, he's put out some seriously wack albums. More wack albums then good albums.

BIG D O
10-23-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't bump enough Vinnie Paz to be that upset with him, lol.....he was OD'ing on the "daddy's" a cuple years ago tho...lol

Durag
10-23-2008, 05:10 AM
Vinnie paz is wack as fuck

Canibus is the mother of all dissapointments

Nas has been pretty dissapointing

Ritter
10-23-2008, 05:42 AM
I think Saigon falls here. He was ill on a couple of songs, was very promising, even Rakim gave him a shout out for holding it down, then he made a lot of wack mixtapes. Now he has an album that's coming out, but not coming out at the same time.

Esquire
10-23-2008, 05:43 AM
So why do you continue to buy his albums if you know the end result will be a disappointment, and how can you be initially excited if you know your probably going to be disappointed. I don't get your post.

Vinnie Paz is a good emcee, a little repetitive on the subject matter/flow but he has his own vibe going on and some of his material is top notch.

Shogah
10-23-2008, 01:39 PM
LOL, what proof do you have about this "surgery"

If you listen JMT first album- The Psycho Social bulshit and other albums, you'l see that his voice is drastically different.
And yes he tends to diss pope, christ and catholists(which is so faggotly, annoying and for many people very offensive) but Servants In Heave Kings In Hell, is on some other shit. His rapping is at the peak in that album without so much bullshiting and trying to drop some knowledge. Anyway Stoupe is the real reason why i listen to jedi mind.

Robert
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Paz Daddy is hilarious.

"You like the smell of males on your matress"

"You like to chill and hold hands with faggots"

"I hold a hammer like a carpenter do"

"Yall belive lies like you was catholic"

"Chain hang down to my dick, I'm not Ghandhi"

Stoupe's beat do make up for this somewhat. I think he was better on the last album.

Dirty Knowledge
10-23-2008, 01:51 PM

He's linear.

Basically man. You and Methods said it. I wonder why DJ keeps copping his albums and bumping him though if all he does it get pissed at the same ole same ole flow LOL

TAURO
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I never understood where his homophobic shit started comin from for no reason

It came from hip hop culture, the hip hop community doesn't like gays.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
so what are some guys here trying to say, Nas has wack, unlistenable albums ... lol, he has grown far more than any mainstream rapper, Rakim included. Yeah, Illmatic wouldn't be it without Ra, and OB4CL plus Kool G Rap helped to motivate Nas for IWW, but still on both albums, he was like perfect.

Plus on other albums, he raps all in his own patent, and IMO his discography is really great, I enjoy every of his albums, altho I do dislike half of Nastradamus.

Well, if u don't like Nas, your loss really. Just compare him to anybody in the mainstream, and you'll see. Jay-Z, Scarface and Ghostface are the only ones on the same or near level. [Redman of course too]

This was Wera. ONGH.

Dirty Knowledge
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Off Topic: People talk about Nastradamus but NEW WORLD is one of the illest tracks ever.

Quiet Niggas...Big Girl...Project Windows...Life We Chose...Some Of Us Have Angels...I'll never get the hate for Nastradamus on this site.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Servants In Heaven Kings In Hell was a step up for Vinnie Paz to me.

Either way, im never disappointed with him, because i have such low expectations post Legacy of Blood.

He exceeded my expectations on SIHKIH

madchild
10-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Not the best proof, but;

"Paz originally started rapping with fellow Jedi Mind Tricks member Stoupe in his basement. Paz is known for his raw and gritty lyrical delivery. This is partly due to the metal plates inserted inside his mouth, visible in several videos, such as Heavy Metal Kings feat. Ill Bill"

Off wikipedia.

Read an article on it years ago too. Dunno how you guys don't know this, have you listened to him?

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.

"Jus Allah is currently working on his second album entitled The Colossus produced entirely by Sharkey. Guest spot spots for this album include Eli Porter, Mike Ecko, The Moose, MF DOOM, and Esoteric. It is rumored that Jus Allah found a lot of inspiration for this album from objects he found in the inner depths of Bomshot's couch. Jus would often smoke excessive amounts of marijuana and create forts out of the couch cushions. Bomshot caught on to this behavior and later kicked him out of the apartment. This is one of the main reasons that The Colossus has been pushed back so many times."

Off wikipedia.

Anyways, the so called "metal plate" is dental work from Paz losing his front teeth on a skateboarding fall, or maybe that's just another rumour.

Marlo Stanfield
10-23-2008, 03:53 PM
you know its really wierd that ive heard vinnie paz around here for a while, cause like 5 years ago i used to rollerblade when skateboarding was in. i used to play hockey for 12 years so, it was a better transition. but vinnie paz used to be ill on skates. and he repped ny. i was deep into the culture and shit and.... it would be goofy if i found out it was the same dude.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Off Topic: People talk about Nastradamus but NEW WORLD is one of the illest tracks ever.

