PDA

View Full Version : new KANYE WEST album...I think it will suck

tical2000
10-25-2008, 03:32 PM
So far I have heard three tracks off the new KANYE WEST album: "Love Lockdown", "coldest winter", and "Robocop".....and I have to say that I really think the new album is going to suck!

I have always been a huge KANYE WEST fan, and thought GRADUATION was awsome....I have found KANYE WEST to be very original in the bland gangsta rap on the 2000's.......however, I think the autotune album is a huge mistake.....sure its a new creative thing for KANYE WEST, but that does not make it good.....the tracks so far that I have heard do nothing for me, sure they are a new creative thing for KANYE, but they are not that good at all

I am all for new creative things in the stale hip hop of 2008, but this album sounds shitty to me

thoughts?

whitey
10-25-2008, 03:40 PM
dudes trying to make a whole album in auto tune. i think that about explains it all. kanye aint daft punk, lets be serious.

11th Chamber
10-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Yea iv heard like 4 tracks from it so far

Just awful.

food for thought
10-25-2008, 11:32 PM
dudes lost his mind or something.

11th Chamber
10-25-2008, 11:42 PM
seriously that Robocop joint is one of the worst tracks Iv heard all year, from anybody

BIG D O
10-26-2008, 12:29 AM
man everything he's done after teh first two sucks....

food for thought
10-26-2008, 12:48 AM
^ cosign

staliondan23
10-26-2008, 12:49 AM
man everything he's done after teh first two sucks....

Graduation definitely did not suck..Even if it wasn't nessesarily to your liking (maybe you think it was too pop or something?) anyone with an open mind for music could appreciate it in some aspects..Graduation was more innovative then any mainstream album that's been out in quite awhile, and Kanye had only elevated his production.

yeah im a little bit skeptical of the new album myself...out of the four tracks ive heard the only one im kinda feelin' is "Heartless." I don't know if i could take a full album of these autotune songs..

11th Chamber
10-26-2008, 12:58 AM
I accually really liked Graduation

tajeco
10-26-2008, 01:01 AM
I liked one song of his; "Through the Wire", that's because I felt bad for him. Since then he became a little bitch. Same with Poop Daddy, I liked "I'll Be Missing You" because his friend died, but over time it's been proven, that the wrong friend died

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Graduation definitely did not suck..Even if it wasn't nessesarily to your liking (maybe you think it was too pop or something?) anyone with an open mind for music could appreciate it in some aspects..Graduation was more innovative then any mainstream album that's been out in quite awhile, and Kanye had only elevated his production.

yeah im a little bit skeptical of the new album myself...out of the four tracks ive heard the only one im kinda feelin' is "Heartless." I don't know if i could a full album of these autotune songs..

i loved graduation and it was a good album and i'm open about this album loved Love Lockdown and Heartless but Coldest Winter was the dopest of the three

food for thought
10-26-2008, 01:11 AM
^^ LOL at tejeco. hilarious

cap
10-26-2008, 01:12 AM
im a big kanye fan!!
and since im waiting to cop the album i only have heard 'love lockdown'and i didnt really care for it.
but since i have such faith in ye's ear for music i'll blindly cop the album and then will make up my mind

ps : kanye is a great rapper as well!

Oztradamus
10-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Not really feeling the direction that Kanye is heading into with these new joints...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-26-2008, 03:23 AM
put this in the Non-Hiphop subforum, where it belongs

claaa7
10-26-2008, 04:33 AM
i liked Kanye's first 2 albums so i copped "Graduation" on release date without listening to it first.. i like the production on that joint alot but lyrically it was fucking AWFUL - so much that i can't even listen to it at all. I mean on the first 2 LP's he was touching on a wide range of topics and problems but on here it was all about his enormous love for himself and I ain't gay so i can't bump that sorry.

Kanye should do instrumental albums or produce for better artists because he's wack himself these days (he wasn't really that good to begin with) but with this auto-tone joint I think he is very, very, very close to take the step out of the closet.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-26-2008, 04:34 AM
2001/2002 Kanye had the best beats :(

Afficial_Nastee
10-26-2008, 05:48 AM
put this in the Non-Hiphop subforum, where it belongs
Word the fuck up....

He ain't a rapper....

Rame
10-26-2008, 10:37 AM
^ Ofcourse he is. Go back to school.

12weLvE
10-26-2008, 12:44 PM
I felt the first one a lot...the second one was aight... and the third is horrible!!! Not looking foward to buying this one... I ll pass.

Marlo Stanfield
10-26-2008, 03:13 PM
shits horrible

Rame
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
I liked all of his first 3 albums.

The first 2 had to much wack skits though.

I'm not a fan of auto-tune but we'll see.

11th Chamber
10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I liked one song of his; "Through the Wire", that's because I felt bad for him. Since then he became a little bitch. Same with Poop Daddy, I liked "I'll Be Missing You" because his friend died, but over time it's been proven, that the wrong friend died

lol at this post

12weLvE
10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
So what he has 4 singles out?? He is really trying to hype this album up.. he will probably not get much love from the true hip hop heads.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApQlCSBjl9c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApQlCSBjl9c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcjkkBtXgIc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcjkkBtXgIc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JMJrgaIqH8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5JMJrgaIqH8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5IuatEZ25is&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5IuatEZ25is&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

b·baby36
10-26-2008, 09:00 PM
A lot of hate for this album, but I'm looking forward to it. It's def not everyones cup of tea but fuck it, I like it, especially Heartless. I'll be buying it. Don't get me wrong, I love the old Ye especially his beats before his first album but it's nice to hear different shit once in a while, he also has another album coming in June so if people don't like this who cares, ya'll got something better to look forward to.

12weLvE
10-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Hearless is catchy ass hell... I must admit I like that one.

J-DON
10-26-2008, 09:10 PM
I was on board until Robocop

Edgar Erebus
10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
First.
All hail to T-Pain for using auto-tune, that was some really fresh shit. Making you sound like a machine all time through while being still on sizzurpy contemporary R&B tip, excellent stuff, innovative, dope.

A big fuck you to whole rap game for sucking so much that they have to play out the dope shit less than a year after it appeared.

Second.
In 2000 Kanye West revolutionized the game with introducing slow, emotional, soulful samples over hard drums - something only greats like RZA and Dre were doing before. Everyone suddenly started going same way.

He reinvented his style in 2002, introducing highly sped-up soul samples and quicker beats, with matching synths, even though his old style was still hot and hype. Whole rap world went crazy after chipmunk soul.

After achieving commercial apex with that in 2004, he reinvented himself again and started employing more traditional musical touch, with rich string arrangements and horn riffs. Hop - everyone was on that tip in the blink of the eye.

With that shit still being hot in 2007, he switched it all up once again and introduced synth-heavy, spacey and still soulful beats - something everyone is, more or less, still doing.

In 2008 he picks up a hot trend of auto-tune and goes after expanding it on the whole album.

Do you smell something fishy?

Rame
10-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Whuat, all the tracks InspectahChek posted are wack and sound mad uninspired.

I'm not going to buy that piece of crap.

Oztradamus
10-28-2008, 08:15 PM
This is the first Kanye album, I will not be buying.. I'll just probably download... Those new joints are horrible as fuck.. Kanye losing his mom must have done a number on Yeezy..

Tracks
10-28-2008, 08:59 PM
ghostlaced will like it, thats all that matters, i guess.

drippie k
10-29-2008, 03:12 AM
college dropout was great
half the songs on late registration were boring
graduation was pretty cool
but this new shit is like......"dude...kanye..uh..m....whatthefuckareyoudoing?"