PDA

View Full Version : C - Rayz is Magnificent

THE MASON
10-27-2008, 11:17 AM
i am listen to Almighty and C - Rayz is fuckin killin it for me

hes just got some crazy visuals and mad dope lyrics. the more i listen the better it gets.

anyone heard his solo shit or does he even got any?

if he does fill me in on what to get or check for

"Respect my Rayz before i eject my blades"

DRUNKENDRAGON
10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
He's got mad shit, ravipops, year of the beast etc etc juat a ridiculous amount of tracks. He's currently incarcerated tho. Saw him live once, the soundman refused to turn his mic up so he threw it to the ground and spit with no mic, no beat, straight on the edge of the stage, it was one of the dopest live shows i've seen, up until killah priest no- showed and ra the rugged man came out and was kinda wack

THE MASON
10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
damn sounds like a crazy show!!!!

ima have to check those cds for sho, whats he incarerated for?

did someone try and say someone was better then almighty and he punched em in the mouth

food for thought
10-27-2008, 11:25 AM
^ hahahahaha.... nice story.

But yea man, C-rayz is the shit. i got a Solo CD by dude that i listen to all the time but i dont know which album it is, lol. i found it in my brothers car one day. it just says "C-RAYZ-WALZ" on that shit(burnt cd). lol.

but its hot man.

its got that one song on it, where hes like, "ima protect my family, thats my word" on the chorus (if anybody knows what im talking about).

def one of my fav MCs right now.

peace

WuGambino
10-27-2008, 11:29 AM
lol i've been meaning to check this dude since he was on Made trying to teach some kid to rap... he introduced the kid to Ghostface

food for thought
10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
^^ LOL yo i seen that shit too man.lol

Guarded By Martyrs
10-27-2008, 11:35 AM
^Me too.

C-Rayz Walz is a beast.

His voice is what I like most...
He's a great Emcee for real...

NXnmILRA7CU

bCdKilU8nMw

claaa7
10-27-2008, 02:44 PM
yes C-Rayz is really nice on the mic, kind of abstract and a really special voice but i always been feeling his shit since i first heard his "Ravipops" album in 2003 or something (i think that's the one you got Food For Thought). he and Killah Priest definitely owned the Almighty album; Bronze, M-80 and Son One was aight but not up to par.

i've got a promotional copy of that "Year of the Beast" somewhere but i can't have been listening to it more than a couple of times.. if i remember rite it was a couple steps below Ravipops but maybe I should give it another shot?? what y'all think?

also he was on that TV-show "MTV Made" on a funny episode where he was gonna school this tiny jewish boy who wanted to be a rapper lol.. he took him out to New York to meet with Ghostface and them and later they went backstage with The Game and Snoop Dogg (apperantly this kids - The Blizzard hahah - favorite rappers).

GhettoGnom
10-27-2008, 04:34 PM
e6w76VMBEr4

You can see his discography here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-Rayz_Walz

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-27-2008, 05:06 PM

hes just got some crazy visuals and mad dope lyrics. the more i listen the better it gets.

HE'S ONE OF THE DOPEST EMCEES

THE BLACK SAMURAI EP IS DOPE SHIT, RAVIPOPS, YEAR OF THE BEAST ALL HIS ALBUM EVEN THE JOINT WITH KOSHIA DILLZ IS ILL AS HELL

SilvaFistz
10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
yeah he's pretty dope, Ravipops is my shit.

THE MASON
10-27-2008, 10:56 PM
i agree with claaa7 that he and priest owned the almighty album.

i saw both those albums at my record store both of em where like $20 and i couldnt pick one

which one is beter Ravipops or Year of the Beast?

Longbongcilvaringz
10-28-2008, 03:12 AM
Yeah he's good.

86' is probably my favourite track of his.

Ravipops is all good though.

And i've always dug this a lot:

O4t3Z4y3Y1w

Aesop Rock Feat. C Ray Walz - Bent Life

SKANK HILL
10-28-2008, 03:18 AM
ravipops is one of my favourtie albums ... fuckin banger ... love the track "we live" ...

his monster maker with mc sharkey is ill too

DJMethods
10-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Hahaha has he got any solo shit ahahhHh. Dude has like 50 fucking albums.

12weLvE
10-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Hes one of my favorites... I own all his joints, and I ve been to 3 of his shows. Much respect to C-Rayz.

SHAoLiN LoRD
11-19-2008, 09:33 PM
check ravipops..sick album

LHX
02-11-2009, 08:52 AM
i been spinning his stuff for almost 2 months straight now

wasnt feelin him at first when i heard him on the wu-indy and Cannibal Ox albums

but after i heard some of his other joints - definitely at the top of things right now

didnt hear ravipops but i copped Year of the Beast and it is dope as hell

the silencer
02-11-2009, 06:10 PM
never heard any of his stuff before the Almighty album and then i was blown the fuck away by his performance on there...

started lookin more into his work but i'm still a newbie to his material..

but his style is CRAZY, mad abstract....beautifully poetic.....and his flow is kinda different---original i guess

this is my fav track outta the not-too-many I've heard:

gd263HyjfEI

Charles Barry
02-11-2009, 07:07 PM
C-Rayz got some ill joints but he got a lot of bullshit too. He's better than a lot of these dudes though, he's got a unique style.

DRUNKENDRAGON
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
C-Rayz got some ill joints but he got a lot of bullshit too. He's better than a lot of these dudes though, he's got a unique style.

This is very true, he displays an extremely different train of thought. Not quite his rhyme patterns but the way he gives his metaphors. You have to think a second or two cuz the meaning isn't readily apparent.

THE MASON
02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
This is very true, he displays an extremely different train of thought. Not quite his rhyme patterns but the way he gives his metaphors. You have to think a second or two cuz the meaning isn't readily apparent.

cosign

Rayz has drop some lines that still got me scratching my head

the silencer
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
"Unholy mattress moanin'
she was an actress posin'
flat on her back, at last without Atlas holdin"
--Dead Flowers

i had this line constantly reappearin in my head for weeks before i actually realized what he was sayin..

i love these lyricists/emcees (Raekwon's and Bronze's styles are like this too) who sometimes it's like their speakin their own language in their rhymes...it's like they refuse to make any part of their verse simple, everything is said in a slang/metaphorical code..

that's just gifted WRITING right there.....in all reality, the illest lyricists are the illest writers, these dudes are literary heros who happen to recite their work for a living.....damn ain't hip hop a beautiful art?

LHX
02-11-2009, 09:20 PM
tru say

the emcees i have the most respect for over time - for some reason - im never feelin them when i first hear them

it like some dudes just bring a sudden novelty that your ear isnt accustomed to

acquired tastes

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
02-11-2009, 09:20 PM

yo son is retarded wit the lyrics i love his solo stuff

the silencer
02-12-2009, 09:57 PM
tru say

the emcees i have the most respect for over time - for some reason - im never feelin them when i first hear them

it like some dudes just bring a sudden novelty that your ear isnt accustomed to

acquired tastes
yo, same EXACT thing with me..

was like that with Bronze Nazareth for sure..

not even just with emcees tho...for whatever reason i was shakey on Madlib at first, especially the Beat Konducta series---i downloaded and burned Vol 3-4 last year, listened to that shit once and literally thru the cd away.....now i've been listenin to nothin but Madlib shit for the last 3 days...LOVE his beat cds now..

Charles Barry
02-15-2009, 02:38 AM
A classic C-Rayz joint for ya'll.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5564901362c5a6e5/