PDA

View Full Version : the reason why most people never get anywhere in life is

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-05-2008, 01:43 PM
because they are afraid to think big,they are afraid of what society will think of them if they think beyond the norm,they are afraid to take the initiative and walk to that label,that office,that ceo and give themselves the chance, they are afraid of rejection and even when they face rejection,they let it consume them to the point of giving up. People are also too relaxed these days,too content, just because you make enough to pay rent and buy a car doesnt mean its the end of the road,when farmers plant crops,they dont just reap their 1st harvest and call it a day,they sow more seeds and hope for a better harvest than the 1st,most people are afraid of failiure but what they dont understand is that failure is the ultimate lesson,the ultimate inspiration so they doubt and remain skeptical

my advice for the day folks, say no to tall the things i mentioned above and do the opposite of em

discuss and leave ya comments on this

Longbongcilvaringz
11-05-2008, 01:57 PM
But you're assuming that a person who is content earning just enough to pay is content in some lesser fashion than someone who has "gotten somewhere" and is content.

I know it might seem like an easy way out, or something like that, but i think a lot of people are genuinely content achieving simple goals like paying rent, and then devoting the rest of their time to whatever makes them happy.

People are contented by different things.

To me, the only thing you can make of your life on a personal level, is being as happy as possible.

Additionally, whether or not you harm or aid others might determine if you "get anywhere".

Blackula Spectacula
11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
nice art work on your sig pat

Longbongcilvaringz
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
It's my new thing.

I'm working on some pretty large beats (row boat has heard one particularly heavy one).

I'm trying to win every wu corp award this year (and make something of my life)

TSA
11-05-2008, 02:25 PM
^AHAHAHahaAAHAHAH!

yeah, getting somewhere in life is in the eye of the beholder, and when ppl 'get somewhere in life' and are miserable, alone, or unhappy then all that getting somewhere is a hollow expression.

i personally wouldn't feel content just being able to pay the rent and buy a car, i gotta do big fingzz, but not everybody wants to, feels the need to, or takes pride in big fingzz.

motherfuck death row, aiyo here comes my left blow is what i say.

SKAMPOE
11-05-2008, 02:53 PM
once u doo big thangs, the govmnt or the higher power is always oversseing every thing u doo,

i much rather do ma thang in a small scale where as imthe hnic, than do real big thangs but for the price of being a fuckin puppet!

DanTheMan1
11-05-2008, 03:49 PM
well all this shit is kinda true but at the end of the all you need is at least some fucking money to be able to start something and a good idea.
when i got the money dont have a good idea and when i got a good idea i dont have the dough...its fucked up

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-05-2008, 04:10 PM
everything starts with a plan my friends

$inista
11-05-2008, 04:23 PM
true.. positive & motivational speech there I hear you gravey but sum niggas on wucorp are content with spending countless hours posting on internet forums instead of doing something really constructive with them selves

ilzPotent
11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
LOL - Werd or just staying home sleeping.....

Cash Rulez Everything Around Me.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-05-2008, 06:19 PM
once u doo big thangs, the govmnt or the higher power is always oversseing every thing u doo,

i much rather do ma thang in a small scale where as imthe hnic, than do real big thangs but for the price of being a fuckin puppet!

thats defeatist and paranoid. You are exactly what he is talking about. Right off the bat your cutting yourself off...

come on skampeezy

DJMethods
11-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Watch where I get in da life. I'll come back when i gots my millions and shout everyone coo' a trip to amsterdam.

Not cause i wanna meet them, i just dont think they've had enough pussy.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
this dj's like a mad cunt pigeon faced bastard is rite

SKAMPOE
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
pigeon faced killa

DJMethods
11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA LIL SKEEZY

I want my name changed to that shit

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 10:45 AM
some people came in this thread and proved my point

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
true.. positive & motivational speech there I hear you gravey but sum niggas on wucorp are content with spending countless hours posting on internet forums instead of doing something really constructive with them selves

Ok, this is a bit of topic.

But i was watching a interview with Chappelle, after he came back from Africa.

And it's that whole thing, people can't believe he turned down $55m.

But it doesn't matter how "successful" you are if you're not content.

People need to stop thinking that what they are happy with, and what they think is success, applies universally.

A man who spends the rest of his life watching television and is ecstatic because he does so, is more "successful in life" than some abhorrent mother fucker who makes millions extorting thousands of people.

It depends what goals you have, and whether these goals are material and superficial, or not.

THE W
11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
It depends what goals you have, and whether these goals are material and superficial, or not.

thats pretty much it.

a person has to ask themself if they are happy and content with their current life situation. if they are then they're set and if not they need to make changes.

why people dont:

laziness and fear

$inista
11-06-2008, 11:29 AM
thats pretty much it.

a person has to ask themself if they are happy and content with their current life situation. if they are then they're set and if not they need to make changes.

why people dont:

laziness and fear

I think most people are not content with their situation but more or less comfortable with their situation so they settle or give up instead of going after their aspirations in life

I also agree with laziness and fear

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 11:33 AM
^^thats more like it,i dont think anyone in life is ever happy wit being the lower form of societys standards,they might act like it but deep down,it doesnt settle right with em

Tage
11-06-2008, 11:34 AM
my aspirations have just been fucked in the ass.... was given 2 weeks noticed on monday from my job.

while i was at this job my ex-girl has had a kid with someone else.

so next week this time... ima be sittin on my ass thinkin about what to do next.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
and thats where it starts,with a thought my friend,thats a good start

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Certainly, if your a lazy slob, and you hate yourself for this, then that definitely isn't good...

I look at my personal situation (and i am pretty much happy 95% of the time) and basically realise that i will most likely end up doing something which i don't particularly like, for a long period of time.

