PDA

View Full Version : where has the flow gone?

Shogah
11-03-2008, 05:56 AM
I was listening recently a lot of new stuff, and i wonder where has the flow gone?
I mean i just listened that song from busta rhymes and linkin park, and also some new song with lil wayne and game, What the Fuck!!!???

That beats are so SLOOOOOOOOOW that i could easily rhyme to that shit without problems and sound quite good(and i don't even rap).

I don't now if it is some kind of a joke or what, but just listen to that shit. Listen to fuckin lolipop, and actualy every rap song that is considered mainstream

I don't have problem with commerical stuff but this is HUMILIATING for hip hop. They rap over these slow tempo beats like a 10 year old children...
what is with busta? i can't believe that it was him when i heard that linkin park joint!!

Chamilionare, is great example of commercial rap but with good flow. He would killed
every rapper that is currently getting played on mtv...

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-03-2008, 06:03 AM
youre right about rappers like Game, he doesnt try to posess any type of flow. I dont really know why he became so popular.

But the kings of flowin are all in the South now. Luda, Wayne, Jeezy, Gucci, Andre 3k, are leading the way. Juelz aswell though.

NY used to have people like Mos Def, who was one of the illest flowiscits is the game, but theres too many rappers copying Jigga now, and forgetting to flow. I think Styles P got somthing.

I cant believe you said Chamilliaire, did you see him get taught a lesson on flow by Slick Rick on that Cop song they did together?

Shogah
11-03-2008, 06:31 AM
i said chamilionare just because he was very popular and accepted from wide audience with ridin' dirty, but honestly that's only song from him that i know...

I don't listen much to mainstream nowadays and i am not into the new rap scene, i am just telling by what i see on television and in the media.

And i wonder why a lot of these songs that get played on mtv have these slow ass beats. I'm ok with all that new copmmercial sound, but why SO SLOOW.

Have you listened WE MADE IT?
Whaat happened with busta??

MY LIFE?
What kind of flow is that? I know game used to be much better.

these are just two examples of rap that is widely broadcasted but the flow is just garbage. There is many more but i actualy can't remember the artists..

THE MASON
11-03-2008, 09:01 AM
i try not to listen to the radio or watch MTV or any of that shit. They just have bullshit views on music anyways, its who ever has the money at the time, so they play them the media jumps on any bandwagon it can.

for the most part i listen to shit from the 90's to early 2000's but there is some newer shit i dont mind.

im just not a fan of the southern style rap, it just aint my steez.

and yo Mos Def is still and ill lyririst, True Magic drop couple years ago and he can rock a mic still

BIG D O
11-03-2008, 11:11 AM
everything is getting dumbed down man.....

these new hip-hop fans don't like anything too complex--from their beats to their lyrics if it's a lil' more uptempo or requires a big attention span they ain't with it.....

the labels know this and they encourage artist's to fuck with certain producer's who can make retard rap....

sad really...used to be able to tune into BET or even MTV and catch some seriously dope Hip-Hop music....

GhettoGnom
11-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Thread starter mistakes flow and speed..

Rapping over slow beats, hell, rapping slowly over slow beats don't mean the flow is bad.

Educate yourself:
PdEH4vpi1oY

JamSix
11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
This thread is as pointless as wearin a dome for brains, its as if you niggas are surprized that the mainstream typically is not good, where you been your whole life? This aint fuckin' news, and if you're going to restrict what you listen to based on how old something is thats just ignorant, theres shit been droppin' this year better than the so called 'golden age', you just aint checkin for it and cant put aside your hating principals.

>ThaGoldenChild<
11-03-2008, 01:53 PM

these new hip-hop fans don't like anything too complex--from their beats to their lyrics if it's a lil' more uptempo or requires a big attention span they ain't with it.....

the labels know this and they encourage artist's to fuck with certain producer's who can make retard rap....

sad really...used to be able to tune into BET or even MTV and catch some seriously dope Hip-Hop music....

Word. It's like a huge conspiracy and I just dont get it.

When I heard about the Busta and Linkin Park track I didnt frown, Hip Hop and Rock have history together but I still havnt listen to it so I cant necassarily call it.

