PDA

View Full Version : Old-School Cash Money Records

Sky Blue Danny Kid
10-30-2008, 06:01 PM
is dope as fuck. It is very different than the usual type of rap that I enjoy, and I wouldn't even describe it as "good rap music", but there is something about it that I love. They are also the only "bling-rap" where I sincerely enjoyed them telling me about their various cars and jewels

They don't even have any albums that I would call classic, but they have so many individual songs that are just the shit. There's a combination of manny fresh beats, stupid lyrics but dope flows, and a pleasing contrast of voices that make certain songs essential to a mix-cd.

Now I've never even listened to any of tha carters or birdman or whatever came out after 2000, but let me name a couple of songs

Shine-Is the ultimate jam, and lil weezy straight rolls. Everybody kills it, and the beat is the shit. Spring Break 99 anthem.

Get Your Shine On: It is beautiful and horrible at the same time. The perfect dichotomy.

Cash Money is an Army, Get Your Roll On, Respect My Mind, Back that Ass Up, Top of the Line Nigga, Da Magnolia

Sunshine--Off the second Juve, That Reggae Beat and that Ugly-ass chorus, I love that song.

Done Deal--My favorite Lil Wayne solo track. I don't know why.

And if you want to take it real old school, don't forget about Yellow Boy and "Drag em in the river", the mystikal diss.

Either way, they were the shit and I still sprinkle an old school cash money cut on most of my mix cds.

What do you guys think? And anyone who disagrees with me is clearly a faggot.

Respect my mind or get your brain knocked out.

And holla at a nigga if you want that Oscar Meyer

Tuly beautiful.

TGambino
10-30-2008, 06:33 PM
ur late....

11th Chamber
10-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Yea I got a good portion of the 96-2000 Cash Money shit

I Consider 400 Degreez a classic

JASPER
10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
400 Degrees is hot as fuck. Lil Turk shined on that shit.

Also, a lot of the older 3-6 mafia and Project Pat shit is fucking timeless.

Tito_Para Enfrente
10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
N E Thing Old School .. I Think Is Tight..

TSA
10-30-2008, 10:58 PM
I would call 400 degreez (as many do) classic. cause it is.

damn. i was listening to that album the other day, i grew up on it.
UTP is the grimiest shit

damn, can't fuckin find it, but it's the one where BG goes "cause a nigga get stolen, better yet get taken"

grime.

here some grime of the same sort, though this is way grimier. listening to this song makes me wanna kill niggz
ctzRWseZIjA
its not cashmoney, but oh well

drippie k
10-30-2008, 11:44 PM
cash money was the shit back in the day...juve was the best outta all of them hands down

snakesonawiggly
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
96-04 Cash Money was nuts some great shit.

The Big Tymers is some of my favorite stuff from that era Mannie and Baby are not the best rappers in the world and they will tell you that but they gelled nicely together and were fun to listen to.

I also love to Hot Boys and all four members sololy even though I cant stand current Lil Wayne and Turk fucked his life up.

But Baby and Slim are great business man they took 4 teenagers had them rap about the raw gritty street they lived and witness before anybody else did it and Kids there age going through the same shit all over the country related to it and the Hot Boys had a huge fan base.

But my main concern bout the new Hot Boys project in the works is that it will become Lil Wayne featuring The Hot Boys and that Mannie will not do the bulk of the production.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
DIS!! Dis was MY SHIT when it came out, I was only 12/13 but I remember recording on VHS off the Billboard top 20 show and rewinding it over and over.........

0M5vFwaJoBo

TSA
10-31-2008, 11:43 AM
you dont listen to cashmoney dude, your just trying to be trendy. Your a euro hip hop nerd that just recently got into rap

TSA
10-31-2008, 11:44 AM
cash money was the shit back in the day...juve was the best outta all of them hands down
co-sign, but and meth have the best voices in rap

or had, idk if he has reverse puberty or something but he sounds like a bitch now

11th Chamber
10-31-2008, 01:28 PM
UTP is the grimiest shit

damn, can't fuckin find it, but it's the one where BG goes "cause a nigga get stolen, better yet get taken"

yeaa thats my fuckin track

I could only find the chopped n screwed version on youtube, but regardless I love this shit

2XDdUYn_0AI

RynMur
10-31-2008, 02:11 PM
They made good singles, but their albums were trash. (Minus 400 Degreez)

drippie k
10-31-2008, 02:21 PM
yeaa thats my fuckin track

I could only find the chopped n screwed version on youtube, but regardless I love this shit

2XDdUYn_0AI
the only chopped n screwed version of a song i actually like, weird=:X

Sky Blue Danny Kid
10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
400 Degrees is hot as fuck. Lil Turk shined on that shit.

Also, a lot of the older 3-6 mafia and Project Pat shit is fucking timeless.

Ghetty Green was the shit. "Out There" was my shit.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
I would call 400 degreez (as many do) classic. cause it is.

UTP is the grimiest shit

damn, can't fuckin find it, but it's the one where BG goes "cause a nigga get stolen, better yet taken"

I pushed 400 degrees on the way to work today. Needless to say, it was a grimey ass day. Speaking of my griminess, when Im alone in the chrysler, and I can't help but to sing along to UPT. I also always sing "SKRRRT'n on 22s" and "Suuunshine, in the Mioddle of the night, Sunshine, Baguettes All Bright." Old School Cash Money does that to me. But most often, Old-school Wayne makes me want to sing along the most:

"Baby named me, fire Wayne, ice and change
You can catch me in an aqua Range, squattin thangs
With them twenty-two inch chopper blades
Diamond face, diamond brace
more colors that that game simon says"

The game is actually called "Simon", and i don't even know what "squattin thangs" is, but I don't give a fuck!

And my dumbass forgot Project Bitch in the original post!!!!

Everybody is the shit on that but:

this is for the ones who pop with it
an be puttin they mouth on it
an they suck everything out of it
then they catch it an swallow it
I'm Lil Weezy for sheezy
I'm off the heezy believe me
see me
I squeeze in betweezy
and then I leave it so greasy
when I come through in a Rolls Royce
I leave them with no choice
but to hop up in it an just let me make they throat moist
Ruby Red an Vodka it just carry a nigga
give me three minutes maybe four she be wantin to marry a nigga

Hollow Dartz
10-31-2008, 04:21 PM
This my shit right here.
eCOvYuCMBno

Sky Blue Danny Kid
10-31-2008, 04:34 PM
This my shit right here.
eCOvYuCMBno

Ongh.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-31-2008, 08:34 PM
No one gonna mention Hot Boys? I got back into that shit hard recently, I cant believe Wayne was only like 13 when he spat that Block Burner shit

GNzJr0VyUVg

HsmD4S2RWa0

^^my favorite track