Quiet Niggas...Big Girl...Project Windows...Life We Chose...Some Of Us Have Angels...I'll never get the hate for Nastradamus on this site.

plus the one he raps he's a prison cell....that one is classic for me

pmack215
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM

He's linear.

^^ exactly!! and yes, i agree w/ dj methods about his take on vinnie, but i never thought that much of him...so i never had that "excitement" for him. i really dig stoupe's beats too. its like JMT has everything except the lyrics....a great name, great concepts, ideals, platform, that crew they put together (AOTP)...
....a bit too religious......and vinnie is just NOT a great MC. he has a few punchlines, but he rhymes still like he did when he was in the 4th grade. he hasnt progressed at all. jus allah is way better than him.

and i'll never understand his "clout". he gets a TON of really good & respected MCs to work w/ him all the time! i mean, gza & KP??? on more than 1 occasion??????

but to me, most disappointing is:
#1 method man
#2 rebel INS
#3 cappadonna
#4 talib kweli

The Prime Sithesizah
10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Canibus is the mother of all dissapointments

Nas has been pretty dissapointing

Idk.. to me, they've grown out of the hype and gotten better lyrically!! Nas just dumbed it down a bit because he's a little more considered commercial right now but he's still on that Stillmatic shit IMO.. and Canibus is just rawer than ever before, much more over heads and much more stabilized with his choice of words and how he uses them...

supreme M
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Not the best proof, but;

Off wikipedia.

how u not know its a medical reason dunny?

i mainly listen to jmt cuz off the stoupe beats, but allah and paz can be dope on occations- boring and repetetiv on others

off topic, listen too a vietnam story feat ra rugged man and vinnie

crazy, and ra kiiiiiiiiills it, even tho im not a fan off him at all

supreme M
10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
and on nas behalf, i wanted to kill myself after the new album
yuck i fucking broke that shit and thru it out the window off the car
he bumped down to second cuz off that lmao

Tecknowledgist
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
vinnie can kill shit if he wants to. but you have to understand. this is riot / mosh pit music. pure anger. he can't step on the mic like

"you wack emcees gotta die, but it's alright if you're a homosexual. and christianity is cool too. BLAT BLAT! JEDI MIND BABY! IT AINT A GAME DADDY!"

i honestly don't care if he's technically "dope" to me, i still enjoy listening to him, and a lot of my friends who are metalheads have used JMT as a a transition into hip-hop.

we'll see how the new album turns out.

DJMethods
10-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I keep copping JMT for Stoupe beats. Pure and simple. Plus collabo's like the one with R.A

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Paz Is The Shit! He Is Real Bad!!

HE IS HORRIBLE

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-23-2008, 09:17 PM
vinnie can kill shit if he wants to. but you have to understand. this is riot / mosh pit music. pure anger. he can't step on the mic like

"you wack emcees gotta die, but it's alright if you're a homosexual. and christianity is cool too. BLAT BLAT! JEDI MIND BABY! IT AINT A GAME DADDY!"

i honestly don't care if he's technically "dope" to me, i still enjoy listening to him, and a lot of my friends who are metalheads have used JMT as a a transition into hip-hop.

lol - how the fuck is anti religion and homophobia mosh pit music? u don't hear metal bands with that shit

... he talks about the gays so much he must be a fag himself

Tecknowledgist
10-23-2008, 10:16 PM
maybe not homophobia but anti-religion, anti-government, anti-america certainly are

and he hasn't even spit homophobic shit since legacy of blood anyway

DJMethods
10-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I agree, but he can make Mosh Pit music and be better lyrically. He'll kill it sometimes then in other songs RUIN them despite the beat being ill.

I chose Vinnie cause he does have skills, fuck "technically" dope, he just needs to switch his scheme up cause knowing rhymes before you even hear them kills albums.

derek41
10-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Vinnie is all energy and to me that is a good quality. He is the one mc that has a very repeditive and one note flow yet gets me hyped up. I liked his psychosocial shit because it was different, bt he has regressed over the years. Stoupe on the other hand is the shit, I can't remember a wack beat he has ever produced, I guess that is why I buy JMT albums.

half\\//\\//ayCrook
10-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Nah Nas is pretty disappointing a lot of the time. For someone so skilled, he's put out some seriously wack albums. More wack albums then good albums.

somewhat true.
NaS is my favorite rapper and i can agree.

oDoUoSoKo
10-24-2008, 10:59 AM

theres no excuse for Paz being a homophobe.

CharlesJones
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree with DJ Methods about Nas. LOL@Durag saying Canibus is the mother of disappointment hahahahahahahahahahaha. All of Canibus's albums suck. He had the nerve to blame Wyclef for his first album being terrible LOL. Wyclef didn't put a gun to his head and force him to pick those wack beats LOL.