PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama just won the election...

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
... and they still got faggots on wucorp that try to act like 8 Diagrams wasn't a classic. Wake the fuck up.

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I oughta slap the shit outta ya'll.

GBUILDING
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm witchu! 8 DIAGRAMS is still the shit to me. I just dont give a fuck. I bumps the shit outta dat joint.

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
word, family. I ain't seen a dope, dope ass album like this shitted on since Nas dropped It was written.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-05-2008, 03:23 PM
IMO not a classic. Some of the wu members got lazy, man....INS is one of them.

My fav. three emcee's on the album were Ghost, GZA and Uey, all the others had at least one thing that really bothered me.....u should compare it to other albums IMO.

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 03:28 PM
IMO not a classic. Some of the wu members got lazy, man....INS is one of them.

My fav. three emcee's on the album were Ghost, GZA and Uey, all the others had at least one thing that really bothered me.....u should compare it to other albums IMO.

It was a classic. fuck what u heard. Ya'll n!ggas go out the way to praise corny sh!t like Warcloud and mediocre shit like the Almighty album but shit on 8 Diagrams. That shit is inexcusable and the clown niggas that shit on this album should be exposed for the pussies they are....startin wit that dweeb shaolin ass.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm not saying it isn't a nice album, but it is disappointing for me. I can understand if u really enjoy listening to it, I listened to like three songs from it just today.

But there are some problems with the album and I am not that type to name every album I like a classic.

For one, u can hear how everyone already peaked a few years ago [let's not bullshit ourselves, Forever is the peak for most of the Clan.] Some rappers keep it really dope still [Ghostface and Raekwon are who they are, U-God kills the album], but some fell down in quality and even changed styles too much.....INS for one was incredible in the nineties, even his debut solo album isn't bad at all......but I he isn't as good anymore. U can't bullshit me, u can bullshit yourself, but not me. Same goes for RZA. Altho RZA still shows his brilliance here and there...

Ok, but what has Warcloud or Almighty to do with all this. It's different ish, if u don't like it, ok. IMO u missing out, but everyone have his own taste in music.

elantratuner
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Ya Obama!

whitey
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
It was a classic. fuck what u heard. Ya'll n!ggas go out the way to praise corny sh!t like Warcloud and mediocre shit like the Almighty album but shit on 8 Diagrams. That shit is inexcusable and the clown niggas that shit on this album should be exposed for the pussies they are....startin wit that dweeb shaolin ass.

ill second that.

LORD ZERO
11-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Lol
8 Diagrams Is Trash
The [s]election Was Staged

DrunkenMasta303
11-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I oughta slap the shit outta ya'll.
http://images.inmagine.com/img/imagestate/ss138/hw1859.jpg

http://images.inmagine.com/img/imagestate/ss138/hw1850.jpg
It was a classic. fuck what u heard

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Rino, u a puss. Do u realize where u from? Do the research. once u realize that ain't nann nigga from deutschland ever had a good opinion on any kinda real hip hop than u can address the kid.

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 05:12 PM
8 Diagrams is genius...and I don't even like most the shit Wu comes out wit these days. Genius album. Dope rhymes. Dope beats.

Jin10304
11-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Dope beats & "Unpredictable" dont go together.

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Dope beats & "Unpredictable" dont go together.

u dumb wild. The Unpredictable on the album is crazy. Much better than the originally leaked version.

Jin10304
11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
The guitars on Unpredictable are fucking SHIT, the original was much better, hell RZA's verse was way better on that too. I couldnt stand listening to that shit because my head & ears were still ringing I could barely concentrate on HGW. I had to download Unpredictable [Good Bad Ugly Version]. CLEAR SOUNDING Deck (no guitars drowning him out), NO GUITARS, ORIGINAL & better RZA verse and to top it the sample from the movie for the intro/outro. THAT Unpredictable bangs hard.

