PDA

View Full Version : Dr Dre confirms Lil Wayne, Jayz Nas on Detox, No Game

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1591395/20080723/dr_dre.jhtml

50 been saying hes on the album, but Dre hasnt been saying that hisself.

check two
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Should be one to keep on the shelf then. lol

TAURO
10-26-2008, 12:46 PM
The more I hear about this album, the more I think it's going to suck. I honestly think Dre missed his window with this years ago.

Reiko
10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
The more I hear about this album, the more I think it's going to suck. I honestly think Dre missed his window with this years ago.

Co-Sign, Jay-Z ok, NaS, ok but Lil' Wayne ? and no Game on it? That ain't right.

check two
10-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm still waiting for the Dre/Ice Cube album that was advertised on the Doggystyle insert booklet.

Rame
10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
+ The Cure ofcourse.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
LOL!!

Look at all you fags hating it before youve even heard one song off it. You have to all realise, in real life, Wayne is the most respected MC in the game among other artists. Im not saying they all think hes the greatest MC, but they respect his aura and his presence in the game. But bottom line is dude is creative and sells records.

I dont know if Detox will be good or not. I havent heard it yet. But I DO remember everyone saying the same shit about Dre before all his other albums, then he came out and smashed it.

check two
10-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Creativity must have a different meaning these days then.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
^Creativity means selling records.

Rame
10-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Selling records doesn't mean good music.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Not selling record doesnt mean good music. I think music has less chance of being good if no one is buying it.

check two
10-26-2008, 01:48 PM
The Black Scarecrow.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-26-2008, 02:03 PM

Why is that creativity???

I'm happy for Lil' Wayne tho. If his verse isn't on par with Nas' or Jay-Z's, we can bash him all we want.

Marlo Stanfield
10-26-2008, 02:33 PM
idk im looking forward to hearing it. i hope its good, i really, really fucking do.

cap
10-26-2008, 02:49 PM
why the fuck does dre need to work with wayne?its not like he needs him to sell records,fuck outta here!!

this is supposed to be an all time classic,i dont want him on there just cus he's the hottest dude right now (no to me but to other people...)

FRRRRRRRUCK THAT

spiggity_ace
10-26-2008, 03:21 PM
wut the fuck am i reading here, people sayin i think it will suck, seriously name 1 dre album that was below classic.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2008, 03:26 PM
why the fuck does dre need to work with wayne?its not like he needs him to sell records,fuck outta here!!

this is supposed to be an all time classic,i dont want him on there just cus he's the hottest dude right now (no homo)

Fixed.

What sort of logic is that anyway? So in your world Dre shouldnt of put Snoop on the Chronic, just because he was hot at that time. Wayne isnt a flash, he has already made all time history by how he single handedly ressurected the game, and sold 2 million records when every other artist is struggling to make gold.

cap
10-26-2008, 03:36 PM
nah that was different though,snoop was his protege.
snoop was hot cus of dre,totally different story

TAURO
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
wut the fuck am i reading here, people sayin i think it will suck, seriously name 1 dre album that was below classic.

Aftermath Presents.

Bodega Pop Tartz
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
^^True.

TAURO
10-26-2008, 03:47 PM
People always forget that album, and with good reason.

roodyp4364
10-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Damn I was actually looking forward to this album until now. Why the fuck do you have to ruin a sure classic by putting Lil Wayne on there. Sad shit.

Where the fuck are all the rap murderers when you really need em?

Rame
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
The article was made July 23, a lot can change in a few months.

Let's hope for some good changes.

Ritter
10-26-2008, 04:31 PM

No. Promotion means selling records. Package means selling records.

Creativity is a question whose answer sears into the seas of philosophy.

Obviously Lil Wayne isn't creative.

Yes, you eat caviar and make it rain. More like a shitstorm.

