PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Kool G Rap

spiggity_ace
10-28-2008, 09:10 PM
What do you guys think of G Rap. I think hes amazing, IMO greatest ever, however I bring this question up because my friend says that his flow and voice are gay, these are 2 of the things i think are amazing about him though, and lyrically hes crazy, what are your thoughts?

Tracks
10-28-2008, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW8jRjvlLgE

best story EVER told in a rap song.

g rap is top 5.

Tracks
10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
and as far as your friend goes, hes either a faggot, or just mentally ill.

spiggity_ace
10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
ya that track is fuckin crazy, shit it just gets to me wen he ses something like his flow is trash, wen he has the dopest flow of all time, and influenced probably every dope mc ever.

junius
10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
x

BIG D O
10-29-2008, 12:32 AM
He ** was ** great, one of the GOATs but fell way the fuck off. "4, 5, 6" is the transition album towards idiotic fake mafia gangster bullshit but still OK; the three albums with DJ Polo are each great, with the last one, "Live and Let Die" my favorite.

The Gambino thing, Click of Respect and the crap with the lame Scarface (Al Pacino, not Brad Jordan) cover are mostly crap, totally FAKE garbage over mostly lame beats.

Kool G. Rap never grew as an artist, and in fact regressed badly. I assume there's been some drugs involved, or depression, or something because you can't be that great and smart and turn THAT stupid. (Same with Rakim, whose nuts faggots here still suck even tho' he's not done anything great in 15+ years. He just went brain dead, it seems, where G. keeps playing like he's some superthug.)

Don't agree with you at all.....G Rap has fallen a little bit from grace but everytime he graces a guest spot these days he still dazzles.....look at how he roasted Young Chris over that Just Blaze beat on "Extravaganza" not too long ago....look at how he got at Nino Bless, one of the best new up and coming artist's from NYC on "The Block Is Hot", look at how he lyrically pummelled Joell Ortiz who is the best new up and coming lyricist in NYC on "China White".....lol, he can hang with the most talented cats of any era.....

and you trippin' sayin "The Giacana Story" and "Roots Of Evil" sucked.....Click Of Respect wasn't great, i'll partially agree there, but the other two, you just sound mad.....

lol.....G Rap has earned his respect and he deserves it, same wit Rakim....many of your bum ass favorite artist's got their whole style of dress and rhyme from them two....

smarten up man....you look and sound like some internet fanatic who is still burnt cause Ra or G Rap didn't wanna party with you after they did a concert in ya shitty lil' town....

Tony Bandana
10-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Kool G Rap and Dj Polo !!!

my fav track of hiz .

gMUaDpFXRSg

huh ..click here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMUaDpFXRSg

benzo
10-29-2008, 08:19 AM
The DJ Polo albums are great and his solos that I've heard are okay. He's a beast of an emcee but the production on his solos is subpar and the lyrical content doesn't vary much at all. One thing I noticed is that he sounds much better on faster tracks; his flow doesn't suit a slow beat very well. He can rip an up-tempo track as well as anybody in the game though IMO.

LONDON!
10-29-2008, 09:17 AM
G rap is one of the greatest to ever touch the mic, truss me on that

J.T.S.
10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
G.rap top ten!

DRUM_GOD
10-29-2008, 02:17 PM
I liked his first album the best."MEN AT WORK" has to be his best moment lyrically.

"When I die scientists will preserve my brain-donate it to science to answer the unexplained
But as long as I enhale and exhale-I`ll challenge the next female or the next male"-G-RAP

All that street shit he`s kicking takes away from his greatness as a lyricist IMO.

I wish he would return to pure lyricism.I remember quoting his rhymes.Not anymore.

A dope emcee non the less.

GBUILDING
10-29-2008, 02:24 PM
his lyrics have been excellent from the beginning. the lyrics stay raw.

it's just his beats. i've always wanted Kool G. Rap and Rza to drop a cd, especially after Cakes came out.

spiggity_ace
10-29-2008, 10:03 PM
i liked his beats on his first 3 albums, they were dope, and 4,5,6 i thought was pretty crazy production wise, it was kinda stripped down but still raw, but he needed beats from like premo and rza and pete rock after that, he shines on that dj muggs track also, i think its called real life, their was a video for it, but ya i list him as my fav mc with the gza, and the greatest ever, imagine an album with him big pun and eminem over beats by dre rza and premo, wouldve been some unspeakable shit.

Tony Bandana
10-29-2008, 10:10 PM
shit how could i forget this heater feat. Kool G Rap

K620nYwjNlk

Maccabee Ridah
10-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Legend...

Nothing less, nothing more...

P.E.A.C.E.

main_man
10-30-2008, 04:18 PM
one of the greatest mc's to spit, hands down. he KILLED "the symphony" back in the day. will always have respect for g rap just based of that verse alone.

spiggity_ace
10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
i had to post on my thread again, these are some of his dope verses later on after 4 5 6, this song 3 to the dome with kane and chino xl, was on the same album with the antehm on it, everyone iced this track but im always partial to the g rap verse, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47FdYqq_i0U , this song is dope also, im not sure where its from but sounds pretty new http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF9i9o4p_7E , this was from half a klip pretty dope as well produced by premo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCip0pxq81w , this was from 05 or 06 off that marco polo album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlvyTWodVg ,

RynMur
11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
He along with AZ & Big L are the most underrated rappers.

spiggity_ace
11-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Id put canibus in their too since i discovereed how crazy he is recently, and maybe the GZA

main_man
11-01-2008, 08:20 PM
lord finesse= one of the most underrated too

crds
11-02-2008, 04:18 AM
I grew up on Kool G Rap and I think he has one of the greatest flows in Hip Hop history and he still destroys his guest apperances, but on the real, he needs better producers these days, because that Half-A-Klip album was really bad.

I also think that G Rap needs to quit with the mafioso/gangster shit and get lyrical again

spiggity_ace
11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I cant even access stuff pre half a klip here in canada for under 50 bucks, i actually saw live and let die for 50 and thought it wasn't worth it, but his lyrical side seems dope, i like his gangster side its dope too, but at this stage in his career he should go back to the road to the riches style, it would be crazy to hear again, him on 4,5,6, and live and let die was mad crazy too though, and i liked that track all of my life, i didnt listen to half a klip other than the number 1 with a bullet remix which was pointless but was still pretty dope IMO, and the on the rise again track which was alright as well.

Maccabee Ridah
11-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Just sit & listen to the genius...

2o1pnMnNnP0

One of my fav tracks of g rap...

P.E.A.C.E.

>ThaGoldenChild<
11-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Killin Executioner Style!

IronFingaz7
11-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Top 2 ever! Ra & G, the greatest. And what the hell ya'll mean stop the mafioso shit and get lyrical, dude still lyrical as fuck!

P.E.A.C.E.

crds
11-03-2008, 04:11 AM
Top 2 ever! Ra & G, the greatest. And what the hell ya'll mean stop the mafioso shit and get lyrical, dude still lyrical as fuck!

P.E.A.C.E.

I mean there is more to rhyme about than the mafioso shit, he has done, did it well, on to the next, hit us with the ill lyrical shit like he did in the 80's.

spiggity_ace
11-03-2008, 06:48 PM
^ i feel you, i still think hes lyrical but his stuff from earlier on was insane like men at work, shit this guy was on fire, him and ra have had similar careers too, 3 straight classics, 1 good solo, then went mediocre but with great guest appearances on other songs