PDA

View Full Version : Statik Selektah - Stick 2 The Script

Dirty Knowledge
10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Gonna have to do a review in the review thread for this and Spell My Name Right (how is that not in the review archive already?).

For The City is nice, JAda rips that.
Nice to hear Peedi Crakk, even though that whole Philly joint is pretty whack.
Streets of M.A. ain't bad.
Bun B was a nice addition to hold it down for the south.
Destined to Shine has a good ring.

Just seems like the formula for Spell My Name Right was so much better. This album seems a little watered down, especially the beats. I remember thinking Spell My Name had some dope ass beats and these aren't ass but they ain't what he was flippin on the 1st album. And the rapper lineup was better on the 1st as well.

Not dissapointed, but I think I'll be spinning Spell My Name Right over this one.

cap
10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
i like stick to the script better actually

Reiko
10-23-2008, 02:48 PM
i like stick to the script better actually

gotta co-sign, plus do not forget about "This Is It RMX" with Redman which is one of my fav' tracks, or "On The Marquee" with Lilttle Brother which is crazy also. What more can I say? A lot of bangers, dope cd, worth my money.

whitey
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
not a chance. spell my name right was absolute fire. maybe 1 or 2 weak tracks, the rest was real nice. beats were crazy good.

that new album has some real good tracks, but they are more sporadic. the beats sound more generic to me.

RynMur
11-06-2008, 06:15 AM
I like Stick 2 The Script better than Spell My Name Right on a production level. I think Selektah’s first album did alot of overproducing compared to this one were beats are more mature and flow better.

I’ll take this over White Van Music (WLIB AM: The King of The Wigflip & Black Snow as well). Jake One made a good album, but doesn’t stay consistent compared to this album.

Top 5: Talking Bout You (Ladies), On The Marquee (fav for now), Mr. Popularity, This Is It (Showoff Remix), So Good (Live From The Bar)

Grade: (3.7/5) B+

whitey
11-06-2008, 08:07 AM
im going to up my rating a bit. i still like spell my name right better. but this has some bangers for sure.

top tracks: to the top, for the city (that hook is crazy) , get out the way, all 2gether now, streets of M.A. (crazy hook here too).

*edit*hah just noticed we both picked 5 different songs on that album. interesting.

Thworldisyours
11-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Both Stat albums are crazy... Spell My Name might be better overall... It's an album you play from start to finish w/o skipping anything... Stick 2 the Script has SOME filler but the bangers are better than the first...

Best songs on the new album...
To The Top
For The City
Get Out The Way
Church (the best, anybody know the sample used here???)
Talkin About Ladies