Tecknowledgist
10-26-2008, 04:33 PM
just because lil wayne is on a single track doesn't mean the entire album will suck. get over yourselves.

claaa7
10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Dre presents The Aftermath wasn't really a Dr. Dre album though - he produced 6 out of 14 joints on there if I remember right. it is weak though, Dre had a weak period there where he tried to develeop a new sound and trying different sounds on Aftermath album, The Firm and some random joints here and there.

spiggity_ace
10-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Aftermath Presents.

ah, i overlooked it, but i ddid mean a fully dre album, and their are only 2 that have his name on it, chronic and 2001, and IMO their are no weak points on these albums

Afficial_Nastee
10-26-2008, 05:40 PM

LMAO....

That's just bullshit....

TGambino
10-26-2008, 05:42 PM
i dont like wayne that much but yall aint even heard his verse yet so u cant shit on it...if ur shittin on somethin before u hear it then....

http://www.chillyoislamyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hater1.jpg

Rame
10-26-2008, 05:47 PM
^ The Remix.

Maccabee Ridah
10-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Happy to see Nas on album!! That will made me keep my eye on this album!! Rest has more bad than good effects at me!! Especially Lil Gayne...

P.E.A.C.E.

11th Chamber
10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Where exactly in the article does it say Game isnt on the album?

cause I think you made that up.

Bg_Knocc_Out
10-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Game not on Detox is like [Big L] asians without rice, or crackheads without pipes, etc [/Big L]

The Hound
10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
what's the bet this is another dr dre's freinds featuring dr dre album ... he'll rap 50% of the time with 25% of that time him speaking on skits ...

why the fuck would game be on detox anyway when was the last time they worked together? the documentary?

11th Chamber
10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
As long as his friends come thru with some heat, its all good. Dre needs to hook back up with Hittman. Dude was one of the shining stars of 2001

I realize its not likely that Game would have recorded anything recently with Dre, I would just like to see him on it

Altho im sure they recorded shit for Detox sometime during The Documentary days, its jus whether or not Dre feels like using it

derek41
10-26-2008, 10:01 PM

Aftermath presents was pretty shitty, but to me Chronic 2001 was no where near the Classic the first one was or the NWA albums. Dre's beats have become way to monotonous, and I honestly haven't felt any of his music in many years. I thought the rappers on 2001 lacked the energy and the hunger heard in the original.
Dre doesn't have to try anymore and it shows. I will give it a listen, who knows this may suprise me, but i am expecting less than stellar results.

ALCATRAZ
10-26-2008, 10:18 PM
I am so not buyin that shit lol

sarr
10-26-2008, 10:31 PM
so because wayne is gona be on 1 song probably...you homos arent gona buy the whole album??

you suck...
besides, its not like wayne is incapable of writing a sick verse. he just needs to bring his A game, which im sure he will do

food for thought
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM
^watever man

i stopped waiting for Dres bitch ass to drop ths shit a long time ago. he can kiss my ass.
he still isnt sure if hes dropping this year? what the fuck is he doing with his life? fo real?

I mean ppl go to school, people work, but what the fuck is this fool doing with his life. this shit was supposed to drop like 5-6 years ago but he still aint sure when its gonna drop. wat is he waiting for?

i bet shit is gonna be wack anyway seein as though how the mainstream game is fucked up rite now. hes gonna have a bunch of bubblegum rappers on there on some simple song-writing shit.

BIG D O
10-27-2008, 02:30 AM
hmmmm, niether feature is surprising....Dre goes back with them both....hopefully they got in the studio wit the good Dr. and dropped some heat....

DR. NICK RIVIERA
10-27-2008, 03:09 AM
also Lil Wayne was on Jay-Z's album, but that track didn't ruin anything

Rame
10-27-2008, 03:27 AM
what's the bet this is another dr dre's freinds featuring dr dre album ... he'll rap 50% of the time with 25% of that time him speaking on skits ...

why the fuck would game be on detox anyway when was the last time they worked together? the documentary?

Dre isn't the best rapper and he knows it.