KZA
11-05-2008, 06:52 PM
8 diagrams isn't a classic deal with it. there was only 2-5 tracks that were bangers the rest were medicore.

how the fuck is 8 diagrams a "classic" when the album was released almost a year ago.

WuBizzie
11-05-2008, 07:14 PM
8 diagrams isn't a classic deal with it. there was only 2-5 tracks that were bangers the rest were medicore.

how the fuck is 8 diagrams a "classic" when the album was released almost a year ago.

what the fuck the album coming out almost a year ago have to do about it bein classic, Eggbert? Shit had nuttin but dope tracks. Sit ya ass down.

THE W
11-05-2008, 07:20 PM
It was a classic. fuck what u heard.

you cant prove that.

Gitche Manito
11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
you cant prove that.
Yes, here's proof:

8 Diagrams is a classic album. I don't give a fuck who made it, Wu-Tang, RZA, Shaolin', The Hip-Hop Hippie, the album sounds fucking good, period.

You guys go find yourselves a pair of ears and come back later to discuss real music.

Morons.

THE W
11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
^^i rest my case

Prolifical ENG
11-05-2008, 09:55 PM
ze 8 diagrams ist classic

Gitche Manito
11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
ze 8 diagrams ist classic

This Ontarian (lol) knows what he's talking aboot. A.

Prolifical ENG
11-05-2008, 10:08 PM
i only like the french sometimes. but tonight my glass is stemless.

KZA
11-05-2008, 10:15 PM
what the fuck the album coming out almost a year ago have to do about it bein classic, Eggbert? Shit had nuttin but dope tracks. Sit ya ass down.

wow someone must be ragging it. 8 diagrams was 7/10 at best. if someone doesn't like the album you have to talk shit to them way to go. elitist

Clan Destine
11-05-2008, 11:20 PM
What the fuck does Obama winning the election have to do with 8 diagrams?

ZiG 9th
11-05-2008, 11:50 PM
My thoughts exactly! I'm like huh? wtf?

But anyway to the thread starter the album isn't classic! Maybe in your own personal opinion it is but to the majority we know better. The album is half way decent. Itz not terrible. But far from a classic tho! It has some good songs on there. But It can't fuck with the likes of the juggernuat Wu-Tang Forever! Or heavyweights like Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban linx, and Ironman! Those are real classic albums right there! I'm not even sure it can fuck with The W?

What the fuck does Obama winning the election have to do with 8 diagrams?

mantis_fist
11-05-2008, 11:54 PM
The guitars on Unpredictable are fucking SHIT, the original was much better, hell RZA's verse was way better on that too. I couldnt stand listening to that shit because my head & ears were still ringing I could barely concentrate on HGW. I had to download Unpredictable [Good Bad Ugly Version]. CLEAR SOUNDING Deck (no guitars drowning him out), NO GUITARS, ORIGINAL & better RZA verse and to top it the sample from the movie for the intro/outro. THAT Unpredictable bangs hard.

Was there ever a full version of this song? Or just the one from the loud mixtape where the RZA verse cuts off? I also agree the mixtape version is better.

Someone please upload a full version if you can.

Cheers!

JamSix
11-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Campfire ruined by Cap...

We gotta get more cake together, so we could branch out
Preserve land, get a boat and a ranch house
Call me a dreamer, but I hustle for real
You thought that I fell off but now I'm attackin the field
All in Chicago, grindin, puttin it down
Crush blocks of MC's, I ain't playin around
Yo you heard me on The Bassment, givin it to 'em
Fake dudes hidin theyself, but I could see through 'em
Diggler, what? I'm tryin to live and raise kids
While you throwin up ya sign, I'm layin 'em down kid
Plus I'm back home now, doin my thing
Thirty dollars to Medina just to cop me a ring

Tarpit ruined by Cap...