It will probably be deemed as a fair "success", but i admire people who have the balls to do whatever makes them happy, regardless of if this has any financial viability or not.

Tage
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
well the job i have at the moment literally gives me freedom to run the company on some days, doing everything involved... selling (dealing with customers), designing and manufacturing signs.

i dont see myself getting a job like that anytime soon.

what i plan on doing is getting a lame ass job... but having a sick social life etc... so shit balances out. as... for the past few months i havent had a decent social life with my work situation.

so hopefully the balance will swing in a positive direction.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
It's all about that balance.

TAURO
11-06-2008, 12:16 PM
because they are afraid to think big,they are afraid of what society will think of them if they think beyond the norm,they are afraid to take the initiative and walk to that label,that office,that ceo and give themselves the chance, they are afraid of rejection and even when they face rejection,they let it consume them to the point of giving up. People are also too relaxed these days,too content, just because you make enough to pay rent and buy a car doesnt mean its the end of the road,when farmers plant crops,they dont just reap their 1st harvest and call it a day,they sow more seeds and hope for a better harvest than the 1st,most people are afraid of failiure but what they dont understand is that failure is the ultimate lesson,the ultimate inspiration so they doubt and remain skeptical

my advice for the day folks, say no to tall the things i mentioned above and do the opposite of em

discuss and leave ya comments on this

I agree but it's easy for you to say, you're a rich kid most likely with a trust fund. For us regular folk it's alot harder trying to follow our dream. I have to not only look after myself but I have to support my mother as well which is no easy task since im not exactly rolling in it. Im not going to get into it but she is a retired old woman and it's my responsibilty to make sure she is taken care off seeing as her pension doesn't amount to much, meanwhile im dealing with the harsh realitys of everyday life with no one to support me so please spare us the holier than thou speech.

Peace.

Robert
11-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Snap!

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
lol i used to be broke as shit back then,how do u think i got to where i am,i worked hard for all what i got my friend,trust me,i wasnt always successful,do u know ive slept in hallways before??? so it isnt jst easy for me to say,its speaking from experience

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2008, 12:28 PM
TAURO kaim frew wif da reality rap heat.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Ok, gravey kaim frew wif da heat also, but i can honestly say i've had it good my whole life, with absolutely no hardship.

Nothing at all.

Feel free to flame me.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 12:35 PM
trheres nothing wrong with that man,growing up wasnt too bad for me,its when i moved out of my parents crib that shit got outta hand,i know what it feels like to go days without food in the fridge,to have nowhere to live,to wonder what tomorrow is gonna be like but unlike other folks,i didnt sit down and whine and whine about my situation,i got my ass up and made moves from nothing...thats what im tryna say with this thread, giving up is for pussies,its never late to make sometrhing happen with ya life

TAURO
11-06-2008, 12:37 PM
lol i used to be broke as shit back then,how do u think i got to where i am,i worked hard for all what i got my friend,trust me,i wasnt always successful,do u know ive slept in hallways before??? so it isnt jst easy for me to say,its speaking from experience

Im not saying you've had a full easy ride because I don't know anything about your life, all I know is what you have posted here and I could have sworn at some point you mentioned you had a rich family.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
oh yea,my family was well to do but that money is theirs,not mine,i had to grow up and get into the real world and deal with shit myself,if u know anything about african families ,its that they dont do the whole trust fund or financial secure thing,once you old enough to do you,you on your own, and that happened for me since 18 so its not been as easy for me

TAURO
11-06-2008, 12:41 PM
trheres nothing wrong with that man,growing up wasnt too bad for me,its when i moved out of my parents crib that shit got outta hand,i know what it feels like to go days without food in the fridge,to have nowhere to live,to wonder what tomorrow is gonna be like but unlike other folks,i didnt sit down and whine and whine about my situation,i got my ass up and made moves from nothing...thats what im tryna say with this thread, giving up is for pussies,its never late to make sometrhing happen with ya life

Yes but you chose to break out and live that harder life, I didn't have an option, im not trying to take anything away from you Shifter I assure you thats not my intention but don't be so quick to label people pussies for giving up their dreams for practical reasons.

And for the record I haven't given up on my dreams.

Peace.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Yes but you chose to break out and live that harder life, I didn't have an option, im not trying to take anything away from you Shifter I assure you thats not my intention but don't be so quick to label people pussies for giving up their dreams for practical reasons.

And for the record I haven't given up on my dreams.

Peace.

oh i know this and dont mistake me,i totally understand where u coming from man,i cant sit here and pretend like i can identify with some other peoples struggles no doubt,but i can atleast help cats learn what i learnt from someone who saw me giving up on myself, and maybe my whole analogy might not totally be right but thats the beauty about discussions right? we always come to what i call a "control hypothesis"

Longbongcilvaringz
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
This is a good thread.

ilzPotent
11-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I am somebody. I will be more. Thank you.

The Hound
11-06-2008, 12:58 PM
the reason why most people never get anywhere in life is because their fird eye isn't open ...

Self
King
And
Master
Power
Cipher
Equality ...

--------------

DanTheMan1
11-06-2008, 02:16 PM
this all might be true but what about people who have responsibilities, rents to pay, kids to feed. You cant just go and tell a 40-50year old man with family to quit his job and try some other business to earn more dough. You might end with still less than you used to have....all this shit is chained with high risks

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
you guys have understood it alll fucking wrong folks

what im saying is this,lets say a 40 year old man has a job, and lets say he is at the entry level off the job,im saying,strive to get to the top rank of that job,dont just stay content,try and work towards pay raises,promotions etc,for instance,lets say the job requires a manager, and u know that maybe u need to have a masters to get there,try and achieve it,trust me,ive seen alotta cats do it with families and they are happy with climbing up the ladder,im not saying quit what u doing to find something else,the real lesson of this thread is simple

give yourself a chance