PDA

View Full Version : New York In The 80's

>ThaGoldenChild<
10-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I often try to picture the Hip Hop scene around this time in Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, all the boroughs. I hear it in verses and I'm curious if anyone here was a part of that, if so explain.

Was there block parties, live battles, what was played the most, B-Boys, the attire, chicken wings & french fries, much marijuanna involved?????

Cause one things for sure, I know for a fact that Hip Hop at that time had a completley different view from that of now. I dream of the day I could go to house parties here in LA and hear songs from BDP, Public Enemy, The DOC, EPMD, King Tee, Get Fresh Crew & NWA.
Remember Schooly D lol

Tito
10-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Where In L.a. Do U Stay At ?

OR IS IT .. LOUSIANA ?

>ThaGoldenChild<
11-01-2008, 01:29 AM
I stay in Los Angeles county, in the San Gabriel Valley, I use to stay in the city though.

JerseyIronman
11-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I often try to picture the Hip Hop scene around this time in Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, all the boroughs. I hear it in verses and I'm curious if anyone here was a part of that, if so explain.

Was there block parties, live battles, what was played the most, B-Boys, the attire, chicken wings & french fries, much marijuanna involved?????

Cause one things for sure, I know for a fact that Hip Hop at that time had a completley different view from that of now. I dream of the day I could go to house parties here in LA and hear songs from BDP, Public Enemy, The DOC, EPMD, King Tee, Get Fresh Crew & NWA.
Remember Schooly D lol

Man i guess you havent read Irondan1's sig yet...

"Everyone on this site is a 17-year-old European and/or they live in their mom's basement."

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
four part documentary from the 80's.

LfW0N0rFTMY

>ThaGoldenChild<
11-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I love the DJing Grandmaster was putting down, the thought of Premo in the beginning of the "Classic" music video came into mind during that. I have a small DJ program on my computer and I often loop songs and just play around with it. Dope video, all four elements at play of course.

Man i guess you havent read Irondan1's sig yet...

"Everyone on this site is a 17-year-old European and/or they live in their mom's basement."

I caught his sig a few days ago but I'm 19 and not European, despite that I do my history son. Im always up for a lesson in Hip Hop culture.

Sgt Holly Wood
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Where In L.a. Do U Stay At ?

OR IS IT .. LOUSIANA ?
this post just made me laugh od for some reason

Maccabee Ridah
11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
four part documentary from the 80's.

LfW0N0rFTMY

Dope find man...

Thanx...

P.E.A.C.E.