We might have to 8 Diagram one of y'all MC's
We grind everyday and we hustle for cheese
Got our face on the front of CD's, we off the hook
W.T.C. y'all soft and shook
Y'all not built like the Cuban Linx Clan that get CREAM
And back heads down every time we sing
Give us a hundred grand for a show, let us rock
For more money, more chicks, more private stock

Any CD with verses that shitty cannot even come close to scratching the surface of a classic, 8D is almost as irrelevant as the thread starter. The album is awful, it sold like 400 copies, clean that shit out your ears. WTC is dead.

Jin10304
11-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Yo mantis I got you, it doesnt literally cut off after RZA's verse but snippets of the intro are replayed again & rolls actually perfectly into HGW

http://rapidshare.com/files/161108926/05_Unpredictable.wma.html

Gitche Manito
11-06-2008, 04:29 AM
My thoughts exactly! I'm like huh? wtf?

But anyway to the thread starter the album isn't classic! Maybe in your own personal opinion it is but to the majority we know better. The album is half way decent. Itz not terrible. But far from a classic tho! It has some good songs on there. But It can't fuck with the likes of the juggernuat Wu-Tang Forever! Or heavyweights like Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban linx, and Ironman! Those are real classic albums right there! I'm not even sure it can fuck with The W?

8 Diagrams is very different from The W.

The difference being that when I listen to The W I can press stop anytime. The songs are good but the album as a whole has nothing special.

On the other hand, once 8 Diagrams reaches its halfway point I find it very hard to press the stop button. I even have to take detours when I'm riding in order to let the album finish. The songs are part of a whole.

Never listened to Sunlight out of its context, and I can't imagine the effect it would have. Maybe I'd go like you tracklist people and find it just average, but at the heart of 8 Diagrams it's just perfect.

Ritter
11-06-2008, 04:43 AM
8 Diagrams is very different from The W.

The difference being that when I listen to The W I can press stop anytime. The songs are good but the album as a whole has nothing special.

On the other hand, once 8 Diagrams reaches its halfway point I find it very hard to press the stop button. I even have to take detours when I'm riding in order to let the album finish. The songs are part of a whole.

Never listened to Sunshine out of its context, and I can't imagine the effect it would have. Maybe I'd go like you tracklist people and find it just average, but at the heart of 8 Diagrams it's just perfect.

At least I'm not the only one that thinks 8 Diagrams is great.

Not better than The W, but it's superior to Iron Flag and most of the stuff released post-W (Most of the stuff).

There's no skip track on 8 Diagrams, although Dexter Wiggles annoys me a real huggy bunch, so I guess Unpredictable is the only bad track on there.

I mean just take all the tracks.

1.Campfire <---- banger
2.Take It Back <---- classic
3.Get Them Out Ya Way Pa <---- near-classic
4.Rushing Elephants <---- banger
5.Unpredictable ft Dexter Wiggles <---- semi-weak
6.Heart Gently Weeps ft Erykah Badu <---- near-classic/classic
7.Wolves ft George Clinton <---- near-classic/classic
8.Gun Will Go <---- one of the best wu songs ever
9.Sunlight <---- banger, although not in that sense of the word
10.Stick Me For My Riches ft Gerald Alston <---- banger
11.Starter ft Sunny Valentine/Tash Mahogany <---- good track
12.Windmill <---- classic
13.Weak Spot <---- near-classic/classic
14.Life Changes <---- good track
15.Tar Pit ft George Clinton <---- banger
16.16th Chamber (O.D.B. special) <---- banger

Gitche Manito
11-06-2008, 04:52 AM
14.Life Changes <---- good track

Yup, even that is a really good track if you feel it the right way.

It's an emotional track. I used to have a hard time getting into it, but one time I felt the emotion in it, and now I really like it.

It's a sad track. It's the only way to look at it. I'm even glad Ghost wasn't on it, 'cos you can't take Ghost seriously. He's a clown.

Ritter
11-06-2008, 05:13 AM
It's a sad track. It's the only way to look at it. I'm even glad Ghost wasn't on it, 'cos you can't take Ghost seriously. He's a clown.