If there's some good featurings and some good (Jay-Z written) Dre verses on bangin'/classic beats, it's all good with me.

Supreme-NRT
10-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Did that ghostface dude really say Lil' Wayne ressurected the game ? Teehee.

kurupt_kw
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I stopped paying attention to this album long ago. Has there been any word about Daz and Kurupt being on the album?

ShaDynasty
10-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Aftermath presents wasn't that bad, it just wasn't what people were expecting. Half that album is R&B anyway. 'Been There Done That' is one of the best songs hes ever done and thats saying something.

Kenny Powers
10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
that article is from july... I'm sure if u dig deep enough you will find a lot of bullshit about detox seeing as how its been a myth for 5 years. Dre needs to stick to Dre on this album, thats why hes been so good throughout the years. Weezy and Jayz just dont fit on a dre album

cap
10-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Jayz just dont fit on a dre album

one of the greatest mc's off all time doesnt fit on the album of one of the greatest producers off all time??

11th Chamber
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Jay did some ghostwriting on Chronic 2001, how doesnt he fit on a Dre album?

Rame
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
They're a great combination.

Clientele_Kid36
10-27-2008, 04:08 PM
wow creativity sells records?

that was the dumbest thing i heard so far on this forum...

yep and im a newbie...

claaa7
10-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Jay-Z and Nas, respectively, have been working with Dre for years - as 11th pointed out Jigga ghostwrote "Still D.R.E." and Dre produced 4 joints and mixed the whole 'Kingdom Come' album.. Nas and the Doctor goes back to '95-96 with "Nas is Coming" and The Firm project.

Kenny Powers
10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
jay ghost wrote for a reason, his flow (or lack there of) will throw off a dre album imo. Maybe its my anti-jayz bias but i dont want him to listen to him on detox (if it ever drops).

Rame
10-28-2008, 01:50 PM
jay ghost wrote for a reason, his flow (or lack there of) will throw off a dre album imo. Maybe its my anti-jayz bias but i dont want him to listen to him on detox (if it ever drops).

That's just your opinion, doesn't mean he doesn't fit on the album.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
the dre tracks on Kingdom Come were wack too.

Rame
10-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I did like Dre's beats on Kingdom Come.

Lost One, 30 Something, Trouble.

Solid tracks.

Edgar Erebus
10-28-2008, 02:54 PM
the dre tracks on Kingdom Come were wack too.

Except "Trouble" I agree. But not that I'm saying that "Trouble" is great, it's good beat - but for a perfectionist of Dre's rep...

The thing is that Dre suck now badly. BADLY. I thought it was just that wack collaborator Mark Batson, but I realized that Batson things are even the better Dre beats for the last three years or so - and they still suck.

He only released two really dope beats since 2005, both in 2006: "Don't Get Carried Away" and "Trouble". Other shit is just... shit.

Edgar Erebus
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I did like Dre's beats on Kingdom Come.

Lost One, 30 Something, Trouble.

Solid tracks.

Even if they're solid, it ain't enough. Dre was always bragging about his perfectionism, how he only releases best shit that's done in his studio (that's why he's least prolific of the GOAT producers, Premier made, like, two times as much beats as Dre). Solid shit is under the level he imposed on himself. It's same problem as his beats in '96-'97: he was releasing solid beats too, but everyone agreed that he fell off during that period.

He needs to find a dope collaborator again, back in '98 Mel-Man saved his ass.

Rame
10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I don't care what Dre thinks about himself.

I like those beats.

chiba
10-28-2008, 05:42 PM

this is supposed to be an all time classic,i dont want him on there just cus he's the hottest dude right now (no to me but to other people...)

FRRRRRRRUCK THAT

co- sign and double the FRRRRRRRRRUUUCK DAT !!!

11th Chamber
10-28-2008, 05:46 PM
He only released two really dope beats since 2005, both in 2006: "Don't Get Carried Away" and "Trouble". Other shit is just... shit.

