PDA

View Full Version : What yall think of this new 'Chocolate News' show on Comedy Central?

food for thought
10-29-2008, 11:47 PM
yall been watching this shit?

I saw two episodes, and so far this show is terrible.

diggy
10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
I never saw this on tv, but I checked youtube and it seems o.k.

But too much racial humour gets stale after a while.

TSA
10-30-2008, 12:08 AM
its written by white people, you can tell, white people writing black humor is unfunny inauthentic and 1 dimensional.

they should have black people write it (and you can tell the difference).

i personally don't find white people as funny as black people but that's purely opinion, the fact that 1 group writing humor about another group is gonna effect the ZING of it isn't.

like if black people wrote white people shows.

ok nvm, that would be hilarious, but still.

SKAMPOE
10-30-2008, 01:38 AM
yall been watching this shit?

I saw two episodes, and so far this show is terrible.
yea i been watchin, u only saw 2 episodes cuz theres only 2 so far lol

and yea its kinda wak, but the fist episode when he was talkin bout how hiphop is dead, that was the realest shit said!

Art Vandelay
10-30-2008, 08:10 AM
its written by white people, you can tell, white people writing black humor is unfunny inauthentic and 1 dimensional.

i personally don't find white people as funny as black people but that's purely opinion, the fact that 1 group writing humor about another group is gonna effect the ZING of it isn't.

for the most part, i agree with the virgin. it does seem like he has too many white writers. i only watched 1 skit, where they had the intervention for the wigger...the idea was funny, but the jokes were too predictable. the only funny part about that skit is where he had the flash cards trying to reverse his language.

as far as black people being funnier than whites, i don't find that to be true. however, i think black people are funnier story tellers.

Art Vandelay
10-30-2008, 08:42 AM
i did a little research. here are the writers for chocoalet news

Jeremy Bronson- formerly supervising producer for msnbc show "hardball" has no comedy background
http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/original/Bronson2.JPG

Ian Edwards- stand up comic, has been on def comedy jam, a writer for SNL and punk'd
http://www.upfrontcomedy.co.uk/uploads/ian_edwards_3_large_colour.jpg

Hugh Moore- stand up comic, best damn sports show writer, head writer for nick cannon's wildnout
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3036/2320345174_b0a6fb1885.jpg?v=0

Bob Oschack- best damn sports show writer
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/389546767_367345688a.jpg

Diallo Riddle- DJ, Improv actor
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/bsalahudd/diallolookingcrazy.jpg

Bashir Salahuddin- actor
http://globalmc.info/images/bashir_photo.jpg

Big Risk
10-30-2008, 08:45 AM

If I catch you slip up like this again.....

TSA
10-30-2008, 09:08 AM
!LOL!

oh and i think black ppl are WAY funnier then white people, or maybe im not remembering funny white people at the moment but i rarely grind at white stand up, where as black stand up kills me

oh just in real life

like when i went to school dressed like spongebob (white TSA was patrick, it was spirit week and we do big boy things)

anyways everyone laughed, the white people made jokes about spongebob and patrick being gay or white TSA looking like a giant dick, and it was funny

but the black people reigned in with

"LOOK AT THAT NIGGAS KNEES!" Followed by an outburst of animated laughter because my knees are dark as fuck AHAHahaHAHAHahaAHahaAHHAhahahAHAHAHhahahAHHAHAHHAH !111111!!!! damn, i got ethered.

Durag
10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
^^Haha

Nah, theres a lot of funny white comedians, although i find the irish and english comedians to be a lot funnier than the american ones. White ones that is.

KERZO
10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
you should post a pic of you dressed as spongebob tsa..that would be some funny ass shit..

the show seems ok but you have to have a weird sense of humour to get it...

3-pWU6morUo

I've been shot, stabbed, hit with a brick, eloel

Art Vandelay
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
!LOL!

oh and i think black ppl are WAY funnier then white people, or maybe im not remembering funny white people at the moment but i rarely grind at white stand up, where as black stand up kills me

oh just in real life

like when i went to school dressed like spongebob (white TSA was patrick, it was spirit week and we do big boy things)

anyways everyone laughed, the white people made jokes about spongebob and patrick being gay or white TSA looking like a giant dick, and it was funny

but the black people reigned in with

"LOOK AT THAT NIGGAS KNEES!" Followed by an outburst of animated laughter because my knees are dark as fuck AHAHahaHAHAHahaAHahaAHHAhahahAHAHAHhahahAHHAHAHHAH !111111!!!! damn, i got ethered.

virgin, i partially disagree with you on the standup part. i think white people have more good stand up comics. but, if you look at the very best of the best, i think it's pretty even. i always put george carlin at #1. but after that blacks and whites pretty much evenly fill out the next several slots.... eddie murphy, richard pryor, chris rock and sam kinison would be my next four. are all fucking unbelievable. so in the top 5, you got 2 white and 3 black comics. but after that there aren't many real funny black comics. you got chappel who is great, and katt williams is so-so. steve harvey was alright, but he is way past his prime.

like rap, i like underground comedy. the funniest comedians today are Jim Florentine (he does the voice for special ed on crank yankers), rev. bob levy, nick dipaolo, bob schimmel and dave attel. the only black comedian i would throw in with those white guys is earthquake. if you don't know about him, go check him out

although i dont know what sponge bob has to do with stand up comedy, i do agree with you where black people are funnier in those situations. you've got to be quick with a comeback, or they will bury you with some "fisher price my first timbaland" shit

food for thought
10-30-2008, 10:39 AM
blacks are undoudtely better comedians.

but yea, i didnt really watch the whole 2 episodes that were aforementinoned
but from what imseeing, i think that shit is wack as fuck.

i think hes trying too hard to replicate and bite off Chapelle's style.
and all those racial jokes he makes arent even funny.