His best verse (imo) is on Impossible. How can you think he's a clown?

hom1e
11-06-2008, 05:28 AM
8D is almost as irrelevant as the thread starter. The album is awful, it sold like 400 copies, clean that shit out your ears. WTC is dead.

"Fuck around, and be statistic" I'll said once its a classic and I'll stay with it but some tracks was way better, some changes was bad, and 2 tracks was garbage - Get Them Out Ya Way Pa only Baby U saved it and sunlight - sorry it ain't RZA album...

Gitche Manito
11-06-2008, 06:12 AM
His best verse (imo) is on Impossible. How can you think he's a clown?

I tell you what, the Impossible style and I Can't Go To Sleep style I can't stand.

I like him way better when he has a normal flow, if you can call his flows normal. I think he has the best flow in hip-hop. I've always said Ghost has mad talent, but the whinning style is not my shit at all.

To me Impossible is a huge track because of the beat, U-God, RZA, Raekwon's speech, Tekitah but Ghost is just ok (for me) on that track.

I have a really hard time taking him seriously on I Can't Go To Sleep.

DrunkenMasta303
11-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Rino, u a puss. Do u realize where u from? Do the research. once u realize that ain't nann nigga from deutschland ever had a good opinion on any kinda real hip hop than u can address the kid.

well speakin of that^...almost every hiphop magazine here in deutschland gave 8Diagrams the HIGHSCORE, also its generally known that euros have a better opinion in hiphop than americans, i mean we bump wutang...yall praise clowns like soulja boy LOL WTF?!?

Ritter
11-06-2008, 08:55 AM
well speakin of that^...almost every hiphop magazine here in deutschland gave 8Diagrams the HIGHSCORE, also its generally known that euros have a better opinion in hiphop than americans, i mean we bump wutang...yall praise clowns like soulja boy LOL WTF?!?

I agree with most WuBizzle's opinions, but the way he defends them is completely... how should I put it... wrong.

So what if he's from Deutschland... I'm from Serbia, and I have the same opinion as you... does that mean Serbia is a more credible country than Deutschland when talking hip hop?

Absolutely not.

Jin10304
11-06-2008, 08:58 AM
sunlight - sorry it ain't RZA album...

So the same could be said for other Wu solo on albums then?

Clan In Da Front-Aint a GZA album
M-E-T-H-O-D Man-Aint a Mef album
The City-Aint a Deck album
Black Shampoo-Aint a U-God album
Dog Shit-Aint a ODB album
Sunshower-Aint a RZA album
One Blood Under W-Aint a Masta Killa album

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-06-2008, 09:02 AM
damn, some of y'all are just crazy. I'll make one special thread about sumtin tho, cuz somethins something ain't appreciated enuff.

Tyler Durden
11-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Its an OK album.

I have it because its a Wu album.

But 'Classic' as a stretch.

Whenever I have to tell someone that claims they like 'rap' music about real rap music I tell them about Wu Tang forever n 36 Chambers.
I would never whip out the 8D screaming, this is the shit.

WuBizzie
11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Its an OK album.

I have it because its a Wu album.

But 'Classic' as a stretch.

Whenever I have to tell someone that claims they like 'rap' music about real rap music I tell them about Wu Tang forever n 36 Chambers.
I would never whip out the 8D screaming, this is the shit.

I would. I have. My niggas don't even fuck wit Wu anymore and they felt 8D when i threw it on for them for the first time. real talk. And you know why? I believe that their judgement wasn't clouded because they were totally oblivious to the outlandish statements that Rae made. Or the outlandish statements Ghost made. I sincerely feel that the anti-8D club of clowns are just sheep who's judgement was highly influenced by some comments that were made that we all know probably shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Bottom line: 8D is Wu's 3rd best album. It can be argued that W is on par but I don't feel it's as ill as 8D.

Prolifical ENG
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I would. I have. My niggas don't even fuck wit Wu anymore and they felt 8D when i threw it on for them for the first time. real talk. And you know why? I believe that their judgement wasn't clouded because they were totally oblivious to the outlandish statements that Rae made.

