PDA

View Full Version : Forty Creek > Crown Royal

Prolifical ENG
11-01-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/images/awards/img_awardsfull3.gif

This is a Canadian that consumes a lot of whisky telling you whats the better Canadian whisky is.

This thread is to show you a good Canadian whisky thats easy on the pocket. I'm just irritated how you Americans overhype that Crown Royal shit. Then when you go to any Canadian's house, they serve that shit to you like they're giving you something special all because of the American overhype. Forty Creek is a better tasting whisky than Crown Royal and its cheaper.

Now tell me some good Kentucky Burbons are good, just don't post The Beam and no Tennessee whiskies, it all tastes like vomit.

Oh yeah, I do spell whisk(e)y without the "e". The Scots and Candians do it while the Americans and Irish have that stupid e.

GENERAL WISE
11-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Wild Turkey.

Visionz
11-01-2008, 10:58 PM
people will tell you something like either Woodford Reserve or maybe Maker's Mark but I still prefer a good scotch over the bourbon

I'd like to add that a good tequila is underated as a sipping liquor. The good stuff has a complexity to it that you won't find in a bottle of cuervo (though the Tradicional is pretty good)

12weLvE
11-02-2008, 11:09 AM
They have that up here in Buffalo, I might have to try it.

KERZO
11-02-2008, 11:18 AM
yeah wild turkey is the shiznit..gives ya one hell of a kick...kinda like lambs navy rum -

http://www.drinksdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Lambs_Navy_Rum_70cl.jpg

*dynamite in a bottle*

Prolifical ENG
11-02-2008, 01:12 PM
people will tell you something like either Woodford Reserve or maybe Maker's Mark but I still prefer a good scotch over the bourbon

that woodford is one of the better ones i like...probably my #1.

my whisky collection is like 80% single malt scotch.

Visionz
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
that woodford is one of the better ones i like...probably my #1.

my whisky collection is like 80% single malt scotch.
even Woodford isn't better to me than say Dewar's White Label and it usually cost less.

What's your take on tequila as a whole?

SKANK HILL
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
matisse ...

Dokuro
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
dont drink anything from canadana the onle thing i like from that "country" is savvier man new episode this friday

Prolifical ENG
11-02-2008, 04:54 PM
even Woodford isn't better to me than say Dewar's White Label and it usually cost less.

What's your take on tequila as a whole?

i know what you mean. some people that like scotch arent fond of burbons and vise versa.

For my favourite inexpensive blended scotch it's Teacher's.

tequilas for girls. not really.... but the only time i find im drinking tequilas is with a bunch of girls.

Prolifical ENG
02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Update: Alright Visions I looked into the tequila...theres a fancy bar with those tequilas and everything. To tell you the truth the exceptional tequilas and bourbons are still reasonably priced compared to the single malt scotches.

Maker's Mark, my bro got me 1L of it at the duty free shop in Vegas for my birthday and I think its better than the Woodford.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-02-2009, 05:36 PM
This is an Australia who drinks no whisky telling you that rappers drink Crown Royal in a lot of videos, and i am not giving up that lifestyle.

Prolifical ENG
02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I havent seen them drinking CR....only Raekwon and Ghost about to pour some in their (looks like) Lipton chicken noodle soup....on the inside cover of Bulletproof Wallets.

Those rappers are always drinking Henessey and Remy in the videos....Crown Royal isnt baller to drink....only for soup or marinating your pork chops....live da lifestyle!

KERZO
02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Update: Alright Visions I looked into the tequila...theres a fancy bar with those tequilas and everything. To tell you the truth the exceptional tequilas and bourbons are still reasonably priced compared to the single malt scotches.

Maker's Mark, my bro got me 1L of it at the duty free shop in Vegas for my birthday and I think its better than the Woodford.

you know your drink, profeng...... when i clicked on the thread i intended to mention makers mark as the smoothest and most pleasurable bourbon that ive layed my lips on...you also cant beat a goood bottle of french martell cognac.

SKANK HILL
02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
makers mark is dope ... haven't had a bottle in a few months though

matisse is still dope in 2009