You dont think 'Imagine' and 'Gunz Come Out' were good beats?

drippie k
10-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Except "Trouble" I agree. But not that I'm saying that "Trouble" is great, it's good beat - but for a perfectionist of Dre's rep...

The thing is that Dre suck now badly. BADLY. I thought it was just that wack collaborator Mark Batson, but I realized that Batson things are even the better Dre beats for the last three years or so - and they still suck.

are you shittin me? all the dre beats on busta's big bang album were crazy

im just disappointed that 50's gonna be on there and not Game...i can see lil wayne on there MAYBE, depending on the subject matter and beat, it really depends on that...Ice Cube should definatly be on there no question along with Snoop

Edgar Erebus
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
You dont think 'Imagine' and 'Gunz Come Out' were good beats?

"Gunz Come Out" - 2005. He was still making excellent beats then, best being "Outta Control Remix".

As for "Imagine" - nah, I'm totally not feeling that piano and boom-clap drums. I can make same shit on my FL in five minutes, absolutely not worth a Dre.

Yes, crazy wack, I agree.

"Get You Some" - when I first put it on, I was like 'EWWW, what the...'

"How We Do It Over Here" - when I heard THAT shit, I was already sure it was a low point of Dre career... that is, until I heard "Fire" on Curtis.

"Cocaina" - was absolutely meh, thin, boring and uninspired

"Don't Get Carried Away" - was finally Dre I used to like, but after so much wack beats it didn't hit me at all.

"Legend of the Fall Offs" - something left from Encore sessions, 'cause it's same beat as "Mosh" and "Rain Man" only slower and with shovelin' sounds. Wack like both of 'em.

drippie k
10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
"Gunz Come Out" - 2005. He was still making excellent beats then, best being "Outta Control Remix".

As for "Imagine" - nah, I'm totally not feeling that piano and boom-clap drums. I can make same shit on my FL in five minutes, absolutely not worth a Dre.

Yes, crazy wack, I agree.

"Get You Some" - when I first put it on, I was like 'EWWW, what the...'

"How We Do It Over Here" - when I heard THAT shit, I was already sure it was a low point of Dre career... that is, until I heard "Fire" on Curtis.

"Cocaina" - was absolutely meh, thin, boring and uninspired

"Don't Get Carried Away" - was finally Dre I used to like, but after so much wack beats it didn't hit me at all.

"Legend of the Fall Offs" - something left from Encore sessions, 'cause it's same beat as "Mosh" and "Rain Man" only slower and with shovelin' sounds. Wack like both of 'em.

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT you must be out yo damn mind, Get You Some's beat was fuckin awesome...the Don't Get Carried Away beat was gay and repetative...one of the worst tracks on there

claaa7
10-30-2008, 06:51 AM
^^

"Get You Some" - Absolute insane, that shit is fucking fire

"How We Do It Over Here" - Really, really wack - headache music at it's finest

"Cocaina" - I love this joint, it's Dre going New York

"Don't Get Carried Away" - INSANE

"Legend of the Fall Offs" - A beat he originally gave to Rakim, it's a good outro but not something I would listen to as a single song.

check two
10-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I thought it was advertising a scary Halloween mask, but no, once again, it was just Lil Wayne:

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=COvKtJ_RqcGCdBDYBRhPMgj8bZY4ZUw-8g

THE MASON
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM

im just disappointed that 50's gonna be on there and not Game...i can see lil wayne on there MAYBE, depending on the subject matter and beat, it really depends on that...Ice Cube should definatly be on there no question along with Snoop

I didnt really like Big Bang felt it was lacking especially the beats.

but 50 shouldnt be on this joint at all, he doesnt even got the same effect on the game anymore so fuck him being on there plus he aint got the lyrics. Lil wayne i dont want on there but i know why he is, Cash Rules muthafuckas!!

i agree with Snoop and Cube they been runnin together from the beginning, Game should be one there with these two, be like a Vintage to New kinda track.