Yeah, I know some cats like that. They don't really care about wu anymore and think 8D > Forever. They listen to all genres of music except country and opera.

deeznutz1981
11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
the threadstarted is an internet troll

Robert
11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
8 diagrams is so good. It's a fucking classic. No really. If I didn't have my fourth eye open I would have missed the deeper meaning.

Still, it wasn't as good as the Big Doe Rehab.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Nah, man, Ice Water. Rae trained them til' they were ready. And then they did the album and buyakasha, swept all memories of Enter and Forever away.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-06-2008, 03:10 PM
man,im shaking in my boots yo,this thread is very intimidating

food for thought
11-06-2008, 03:12 PM
threadstarter needs to get some pussy

Maccabee Ridah
11-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Muthafuckin mad azzed album...:D

P.E.A.C.E.

hom1e
12-05-2008, 08:49 AM
sunlight - sorry it ain't RZA album...

So the same could be said for other Wu solo on albums then?

Clan In Da Front-Aint a GZA album
M-E-T-H-O-D Man-Aint a Mef album
The City-Aint a Deck album
Black Shampoo-Aint a U-God album
Dog Shit-Aint a ODB album
Sunshower-Aint a RZA album
One Blood Under W-Aint a Masta Killa album

Those tracks was hella wu, but with one member, Sunlight is a RZA type shit, ok Black Shampo too but it was of the hook HAHA :D

claaa7
12-05-2008, 09:12 AM
i still bump "8 Diagrams" and i fucking love that album, the hate against it is ridiciolus. there is alot of joints on it that fucking screams WU-TANG, the production work is probably RZA's best work for almost 10 years. It's filled with nasty Kung Fu flick samples, bringing back the essence - show me something on "Iron Flag" that sounds as Wu-Tang as "Weak Spot", "Campfire" and "Rushing Elephants".... as Gitche said, this one you play straight through - you don't skip or stop halfway through. I have barely listened to a single joint on there without listening to them all since the release.

I agree that a couple of the generals didn't sound as inspired as they once did but:

Ghostface Killah - 3 crazy ill verses, wish he'd been on it more though.
U-God - almost the peak of his career goddamnit.
Method Man - killing shit everywhere.
Raekwon - a bit tired sometimes but enough hot verses not to bash him.
Masta Killa - he's just doing what he's been doing, better delivery than on most of "Forever".
Inspectah Deck - I love his flow/delivery on "Take it Back" and "Unpredictable" but other than that he came kinda lame.
GZA/Genius - ok, this guy definitely has seen better days but his verses on "Rushing Elephants" and "Weak Spot" are great.
RZA - Pretty weak verses 'cept for "Life Changes".

props to threadstarter for recognizing because this album is way above most peoples heads right now and yes it is much better than the Almighty album imo.

Durag
12-05-2008, 09:29 AM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/image.php?u=39554&dateline=1215971154

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA what a faggot nigga

When 8 Diagrams dropped i loved it, and played it non stop for a month, but when i stopped playing it ive had no desire to go back to it at all. Its been 10 months since i listened to it, maybe i should go back and listen to it, but i think it lacked replay value.

And yeah, its definitly better than Almighty, i think im alone here, but i thought that was trash coz of the beats

Jin10304
12-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Those tracks was hella wu, but with one member, Sunlight is a RZA type shit, ok Black Shampo too but it was of the hook HAHA

I was under the impression because RZA got a solo on 8D he thought it shouldnt be on the LP and save it for his own album hence "this aint a RZA solo/album".....not the type of production uses for his own solo shit compared to his Wu-Tang prod on clan albums

MsRzaRecTaH
12-05-2008, 06:23 PM
man,im shaking in my boots yo,this thread is very intimidating

word life! LOL!! ehh the album is iight! its not a classic though.
peace

LORD NOSE
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Huh ?