The Game and Lil Wayne song is a different story. Games credibility to me staggers alot and I just wasnt feelin My Life.

We just need to accept the fact that the media will most likley never return to the state of mind from that of the 90s.

Afficial_Nastee
11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah Busta Rhymes ain't wild no more like in the 90's....
He ain't got that wild style no more which I liked....

TGambino
11-03-2008, 02:35 PM
are u sure u kno what flow means?

check out tha ABN album..yea i kno that aint 'mainstream' but still......and Jay Z - Jockin Jay Z....T.I. - Whats Happenin....theres a lot of ill shit out now so stop whinin jus cuz u cant find it or dont wanna listen 2 it for whatever reason..

n Busta has to try new stuff or else he wouldn't b around anymore cuz thats what happens when u dont keep wit the times....lets say maybe he got a bad rep from 30% of hip hop fans now but if he was doin tha same ol shit he wouldn't have a rep at all cuz he'd b sittin at home collectin royalty checks from that wack HAlloween movie he did...so dont dis a artist cuz he gotta do somethin different after 15 years....jus bcuz you missed it when he did it the first time aint the artist's prob it jus means ur late

Afficial_Nastee
11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Also this thread concentrates too much on the shit that's on tv, but don't take that too serious....

There's still some dope underground stuff with mad dope flow so you betta go check that out....

If you're looking for flow, don't switch on the tv in 2008.... You gotta be diggin' in the crates or some shit like that haha....

>ThaGoldenChild<
11-03-2008, 06:02 PM
^ I think everyone on this thread is aware that.

Oh yeah 4sho, I'd agree T.I. is holdin it down right now. He's grown on me significantly over time and Luda's always had those Ohhhh-punchlines. I'm not sure who said it on which thread that the South is puttin in their work and I would say the same.

Example, Bun B. He's spittin it raw right now.

PsYkOsUs
11-03-2008, 11:57 PM
I was listening recently a lot of new stuff, and i wonder where has the flow gone?
I mean i just listened that song from busta rhymes and linkin park, and also some new song with lil wayne and game, What the Fuck!!!???

That beats are so SLOOOOOOOOOW that i could easily rhyme to that shit without problems and sound quite good(and i don't even rap).

I don't now if it is some kind of a joke or what, but just listen to that shit. Listen to fuckin lolipop, and actualy every rap song that is considered mainstream

I don't have problem with commerical stuff but this is HUMILIATING for hip hop. They rap over these slow tempo beats like a 10 year old children...
what is with busta? i can't believe that it was him when i heard that linkin park joint!!

Chamilionare, is great example of commercial rap but with good flow. He would killed
every rapper that is currently getting played on mtv...

-- I've got it.. No joke..
www.myspace.com/psykosus (http://www.myspace.com/psykosus)
www.soundclick.com/psykosus (http://www.soundclick.com/psykosus)

EAGLE EYE
11-04-2008, 01:11 AM
bun b is the man

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-04-2008, 01:29 AM

i try not to listen to the radio or watch MTV or any of that shit. They just have bullshit views on music anyways, its who ever has the money at the time, so they play them the media jumps on any bandwagon it can.

for the most part i listen to shit from the 90's to early 2000's but there is some newer shit i dont mind.

im just not a fan of the southern style rap, it just aint my steez.

and yo Mos Def is still and ill lyririst, True Magic drop couple years ago and he can rock a mic still

yeah it so true either way i don't listen too much new stuff but young dudes like Wale and Charles Hamilton have flow and still yet keep simple lyrically so it depends on preference MOP doesn't really have flow but yet Jadakiss has got flow even if it sometimes sounds slightly gassed. so like it said it depends on preference Ghost got allot flow check his collabo wit Cormega where he just slaughtered it or peep Joe Budden, Joell, Royce, etc. on "Slaughterhouse" who all got flow except Nino Bless that wasn't that nice i was feeling sons flow at all so it depends on preference.

Dirty Knowledge
11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I think Styles P got somthing.

Styles P stays underrated.